EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Forensic Science International - Abstract

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Forensic Science International - Abstract
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Population genetics and DNA preservation in ancient human remains from Eastern Spain

Available online 28 April 2008

C. Gamba, E. Fernández, A. Oliver, M. Tirado, C. Baeza, A.M. López-Parra, E. Arroyo-Pardo

Abstract
This work aims to establish the genetic relationship between the different settlers of Eastern Spain and also to determine the conditions of DNA preservation. We studied two overlapping sequences (16,126–16,251 and 16,256–16,369) from mitochondrial HVR-I in 37 bone and teeth samples from 17 archaeological sites of Spanish Levant. Consistence of the results was established by repeated replication of amplifications. Approximately, 50% of the samples yielded reproducible results. The high efficiency in DNA recovery indicates that sample preservation mainly depends on the depositional environment rather than on sample age. Haplogroup V, an alleged marker of Paleolithic newcomers in Europe, has been found in an unusual elevated frequency (1 Calcolithic and 2 Iberian samples). This result could suggest a more southern distribution of Palaeolithic ice refugia. Moreover, we found Haplogroup L in Calcolithic samples. This may suggest the presence of a prehistoric African genetic background in eastern Iberia.

Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ausarian
Member # 13266

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ausarian   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Moreover, we found Haplogroup L in Calcolithic samples. This may suggest the presence of a prehistoric African genetic background in eastern Iberia.
Reminds of: Casas et al., Human mitochondrial DNA diversity in an archaeological site in al-Andalus: Genetic impact of migrations from North Africa in medieval Spain, 2006.

Abstract
Mitochondrial DNA sequences and restriction fragment polymorphisms were retrieved from three Islamic 12th-13th century samples of 71 bones and teeth (with >85% efficiency) from Madinat Baguh (today called Priego de Cordoba, Spain). Compared with 108 saliva samples from the present population of the same area, the medieval samples show a higher proportion of sub-Saharan African lineages that can only partially be attributed to the historic Muslim occupation. In fact, the unique sharing of transition 16175, in L1b lineages, with Europeans, instead of Africans, suggests a more ancient arrival to Europe from Africa. The present day Priego sample is more similar to the current south Iberian population than to the medieval sample from the same area. The increased gene flow in modern times could be the main cause of this difference. Am J Phys Anthropol 2006. © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.

Posts: 233 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ Nothing new there Ausarian, sensible people have known for some time that Africans were the first settlers of Europe, predating Caucasians by tens of thousands of years. The issue is artifacts: whether you call them Iberians or Gauls, those people built hundreds, perhaps thousands of cities in southern Europe, where are the artifacts? Certainly Whites razed the cities, but each grave probably held grave goods and statues, where are they, why have they not been released.
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ yes, all this is old stuff going back at least to J.A. Rogers et al.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
^^^ Nothing new there Ausarian, sensible people have known for some time that Africans were the first settlers of Europe, predating Caucasians by tens of thousands of years. The issue is artifacts: whether you call them Iberians or Gauls, those people built hundreds, perhaps thousands of cities in southern Europe, where are the artifacts? Certainly Whites razed the cities, but each grave probably held grave goods and statues, where are they, why have they not been released.

That's an easy question to answer. They have not been released to maintain the lie Europe was always white. Europeans will go to great length to deny the African role in Europe for example, look at how they have repainted many Minoan artifacts to make the appear more white Europeanist.

Here is a picture of the Minoans/Cretans bring tribute to Egypt.

-  -

Here is a picture of repainted Minoan murals to make it appear the Minoans were white

-

-

Below is a picture of people at Thera, they look nothining like the retouched murals above.

-

Europeans will go to any length to perpetuate a lie of whites always founding the great civilizations.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ausarian
Member # 13266

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ausarian   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

^^^ Nothing new there Ausarian,

What planet are you from Mike, as it is certainly not earth? And yes, you are also wrong about the issue at hand: *Genetics*!
Posts: 233 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss your point Ausarian, your post and evergreens post confirms the African origin of the original Europeans, I was merely commenting on that. I can only assume by your reaction that you didn't realize that this was the conclusions of the studies. Just goes to show, don't post it unless you know it.
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ tell me about ausarianstein and his ways. lol
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Clyde - So true, so true. Aren't they disgusting with their racism.
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People also have to remember that Africans have been crossing the straits of Gibraltar for a very long time. Hannibal and the Carthaginians had colonized parts of Spain. Likewise, modern Spanish people are derived from the Iberians, people who many scholars claim originated in North Africa.

quote:

Iberians
Encyclopedia Article

Iberians, ancient people of eastern and southern Spain. The Iberian Peninsula, comprising Spain and Portugal, takes its name from them. The origin of the Iberians is still largely a matter for conjecture. Some scholars suggest that the region around the Ebro River (in ancient times the Iberus) is the most likely place of origin; others theorize that the Iberians migrated to the Iberian Peninsula from North Africa sometime before 1500 bc. The first historical references to the Iberians, made by Greek colonists settled along the Mediterranean coast of the peninsula, date from the 6th century bc. Later data, recorded mainly by the Romans, who gained possession of the peninsula as a consequence of the Second Punic War, reveal that by the 3rd century bc the Iberians had become mixed with Celtic invaders from the east, producing the so-called Celtiberians; the present-day Spanish are in part descended from these Celtiberians. (The name Iberians was also used by the Greeks for the ancient inhabitants of Georgia, in Caucasia. The two groups of people were not related, however.)

Knowledge of the Iberians of Spain has been gained mainly from cross-dating of their coins and pottery. The majority of the coins are inscribed in an alphabet partly derived from those of the Phoenicians and Greeks. Most of the characters, however, are in an older, apparently indigenous script of unknown origin. The script has been deciphered, and numerous place-names mentioned in inscriptions on coins can be read, but little more is understood at present. Iberian pottery has been uncovered in parts of France, Italy, and North Africa, brought there originally through trade and travel.

It is widely supposed that the Iberians were generally short and dark-skinned; that primarily they were agriculturalists (some were also miners and metalworkers); that quite possibly they lived in and around politically independent city-states; and that undoubtedly they possessed a sophisticated written literature. Their culture, although earlier indebted to the Carthaginians and Greeks who had colonized Spain before the Romans, had reached a high level by the time of the Roman conquest. Little of it survived the overpowering influence of Rome. The Iberian language was replaced by Latin during the six centuries of Roman rule.

Theories that attempt in some way to relate the ancient Iberians to the Basques, and the Iberian language to that of the Basques, are not supported by modern scholarship.

From: http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761568486/Iberians.html
Posts: 8895 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ausarian
Member # 13266

Rate Member
quote:

evergreens post confirms the African origin of the original Europeans, I was merely commenting on that.

Okay?

quote:
Mike writes:

I can only assume by your reaction that you didn't realize that this was the conclusions of the studies. Just goes to show, don't post it unless you know it.

Your "assumption" tells me you have skipped prep-school. What does "remind" mean? Take your time and more than the *maximum level of thinking* you've ever used in your lifetime, to answer this question. In other words,*max out* your maximum capacity to think, in order to answer this question, Mike.
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Clyde - So true, so true. Aren't they disgusting with their racism.

yes.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
That's an easy question to answer. They have not been released to maintain the lie Europe was always white. Europeans will go to great length to deny the African role in Europe for example, look at how they have repainted many Minoan artifacts to make the appear more white Europeanist.

-  -

Here is a picture of repainted Minoan murals to make it appear the Minoans were white

-

-

Below is a picture of people at Thera, they look nothining like the retouched murals above.

-

Europeans will go to any length to perpetuate a lie of whites always founding the great civilizations.

^ I agree with this post.

btw: contained within are [just] a part of the reason why "Black" as a social ethnic reference, remains vital and powerful.

There are reasons why 'eurocentrists' need to whitewash history, even as they advocate the idea of belonging to a 'race', which in pseudo-theory might be of 'any' color.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:

-  -

-

-

-

^ I agree with this post.

btw: contained within are [just] a part of the reason why "Black" as a social ethnic reference, remains vital and powerful.

There are reasons why 'eurocentrists' need to whitewash history, even as they advocate the idea of belonging to a 'race', which in pseudo-theory might be of 'any' color.

Explain to me how "black" is powerful in this discourse rather than promote more Eurocentricism as well as give them the right to define what they have "defined" in the first place?
Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Wolofi - What you wrote was too deep for me; but I got the impression that you were saying "Turn the Other Cheek" they'll get tired and stop kicking the sh*t out of you. Did I get it right?
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wolofi - What you wrote was too deep for me; but I got the impression that you were saying "Turn the Other Cheek" they'll get tired and stop kicking the sh*t out of you. Did I get it right?

^^Can you rephrase I am not comprehending your articulation.
Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Euros certainly weren't the first to define someone as black, Wolofi.

quote:

I really have no idea wtf you're talking about now.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FdTy1nHVQJM

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com