EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » From "white" to "black"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: From "white" to "black"
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard on the news just today that the Chinese population is South Africa has gone to court to change their ethnic designation from "white"[honorary] to "black". The reason given is that they experience being left out when government contracts and other affirmative action perks are being awarded to those who have been left out in the past. If they are successful what would that mean for those Chinese who are flooding into Southern Africa directly from China to open businesses from corner shops to big investment capital intensive ventures?

The Chinese--assumedly citizens--population of South Africa is put at 300,000 persons.

This move on the part of the Chinese South Africans reminds me of the alacrity with which whites in Southern Africa who simply described themeselves as "Europeans" during colonial days--in fact South Africa had a lot of public signs saying "European", "Coloureds", and "Bantu"[often "Natives"]--now call themselves "white Africans".

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Politics and power. The majority group (power group) is increasingly black in south africa. As black economic empowerment programs give blacks for of the economic share, other groups will want to clamor to be "black".

Compare that to different socio-economic climates and power-relations in other countries that have recent african-descended populations.

Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They want in on the Black Economic Empowerment programs, that's all. And the sorry excuse South Africa has for a government will give them what they want. The curse of Mandela will hang over a once revolutionary people. Robert Sobukwe must be spinning in his grave.

-

A slight correction so as not to confuse me with the simpleton above. Despite political power and BEE, blacks are by no means the "power group" in South Africa, whites are still firmly in charge. Obvious to any informed onlooker.

A study released last month revealed that white South Africans still earn around 450% more than their black counterparts, 14 years after the end of apartheid

I don't know where the girl Mmmkay gets her info from. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A slight correction so as not to confuse me with the simpleton above
Unfortunately its not like your answer means anything. Its like the opinion of a cockroach is of little consequence to a human. The same. [Wink]

Now back to the topic. [Big Grin]

Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is Idi or Mugabe when you need them? HE! HE! HE! HE! Just dowmloaded Mien Kempf...ebook. Fascinating Story.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Unfortunately its not like your answer means anything. Its like the opinion of a cockroach
Yep, you confirmed it, you're a simpleton. LOL I'm just glad to didn't resort to trolling like your boyfriend.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sportbilly
Member # 14122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sportbilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This article PISSES me off! Idi Amin knew how to handle crap like this--mass deportations!
The Chinese flooding into Africa is no accident. These Chinese "immigrants" arrive with money in their pockets and the full political backing of their government. Same as the Philippines, where the Chinese, not Filipinos, are the ruling class. China has made no bones that the race to claim ALL of Africa's resources is on, and they intend to win that race!

Getting as many Chinese as possible into the country is just the start.
The reason they're getting away with it is because most of Africa's "leaders" are looking to China to give them power dams, bridges and infrastructure, rather than build their own. In other words, they want China to run their countries while these corrupt bastards go off to France or China to spend the bribe money they got.
Of course what goes unsaid is that the Africans will have to give China their resources, and allow China to dominate their countries economically. They want to get their hooks so deep into Africa that the Africans won't be able to get them out without destroying their own economies.
This is why the biggest sellers of goods in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Mozabique are all Chinese manufacturers. Their cheap goods make it where African companies don't stand a chance, so nobody bothers to start a business.

This is how the Chinese operate. First they bribe the officials to look the other way. Then they flood the country with Chinese nationals, and then use the dual mechanisms of democracy and immigration to control that country's economic policies for China's benefit.
And of course, S Africa's "leaders" are letting it happen, again.

Now, the smart thing to do is to not legalize ANY of them. Doesn't matter how long they've been in the country. Declare them resident aliens and leave their status (and that of their descendants) as RA's.
If any of them want to open businesses, tell them they'll have to do it with a black as the owner of the business. Japan did this with American companies, Ethiopia did it with their Indian nationals and China does it with everyone. This is how you keep foreigners from taking over, make it where they can't OWN anything.
When some of the people in this forum wonder why people like me say Nelson Mandela was a white stooge who sold Africa out THIS is what we mean.
Africans will never rule themselvse until they DOMINATE the politics and economics of where they live. That domination begins with dominating the population.
Every other country on the planet has immigration caps except Africa. Rather than treat their countries as queens who need to be protected they instead treat the motherland as a whore whose legs they're determined to keep open.
Mandela, Mbeki and all the other "leaders" have dedicated themselves to keeping things this way. And we all know why. They are getting paid off by the whites and the Chinese to keep blacks disempowered.

This is why Africa can't get free. The leaders are hopelessly corrupt and are more insterested in protecting their particular political hustle ("I'm the voice of the blacks in Africa, so all you whites have to deal--and bribe!-- ME") than in seeing that Africa is once again under invasion.
What Africa needs is some good old-fashioned ethnic cleansing. Starting with these corrupt "leaders."
When your "neighbors" are trying to dominate you then you have no choice but to clean out the neighborhood.

Posts: 248 | From: Way Down South | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
It was all predicted. But we didn't listen so we pay the price.

Marcus Garvey's words come to pass,-
Marcus Garvey's words come to pass,

Can't get no food to eat,
Can't get no money to spend, Wo-oo-oo
Can't get no food to eat,
Can't get no money to spend, Woo -oo- oo

Come, little one and let me do what I can do for you
And you and you alone
Come, little one, wo-oo-oo
Let me do what I can do for you and you alone, woo-oo-oo

He who knows the right thing
And do it not
Shall be spanked with many stripes,

Weeping and wailing and moaning,
You've got yourself to blame, I tell you.
Do right do right do right do right do right,
Tell you to do right, Woo -oo- oo
Beg you to do right, Woo -oo- oo

Where is Bagawire, he's nowhere to be found
He can't be found
First betrayer who gave away Marcus Garvey
Son of Satan, First prophesy,
Catch them, Garvey old
Catch them Garvey, catch them Woo -oo- oo
Hold them Marcus, hold them Woo -oo- oo
Marcus Garvey, Marcus Woo -oo- oo

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the courts quickly said "yes". You are black now. Go in peace and good luck!
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
quote:
Yep, you confirmed it, you're a simpleton.
You've long confirmed that your a forum-cockroach, at barely 2 posts into your ES career and now your trollin away at 579 and counting.

^ He could'nt wait to get started. [Big Grin]

Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What Africa needs is some good old-fashioned ethnic cleansing.
 -

African leaders are crap, but "ethnic cleansing" chinese is out of the question lol

sportbilly
Member # 14122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sportbilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mean it's impossible to clean a Chinese, or that it's unneccessary to severly reduce their numbers in Africa?
You don't know what you're talking about if you're implying it can't be done, and you don't have Africa's best interests at heart if you want anyone to believe it shouldn't be done.

Chinese entry into Africa is the devil's bagain African "leaders" had to make to get the Communist chieftains in Beijing to enter into economic and development projects with them, but they seem to have forgotten the Chinese economic position, while large, is also very fragile.
Right now they need Africa more than Africa needs them. They should be leveraging this. Instead they're bending over to give evil an opening.

I just got through reading a Wall Street Journal online piece talking about how quickly the courts decided to make asians into "honorary" blacks. The Asians cowardly behavior makes a mockery of the term.

Amazing. It's like the Asians in the US. They built the railroads in the late 1900's but didn't want to be lumped in with blacks in ANY way--blacks were being lynched and killed and locked out of governmemt and schools.
They didn't participate in one protest, they didin't support one boycott, they didn't denounce any act of brutality against us--they sat on the sidelines screaming neutrality.

Then as soon as the gains are made, and the lynchings stop, and affirmative action gets instituted, Asians demand to be considered "minorities" so they can get the rewards of other people's labors. Pathetic.
WOW! Isn't it great to have such stand-up neighbors like these?

Posts: 248 | From: Way Down South | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Hey Mmmkay, where's your boyfriend Ausarianstein? Give him my love, and tell him I didn't mean to send him to the hospital. lol
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^stop dick riding!

you blithering irritant faggot.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
^ Indeed. But anyways...

quote:
Do you mean it's impossible to clean a Chinese, or that it's unneccessary to severly reduce their numbers in Africa?
You don't know what you're talking about if you're implying it can't be done, and you don't have Africa's best interests at heart if you want anyone to believe it shouldn't be done.

So your going to do it then?

Its not "impossible" its simply morally and politically not an option. This is not Nazi Germany and for anyone to call for "ethnic cleansing" is appalling and needs their head checked.

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Africa doesn't have to resort to ethnic cleansing, 1) she could use the Malaysian and Japanese model like Lamin said, 2) stop corrupt government officials giving Chinese and others work permits and residence status.

Politically it's not an option right now because the weak SA government strings are being pulled by whites, using liberalism and multiculturalism as a cover, to push blacks further to the periphery of their own society. As for Nazi Germany being the eternal example of ethnic cleaning, girl child please, you know nothing of history. America did it, still doing it now through proxy in Iraq; England and all the western colonial powers did it and still doing it their their proxies in Africa: DRC,Ivory coast etc, commie Russia did it to Germans after WW2, and of course Israel does it every day. So please keep up to date with your examples ok missy? LOL

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mmmkay:
So your going to do it then?

Its not "impossible" its simply morally and politically not an option.

Maybe he meant deportation.

quote:
Originally posted by akoben08:
A slight correction so as not to confuse me with the simpleton above.[...]

I don't know where the girl Mmmkay gets her info from. [Roll Eyes]

Is everyone else (besides me, Horus, Yonis, Mmkay and about five others) irritated at how this loser takes his obsessions from thread to thread and cannot get off certain posters nutsacks?
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
^ you talk about obsessions from thread to thread, yet you are doing the same. who's the loser here? LOL face it boys and girl, you and the nigerian who likes to talk about his friend dick (like ausarianstein's dick friends too) are the ones projecting. own up to it man! LMAO!
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
quote:
Is everyone else (besides me, Horus, Yonis, Mmkay and about five others) irritated at how this loser takes his obsessions from thread to thread and cannot get off certain posters nutsacks?
LMAO. Maybe one day he'll get a life, but don't count on it.

Sad that some people have so little to do in life but troll on web-boards aimlessly, but hey this is the new ES.

quote:
you talk about obsessions from thread to thread, yet you are doing the same.
^ He's pointing out yours. Not the same. [Wink]
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^lol, don't make Mystery have to come in here and post prolly 'bout 14 links this time about threads in which you dick-ride.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what you've actually made a view points without ad hominem.

quote:
Africa doesn't have to resort to ethnic cleansing, 1) she could use the Malaysian and Japanese model like Lamin said, 2) stop corrupt government officials giving Chinese and others work permits and residence status.

Politically it's not an option right now because the weak SA government strings are being pulled by whites, using liberalism and multiculturalism as a cover, to push blacks further to the periphery of their own society. As for Nazi Germany being the eternal example of ethnic cleaning, girl child please, you know nothing of history. America did it, still doing it now through proxy in Iraq; England and all the western colonial powers did it and still doing it their their proxies in Africa: DRC,Ivory coast etc, commie Russia did it to Germans after WW2, and of course Israel does it every day. So please keep up to date with your examples ok missy? LOL

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
^ look, if it makes you feel better, if i were gay i would give you a chance....lol
sportbilly
Member # 14122

Rate Member
I see some folks didn't read my earlier posts where I said: "Declare them [Chinese specifically, all non-African foreigners in genreal] resident aliens and leave their status (and that of their descendants) as RA's."

Now if those who keep asking, "What does he mean 'ethnic cleansing'?" had simply looked a few posts up, they wouldn't have had to ask. Check it again. Nothing about gas chambers and crematories.

After a hundred years of foreign domination, and a thousand of foreign invasion, there shouildn't be a debate on this.
A hard truth that some people seem to be wrestling within themselves not to accept is that the internal politics of Afirca will always be corrupted as long as people with allegiances to foregin countries are in the continent. Sooner or later the Africans will no longer resist the urge to do what they've only talked about up until now and take out the trash.
It's the ony way. Whether or not that is pleasant for you to hear is your problem, it doesn't erase the facts. The road to African independence will be paved with mass deportations or, if the foreigners, and their home countries resist, mass liquidations.

The Chinese desperately need natural resources and only a fool thinks they're above inventing some "incident" in order to justify a military incursion. Hell, they've been threatening Taiwan for 50 years, and the only reason they haven't pulled anyhting is because of the US.
They look at Africa as an easy victory. Easier than the Philippines though infintely more lucrative.

Dealing with the "settler question" is ineveitable. And when that time comes Africa should not hesitate.
If that eventually devolves into cattle cars and internment camps I'm all for it. If it's Rwanda times 100, so be it. All foreigners in Africa must come to accept (either by reason or by force) that Africa doesn't exist for their benefit, in fact the oposite is true.
Just so long as the first folks to be "cleansed" are the corrupt and crumbling "leaders" Africa's been saddled with. Enough is enough.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^The difference between Africans and the MANY countries who constantly come into Africa and dominate them is, these invading countries are unified and organized. They come into Africa with a predefined plan, while Africa and Africans are scattered, unorganized and have no encompassing plan.

At this stage in the game, one would assume Africa and Africans would recognize this weakness and take definitive action to correct it. However, while other nations are taking action and successfully executing their plans for Africa, Africans are still at the point of debating, and unwilling to take the steps necessary to protect and restore the continent and their rightful property.
There are many contributing factors involved. The largest being, Individualism and tribalism which will definitely prove to be the straw that breaks Africa's back.
As long as these insane concepts are maintained, Africa will always be an easy target for international take-over.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
^ I love how the "africa experts" on this forum subscribe to blanket notions of 'africa' as a monolithic entity.
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^This should be easily obvious to most, but for clarity assuming our audience lacks rudimentary strategic analysis, we'll state the obvious.
We base our estimates on overall statistical analysis, not illusion and wishful thinking.
As for Africa NOT being a unified entity, note all of the succeeding invading countries are.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lamin (sock puppet of the forum's resident loon ???)

wrote:

--------------------------------
--------------------------------

Why don't you do the intellegent thing and provide us with links so that we can read for ourselves and get some context on this event?

From what I understand the Chinese and Japanese were harrased, discriminated against, and murdered by the South African government which was one of the principles for this action.

Amazing how Frosty wants to make is seem as if his evil has only affected Africans. Here is a little secret:

The higher a group is on Powder's racial hierarchy chart, the more Powder has to pretend that his evil hasn't affected that group.

Why you ask?

Because in their minds it makes them look more evil. Therefore Frosty either lies about history, or omits certain items from history. In this instance the treatment of the Chinese and Japanese.

Its amazing how you have idiots that just grabbed on to what this lamin character said and act as if they know 1. that it is the truth and 2. if it is true, the context of the situation.

I'll guarentee that all of these lame brained "experts" in this thread are from a certain ethnic group.

Wonder which one?

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
What I wrote is almost verbatim from what the print and broadcast media are reporting.

The Japanese and Chinese in South Africa were long ago designated as "honorary whites", which meant that they were subject to the racial laws of Apartheid in the same way whites were. In other words they were a privileged group. This is so well known that there is no need to link to any site.

Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Wrong thread.

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yonis wrote:

-------------------------
Wrong thread.
-------------------------

Wrong roach.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
lamin wrote:

quote:
What I wrote is almost verbatim from what the print and broadcast media are reporting.

The Japanese and Chinese in South Africa were long ago designated as "honorary whites", which meant that they were subject to the racial laws of Apartheid in the same way whites were. In other words they were a privileged group. This is so well known that there is no need to link to any site.

You're lying. Because I remember a few years back coming across an article written by a Japanese man who wrote about himself being refused lodging at a hotel because he wasn't white and was threatened with having the police called on him if he didn't leave.

Your non-evidenced opinionated selfpity rant is dismissed.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
You're lying. Because I remember a few years back coming across an article written by a Japanese man who wrote about himself being refused lodging at a hotel because he wasn't white and was threatened with having the police called on him if he didn't leave.
What you fail to understand is that there was official and documented Apartheid policy and laws that classified Japanese and Chinese as 'honorary' whites; so I don't know how that could be false. On the other hand, the anecdote about that Japanese man and a hotel is just that--an anecdote.
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
That policy was enacted after apartheid ended so they wouldn't have to compensate Asians for the injustices they endured. Asians were brought to South Africa in bondage to work the mines.

African American ambassadors and government workers along with non-white entertainers and athletes were granted honorary white status as well.

So again your non-evidenced opinionated selfpity rant is dismissed.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

quote:
^ look, if it makes you feel better

just stay off ma nuts and it'll be fine [Smile]

No more hitting on me or other straight posters who don't want your attention.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
That policy was enacted after apartheid ended so they wouldn't have to compensate Asians for the injustices they endured. Asians were brought to South Africa in bondage to work the mines.

African American ambassadors and government workers along with non-white entertainers and athletes were granted honorary white status as well.

This is getting tedious--so last try. The report was about Chinese specifically not Asians in general. The Asians brought to South Africa as indentured workers were South Asian Indians and South Asians Malays.

My point is that some Chinese people in SA went to court to change their racial designation from "honorary white" to "black".

What exactly is your point after several posts?

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
quote:

This is getting tedious--so last try. The report was about Chinese specifically not Asians in general. The Asians brought to South Africa as indentured workers were South Asian Indians and South Asians Malays.

My point is that some Chinese people in SA went to court to change their racial designation from "honorary white" to "black".

I'm just horrified by how Raymond Djehuti the con-artist set out to wilfully destroy your threads, lamin. Most of these nicks are of one and the same malicious person.

But could you explain according to your views, what these 'honorary whites' from the past should do today. This whole thing was kind of forced on them as well, and even post-Apartheid, the chimney needs to smoke, e.g. they have to feed their families too.

The dismantling of Apartheid went in a peaceful fashion, with people telling about the evils they did and being forgiven. So as not to wreck the country. In Zimbabwe things took another turn, for some reason, and the white supremacist governments from the west went out to punish Mugabe.

The Reversed Apartheid (1500-1789), I have discovered in Europe, led to the Terror from the French Revolution Era. Nobles were hung from the lampposts in front of their doors or had to flee!

So if everybody in S.Africa now wants to be Black, it might be good. Colour should not be the one criterion to give out state contracts.

Someone told me about Singapore where ethnic Chinese students, the group he belongs to, have to pay twice the amount of tuition than Indians pay. Or something like that. The intention is good, but I still feel it pits groups against each other. There should be another way to achieve the intended result.

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
EC,
The point is that no matter how broad or narrow the definition of "black" could be, persons of Chinese ancestry in South Africa will always be seen as Chinese.

I don't really know the reason why the Chinese of South Africa should want to be seen as other than Chinese--given that wherever the Chinese migrate to, they tend to be independent and even clannish when it comes to business and economic matters.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, over here in Horror land, for a while, employers had to register how many minorities they employed. And the idea was to sanction them if hey had too few. Of course campaigning for such a thing today will get you in grave hot water. They might lynch you! But S.Africa could stimulate people and companies to integrate, in order to get contracts. But if these Chinese have citizen rights, they must be accepted as citizens too. Immigrants always seem to do better. But yes, some Asians have a way of closing their ranks. Just like the endogamous Blue blooded nobles did.
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egmond Codfried:
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
quote:

I'm just horrified by how Raymond Djehuti the con-artist set out to wilfully destroy your threads, lamin. Most of these nicks are of one and the same malicious person.

But could you explain according to your views, what these 'honorary whites' from the past should do today. This whole thing was kind of forced on them as well, and even post-Apartheid, the chimney needs to smoke, e.g. they have to feed their families too.

The dismantling of Apartheid went in a peaceful fashion, with people telling about the evils they did and being forgiven. So as not to wreck the country. In Zimbabwe things took another turn, for some reason, and the white supremacist governments from the west went out to punish Mugabe.

The Reversed Apartheid (1500-1789), I have discovered in Europe, led to the Terror from the French Revolution Era. Nobles were hung from the lampposts in front of their doors or had to flee!

So if everybody in S.Africa now wants to be Black, it might be good. Colour should not be the one criterion to give out state contracts.

Someone told me about Singapore where ethnic Chinese students, the group he belongs to, have to pay twice the amount of tuition than Indians pay. Or something like that. The intention is good, but I still feel it pits groups against each other. There should be another way to achieve the intended result.

South Africa allowed some of the worlds biggest genocidal rapists, murderers and thieves walk away SCOTT FREE, keeping MOST of the wealth power and privileges that they had gotten from OPPRESSING BLACKS. In return for allowing these evil people to stay free and IN South Africa, black South Africans got the pleasure of being WORSE OFF economically and still pretty much slaves in their OWN land, with most of it being owned and controlled by whites and foreigners..... So yea, it certainly is a great day.

So the point is how on earth can Chinese and other foreigners come into Africa and get treatment that blacks DON'T get yet? Black Africans don't even get the full benefit of the land, resources and wealth of South Africa, so how on earth does Chinese calling themselves black help them? In actuality it is a shrewd plot, because unlike the black South Africans whose leaders are INDIFFERENT to their plight, the Chinese people have China and a huge array of companies and interest groups to help them develop in South Africa over and above an honorary "black" status. They just want to use that label as a way of getting a 'foot' in the door for THEIR OWN interests and they know it. This certainly has nothing to do with helping the MAJORITY of blacks in Africa.

Blacks in South Africa today are WORSE off than 25 years ago:

quote:

Former Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town Njongonkulu Ndungane, who succeeded Desmond Tutu, says that the worsening conditions of poverty in many parts of South Africa are reaching crisis proportions.

Ndungane has recently toured vulnerable communities. Afterwards he said there was a “feeling of hopelessness” overwhelming the country, especially among young people, and characterising the situation as a “state of emergency” warned of impending “disaster”.

The former archbishop declared: “Never before in the history of South Africa have such large gatherings of people consistently said 'we have no food. In a country where huge amounts can be spent on [the 2010] soccer world cup or increasing salaries, it is unthinkable that so many can go without food.”

Recent official statitics demonstrate that average unemployment levels have risen to around 25 per cent in South Africa. The figure is significantly higher in some demographics.

Archbishop Ndungane had challenged government officials to travel with him to visit those living in poverty, and to address the problems creating a culture of despair and economic and social disempowerment.

A budgetary statement released by the government earlier this week has produced anger among anti-poverty activists for its apparent complacency regarding the country's divisions.

Ndugane said he shared this concern, sating the South African government's statement seemed to suggest that the nation was “OK in view of the global economic crisis”.

“But the people of South Africa living in poverty are saying they are not okay. They are hungry and struggling. They are unemployed.”

He warned that the potential consequences of the frustration people were current feeling, was widespread social unrest.

According to the World Bank, the number of poor people in Africa (measured by income, employment and access to basic amenities) had risen from 200 million in 1981 to 380 million in 2005 and around 400 million in 2007.

Posts: 8891 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

How's South Africa fairing lately?

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still pretty much the same for most blacks:

Soweto:

-

-

The only difference is now blacks can be friends with whites and not have to worry about getting their brains shot out.

-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mozzy/66727164/

But they still be broke as hell..... Happy to be nappy and broke as sh*t. that is the happy life....

The point being that eventually blacks in South Africa like blacks everywhere else, will identify with poverty and "the ghetto" as the "normal" state of affairs for blacks..... Which is only the desired result of systematic economic oppression. Ghetto and slums are always artificial constructs designed to restrict and isolate those unwanted or deemed unfit by the power elite. They are not normal in any state of the word. Soweto and other black townships are just such constructs designed and built to perpetuate permanent poverty and disenfranchisement for black South Africans as a permanent under class worker population for the white elites. The fact that they still exist and have not changed much says a lot about so called black "progress" in South Africa. I mean what FREE man or woman would CHOOSE to stay at the bottom of the socio economic ladder in their OWN country? This is especially so when there is enough tin, copper, aluminum, steel and other resources in the SA to rebuild these townships FROM SCRATCH in new locations and make them livable and modern five times over. But of course the power elite has other ideas for that tin, copper, steel and other resources and it has nothing to do with building a better life for black Africans. And as long as blacks believe that they are suffering because they aren't humble, god fearing, hard working "Christians", working as slaves for a system that NEVER intends for them to benefit, then the elites won't have to worry....

Posts: 8891 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't this a foocking sin!! In their own land. Reminds me of these Mexicans crossing the border.

quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
Still pretty much the same for most blacks:

Soweto:
 -

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
According to Christianity and any other religion and just plain common sense, of course it is. It is a sin to treat people in the underhanded, despicable and ruthless manner of whites for the last 500 years. It is also a sin to allow these people to continue committing evil and treacherous acts, by allowing them to stay in power and to commit more crimes against Gods people. It is a sin to reward them with land, money, power and respect because it will only be used to destroy more of Gods people due to their wicked ways. Supporting them with wealth and power only allows sin to continue to grow unabated, which goes AGAINST ANY teaching of religion in any sense. A true God fearing person is supposed to use any power in his being to put a STOP to evil and not let it harm Gods people. At least in theory that is WHAT SHOULD happen if that man or woman REALLY had a religion that ACTUALLY had any basis in REALITY AND TRUTH. Yet because of the brainwashing of Christianity, the blacks are doing just that: sinning, because they do not recognize the GOD they believe in as the source of all good deeds, not some man. They don't recognize the God of Christianity as the source of food and sustainment on this earth, not man. They do not recognize that NO MAN put the power of the earth to feed and nurture mankind in place and therefore NO MAN deserves to be treated as the source of such things. However, since whites have taken all the land and resources to themselves they would have Africans and everyone else continue to sin by worshiping HIM as the source of all such things, which IS A SIN. And of course, such sins only bring about the further damnation and destruction of those who practice it. Until they realize that the GOD of the universe put everything here to feed and clothe them and keep them comfortable and that the ONLY respect and homage goes to this CREATOR and that the CREATOR WANTS them to be able to enjoy and prosper off the bounty of this earth, they will CONTINUE to suffer by following the deception, lies and treachery of the UNJUST and UNRIGHTEOUS. And by doing such they only condemn themselves to DESTRUCTION as SINNERS for not following the TRUE path towards an understanding of CREATION and the TRUE power of CREATION, which comes FROM NO MAN.

Now that is how I look at it if I was a religious person.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
State of Africa today December 23rd 2008:

From AllAfrica.com

1) Electrified border fence for Botswana to keep Africans out

quote:

The Botswana Congress Party will hold demonstrations in the Bobirwa East villages of Mabolwe, Semolale and Gobojango on Tuesday to petition the government over its decision to renege on the electrification of the border fence with Zimbabwe and to protest government's failure to deal with cross-border crime in the Bobirwa area.

(Sounds like something whites would do doesn't it?)

2) Western medical countries continue using Africans as Guinea pigs for new drugs:

quote:

Nairobi — Sixteen thousand children in seven African countries are due to undergo final-stage tests of a potential malaria vaccine early next year after research showed it halves the risk of malaria among infants and children in Kenya and Tanzania.

The next trials will expand to include Burkina Faso, Gabon, Ghana, Malawi and Mozambique. They are scheduled to begin by March 2009.

Results from the two East African clinical trials using the vaccine, currently known as RTS,S, were published last week (8 December) in The New England Journal of Medicine.

3) Obama's family in Kenya being silenced and censored by the Government:

quote:

The government has blocked Kenyan members of President-elect Barrack Obama's extended family from talking to the media.

Family members will have to ask permission from government before issuing making any statement concerning Obama.

The government will also vet all those seeking information about the family.

"We are doing this because we want to ensure better flow of information.

The government has decided that you should inform its officers who will be based here if you want to address the media," Athman Said, an Under-Secretary in the Ministry of Heritage, told the Obama family in Kogelo yesterday.

4) Nigerian military flunkies to help support American control of Somalia, support the puppet government there and keep the people in check:

quote:

Nigerian troops are expected to strengthen an African force in Somalia in January and prevent a security vacuum when Ethiopian soldiers pull out, the African Union said on Sunday.

Ethiopia's decision to withdraw its 3,000 or so troops from the anarchic Horn of Africa nation by the end of the year has raised fears the fractured, Western-backed government will collapse and Islamist insurgents seize the capital Mogadishu.

The Islamists control the south of Somalia and launch near-daily attacks on the Ethiopians propping up the government and 3,200 peacekeepers from Uganda and Burundi guarding key sites in Mogadishu.

"The president of Nigeria has confirmed to me personally that one Nigerian battalion will be sent to Somalia in a short time," African Union Commission Chairman Jean Ping said.

Of course Jean Ping is the commissioner of the AU, who is of Chinese/African ancestry who has a long relationship with the corrupt president of Gabon....

5) Sudanese flunky politicians looking for a way to give away most of the farm land in Sudan to their foreign backers and supporters (guess Africans be to dumb to figure out how to practice irrigation, mechanization and refrigeration on their own):

quote:

Khartoum — Sudan is hoping to use foreign cash to reinvigorate its under-performing agricultural sector, but there is growing disagreement over the extent to which outsiders, rather than local farmers, should be taking control of the industry.

In 2007, the government established a Five Year Action Plan for agriculture. The plan highlighted the dangers of depending on a single commodity product such as oil, due to fluctuations in international prices and limited proven reserves. Sudan's budget for 2009, approved at the beginning of December, forecasts a 43.7 percent fall in oil export revenues next year.

Abdel Dafi, Federal Agricultural Commissioner at the Ministry of Investment, says that the potential of Sudan's agriculture sector is vast, but there are a number of problems that can only be overcome with foreign help. "Most local farmers are familiar with traditional subsistence farming, but don't have the experience with large-scale commercial projects," he told IPS News. "Foreign investment can also help improve transport infrastructure and bring down energy costs."

Dafi says that only 20 percent of the 7.2 million hectares of cultivated land in Sudan is being farmed using modern technology -- and most of this is because of foreign investment.

6) American flunky Sirleaf Johnson welcomes more foreigners to take over all of Liberias economy, following the lead of Firestone in controlling the country's rubber industry:

quote:

Barely a week following the arrival of Seaboard Corporation with an initial investment of US30million, another company has arrived in the country with a huge investment package.

A Chinese company, China Union Investment Company, Limited has arrived in the country with an investment of US$2.6 billion believed to be the largest investment under the administration of President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf.

China Union Company Limited is expected to invest in one of Liberia's most prosperous site, the Bong Ranges, formerly operated by the Bong Mines Company (BMC). The Chinese company recently successfully won a bid to operate Bong mines with a very high score.

Speaking yesterday at the National Investment Commission (NIC) offices where a team of government negotiators and a high powered delegation from the China Union Company held their first meeting, NIC Chairman, Dr. Richard V. Tolbert described the US$2.6 billion investment project as very important to the government of Liberia.

Dr. Tolbert said the investment project is the largest to come to Liberia since the inception of the Unity Party government headed by President Sirleaf. He said the coming of the investors to invest such huge amount in Liberia that is just emerging from a devastating civil unrest is a clear manifestation of the level of trust and interest the international community has in Liberia.

"This will be a substantial project and a long time future for our nation. Your presence here today indicates your interest in Liberia. You won the bid based on transparency and you won 99% out of 100%," the NIC boss averred.

He said if the negotiation that is ongoing between the company and the Liberian government goes well the project will be implemented in 2009 and in five year's time, China Union will create about 3,000 jobs for Liberians.

Presenting a graphic description of the investment project, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of China Union, Mr. Yin Fuyou disclosed that his company will construct a 130MW Hydro Power Plant on the St. Paul River to supply electricity to Monrovia and other areas.

Mr. Yin who spoke through an interpreter noted that Bong Mines will be transformed with modern facilities including a residential area for employees of the company. He said the company will also create an agricultural site where rice and other crops will be planted.

China Union, according to Mr. Yin, will also build a park where livestock will be raised. He said the ore that will be extracted from the mountains of Liberia would benefit every Liberian as the company will be producing steel in the country.
Relevant Links

* West Africa
* Economy, Business and Finance
* Capital Flows
* Investment
* Liberia
* Mining
* Sustainable Development

Earlier, Labor Minister, Samuel Kofi Woods stressed the need for the creation of more jobs for thousands of Liberians who are jobless. Minister Woods said to create jobs is a major factor to economic growth and a boost for social economic development. The Labor minister and other ministers on the government's negotiation team lauded the Chinese Company for winning the bid and assured the company of government's support to its operation in the country.

Note how this particular "investment" puts the Chines in control of not only major parts of the Liberian mining sector, but electricity generation and agriculture as well....

7) Coup in Guinea after president dies (ensuring CONTINUED corruption even as the new coup pledges to end it):

quote:

There is confusion in Conakry Tuesday, where the death of President Lansana Conté has led to an attempted military coup.

An army officer, Captain Moussa Dadis Camara, announced on Radio Conakry "the dissolution" of the government and its institutions, and the suspension of Guinea's constitution, just hours after Conté died. He has been in power since 1984.

The officer declared that "the institutions of the Republic have illustrated their incapacity to resolve the crisis" across the country. Citing reasons for the action, he pointed to the "profound disappointment of the population," the necessity for "economic redress" and the "fight against corruption."

Another day in the ongoing saga of the song and dance clown spectacular of flunky politicians working for the interests of foreign capital and the ultimate destruction of African people....

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Point of note about Guinea and why they need to keep military dictators in charge:

quote:

Richly endowed with minerals, Guinea possesses over 25 billion metric tons (MT) of bauxite – and perhaps up to one-half of the world's reserves. In addition, Guinea's mineral wealth includes more than 4-billion tons of high-grade iron ore, significant diamond and gold deposits, and undetermined quantities of uranium. Guinea has considerable potential for growth in the agricultural and fishing sectors. Soil, water, and climatic conditions provide opportunities for large-scale irrigated farming and agro industry. Possibilities for investment and commercial activities exist in all these areas, but Guinea's poorly developed infrastructure and rampant corruption continue to present obstacles to large-scale investment projects.

Joint venture bauxite mining and alumina operations in northwest Guinea historically provide about 80% of Guinea's foreign exchange. The Compagnie des Bauxites de Guinea (CBG) is the main player in the bauxite industry. CBG is a joint venture, in which 49% of the shares are owned by the Guinean Government and 51% by an international consortium led by Alcoa and Alcan. CBG exports about 14 million metric tons of high-grade bauxite every year. The Compagnie des Bauxites de Kindia (CBK), a joint venture between the Government of Guinea and Russki Alumina, produces some 2.5 million MT annually, nearly all of which is exported to Russia and Eastern Europe. Dian Dian, a Guinean/Ukrainian joint bauxite venture, has a projected production rate of 1 million MT per year, but is not expected to begin operations for several years. The Alumina Compagnie de Guinée (ACG), which took over the former Friguia Consortium, produced about 2.4 million tons of bauxite in 2004, which is used as raw material for its alumina refinery. The refinery supplies about 750,000 MT of alumina for export to world markets. Both Global Alumina and Alcoa-Alcan have signed conventions with the Government of Guinea to build large alumina refineries with a combined capacity of about 4 million MT per year.

Diamonds and gold also are mined and exported on a large scale. AREDOR, a joint diamond-mining venture between the Guinean Government (50%) and an Australian, British, and Swiss consortium, began production in 1984 and mined diamonds that are 90% gem quality. Production stopped from 1993 until 1996, when First City Mining of Canada purchased the international portion of the consortium. By far, most diamonds are mined artisanally. The largest gold mining operation in Guinea is a joint venture between the government and Ashanti Gold Fields of Ghana. SMD also has a large gold mining facility in Lero near the Malian border. Other concession agreements have been signed for iron ore, but these projects are still awaiting preliminary exploration and financing results.

quote:

For expand and develop mining project Rio Tinto, the biggest mining company, looking partner from Chinese. Rio is make plans looking partner mining company specialy mining company for steel and construction companies to help develop a $6bn (£3.08bn) West African iron ore mine.

Sam Walsh, head of Rio’s iron ore division, said in an interview with the Financial Times that the Simandou project in Guinea could eventually supply steelmakers in Europe and Asia with up to 170m tonnes of iron ore a year. The first phase of the mine’s development targets 70m tonnes a year by 2018.

“Europe is the natural market (for the Simandou ore), but there’s a lot of interest from Asia. One option would be to bring a Chinese partner into the project. Our preference would be to have a steel company that is allied to a construction company,” said Mr Walsh. The Chinese steelmaker would agree to buy a portion of Simandou’s output on a long-term “off-take” contract while a Chinese construction group would be valuable in making sure the mine is built on schedule and on budget, at a time of rising costs.

From: http://paguntaka.org/2008/05/14/rio-tinto-make-plans-to-develop-iron-mine-in-west-african/

The previous article a perfect example of how the West is IN BED with China and not hardly threatened by their activities in Africa. Note how the U.S. puppet Liberia is welcoming the Chinese with open arms. But the important thing is to note that NONE of these contracts have ANY INTENTION of using the mineral resources to build the INFRASTRUCTURE of the African countries from which they originate. THAT IS THE POINT of MINING this stuff isn't it? Aluminum, bauxite, steel and all these other minerals ARE USED FOR INFRASTRUCTURE and INDUSTRY. Highways, roads, bridges, pipes, skyscrapers all need these raw materials and Africa has MORE THAN ENOUGH of these raw materials to REBUILD ITSELF 20 times over. But what they DON'T HAVE is CONTROL over the ECONOMIC SYSTEM so that they CAN build their OWN infrastructure using THEIR OWN construction companies, banks and mining companies. It always goes to foreigners who use these minerals and wealth to build their own industries and infrastructure and nothing for Africans.....

Note how the policies of the IMF and World Bank that were followed by the former government did NOTHING to improve the infrastructure for the NATIVES of Guinea. About all these programs do is make it easier for non Africans to TAKE all the African resources they want without ANY of it going to benefit Africans:

quote:

In 2002, the IMF suspended Guinea's Poverty Reduction and Growth Facility (PRGF) because the government failed to meet key performance criteria. In reviews of the PRGF, the World Bank noted that Guinea had met its spending goals in targeted social priority sectors. However, spending in other areas, primarily defense, contributed to a significant fiscal deficit. The loss of IMF funds forced the government to finance its debts through Central Bank advances. The pursuit of unsound economic policies has resulted in imbalances that are proving hard to correct.

Under then-Prime Minister Diallo, the government began a rigorous reform agenda in December 2004 designed to return Guinea to a PRGF with the IMF. Exchange rates have been allowed to float, price controls on gasoline have been loosened, and government spending has been reduced while tax collection has been improved. These reforms have not slowed down inflation, which hit 27% in 2004 and 30% in 2005. Depreciation is also a concern. The Guinea franc was trading at 2550 to the dollar in January 2005. It hit 5554 to the dollar by October 2006.

Despite the opening in 2005 of a new road connecting Guinea and Mali, most major roadways connecting the country's trade centers remain in poor repair, slowing the delivery of goods to local markets. Electricity and water shortages are frequent and sustained, and many businesses are forced to use expensive power generators and fuel to stay open.

Even though there are many problems plaguing Guinea's economy, not all foreign investors are reluctant to come to Guinea. Global Alumina's proposed alumina refinery has a price tag above $2 billion. Alcoa and Alcan are proposing a slightly smaller refinery worth about $1.5 billion. Taken together, they represent the largest private investment in sub-Saharan Africa since the Chad-Cameroun oil pipeline. Also, an American oil company, Hyperdynamics, has recently signed an agreement to develop Guinea's offshore oil deposits.

So you need military junkies to keep the population from getting ANY IDEAS about taking control of things for themselves......
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
State of Africa today December 23rd 2008:

From AllAfrica.com

1) Electrified border fence for Botswana to keep Africans out

quote:

The Botswana Congress Party will hold demonstrations in the Bobirwa East villages of Mabolwe, Semolale and Gobojango on Tuesday to petition the government over its decision to renege on the electrification of the border fence with Zimbabwe and to protest government's failure to deal with cross-border crime in the Bobirwa area.

(Sounds like something whites would do doesn't it?)

2) Western medical countries continue using Africans as Guinea pigs for new drugs:

quote:

Nairobi — Sixteen thousand children in seven African countries are due to undergo final-stage tests of a potential malaria vaccine early next year after research showed it halves the risk of malaria among infants and children in Kenya and Tanzania.

The next trials will expand to include Burkina Faso, Gabon, Ghana, Malawi and Mozambique. They are scheduled to begin by March 2009.

Results from the two East African clinical trials using the vaccine, currently known as RTS,S, were published last week (8 December) in The New England Journal of Medicine.

3) Obama's family in Kenya being silenced and censored by the Government:

quote:

The government has blocked Kenyan members of President-elect Barrack Obama's extended family from talking to the media.

Family members will have to ask permission from government before issuing making any statement concerning Obama.

The government will also vet all those seeking information about the family.

"We are doing this because we want to ensure better flow of information.

The government has decided that you should inform its officers who will be based here if you want to address the media," Athman Said, an Under-Secretary in the Ministry of Heritage, told the Obama family in Kogelo yesterday.

4) Nigerian military flunkies to help support American control of Somalia, support the puppet government there and keep the people in check:

quote:

Nigerian troops are expected to strengthen an African force in Somalia in January and prevent a security vacuum when Ethiopian soldiers pull out, the African Union said on Sunday.

Ethiopia's decision to withdraw its 3,000 or so troops from the anarchic Horn of Africa nation by the end of the year has raised fears the fractured, Western-backed government will collapse and Islamist insurgents seize the capital Mogadishu.

The Islamists control the south of Somalia and launch near-daily attacks on the Ethiopians propping up the government and 3,200 peacekeepers from Uganda and Burundi guarding key sites in Mogadishu.

"The president of Nigeria has confirmed to me personally that one Nigerian battalion will be sent to Somalia in a short time," African Union Commission Chairman Jean Ping said.

Of course Jean Ping is the commissioner of the AU, who is of Chinese/African ancestry who has a long relationship with the corrupt president of Gabon....

5) Sudanese flunky politicians looking for a way to give away most of the farm land in Sudan to their foreign backers and supporters (guess Africans be to dumb to figure out how to practice irrigation, mechanization and refrigeration on their own):

quote:

Khartoum — Sudan is hoping to use foreign cash to reinvigorate its under-performing agricultural sector, but there is growing disagreement over the extent to which outsiders, rather than local farmers, should be taking control of the industry.

In 2007, the government established a Five Year Action Plan for agriculture. The plan highlighted the dangers of depending on a single commodity product such as oil, due to fluctuations in international prices and limited proven reserves. Sudan's budget for 2009, approved at the beginning of December, forecasts a 43.7 percent fall in oil export revenues next year.

Abdel Dafi, Federal Agricultural Commissioner at the Ministry of Investment, says that the potential of Sudan's agriculture sector is vast, but there are a number of problems that can only be overcome with foreign help. "Most local farmers are familiar with traditional subsistence farming, but don't have the experience with large-scale commercial projects," he told IPS News. "Foreign investment can also help improve transport infrastructure and bring down energy costs."

Dafi says that only 20 percent of the 7.2 million hectares of cultivated land in Sudan is being farmed using modern technology -- and most of this is because of foreign investment.

6) American flunky Sirleaf Johnson welcomes more foreigners to take over all of Liberias economy, following the lead of Firestone in controlling the country's rubber industry:

quote:

Barely a week following the arrival of Seaboard Corporation with an initial investment of US30million, another company has arrived in the country with a huge investment package.

A Chinese company, China Union Investment Company, Limited has arrived in the country with an investment of US$2.6 billion believed to be the largest investment under the administration of President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf.

China Union Company Limited is expected to invest in one of Liberia's most prosperous site, the Bong Ranges, formerly operated by the Bong Mines Company (BMC). The Chinese company recently successfully won a bid to operate Bong mines with a very high score.

Speaking yesterday at the National Investment Commission (NIC) offices where a team of government negotiators and a high powered delegation from the China Union Company held their first meeting, NIC Chairman, Dr. Richard V. Tolbert described the US$2.6 billion investment project as very important to the government of Liberia.

Dr. Tolbert said the investment project is the largest to come to Liberia since the inception of the Unity Party government headed by President Sirleaf. He said the coming of the investors to invest such huge amount in Liberia that is just emerging from a devastating civil unrest is a clear manifestation of the level of trust and interest the international community has in Liberia.

"This will be a substantial project and a long time future for our nation. Your presence here today indicates your interest in Liberia. You won the bid based on transparency and you won 99% out of 100%," the NIC boss averred.

He said if the negotiation that is ongoing between the company and the Liberian government goes well the project will be implemented in 2009 and in five year's time, China Union will create about 3,000 jobs for Liberians.

Presenting a graphic description of the investment project, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of China Union, Mr. Yin Fuyou disclosed that his company will construct a 130MW Hydro Power Plant on the St. Paul River to supply electricity to Monrovia and other areas.

Mr. Yin who spoke through an interpreter noted that Bong Mines will be transformed with modern facilities including a residential area for employees of the company. He said the company will also create an agricultural site where rice and other crops will be planted.

China Union, according to Mr. Yin, will also build a park where livestock will be raised. He said the ore that will be extracted from the mountains of Liberia would benefit every Liberian as the company will be producing steel in the country.
Relevant Links

* West Africa
* Economy, Business and Finance
* Capital Flows
* Investment
* Liberia
* Mining
* Sustainable Development

Earlier, Labor Minister, Samuel Kofi Woods stressed the need for the creation of more jobs for thousands of Liberians who are jobless. Minister Woods said to create jobs is a major factor to economic growth and a boost for social economic development. The Labor minister and other ministers on the government's negotiation team lauded the Chinese Company for winning the bid and assured the company of government's support to its operation in the country.

Note how this particular "investment" puts the Chines in control of not only major parts of the Liberian mining sector, but electricity generation and agriculture as well....

7) Coup in Guinea after president dies (ensuring CONTINUED corruption even as the new coup pledges to end it):

quote:

There is confusion in Conakry Tuesday, where the death of President Lansana Conté has led to an attempted military coup.

An army officer, Captain Moussa Dadis Camara, announced on Radio Conakry "the dissolution" of the government and its institutions, and the suspension of Guinea's constitution, just hours after Conté died. He has been in power since 1984.

The officer declared that "the institutions of the Republic have illustrated their incapacity to resolve the crisis" across the country. Citing reasons for the action, he pointed to the "profound disappointment of the population," the necessity for "economic redress" and the "fight against corruption."

Another day in the ongoing saga of the song and dance clown spectacular of flunky politicians working for the interests of foreign capital and the ultimate destruction of African people....

Good post and great insight on African affairs.
You should consider starting an African news website.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Re Guinea:

The odour of Europe like the stench of skunk[which to be honest I have never experienced, but I take the words about it] is washed out with great difficulty.

Like Mugabe and Britain, Guinea at independence from France was isolated and punished because it did not wish to remain in the new neocolonial arrangements set up by De Gaulle's government.

When Guinea said No!, the French in a colonial rage tore up and tore down everything before they left in a typical French huff.

There were incessant French-instigated plots against Toure using locals and Guinea's neighbours: Senegal under Senghor[more French than the French, and Houphouet in Ivory Coast--also described as a "black Frenchman".].

The result was that Toure became increasingly paranoid and dictatorial.

His main problem was that he was not a man with a modern education like Nkrumah and he made many errors including imprisonment of opponents. But he was not corrupt. He died with almost nothing.

Conteh[a Sussou as opposed to Toure, a Mandinka] his ultimate successor in a coup and also non-educated quickly became a U.S. puppet. Corruption quickly ensued with the West's blessings as long as easy access was allowed to the untapped mineral resources of Guinea--especially bauxite.

So again, the problem is mainly ignorance on the part of leaders such as Toure and Conteh compounded by Western Machiavellian machinations.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Exactly, Imagine is Africans began to ethnically cleanse the Chinese...It would be the excuse America and Europe needs to intervene and Invade S.A and Zimbabwe ...We all know how America and China are all Buddy Buddy...

I can't believe someone said somehthing like that....

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Guinea's president, Lansana Conte, dies

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081223/ap_on_re_af/af_guinea_obit_conte

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
ROTFL @ Chinese vying for the government designation of 'black'.

If that's the case, they might as well get the status as well by living in low-income 'townships' (ghettos) and face discrimination from whites etc.-- all the other garbage with being black in a white dominated country.

Ah race in politics. Hell, as crazy as it sounds it wasn't too long ago that during WWII Japanese residents of South Africa attained a 'white' designation while their Chinese counterparts did not! And even today, U.S. federal designations consider black men like the one below to be 'white' just because they're North African!

-

Posts: 26249 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com