EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Question about the rise of Shamanism in Africa, Eurasia, and the Pacific

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about the rise of Shamanism in Africa, Eurasia, and the Pacific
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

http://www.beforebc.de/Made.by.Humankind/Gods.MotherGoddeses/02-15-e-Shaman-04.html

A HISTORY OF SHAMANISM?: In brief, shamanism is a belief in and practice of the regulation of human affairs through the powers of

the supernatural world through one who has access at a high level to both. The following abbreviations are used: AFR = Africa; EA = Eurasia;

P = Pacific Peoples; mya = million years ago; tya = thousand years ago. 1.7 mya humans departed from Africa [C] and entered Europe. [C]

displays an African population throughout Eurasia from 1.7 mya until the Middle Ages (see 2nd link below).

Was shamanism carried from

Africa at some point in time? Therioanthropic are animal-human forms arising from therio (animal); and anthropo (human - possessing arms

and legs). Anthropologists state that in [A] EUR 3, 4, & 5 from c. 27,500 BC in Germany are found shamanistic theriomorphs - i.e. socerers

in the form of animals. In [A] EUR 6 & 7 we graduate to therioanthropic forms (half animal, half man) from France of the Gravettian period

~13 tya. It is interesting to note that seen in AFR 7 Kush-Nubia is a therioanthropic lion-man socerer form reminiscent of those found in

Upper Paleolithic Europe (EUR 3 through 8). In the Kyrgystan (EUR 8) is a curious solaranthropic form (sun and man). In AFR 1 through 4

and P 2 are theriomorphic forms. In AFR 9 & 11 painted representation of the shaman is anthropomorphic - in the form of man. In EUR 1 &

Mongolia, we see human shaman as in AFR 6, 8, & 10. Those of uncertain nature (shaman? not?) are AFR 5; P 1 & 3). Color aside (ignoring

color) Africans are those with a head longer than wide and full nose and mouth. By this measure, [C] shows an African population in Eurasia

from 1.7 mya and EUR 1, 2 are African types. EUR 9 & 10 are not shaman but African types in Europe (Moravia, 23 tya; Bosnia, 4000 BC)

during the span of time shamanistic forms were created in Europe (also keeping in mind the African population throughout Eurasia in [C]. The

question (as shamanism is also found, e.g. in [D] is, “When did shamanism first leave Africa and was there African-European input (EUR 3 -

7) in African shamanism (this is a question) AFR 7: Siberia to Nubia?

http://www.beforebc.de/Made.by.Humankind/Gods.MotherGoddeses/02-15-e-Shaman-04.html

HTP,

Marc Washington

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a Salvia Divinorium trip recently ... man it was an indescribable experience. It takes you on a trip into your mind. That's the best way I can describe that experience that escapes my words.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com