EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Architecture of Minarets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Architecture of Minarets
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I visit a Muslim country, the 1st thing I love to examine is the arch. of the minarets.
Here are some examples for them
1) Ottoman Minaret, Blue Mosque-Istanbul
2) Minaret of Great Mosque of Qairawan, Tunusia
3) Spiral Minaret of Al Mutawakil, Iraque
4) Yemeni Minaret, Tarim-Yemen

-  -  -  -

And the most beautiful minarets for me ;
1) Yivli Minare Antalya, Turkey
 -

2) Kutub Minar Delhi India
 -

3) Hassan II Mosque Casablanca, Morocco
 -

4)All mosques in Islamic Cairo, Egypt
 -

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shahrazat, I'm so glad you are sharing your travel experiences here on ES. Apart from being fond of travelling, I'm an architecture freak as well and when visiting various places I'm always curious about the particular period, style (etc.) in which buildings were built.

BTW, I loved your 'My Top 20' Thread.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=000805

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Makbeta [Smile]

I also would like to post my top 10 about the nature of the countries later on.

My first aim is to go to San'a Yemen, just for seeing the architecture of old city. I want to do it with by myself. Do you come with me to explore this marvelous city Sana? [Wink]
But I think we need a bodyguard, any volunteers? [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shahrazat, post as many pics and stories as you can possibly manage. [Wink]

I, for one, will enjoy them and will never be bored! Wish I could travel more...

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Thanks Makbeta, I will try [Wink]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful pics,Sharhazat.Stunning! [Smile]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*waiting for the gorgeous Istanbul sky view*
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Oh okey Sashyra, for the next time you come to Istanbul, go to Inter-Continental Hotel's City Star restaurant-bar on the top at night... It s incredible [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com