EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » I have observed...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have observed...
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...that in the past 24 months or so, a lot of the U.S. posters on this forum have either f0cked-off somewhere and those who still hang around seem to almost always be in a bad mood. Where's the love? [Confused]

Yonis must be in a fantastic mood these days [Big Grin]

LOL [Big Grin] I think I've figured out what's happened, you guys were the first to be hit by the "global" credit crunch, weren't you? maybe some of you lost your jobs? no pay-rise? pay-reduction? savings eroded by the falling dollar? bush spent all your money on toys (i.e womd)? heh heh are you guys feeling the pinch? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Just kidding.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My home equity certainly took a plunge. What the hell? The only people that ever benefited from us going into Iraq were the Kuwatis. Basically our government is at the mercy of Arabs and their oil. It is for their benefit that we brought down Saddam. Never had anything to do with USA and has always been about protecting Arabs from Arabs.

NO MORE ARAB PROTECTION!

B*t*h give me back my money!

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No sh1t.

We got hit in the uk recently. Transport for London (TFL) dropped me off a contract when they were cutting spending. Not that I really cared to lose it though (very very nice pay but wasn't a nice location and I couldn't work from home, no way hosay [Big Grin] ). Luckily, I bounced back via my CIO connect at a certain company. IT Contractor rates have not been dipping (yet) but I heard the jobs are few and far in between.

Knowledge drought, now paper drought. Not cool.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely not cool.

Veilgenius, I wonder if there is a good way our people, the diaspora, could start generating some bit of capital, btw.

I mean, when the economy goes to %#!+ you know who's gonna be last on the list of priorities. This isn't me with a chip on my shoulder, I'm quite serious, just look at Katrina.

And what's worse, is that the majority of us like other Westerners have become entirely too dependant on the system as far as sustainability and progress are concerned, despite a significant amount of elders knowing crucial things like hunting, fishing, etc., and people knowing things like farming as well. This obviously concerns me as I have alot of relatives, most of whom aren't in a secure place.

Any economic schemes I should look into? Learn about? (Anyone)

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Go read all of Alex Marchand's blogs (google "alex marchand"). Make sure you register/subscribe to see some of the hidden material. He also has some YouTube videos. I think he has a very good message for "young Americans" surviving these desperate times. I've exchanged a few emails with him and he's a young chap like us (mid 20s), so a fresh perspective is what you'll get.

Food, Clothing & Shelter are the most important things. I doubt clothing is an issue, the average Westerner has enough clothing to last 10 life times. Food is the main problem. Shelter (that you OWN), if you don't already have it, forget it (for now).

Convert your savings to things of real value such as precious metals or land. But if your savings are not so large (i.e. less than a couple grand) then you might be better of putting it in a high-interest savings account (that's an ISA in the UK).

If things remain fairly stable for the next few years, the IT industry is one of the best ways to get ya hands on serious GUAP. You're 19 years old aren't you? If you're interested, I can show you the ropes on how to get into Java Technology which will earn you that guap. It's basically a few books away (and you seem like an avid reader). You can use Java Technology skills to work (and earn top paper) in the US, UK, France, Dubai and Japan. It's the "Good Life" for sure.

Yeah, learn to farm & hunt too cuz when revolution comes, there will be no IT jobs! [Big Grin] .

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):

Veilgenius, I wonder if there is a good way our people, the diaspora, could start generating some bit of capital, btw.

Holler at Mugabe! Put all that land he TOOK BACK to good use! [Big Grin]
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Djehuti, did you get hit by the credit crunch???

You've not been in good spirits these past few months [Big Grin]

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Alive-(What Box):

On a more serious note. Get in your own boat, don't get a "permanent" job. Find something the people/diaspora need, provide that service the best way you can. Markup your costs to make a profit (this is the most important thing - no profit, no point). Make sure you own the company - that means worrying about things like tax returns, but you know about what they say "to whom much is given...".

I'm sure the older heads here have better advice but this is the way I know.

"Capital" simply means value. You have to create some "value" in exchange for "capital/value/money".

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa pahdnuh
What's with all the tag changes?
Shipment of kola nuts come in? [Cool]
Don't chew 'em all at once! [Wink]

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EVILGENIUS^*^:

Actually all my problems were anything BUT money problems ironically. I made it through though with my sanity somewhat intact which is why I'm back...

Though I don't know for how long until a new term of school starts again.

Posts: 26280 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Whoa pahdnuh
What's with all the tag changes?
Shipment of kola nuts come in? [Cool]
Don't chew 'em all at once! [Wink]

Naw, lol [Big Grin] I wish I could get my hands on some decent kola! They sell 'em in Peckham/"PekNam" (The Nigeria within London), but I've been too lazy to take a trip lately (I hate parking on tight roads [Big Grin] ).

I tried that good Somalian khat... man, chewing that stuff is horrendous but damn the buzz is damn near as potent as amphetamines! (don't try that at home kids [Big Grin] ). But the chewing puts me off...

As far as the tag change, that's just a result of boredom. I suffer greatly from boredom. Thank God I never try/tried class A's or "man-mades" (on principle) or I'd be a complete mess by now.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:
Originally posted by EVILGENIUS^*^:

Actually all my problems were anything BUT money problems ironically. I made it through though with my sanity somewhat intact which is why I'm back...

Though I don't know for how long until a new term of school starts again.

Are you a Ph.D student or something? You seem too bright to be an undergraduate.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LOL Flattery will get you nowhere, but I wish what you said is true! Between school, work, athletics, and socializing, it's been hell but I made it through great.
Posts: 26280 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com