EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The Silk Road - East Bound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Silk Road - East Bound
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I m trying to post here the most interesting tour itineraries in the world. Hope you all enjoy it :-) We have people here going on these tours. This is world's one of most interesting route. The name tells everything ; SILK ROAD including China, Kazakhistan, Uzbekistan, Russia and Turkmenistan. Rates starting from 8500 Euro excl. flights..

TOUR ITINERARY

Day 1 Moscow; flights are met at Moscow airport In the evening meet fellow passengers at the welcome dinner in the city.

Day 2 Moscow; a full day touring Moscow, including Red Square and the Kremlin, with its magnificent Armoury. Lunch and dinner are served in city restaurants.

-

Day 3 Moscow; after breakfast guests have free time in the morning. Lunchtime departure on our exclusive Trans-Siberian Express train as we head south towards Volgograd. Dinner served on board.

Day 4 Volgograd; on the banks of the Volga River, Stalingrad as the city was known in Soviet times was the scene of one the most important battles in World War II. The Russians finally turned back the Nazi advance to the Caucasian oil fields in Baku at this city. It was a true turning point in the war. Prior to the Nazi defeat (in which the city was virtually destroyed and cost hundreds of thousands of lives) Hitler’s armies had not lost a battle. After Stalingrad, they never won another. We visit the sobering Mamayev Kurgan war memorial, followed by the excellent diorama and interesting museum. Breakfast, lunch and dinner on board.

Day 5 Kara Kum; a relaxing day on our Trans-Siberian Express private train as we head through Kazakhstan’s Kara Kum desert. Enjoy the scenery and the remote villages we briefly stop at from time to time. All meals are served on board today.

Day 6 Khiva; we cross into Uzbekistan for our afternoon arrival in Urgench and transfer by bus to this 2,500-year old city. Khiva was once one of the most important trading centres at the crossroads of the routes between Mongolia, Russia, China and Persia. Its former wealth is evident in the fabulous buildings, mosques, bazaars and minarets that are within the walled city and which were restored with the support of UNESCO for the city’s 2,500th anniversary celebrations. We return to the train for dinner and an overnight run to Ashgabat.

-

Day 7 Ashgabat; we arrive in the ‘Las Vegas of the Kara Kum’, Turkmenistan’s capital city, Ashgabat, where we spend the afternoon touring this amazing new city constructed by President for life, Sapamurat Turkmenbashi. Dinner in the city.

Day 8 Merv; early afternoon we pull into Mary and transfer by bus to the ancient city of Merv. Once a Silk Road city, Merv was left to ‘die’ after the Emir of Bukhara destroyed the dam which the population depended upon for water. We visit at least one of the five cities contained within the 50-square mile area before returning to the train for dinner and our departure to Bukhara.

-

Day 9 Bukhara; we arrive in Uzbekistan’s largest oasis city, the splendid Bukhara. Like Khiva UNESCO funded the restoration of the city for its 2,500th anniversary in 1999. The highlight of the tour includes a visit to The Ark, the fortified residence of the Emirs of Bukhara, rulers infamous for their cruelty, and who survived into Soviet times. Lunch is within one of the city’s many madrassahs (beautifully-tiled Islamic schools). We then travel out of the city to visit the Emir’s Palace of the Moon and Stars. Dinner in the city before rejoining the train for an overnight run to Samarkand.

-

Day 10 Samarkand; this wonderful city has been described as ‘Rome of the East’ and ‘Pearl of the Muslim World’. Its list of admirers include, Alexander the Great, Marco Polo and Tamerlane. Founded in the 6th century BC, its architecture gives an indication of its former status as one of the most important cities in Asia. We spend the day touring the many fabulous buildings including the Bibi Kharum Mosque, Ulag Beg observatory and end at the awe-inspiring Registan Square, one of the most inspirational sights in all of Central Asia. After dinner we return to the Square to see it splendidly lit up and enjoy an evening of traditional dancing and music. Return to the train for a midnight departure.

-

Day 11 Tashkent; upon arrival at Tashkent, the capital city of Uzbekistan we spend the morning touring this pleasant, modern, Soviet-style city, which was rebuilt after a devastating earthquake levelled it in 1966. We re-board the train for lunch as we head towards Kazakstan and Almaty. Lunch and Dinner on board.

Day 12 Almaty; just before lunch we arrive in the largest city in Kazakhstan, Almaty. Beautifully set in a valley in the foothills of the Tien Shen mountains, we have lunch in a traditional Kazak ‘yurt’, then spend the afternoon touring. We re-board the train for our final dinner and evening on board the Trans-Siberian Express.

-

Day 13 Crossing into China; we bid our Trans-Siberian Express a final farewell as we arrive at the Kazakstan border with China. We change trains and spend over five hours crossing into China. Patience is a virtue today! We board our awaiting Shangri-La Express private train and spend the rest of the day settling in. Our first Chinese dinner is served on board.

Day 14 Urumchi / Turpan; morning tour of Urumchi includes the Xinjiang Provincial Museum. Lunch on the train as we head for Turpan to view the Flaming Mountains, Emin Minoret and the Karez 2,000 year old irrigation system. Dinner on the train.

-

END OF THE DREAM [Big Grin]

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8500 Euros EXCLUDING flights!!?

You must be having a laugh.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would love to see the China great wall though.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in the former USSR IN 1988 - it was what is now the Ukraine. Would want to see more - definitely Moscow. And China ... OMG I'm in a dreamy mood... [Wink]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes rates are high but all deluxe and VIP service.. [Smile]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any discounts for me? ( [Wink] joking)
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Makbeta you are from Polland, right?

I LOVE KRAKOW... Warsaw is also nice but Krakow is beautiful, especially at nights. And I love Polland's villages...

I have small souvenirs bought from Wieliczka on my table [Wink]

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Yep. Krakow is my number one city! Going there with friends this August. Number two is Gdansk (I flew to Egypt from there this year btw).

Ahhh, salt figures from Wieliczka, I suppose? [Wink]

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Yess exactly, and small elephants on them [Wink] .. And I also bought a blue stone from Wieliczka but don't know the name [Frown]

By the way I m an elephant freak and I have hundreds of small elephants bought from different places of the world [Wink]

For the discount, just decide the dates, we will think about it [Big Grin]

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat':
For the discount, just decide the dates, we will think about it [Big Grin]

WOW!! [Big Grin]

*Makbeta jumps for joy*

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wtf
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Cool it. [Wink]
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes rates are high but all deluxe and VIP service.. [Smile]

Can you be more specific?
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Well the group rates and individual rates differ a lot. So if you are only 2 people, you have guides and people serving to you. The other thing, this is Full Board, means all meals included. Hotel in Moscow is 5 star deluxe, all entrances are included.. [Smile]
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

By the way, have you visited Seville, Andalucia ? [Wink]
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
quote:
By the way, have you visited Seville, Andalucia ? [Wink]

Me or Veilgenius? [Wink]

No, I haven't been to Spain yet. [Frown]

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

No, Veilgenius (Horus) [Big Grin]

I remember he started a topic about that.
I was just going to ask if he agreed with me that the Cathedral is Moorish [Smile]

Okey next thread will be about my 14 days trip of Spain, Andalucia and Morrocco... December 2006.. watch it Makbeta , and thanks for encouraging again [Smile] muuaahh

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Looking forward [Wink]

Oh and if you have some interesting story (customs etc) do not hesitate to share it.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
This is bad sh1t man. Bring on the big brother RFID-GPS Internet people-monitoring system already. I already designed one for y'all at Software Engineering Labs of Ox.
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
And I think it's better to post it elsewhere on the Forum. [Wink]
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

quote:
Originally posted by VEILGENIUS^*^:
This is bad sh1t man. Bring on the big brother RFID-GPS Internet people-monitoring system already. I already designed one for y'all at Software Engineering Labs of Ox.

Did I say something wrong??? [Frown] [Frown] [Razz]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com