EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Osiris Statue - What Dynasty (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Osiris Statue - What Dynasty
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen this statue over and over again and I am puzzled by its features. Its not the typical stylized statues.

Is this a Nubian depiction of Osiris from the 25th Dynasty? Does anyone know anything more about it?

-

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ What do you mean by typical stylized features? Are you saying that because his nose is wide that such feature wasn't typical of any dynasty previous to the 25th? If so, then I suggest you try doing research on ancient Egyptian art.

Here are just a couple examples of statues from the Old Kingdom:

-

-

And here are a couple from the New Kingdom:

-

-

Of course there is countless more. Just go and look for yourself.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Then again even if Egyptians did not have the stereotypical 'black' features you would no doubt attribute such features to 'cacasoids' or specifically 'Jews'! LOL [Big Grin]
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
osirion - Are you really so dense that after three years on the forum, you still actually believe that Egyptians looked like this?

Let me try to help you; images like this are of "MODIFIED" Egyptian statues, or are modern fakes of Egyptian statues.

-

In case you still don't get it, this is a statue of Ramesses II with "MINOR" modifications - I don't know if there is such a thing as an "UNMODIFIED" statue of Ramesses II, Europeans and Turks seem to like re-doing him.

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ Then again even if Egyptians did not have the stereotypical 'black' features you would no doubt attribute such features to 'cacasoids' or specifically 'Jews'! LOL [Big Grin]

Good grief! Can you guys get off the anti-semitic horse you guys are riding.

The Old Kingdom statues were not stylized.

Example - Huni

-

However, by the Middle Kingdom the art work was stylized and this remained true up until the New Kingdom.

So - was this statue from the Old Kingdom or from the 25th Dynasty? I am not aware of any depictions of anyone during the New Kingdom that is similar.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
osirion - How can I put this; so that you will understand. There were little, if any, stylizing elements in Egyptian Pharaohic art. The elements that you attribute to stylizing, are simply modern modifications made to the statues, so as to make them appear LESS Negroid; I just can't think of a clearer way of saying that; so I ask you to help by trying to think.
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Incorrect. There actually was a certain style or convention the Egyptians used when sculpting or painting though it has nothing to do with looking "negroid" or "cacasoid" etc. The style or look of a product depended on not only what period it was made in but also what part of Egypt. Yes there were Egyptians who had features like long narrow noses and narrow lips just like peoples in other parts of Africa which comes to show that racial classes like 'cacazoids' or 'negroids' don't really exist.

For example, there are statues of Hatshepsut that also vary in features somewhat with those made in the north having longer noses and thiner lips while those made in the south having the opposite. All our African features and all are part of a style.

quote:
Originally posted by osirion:

Please do not throw that "anti-Semite" or more accurately "anti-Zion" (since Arabs are Semites too) card at me!! Just because I call you out on your claims to attribute other cultures to Jews. You are very much like Clyde or Marc in accusing me of be anti-black just because I call out their false appropriation of other culures for black Africans!

quote:
The Old Kingdom statues were not stylized.

Example - Huni

-

However, by the Middle Kingdom the art work was stylized and this remained true up until the New Kingdom.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how Old Kingdom statues weren't stylized but those from other periods were! Are you saying Old Kingdom artists did not follow any convention when making their artwork? Because if so, you contradict what virtually all mainstream works on ancient Egyptian art say.

Worse yet, are you saying so-called 'cacasoid' features like long narrow noses or narrow lips are "stylized"??! Because that is even more ridiculous for the reasons I first stated above.

quote:
So - was this statue from the Old Kingdom or from the 25th Dynasty? I am not aware of any depictions of anyone during the New Kingdom that is similar.
To answer your question, I don't know but to attribute such looks to the 25th dynasty is inaccurate and bad reasoning for again the statements I made above.
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Please do not throw that "anti-Semite" or more accurately "anti-Zion" (since Arabs are Semites too) card at me!! Just because I call you out on your claims to attribute other cultures to Jews. You are very much like Clyde or Marc in accusing me of be anti-black just because I call out their false appropriation of other culures for black Africans!

LMAO @ Dj getting his own BS thrown right back at his monkey a**! HAHAHA

-

Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres a picture of Narmer:

-

There is also some dispute whether this was old kingdom or new kingdom.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found some more Broad faced sculptures:

Old Kingdom
 -

Memi and Sabu
 -

Senwosret-senebnefny middle kingdom
 -

-

-

This is all I could find.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Djehuti - I did not give you baseless opinion to make my claim; I gave you examples, visual proof. If you seriously think that the statue in Torino is really a stylized statue of Ramesses II you have a problem. But in any case, if you have a case to make, please do the same and provide examples!
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
BTW Djehuti - the subtle racism of your statement:

"Yes there were Egyptians who had features like long narrow noses and narrow lips just like peoples in other parts of Africa which comes to show that racial classes like 'cacazoids' or 'negroids' don't really exist. For example, there are statues of Hatshepsut that also vary in features somewhat with those made in the north having longer noses and thiner lips while those made in the south having the opposite. All our African features and all are part of a style".

Was not lost on me, I was in a hurry. So in addition to the examples of stylized pharaohic statues: please also include examples of how Egyptians from the south looked more NEGROID that those in the north.

We both know that is not going to happen, but I enjoy exposing you for what you are.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Djehuti - I know that I am piling on; but what the hell, I enjoy it. So please also explain how this statue of Karomama (A Nubian), got such a ridiculous nose: if not by the hand of "Piece-of-Sh1t" pathetic White people, whether Turk or European.

-

Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
KING writes:

Disputes about the bust, about its authenticity or apparent early age, are frivolous.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Djehuti - The longer you take to respond, the more work you are going to get. So please also explain how these normal looking Black people of Crete; came to look like this, after being touched by the hand of a White man.

-

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Djehuti - What, still no response? Well try this one. Please explain how Sumerian people with noses like this, come to look like this; after being touched by the hand of a White man.

-

-

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike - nice job about the forgeries, thjugh ... Djehuti's point wasn't 'racist' IMO (look up the def).

Still, nice expose of the somewhat well-known Eurocentric "cleansing" and "maintenance" of Kmtwy, Aegian and other iconography.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike. You have much to disclose, Keep it coming bro. Your website again?
Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

"Yes there were Egyptians who had features like long narrow noses and narrow lips just like peoples in other parts of Africa which comes to show that racial classes like 'cacazoids' or 'negroids' don't really exist. For example, there are statues of Hatshepsut that also vary in features somewhat with those made in the north having longer noses and thiner lips while those made in the south having the opposite. All our African features and all are part of a style".

Was not lost on me, I was in a hurry. So in addition to the examples of stylized pharaohic statues: please also include examples of how Egyptians from the south looked more NEGROID that those in the north.

We both know that is not going to happen, but I enjoy exposing you for what you are.

Dj caught in more of his own BS. LOL

-

Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti aka Ping Pong Pepe is a racial hierarchist.

He's a god damn worthless philopeeeno piece of **** who thinks he's lord over all Africans. He believes its his right to condescend Africans.

He believes that Africans period are lower than anyone else outside save for a few other ethnic groups whom you probably already know.

Sounds like Coon doesn't it?

He also believes in a racial hierarchy withing Africa itself based on "features" (whatever the hell that is).

Again sounds like Coon doesn't it?

He believes its his right to place Africans in these fantasy racial groups that he's dreamed up.

Dirty, nasty ass philopeeeno sitting around on his dead ass obsessing Africa.

Sorry son of a bitch has over 11,000 in just over 2 and a half years of posting.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Here is something for the Negroes gullible enough to have believed the B.S. that the reason why there were White women in Egyptian paintings was because that was how Egyptians differentiated between Men and Women in their paintings. As you can see; they are all women, yet they are all Black.

Tomb of Queen Nefertari

-

Here is an example of how Egyptians REALLY painted themselves. What you see today is paintings that have been "REHABILITATED" by White people: In other words, MADE TO LOOK LESS NEGROID. Please be sure to say thank you, to the nice White people.

Tomb Prince Amenkhepeshef

-

Of course, these paintings no longer look like this, these prints were made just after the opening of the Tombs.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akoben08:

LMAO @ Dj getting his own BS thrown right back at his monkey a**! HAHAHA

-

And exactly what BS are you talking about?? I specifically said "anti-Zion" as being a more accurate phrase when describing Jewish hatred as in YOU are anti-Zionist, and not anti-Semitic which means against all Semitic peoples including Arabs and Semitic speaking Ethiopians.

So it looks like the only B.S. around here is what you stuff your mouth with.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

Exactly where is the racism in my claim?? Notice I said there really is no such thing as 'caucasoid' and 'negroid' for the very reasons I stated.

As for the example I gave of Hatshepsut that is something the old moderator Ausar showed (Ausar by the way is a black Egyptian from Upper Egypt).

Here is a scuplture of Hatshepsut

-

And here is one of the statues from her tomb showing her with narrow features.

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by argyle104:

Djehuti aka Ping Pong Pepe is a racial hierarchist.

He's a god damn worthless philopeeeno piece of **** who thinks he's lord over all Africans. He believes its his right to condescend Africans.

He believes that Africans period are lower than anyone else outside save for a few other ethnic groups whom you probably already know.

Sounds like Coon doesn't it?

He also believes in a racial hierarchy withing Africa itself based on "features" (whatever the hell that is).

Again sounds like Coon doesn't it?

He believes its his right to place Africans in these fantasy racial groups that he's dreamed up.

Dirty, nasty ass philopeeeno sitting around on his dead ass obsessing Africa.

Sorry son of a bitch has over 11,000 in just over 2 and a half years of posting.

Man what the f*ck are you talking about?! Exactly how am I a "racial hierarchist"??!! cite an exact quote or post where I said anything racist or rank people on a heirarchy based on their features??!!

You can't can you! You are just an schizo paranoid loser. The only one racist around here is YOU for your continued use of idiotic slurs based on my Asian heritage. What's the matter? White Nord hasn't been giving it to you in the anus lately? I suggest you and akobago and white nerd leave this website and go have an orgy or something. Maybe that will make you guys feel better. [Roll Eyes]

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
In case anyone was wondering if White people also introduced White women to the paintings of other people: the answer is, yes they did. The point seems to be that when there is no opportunity to claim the civilization as a White one, then claim that Whites were at least a part of it.

Minoan - Toreador fresco

-

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
And exactly what BS are you talking about?? I specifically said "anti-Zion" as being a more accurate phrase when describing Jewish hatred as in YOU are anti-Zionist, and not anti-Semitic which means against all Semitic peoples including Arabs and Semitic speaking Ethiopians.

So it looks like the only B.S. around here is what you stuff your mouth with.

No, all the above ^ are your diversions. The BS is your pulling out the bigotry card (he says anti-Semitic, you say anti-Jew) whenever Jews are mentioned in a not so positive ight. Never mind what is said is true or not, the first reaction is anti-Semitic, anti-Jew, hateful, bigotry etc etc etc.

It's all your BS Dj, Osirion just threw it back at you ...so now as a result of this BS reply to cover for your own BS, you've made your BS meter go even higher. LOL

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ He said anti-Semitic as a term for anti-Jew when again Semitic does NOT equal Jew, you dumbnut. The only one keeps talking BS is YOU and your "Jews" are the ones who raped your life. [Roll Eyes]
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Djehuti - Take a close look at the nose of the statue, does that REALLY look natural? Or do you think Egyptians were poor artisans.
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
^ He said anti-Semitic as a term for anti-Jew when again Semitic does NOT equal Jew, you dumbnut. The only one keeps talking BS is YOU and your "Jews" are the ones who raped your life. [Roll Eyes]

More BS. His ignorance, and raolsowitz's too, is not the issue here. It is his, and yours, and rasolowitz's, pulling out the bigotry card whenever white Jews are mention in a certain way. So stop deflecting, you're going pop your BS meter!

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Fail to address anything I said. Again, the only BS you smell comes from your own upperlip. Stop eating it and you'll stop smelling it.

quote:

Djehuti - Take a close look at the nose of the statue, does that REALLY look natural? Or do you think Egyptians were poor artisans.

And what is so unnatural about it? Are you saying that Egyptians can only have broad features and that any narrow feature was an alteration?

But I forgot I am talking to the same person who believes the ancient Greeks were black and all the depictions we have of them are alterations. Sure thing [Roll Eyes]

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
^ Fail to address anything I said.
Quite the contrary, I did address your pathetic attempts at deflecting from the real issue here: your BS reactionary defence of white Jews and how Osirion merely threw your own BS back at you. Right up your ass! HAHAHAHHA

-

sportbilly
Member # 14122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sportbilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez, summer heat makes for short fuses. Look, Djehuti wasn't being racist --no if, ands or buts about that. As often as he's gone to bat against true racists like White Nord, Evil Euro etc it's way out of line to ever accuse the guy of that.

I too disagreed the instant I saw the words, "those made in the north having longer noses and thiner lips while those made in the south having the opposite," but does this rise to the level of "racist?" That's nuts if you think it does.
I could see it differently if DJ was some fly-by-nighter (gee, whatever happened to "Glider" anyway? He accidently stab himself to death with a fork or something?) who showed up just long enough to spout some old talking points about red hair and yellow women before returning to StormFront, but DJ's contributions to this forum and his defending of the truth of Egypt being black is undeniable.
Shouldn't that be worth something before we throw him under the bus?

And denigrating his Filipino ancestry IS racist and it's beneath this forum for that kind of thing to happen. Name calling and insult-throwing isn't debate. We can disagree, even on issues of principle, without it instantly turning into a deathmatch. Let the self-deluding @$$holes on those "other" wannabe Egypt forums wallow in that gutter.

Did the Egyptians, like all Africans, have varying features? Yes.
Was this reflected in their artwork, particularly works depicting real people? Yes.
Was there some sort of "narrow features" in the north, "broad features" in the south artistic standard? No.

And just out of curiosity, does anyone know what era that statue of Osirus is from? I for one would like to know.

Posts: 248 | From: Way Down South | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Hey Sport - I'm not real sure if Djehuti is racist, dense or just ignorant. But since you are defending him, you give him this test. Ask him if he understands that the Black people above (the ones holding the cup and jumping the Bull), eventually moved from Crete to the Greek mainland, and built a city named Mycenae; thus beginning Greek civilization. So please ask the fool; what does that make the original Greeks if not Black.
sportbilly
Member # 14122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sportbilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're referring to some previous debate then that's not one I'll jump into. I haven't done a lick of research on ancient Greece so I'm in no position to question anyone's understanding of Greece. Though I do get a kick out of comparing your Greek cup-bearer to the version the white artist rendered. An excellent example that Eurocentrics remaking history.

I've read on this forum that Greece was purported to have been first colonized by Africans. Given that it's just over the Med, and that the AE were a maritime people with their own tradition of exploration and invasion, it would be odd if they hadn't branched out.
I would like to review your information regarding this. What sources would you suggest I start with on this subject?

Of course that also begs the question, since the original Libyans (whichever definition one chooses to use) were black Africans, then who were the later light skinned Libyans who appeared west of Egypt proper and how did they get there?

Posts: 248 | From: Way Down South | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Creamy colored "Libyans" appear before 1000 BCE in 18th
Dynasty tomb paintings. These paintings are roughly
contemporaneous to Sea Peoples migrations thus whatever
lightened this particular sub-population of ancient "Libyans"
seemingly happened before the Sea Peoples advent.

Minoan art leads me to presuppose regular back and forth
contact between Libya and the Aegean. But it was further
west where the ancient "Libyan" Meshwesh (whose ethnonym
ends in "esh" as did the ethnonyms of select Sea Peoples) lived.

Archaeology of Tunis yields evidence of trade with
Tyrrhenian populations. Were women one of the items?
Then there's this so-called "Beaker" culture/tradition
that was supposedly south European to start with. Iirc,
with the Beaker industry a more selfish and militant
outlook presents itself in coastal North Africa. Maybe
some lightening came onboard with the Beakers?

See http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003476;p=5#000208

A discussion on Libyan's colour
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001892#000032

Abbreviated timeline and the Minoan painting
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003462#000015
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=004549;p=2#000056

Capsule ethnography & history of North Africans known to the AE's
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001040#000003

Ausar's sources on Meshwesh & Libu
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001040#000003

Population geneticist's reports oalone would have
one conclude the lightening is a result of demic
movements in wake of Islam. If the slave trade is
what lightened coastal North Africa, that leaves
us to surmise some genetic mutation as responsible
for dynastic Egypt era "whites" in North Africa.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:

-

Peace

"Disputed" by whom? Arthur Kemp?

There is no basis whatsoever for identifying this as a New Kingdom statue. The person who found it (Petrie) found it among other Old Kingdom artifacts so our only and biggest clue alludes to its origin in the Old Kingdom [probably the first dynasty].

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Sport - If you are serious about researching ancient Europe, you are in for a wonderful and rewarding experience. Though the reading is rather tedious because the writers are in a tough position. They are writing about Black people, but they dare not say that they are writing about Black people, so they use euphemisms.

The best book to start with (because it also includes some material about Blacks in western Europe north to and including Britain), is "Myths of Crete and pre Hellenic Europe". But it is also one of the most difficult to read for the reasons given above.

In the book, rather than talk about racial types, the author (and most others) use euphemisms like long heads and broad heads to indicate racial types (for the reasons I have given). So I have included a link to a page that will explain what the head thing is all about. (That nonsense has since been discredited).

Link to The so-called science of Head Types

Just remember that up to the point were he starts talking about the "Doric" invasian, he is talking ONLY about Blacks of various kinds (Grimaldi, Cro-Magnon etc.).

Link to Myths of Crete and pre Hellenic Europe

Sport; after you have done your reading and seen how really straight forward and uncomplicated the ancient history of Europe really was - race wise. Could you please tell alTakruri to ease up on that Mumbo Jumbo stuff, the people on this board are already confused enough, they don't need more nonsense.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
The guy (Mike) has the nerve to be is calling ME racist yet attributes every statue with a small or narrow nose as being forged or modified?! So he says that only those with broad noses are authentic because Egyptians like all blacks can only have broad noses?!
quote:

Djehuti - I know that I am piling on; but what the hell, I enjoy it. So please also explain how this statue of Karomama (A Nubian), got such a ridiculous nose: if not by the hand of "Piece-of-Sh1t" pathetic White people, whether Turk or European.

-

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is nothing forged about that statue and even Egytpian paintings show Sudanese people with longer pointier noses than themslves!
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^^^ Please learn to read, I did NOT say that the statue was fake, I indicated that the nose was modified. If you think that proud Black people depict themselves with features even more narrow than White people, you truly are a racist, and an idiot to boot.
sportbilly
Member # 14122

Rate Member
All right then mike. But before I go speaking out of school, give me your take on the ancient Libyans. If Al's position is "mumbo-jumbo," what do you consider the truth?
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed - DJ has contributed a lot to this forum. But any adult can see he trys to play it both ways. Mike, myself and others have called him out on this before.
But he (and many others) do have valuable knowledge on AE.

quote:
Originally posted by sportbilly:
Geez, summer heat makes for short fuses. Look, Djehuti wasn't being racist --no if, ands or buts about that. As often as he's gone to bat against true racists like White Nord, Evil Euro etc it's way out of line to ever accuse the guy of that.

I too disagreed the instant I saw the words, "those made in the north having longer noses and thiner lips while those made in the south having the opposite," but does this rise to the level of "racist?" That's nuts if you think it does.
I could see it differently if DJ was some fly-by-nighter (gee, whatever happened to "Glider" anyway? He accidently stab himself to death with a fork or something?) who showed up just long enough to spout some old talking points about red hair and yellow women before returning to StormFront, but DJ's contributions to this forum and his defending of the truth of Egypt being black is undeniable.
Shouldn't that be worth something before we throw him under the bus?

And denigrating his Filipino ancestry IS racist and it's beneath this forum for that kind of thing to happen. Name calling and insult-throwing isn't debate. We can disagree, even on issues of principle, without it instantly turning into a deathmatch. Let the self-deluding @$$holes on those "other" wannabe Egypt forums wallow in that gutter.

Did the Egyptians, like all Africans, have varying features? Yes.
Was this reflected in their artwork, particularly works depicting real people? Yes.
Was there some sort of "narrow features" in the north, "broad features" in the south artistic standard? No.

And just out of curiosity, does anyone know what era that statue of Osirus is from? I for one would like to know.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See? Despite your cheap-shots at al, you don't realize that arggh is the real paranoid agent on this forum, other than ako.

quote:
Man what the f*ck are you talking about?! Exactly how am I a "racial hierarchist"??!! cite an exact quote or post where I said anything racist or rank people on a heirarchy based on their features??!!

You can't can you! You are just an schizo paranoid loser. The only one racist around here is YOU for your continued use of idiotic slurs based on my Asian heritage. What's the matter? White Nord hasn't been giving it to you

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Sport - I will do as you ask; but you will recall that I asked you to do so after you had done your own research: which no doubt means that you will not be doing any research.

Anyway, here it is: The first intrusion into Africa by Whites was when the Doric Greeks attacked the Libyan city of Cyrene at about 570 B.C. [In my own mind, there has always been the question; if these Greeks attacking Cyrene were the original Black Greeks, or the Whites who had invaded and conquered Greece starting at about 1,200 B.C.] But all sources which I have seen (these sources are of course White), are adamant that these were Doric Greeks attacking Cyrene: which makes them White, (Dorian’s and Hellenes are the White people).

But I am still not satisfied; here is why. The Libyans called for king Wahibre to help them fight-off these Greeks. [The Egyptians were badly beaten, and upon the survivor's return to Egypt, civil war broke out. King Wahibre was blamed for the disaster; this resulted in a confrontation between the regular Egyptian army, and the Greek mercenaries in the Egyptian army, Egyptian soldiers feeling that the Greek mercenaries we treated better than they]. That all sounds fishy to me, but who knows.

Here is some background on that: The Blacks in the Mediterranean and southern Europe first started running from the invading Whites at around the time of king Merneptah. They needed a new place to live, and for obvious reasons their only choices were Anatolia the Levant and Africa. They were collectively know as the Sea People, but the first attack on Egypt was only by the Blacks of the Mediterranean islands. They were defeated by Merneptah, but some settled in Libya and became mercenaries in the Egyptian army.

About 60 years later, Blacks from all the Mediterranean islands and southern Europe started to run, they formed a coalition that attacked Anatolia, the Levant, and Egypt all at the same time. Ramesses III fought them off in Egypt, but allowed the Tjeker (Minoans) of Crete, to settle in Canaan, there they would later be known as the “Philistines”. The rest took parts of Anatolia and wherever else they could get in.

-

-

The massive influx of Whites into the middle-east and north Africa didn’t begin until October 332 B.C. That is when Egypt handed itself over to 'Alexander the Great' in order to spite the Persians who had conquered Egypt twice before (529 B.C. and 373 B.C.). After stationing troops in Egypt, Alexander then went on to conquer Persia. With this victory, all that Persia controlled, and all that Egypt controlled, became open to White settlement. Whites poured in by the millions.

After Greek power waned, the Romans took over, millions more poured in. The Romans took the Phoenician city of Carthage in North Africa. Now millions of Whites poured into North Africa.

Blacks in North Africa, Egypt, and the Middle East might still have survived in numbers: But the final blow was the misnamed “Arab invasion” (even today, there are not enough actual Arabs in Saudi Arabia to threaten anyone). Muhammad’s army was made up of disenfranchised Greeks (owning to the Roman takeover) and the latest White migrants from the Eurasian plains: THE TURKS.

The Turks later took over and formed the Ottoman Empire; which controlled from Hungary south to Arabia, and from the Caspian Sea west to Algiers: Millions more Whites poured in, this time Turks. I will not go into the relationship between the Turks and the Berbers of North Africa; that was complicated. But it seems that the Berbers were free to do as they pleased, as long as they shared what they took with the Turks. Turks were of course free to settle in any lands that the Berbers had or took, thus in addition to large numbers of Turks in North Africa, there was also a large community of Turks (called Jews) in Spain. The Ottoman Empire was defeated in WW I, and Britain and France took over its territories. Now Whites from Britain and France poured in.

-

Thought the history is long, I don’t see anything complicated or mysterious about it. The mystery comes about because people are too lazy to read, so they make things up, and when telling a made-up story, the more mysterious it is, the more entertaining it is.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ LOL One guy in this forum blames everything on 'Jews' while the guy above blames everything 'Turks'! How the hell did Egyptsearch get to be the home of neurotic bigots anyway??
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good grief gentlemen. I asked for simple information. What dynasty is this from?

-

I don't need to hear about Jews and Arabs or about Libyans, I just want to know if this is Old Kingdom or the 25th Dynasty.

As for stylized - Duh! It has nothing to do with broad noses and thick lips which are part of most dynasties because we are talking about Africans, but rather its about attractiveness. The Egtyptians made their statues look young and attractive regardless of the person they were depicting. Really, do you think those people were all good looking? No! They were fat and ugly - many of them! The Old Kingdom didn't bother trying to make people who were fat look thin! You know - chubby cheeks of Huni.
This Osiris statue has chubby cheeks and doesn't fit the style of the Middle Kingdom. So what style is this would help pinpoint which dynasty.

Perhaps this is 13th dynasty. It reminds me a bit of Hor:

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Djehuti - You ignorant twit: what you have above, is conventional history as written by White people, and easily verifiable by reading an encyclopedia. What is your ignorant point I ask.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ My, it seems I hit a nerve with some truth.

The only ignorant twit is YOU when you deny authentic depictions of white Greeks as being forged and then claim every Egyptian statue with a narrow nose must mean the nose is forged! LOL

I am more than aware of the racist history that whites wrote, but this by no means makes it that everything artifact and depiction is a fake or forged.

You are just a person who suffers from a paraoid neurosis. You even blame Turks for all of this even though Turks were never a significant populace in Egypt compared to Arabs and Greeks.

You need help, dude.

osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
You both need to get off my thread with your personal issues or help me discover some information.

Anyone know anything about this statue or what?

--------------------
Across the sea of time, there can only be one of you. Make you the best one you can be.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Djehuti - The nerve that you hit, is the same one everyone has; when confronted by a whining child talking nonsense. If you see an error above, please speak to that error specifically, instead of whining about whatever comes into that little empty head of yours.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You both need to get off my thread with your personal issues or help me discover some information.

I agree - and worse yet, the ad homina (cuz that's all they are) are coming after an arguement on whether something is truly authentic or not - a pointless arguement that is similar to arguing whether something is real or not.

All information is putative, so a better strategy would be in pointing out an inconsistancy in what a opposing party considers 'authentic' or 'fake' (especially if the incosistancy seems to function at the subject's conveniance) or other aspect of a opponant's position that shows them hypocritical.

Instead of:

A: "You are gullible enough as to believe those are real. You eristic imbecile."

B: "You're skeptical of way too many things! You loon!"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com