EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » OT: NUBIA TV: 24-Hour Global Black News Network to Launch in 2009

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: NUBIA TV: 24-Hour Global Black News Network to Launch in 2009
SEEKING
Member # 10105

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEEKING     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nubia TV: 24-Hour Global Black News Network to Launch in 2009
Mon Jul 7, 2008 9:00am EDT

ORLANDO, Fla., July 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Nubia TV Corp is planning a
twenty-four hour news network for worldwide audiences with black perspectives.
The channel, Nubia TV, will be available via cable and satellite.
The channel will air mainstream news and news magazines that are not
typically carried by major news networks such as CNN, FOX, MSN, and BBC. Nubia
TV will carry news and events, business reports, politics, and all other news
that is of great global importance to people of African descent all over the
world.
The CEO of the company, Mr. Dele Olanubi, claims Nubia TV is the only
media medium of its kind for all the people of African descent who are living
and working all over the world to connect, talk, exchange, analyze and
understand more of each other. Besides, Nubia TV will be able to present the
black perspectives in a new light as never before seen or experienced.
Nubia TV is the premier channel to bring information, news, current
affairs, entertainment, politics, and business to over a billion people in
over seventy countries, when they wake up, go to work, and play. Nubia TV will
be their first responder. Dr. James Grant, a former media executive and
consultant to Nubia TV, said he strongly expects Nubia TV to enjoy
tremendously positive responses from cable and satellite companies. Nubia TV
is an advertiser heaven with a captured segment market and global visibility
for their products. Dr. Grant said he expects strong advertising revenue from
global companies doing billions of dollars in business in these countries. The
kicker, he claims, is that Nubia TV will provide advertising exposure to
thousands of local companies trying to reach the international market.
The company plans to broadcast out of the Orlando metro area and said it's
currently shooting many of its pilot programs.
SOURCE Nubia TV Corp

Investor Relations, Dele Olanubi, Nubia TV Corp, +1-407-575-4586,
deleoabs1@mac.com, or DeleO@nubiatv.com

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS115136+07-Jul-2008+PRN20080707

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to see how far this go. Isn't there an African Channel that no one has access to?
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL -
quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboo:
I want to see how far this go. Isn't there an African Channel that no one has access to?

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought "Nubia" never existed.
They should change the name to something neutral and more proffesional, you never hear about Inca TV or Mesopotomian TV, sounds redundant and way over the top.

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SEEKING:

understand more of each other...

Nigerians (Yorubas) stay winning [Big Grin] .

Who U Wit?

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ A little off-topic, I've noticed that the majority of highly educated and successful africans abroad are in fact nigerian. Do the yoruba have some sort of unusually high emphasis on education like the chinese or jews?
Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ZEN_BUDDHA_BOY^*^:
quote:
Originally posted by SEEKING:

understand more of each other...

Nigerians (Yorubas) stay winning [Big Grin] .

Who U Wit?

Wow, even though it's Pan African agenda is clearly stated, this jacka** feels the need to bring ethnicity into the picture.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am somewhat perturbed by the name 'Nubia'. They might as well call it 'KMT' at least it is more accurate in that it describes an actual country or nation but it literally means BLACK.
Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mmmkay:
^ A little off-topic, I've noticed that the majority of highly educated and successful africans abroad are in fact nigerian. Do the yoruba have some sort of unusually high emphasis on education like the chinese or jews?

Naw man we Yorubas are nothing like the jews or chinese (no disrespect to those groups) but yeah, we stay winning within and without Nigeria [Big Grin]

There's something magikal about being Young, Fly & Yoruba. Yemaja is in the water...

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis2:
I thought "Nubia" never existed.
They should change the name to something neutral and more proffesional, you never hear about Inca TV or Mesopotomian TV, sounds redundant and way over the top.

Tru dat.
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heru-Behutet^*^:
quote:
Originally posted by Mmmkay:

Naw man we Yorubas are nothing like the jews or chinese (no disrespect to those groups) but yeah, we stay winning within and without Nigeria [Big Grin]

Oh yeh, this is why Nigeria is a model country to live in and the football team progresses each time they go to the World Cup: first time they go quarter finals, second time knocked out after first round, third time never made it past group stage...in 2006 they never even qualified. LOL

That team is symptomatic of Nigeria on a whole, so much talent and cant make good on it. You're right for the first time on ES though, Nigerians are nothing like Jews and Chinese, at least the Jews and Chinese not only excel abroad but build up their home countries. Nigerian leadership has made a waste land of that country prostitutes herself to white oil companies. And the name for the TV station is a deliberate play on the stereotype of Nubia being the only "black civilisation" in the Nile Valley. Horay for Yoruba power! LMAO

Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE BLACK PLAGUE...

-

FORGET POVERTY, LET'S MAKE "CRAB BARRELING" HISTORY.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Exactly I gots love 4 Yoruba, I gots love 4 Taneka (the Africans whom I most generally resemble other than some AAs) I gots love for the Venda, & love 4 Xhosa, I have love 4 Oromo & love 4 Ahmara, gots love for Cous Cous (Tunis) love 4 Fellahin, love 4 Afromericans & [real black- not akoben] L4 Caribs.

I gots love 4 my own. [Cool]

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Heru, don't mind Akoben. He is just a pathetic loser who hates every people especially Jews. He likes to talk about these peoples as a way of compensating for his own inadequacies.

You know what they say "Haters always hatin others when they really hate themselves". [Wink]

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folks don't worry about Ping Pong Pepe (Djehuti),

This foreigner is mad because his siblings back in the phillopeeenes sent him some money to go the newest burger joint opening in his town and when he went there:

He asked for a Tarantula Burger and the staff threw him out.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

The nasty motherfucker thinks he's back home in the phillopeeenes. LOL : )

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ That joke was so retarded I had to laugh! LOL But seriously I'm not a foreigner because I was born in America, and I would rather eat tarantulas than d*ck just like you so...
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^Met an old Filipino lady on a long haul flight to <somewhere/>. She sat next to me so we got to talking, she was heading back home after visiting her younger sister in NY who had died (the day she got to NY) of cancer at the age of 53. She explained how cancer has a lot to do with a person's state a mind. Her parting words were:

"Be happy, always". [Smile]

A bit off topic. But maat insisted.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Unfortunately it's hard to be happy when you have nucases who belong in an asylum running loose and constantly staring sh*t, but oh well.

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
^ Obviously cuz you've been MIA you didn't see these creeps creep in. Their technique is simple: they lure you by talking "a little bit of sense" that they probably picked up from perusing your old posts.

Then, soon as they get your attention. They focus on absolutely irritating and annoying you like a $5 whore.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com