EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The African ancestor of the Europeans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The African ancestor of the Europeans
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://dwb.adn.com/life/story/7526164p-7437837c.html

Abstract

"According to the narrative history included with the results, the journey began around Ethiopia some 60,000 years ago with "Eurasian Adam," the African who is the common ancestor of every non-African person living today.

Some of Adam's descendants headed east along the coastline toward Saudi Arabia, India, Southeast Asia and Australia. Some headed west toward North Africa and the Mediterranean Sea."

Posts: 1106 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But there is no such thing as a "Eurasian" adam, as adam was not born in Eurasia.
Posts: 8895 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's bollocks.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
But there is no such thing as a "Eurasian" adam, as adam was not born in Eurasia.

LOL, what a huge contradiction in such a short span. A Eurasian adam who came from Africa. Wow.. prmiddleeastern will post anything it seems. God bless him..
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I doesn't refer to were he originated, but it means he is the "Adam" of Eurasian people.
Posts: 1106 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
Eurasian Adam as the ancestor of Eurasian people, that is why he is the "Eurasian Adam", not that he is Eurasian but the ancestor of Eurasians.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by prmiddleeastern:
quote:

I doesn't refer to were he originated
Yes it does. It says he comes from Ethiopia... Of course "adam" is symbolic for early anatomically modern humans, of which the African population in Ethiopia embodied.

quote:
Eurasian Adam as the ancestor of Eurasian people, that is why he is the "Eurasian Adam", not that he is Eurasian but the ancestor of Eurasians.

I guess you can put it that way..
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
quote:
quote:

I doesn't refer to were he originated
quote:
Yes it does. It says he comes from Ethiopia... Of course "adam" is symbolic for early anatomically modern humans, of which the African population in Ethiopia embodied.
So do you believe Ethiopia in in Eurasia?

quote:

I guess you can put it that way..

It is because it is that way, at least if you don't consider Ethiopia part of Eurasia.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eurasian Adam should refer to the man who first
had the mutation that Eurasian males have exclusive
to mutations that first appeared in Africa.

M89 would be the marker from the Eurasian Adam.

Africa would have two or three or more Adams:
* A--M91 __________________________________________(pre-Adam ???)
* B--SRY1083.1 M42 M94 M139 M60 M181 _______________(Adam 1a ???)
* C--SRY1083.1 M42 M94 M139 M168 P9 RPS4Y711 M216 ___(Adam 1b1 ???)
* DE-SRY1083.1 M42 M94 M139 M168 P9 YAP M145 M203 ___(Adam 1b2 ???)

I invite (in alphabet order) theBass, Evergreen, MysterySolver,
Rasol, to adjust and correct me if and where I may have erred.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Eurasian Adam is a reference to the man who first

Exactly, the ancestor of Eurasian, the Eurasian Adam, the Adam of Eurasians.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, your lead post, though maybe a bit fuzzy, did try
to define the term "... "Eurasian Adam," the African
who is the common ancestor of every non-African person
living today."

I applaud and encourage your recent efforts to attain
to academics in your posts and expect to see great
contributions from you in the future should you stay
on track.  -

quote:
quote:

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scv
Member # 14038

Rate Member
quote:
Yes, your lead post, though maybe a bit fuzzy, did try
to define the term "... "Eurasian Adam," the African
who is the common ancestor of every non-African person
living today."

I applaud and encourage your recent efforts to attain
to academics in your posts and expect to see great
contributions from you in the future should you stay
on track.  -

quote:
quote:

it is commom sense, they refer to Eurasian Adam as the Adam of Eurasian, the ancestor of non-African peoples who now inhabit Asia and Europe.
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My take on that which is being discussed, is this:

"Adam" appears to simply be nothing more than a genetic code word for the oldest attestable "common recent ancestors" of Africans and non-Africans respectively. The oldest attestable "common" male ancestor of *contemporary* African populations is obviously the ancestor of every male worldwide. This common ancestor would be the "Adam" of Africans, and by association, technically the "Adam" of all contemporary human males. However, a "Eurasian adam" would obviously be a genetic code word for the "oldest" attestable common recent ancestor of non-African male populations, who would obviously not be an "Adam" to African populations. If this is the context in which it is used, then I take no issue with its use.

Though M89 (Hg F) is probably one of the oldest male lineages in the non-African male gene pool, it is not necessarily the only one. There is C-M130, which is just as old, if not older. Also, it is not clear that M89 arose in Eurasia. Thus, the most recent common ancestor of these divergent lineages, ought to be more appropriately designated as the "Eurasian Adam", and this ancestor may well essentially be an African. Even if one were to assume that this common recent ancestor was born somewhere in "Eurasia" as part of a second, third or a few more generation thereof population, and the said ancestor's MRCA was that of African-provenance, then the said individual would still be counted as an African.

Recently, the common recent ancestor of both M89 and M130 was located in African samples by P. Underhill et al., if memory serves me correctly.

Given all this, I see no problem in designating the "oldest attestable" common recent ancestor of "non-African" male populations, who was African, as the "adam" of Eurasian and Eurasian-derived populations.

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I do have a problem with the dissembling application of "Adam", which essentially means 1st, to a supposed common ancestor of non African males.

The use of the term Adam implies 1st man - which is wrong, as we are not discussing the 1st man.

The use of the term EurAsian is also incorrect, as we are discussing and Ethiopian!

The lineage in question is M168.

And it is not only African in origin, but is the most common lineage line - [giving birth to clade E] in Africa.

Also it is lineage of Australians, and Native Americans....who are also *not* EurAsians.

Eurasia has nothing to do with anything here, except that some modern Eurasians are left with the *sorepoint* of the recent African origins of all mankind, which contracts their racial myths, which they then try to keep alive thru dissembly.

The term is just as much a ridiculous and crass bit of phony chauvinism as if you called him the British Adam, notwithstanding that he was neither Brtish nor the 1st man, nor the 1st British man, nor a common anscestor particular to British.

If you think carefully about this terminological dishonesty, they have taken and Ethiopian lineage, and claimed it to be Eurasian, by sheer force of audacious rhetoric.

Terminology is a form of warfare. A false terminology sustains a false idea.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
rasol writes:

^ I do have a problem with the dissembling application of "Adam", which essentially means 1st, to a supposed common ancestor of non African males.

I don't, for the reasons I've stated.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A false terminology sustains a false idea.
...you are one to talk, you call white jews "semites", even when you can't prove it. LOL
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re:
quote:
you are one to talk, you call white jews "semites",
Actually, no one talks obsessively about 'white jews' except you.

This is because you are and Arab loser whose manhood has apparently been 'taken', by Jews, who have utterly demoralised you.

So much do they dominate your world that you see them everywhere, and can only talk about them, and nothing else.

Boo, a jew!

The 'jew' own you!

I'd say you need to see a psychiatrist, but with your luck....you'd probably end up seeing a 'jew'. lol.

Or maybe no one took your manhood, but rather there was never anything to take.

If I were and Arab, I would be ashamed of you.

But, I'm not, and I don't care, so I just *laugh at you*, and Arab castrate...forever crying [in soprano] about the white jews who stole his little balls

Keep crying loser.

Pray for Allah to grow you a new pair. Tell Allah that if not for the evil white jew, you would be a real man. [not]

But then, he's probably more disgusted with you than I am. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
re:
quote:
you are one to talk, you call white jews "semites",
Actually, no one talks obsessively about 'white jews' except you.

This is because you are and Arab loser whose manhood has apparently been 'taken', by Jews, who have utterly demoralised you.

So much do they dominate your world that you see them everywhere, and can only talk about them, and nothing else.

Boo, a jew!

The 'jew' own you!

I'd say you need to see a psychiatrist, but with your luck....you'd probably end up seeing a 'jew'. lol.

Or maybe no one took your manhood, but rather there was never anything to take.

If I were and Arab, I would be ashamed of you.

But, I'm not, and I don't care, so I just *laugh at you*, and Arab castrate...forever crying [in soprano] about the white jews who stole his little balls

Keep crying loser.

Pray for Allah to grow you a new pair. Tell Allah that if not for the evil white jew, you would be a real man. [not]

But then, he's probably more disgusted with you than I am. [Big Grin]

Oh please rasolowitz, your little diversion tactics are getting too predictable now. Projecting your deranged, confused state onto me won't distract attention from the fact that you are a walking/trolling contradiction. Marc already diagnosed your problem. So next time please spear us your lecture about "false terminology" sustaining false ideas.... [Big Grin]
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:

The use of the term Adam implies 1st man - which is wrong, as we are not discussing the 1st man.

The use of the term EurAsian is also incorrect, as we are discussing and Ethiopian!

The lineage in question is M168.

And it is not only African in origin, but is the most common lineage line - [giving birth to clade E] in Africa.

Also it is lineage of Australians, and Native Americans....who are also *not* EurAsians.

Eurasia has nothing to do with anything here, except that some modern Eurasians are left with the *sorepoint* of the recent African origins of all mankind, which contracts their racial myths, which they then try to keep alive thru dissembly.

The term is just as much a ridiculous and crass bit of phony chauvinism as if you called him the British Adam, notwithstanding that he was neither Brtish nor the 1st man, nor the 1st British man, nor a common anscestor particular to British.

If you think carefully about this terminological dishonesty, they have taken and Ethiopian lineage, and claimed it to be Eurasian, by sheer force of audacious rhetoric.

Terminology is a form of warfare. A false terminology sustains a false idea.

LOL Damn this guy is good!

I have always had a problem with scientists using a Biblical term anyway. Creationists even try to use the whole X and Y chromosome Adam and Eve by wrongly inferring that humans descend from only two people rather than populations.

Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Yes; to the extent there is any controversy around the application of "Adam", then it would be that it advertently or inadvertently merges a theological concept with science. An example of the last time that happened, we ended up having the disastrous use of the "Hamitic concept". Like state governance, science should divorce itself from religion at any cost. Religion should best be left at the private arena.

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

rasol
Member # 4592

^ I agree. The issue isn't only that the term Adam is misapplied.

It's important to keep in mind that Eurocentrists have always wanted the origin of man to be in Europe - literally Europe as center.

The biggest fraud in the history of anthropology - "The Piltdown Man", came in direct response to the early discoveries of mans African origin.

[a european 'scholar' created a fake european skeletan 'older' than any found in africa].

This describes the psychotic mentality of Eurocentrism.

The irrational wishful thinkings of East Africa is being originally 'caucasian', or East Africa being a "Eurasian cradle", are simply subtler versions of Piltdown Man.

It reflects a desparate need to uphold and illusion of Euro-self-importance, when faced with and unrelenting torrent of facts to the contrary.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ very educational I must say.

Up!

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com