EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Should there be Present and Ancient Africa sections?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should there be Present and Ancient Africa sections?
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judging by the number of threads connecting AE and Ancient Africa, should there be a separate Ancient Africa section, or should the AE section be named the more appropriate, Ancient Africa and Ancient Egypt?

Many threads dealing with modern and ancient Africa are placed in the Egyptian and Ancient Egypt sections because they have no where else to go.
Likewise, many threads dealing with AE usually end up with significant African content.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This forum is called "Egyptsearch.com" not "Ancient Africasearch.com", if you want you can always go to Blackplanet.com since there they always talk about "black" politics and how to emancipate yourself from the "Why-man".
Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt is part of ancient Africa. However, if the forum is to discuss ancient Egypt then it should stick to it and not general African topics ancient or modern.
Posts: 8898 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^True, but looking back on numerous threads in the Egypt and AE sections, a large number of thread discussions initiate or introduce what can only be classified as, Africa or Ancient African history. For eample, the threads on; Mugabe, South Africa, Nubia, Sudan...
I understand the board's topic is "EGYPT & ANCIENT EGYPT", however perhaps some of the confusion and off topic deviations within threads has more to do with the site's structure and adherence to classic views such as Egypt not actually being a part of ancient Africa therefore justifying the lack of an African section.

My guess is, if an African section were here or implemented, it would see as much or more discussion activity then the Egypt or AE sections.
As it stands, many substantial and revised facts on African history are presently compiled in the Egyptian or AE sections.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gather from the shunning of TNV, which has precise
partitions, that members don't want to sift and sort
but just jump on whatever topic's hot up on top.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:
Judging by the number of threads connecting AE and Ancient Africa, should there be a separate Ancient Africa section, or should the AE section be named the more appropriate, Ancient Africa and Ancient Egypt?

Many threads dealing with modern and ancient Africa are placed in the Egyptian and Ancient Egypt sections because they have no where else to go.
Likewise, many threads dealing with AE usually end up with significant African content.

These threads are in the right place.They have a place to situate, here.

Here are the topics associated with this forum:

quote:

Non-Egyptology related discussion. African roots, race, origin of man etc.

As you can see sammy developed this forum so African history and other race issues could be discussed.

If you want to discuss only Egyptian issues you go to the Egyptology forum.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sportbilly
Member # 14122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sportbilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As much as I've taken part in certain threads I have to agree that many of the subjects posted here belog in the Politics section.

Zimbabwe's election, the treatment of blacks during this years Olympics, Obama etc aren't relevent to AE.

Posts: 248 | From: Way Down South | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:

These threads are in the right place.They have a place to situate, here.

Here are the topics associated with this forum:

quote:

Non-Egyptology related discussion. African roots, race, origin of man etc.

As you can see sammy developed this forum so African history and other race issues could be discussed.

If you want to discuss only Egyptian issues you go to the Egyptology forum.

I guess I meant to say, my point is, much of the research and debate YOU (as example) recently introduce is non-AE related but rather, Africa-Asian based.

The first 11 topics of the AE section consists of half African specific threads, non-AE related.;

1. My email to Dr. Sustan Anton on Tut-ankh-amun 24 July, 2008 10:23 AM
2. A new moderator in the forum? Habari 35 28 July, 2008 03:57 PM
3. Disappearing Africans Marc Washington
4. Africa Is Giving Nothing to Anyone—Apart From AIDS
5. Tattooing Millas 8 28 July, 2008 01:49 PM
6. Black America: Light Skin vs Dark Skin Habari 15 28 July, 2008 01:28 PM
7. Sudan khartoum city project Yonis2 31 28 July, 2008 12:59 PM
8. For all you Obama nutzos -- buy these tees alTakruri
9. Cro-magnon man of African origin by MTDNA prmiddleeastern 46 28 July, 2008 02:07 AM
10. Who was who in Elephantine of the third SEEKING 2
11. Asian blacks? Not unless they're negroid I say

My thoughts are these OT threads are not spam or result of lack of moderation, but rather with exception to obvious political posts, African specific posts lack a more appropriate section for posting them.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com