EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » CHARLOTTE SOPHIE, REVISITED

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CHARLOTTE SOPHIE, REVISITED
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Charles Louis Frederick of Mecklenburg-Mirow: Charlotte Sophie's father. A whitened portrait, with thick lips

-

[Charlotte Sophie van Mecklenburg Strelitz, koningin van Engeland: 'a true mulattoface.']

-

George IV, son of Charlotte Sophie. A whitened portret with a Classical African, a Black Page or Moor: symbol of his Blue Blood (=Black Blood). Not a 'servant' as eurocentrist will have it.

-

Koningin Caroline van Engeland, echtgenote van koning George IV.
Zij was een nicht van zijn moeder Charlotte Sophie van Mecklenburg.

QUEEN CAROLINE OF BRUNSWICK WAS A NIECE OF HER MOTHER IN LAW, CHARLOTTE SOPHIE OF MECKLENBURG-STRELITZ. SHE WAS HER BROTHER'S DAUGHTER, SO THEY SHARED BLOODTIES. SHE MARRIED GEORGE IV OF BRITAIN

I DEFINITLY SEE BLACKNESS IN THIS DRAWING. SO I HAVE STATED IN EARLIER THREADS THAT THESE EUROPEAN NOBLES AND ROYALITY, WHO HAVE CLAIMED BLUE BLOOD (=BLACK BLOOD), WERE MEMBERS OF ‘A FIXED MULATTO RACE,’ WITH SOME LIKE CHARLOTTE SOPHIE, WHO WAS ALSO BROWN OF SKIN, LOOKING MORE AFRICAN. HER NIECE LOOKS ASIAN, BUT SHOWS BLACK SKIN

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euroskeptic
Member # 15829

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Euroskeptic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, according to ol' Egmond here portraits of European royalty were "whitened":
Question: Why the hell weren't these "bruthas/sistahs" whitened too?.

And I can't see any sign of "thick lips" in that locket - can you?

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

Alexander Pushkin: fierce African traits

This is a actual question without a put down or an insult to po' old uncle Egmond! My!!

My research is a work in progress, and I have entered this forum to find people who want to share information and like to think along with me.

I have noticed that people who have known African or Asian links, who descent from enslaved Africans, are shown as they are. But the native, coloured Europeans, were not. Again we have to realise that this is like a forensic research with evidence destroyed and hidden, in order that we do not find out about this hidden history. There is a drawing of a dinnerparty with James Boswell, selfdescribed as 'Black' and described as 'Swarthy' and other so-called White's, but only the supposed 'Black Servant' is drawn Black. Leading up to the French Revolution the Black and coloured elite had whitened portraits made in order not to flaunt their Blackness. Their Black portraits have gone missing, are kept in family vaults or were destroyed.

Alexander Pushkin is a interesting case. When I look at a certain statue I see fierce African traits, in the submitted portraits less so. He must have been very African, because the traits did not get watered down, as eurocentrist believe. All these people married with other Blacks and coloureds, to remain coloured. So Alexander is a mix of recent African DNA and ancient Black European DNA.

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Two portraits by Sir Alan Ramsey

-

Philosopher David Hume, Scottish. Whitened.

-

Queen Charlotte Sophie and her children. Whitened.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

-

ON PROVIDING PROOF

Those people who know best what I’m talking about are still asking ME for proof! Then when I come up with a portrait, it’s removed from the web, after which they tell me it does not look Black. I’m imagining things.

But how about this? The Kasteel Zuylen, Museum, dedicated to baroness Belle van Zuylen (Isabelle de Charričre) (1740-1805) does not show Maria Jacoba van Goor (1687-1737), the writers grandmother, whose money saved this noble family, and funded the important restoration of this very castle. De Charričre even inherited bonds from her grandmother. When asked, the curator answered: ‘Oh, it’s very hard to find her portraits.’

Yeah right!, it was on loan to a museum in Utrecht and then stolen. But there are photographs.

An important biography by Courtney says: ‘We know nothing about Maria Jacoba van Goor except that she was born in 1687 and died 1737.’ And they do not print her portraits in this heavily illustrated work.

-

Another case is Maurits Huygens (1595-1642), Constantijn’s brother, painted by Rembrandt. Yet not on display at the museum dedicated to this family and where one can find his brother, sisters, cousins, employers etc. When asked, this curator answered: ‘Oh, we know nothing of Maurits Huygens, so we do not show him.’

Yeah, right! Numerous hits in the internet on Maurits Huygens, named after Maurice of Orange, his godfather. Just like his father he was secretary to the Staten-Generaal, the Dutch parliament.

So everybody who has eyes can see my evidence right here.

A book review: http://www.jstor.org/stable/3189810?seq=2

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Charlotte Sophia of Mecklenburg-Strelitz

After Unknown artist
mezzotint, published 1799
11 1/8 in. x 9 in. (283 mm x 229 mm)
NPG D8013

http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/largerimage.php?LinkID=mp00845&page=5&rNo=47&role=sit

Always looking for new portraits of Charlotte Sophie I stumbled on this one on the NPG site.

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

A CORRECTION

CAROLINE OF BRUNSWICK WAS THE NIECE OF HER HUSBAND BUT FROM HIS FATHER'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY. WHICH GOES TO SHOW THAT GEORGE III WAS NOT WHITE IN LOOKS, YET HE DID NOT SEEM TO HAVE THE CLASSICAL AFRICAN FEATURES AS HIS BROWN COLOURED WIFE, CHARLOTTE SOPHIE OF MECKLENBURG, SHOWED.

-

Koningin Caroline van Engeland, echtgenote van koning George IV.
Zij was een nicht van zijn moeder Charlotte Sophie van Mecklenburg.

[b]QUEEN CAROLINE OF BRUNSWICK WAS A NIECE OF HER MOTHER IN LAW, CHARLOTTE SOPHIE OF MECKLENBURG-STRELITZ. SHE WAS HER BROTHER'S DAUGHTER, SO THEY SHARED BLOODTIES. SHE MARRIED GEORGE IV OF BRITAIN

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting.... Somebody should write a book about Black people in royal European families.
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/largerimage.php?LinkID=mp00845&page=5&rNo=47&role=sit

Always looking for new portraits of Charlotte Sophie I stumbled on this one on the NPG site.

Her complexion is whitened but the features are Classical African, as remarked by the contemporary writers. Even the crowning portret was idealised.

She was from a 'fixed mulatto race' with african, white and Asian ancestors. because they were a mix, they could have any look possible, but perhaps the resemblance to the Moor was much priced as it stood for blue blood.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com