EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » THE FAMOUS HABSBURG PROGNASTISM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE FAMOUS HABSBURG PROGNASTISM
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE FAMOUS HABSBURG PROGNASTISM

-

[Emperor Charles V: a whitened portrait?]

-

[Cameo of Charles V (1500–1558) and his son Philip II (1527–1598) (obverse), 1550
Leone Leoni (Italian, 1509–1590)
Sardonyx, mounted in gold; H. 1 3/8 in. (3.5 cm)
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
The Milton Weil Collection, Gift of Ethel S. Worgelt, 1938 (38.150.9)]

-

[Fillips II Habsburg: a painted silver head on a painted terracotta bust, whitened?]

There is not much speaking of prognatism on the web. So I guess it has not been much explored. In ‘Karel V, 1500-1558; De Keizer en zijn tijd’ (1999) Hugo Soly e.a. I found a photograph of Charles V’s mummy (1872), showing a black emaciated body with noticeable strong prognatism and a black beard. Some paintings show him with a white beard. Descriptions I have not been able to verify seem to indicate that his prognatism was pathological. But I find engravings and a drawing which show both Charles V and his son Filips II with black skin. So what to make off all this in the light of my research after Black European royalty? Subnasal prognatism seems extremely important in the distinction that eurocentrist make about “True Negroes” (SSA) and the “Caucasian Africans.” But even Ripley/Coon does not mention this Caucasian business. They only show maps with the whole of Africa having the same uniform skull index, along with South Europe and Far Northern Europe.

WKIPEDIA QUOTE:

Mandibular prognathism (progenism)
Pathologic mandibular prognathism is a potentially disfiguring, genetic disorder where the lower jaw outgrows the upper, resulting in an extended chin.

Queen Marie Antoinette of France on her way to the guillotine. Side drawing by Jacques-Louis David who was a witness, showing her Habsburg lip

The condition colloquially is known as Habsburg jaw, Habsburg lip or Austrian Lip (see Habsburg) due to its prevalence in that bloodline.[4] The trait is easily traceable in portraits of Habsburg family members.[5] This has provided tools for people interested in studying genetics and pedigree analysis. Most instances are considered polygenetic.[6]

It is alleged to have been derived through a female from the princely Polish family of Piasts, its Masovian branch. The deformation of lips is clearly visible on tomb sculptures of Mazovian Piasts in the St. John's Cathedral in Warsaw. However this may be, there exists evidence that the trait is longstanding. It is perhaps first observed in Maximilian I (1459-1519).

Traits such as these that were common to royal families are believed to have been passed on and exaggerated over time through royal intermarriage which caused acute inbreeding. Due to the large amount of politically motivated intermarriage among Habsburgs, the dynasty was virtually unparalleled in the degree of its inbreeding. Charles II of Spain is said to have had the most pronounced case of the Habsburg jaw on record. His jaw was so deformed that he was unable to chew.

Many dog breeds have underbite, particularly those with short faces. This may be due, as in the case of bulldogs, to a slower growing maxilla in relation to the mandible.
=================================================
Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor
From Wikipedia,
King of the Romans, Italy and Spain
Archduke of Austria, (Titular) Duke of Burgundy

Ruler of the Holy Roman Emperor
Reign 1519–1556
Predecessor Maximilian I
Successor Philip II
Duke of Burgundy, Ruler of the Seventeen Provinces
Reign 1506–1556

Spouse Isabella of Portugal
Issue
Philip II of Spain
Maria of Spain
Joan of Spain
John of Austria (illegitimate)
Royal house House of Habsburg
Father Philip I of Castile
Mother Joanna of Castile
Born 24 February 1500
Ghent, Flanders
Died 21 September 1558 (aged 58)
Yuste, Spain
Burial El Escorial

Spanish Royalty
House of Habsburg

Charles V (24 February 1500 – 21 September 1558) was ruler of the Holy Roman Empire from 1519 and, as Charles I of Spain, of the Spanish realms from 1516 until his abdication in 1556. On the eve of his death in 1558, his realm, which has been described as one in which the sun never sets, spanned almost 4 million square kilometres.

As the heir of four of Europe's leading dynasties – the Habsburgs of Austria, the Valois of the Burgundy, the Trastamara of the Castile and the House of Aragon – he ruled over extensive domains in Central, Western and Southern Europe, as well as the various Castilian (Spanish) colonies in the Americas and Philippines.

He was the son of Philip I of Castile (Philip the Handsome) and Juana of Castile (Joanna the Mad of Castile). His paternal grandparents were the Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I and Mary of Burgundy, whose daughter Margaret raised him. His maternal grandparents were Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella I of Castile, whose marriage had first united their territories into what is now modern Spain, and whose daughter Catherine of Aragon was Queen of England and first wife of Henry VIII. His cousin was Mary I of England, who married his son Philip.

Charles' reign constitutes the pinnacle of Habsburg power, when all the family's far flung holdings were united in one hand. After his reign, the realms were split between his descendants, who received the Spanish possession and the Netherlands, and those of his younger brother, who received Austria, Bohemia and Hungary.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_I_of_Spain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habsburg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prognathism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodline

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PROGNATISM
Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com