EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Obama, from the man who has been at his wedding and helped him

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Obama, from the man who has been at his wedding and helped him
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The fact that Obama lobbied Congress on behalf of the Wall Street bailout has been so well documented and so widely commented upon in so many places, including BAR the week it happened that I saw no need to include the link every time it is mentioned. It is disturbing that you never saw it, or perhaps never took the time to look for it, for reasons I will not speculate on. Is research against your religion or something?
Furthermore, the accusation that anybody who disagrees with candidate Obama, president-elect Obama or First Black President Obama is somehow motiviated by personal animosity is a groundless slur that relieves you from having to analyze much of anything. If the only questions are who we like and don’t like, facts are, after all, irrelevant. Biden’s record as a tireless shill for the predatory lenders and credit card industry cannot be discussed, and if it is raised it is only because somebody doesn’t like Obama, not because predatory lending is wrong. Obama’s threats to invade Pakistan and his pledges to boost the military budget cannot be discussed either, because even though invading countries is a crime and the US spends more on arms than the rest of the world combined, the only thing worth talking about is whether we “like” Obama or not.
In your world there appears to be no such thing as disagreements over principle, only personal feuds and grudges and likes and dislikes. Those who criticize Obama’s policies, and pressure him to do things he is not readily disposed to do can only be fueld by their personal grudges against him.
That kind of made-up crap just operates to shut down anything that is not sufficiently loud and fulsome praise. Since when did we start measuring who is contributing to the progress of our people by how loudly they praise the Big Men at the top?
In any case, you don’t know me like that, and don’t know my history. I have been active in the movement for most of four decades. Among many other things, I worked very closely with Barack back in the early 90s, helping register 130,000 new voters in Chicago during three months in 1992. How many voters have you registered, sir? I drove up from Atlanta to help the final weekend of his US Senate campaign in 2004, and was aware of his aim to attain national office as early as 1993. I was at his wedding. Were you?
Barack said that if Dr. King were alive today he would not be a groupie of any of the candidates. He would be outside the ring, pressuring everybody to do the right thing. That is the tradition we at BAR try to operate in.
The accusations you throw around about personal animus and grudges are nothing but the fig leaves covering your own intellectual laziness. It’s autumn. You know what happens to leaves in autumn.
Man up. Or Woman Up. If you think we are departing from the facts, show us. But spare us the psychoanalysis.

[Source]

and how Obama has been planning to be President for at least the last twenty years:

quote:
Obama did not win any victory by “challenging his oppponets’ ballots”. Not the US Senate. Not the state senate. Never.
He won his first race for the IL state senate by challenging irregularities on the nominating petitions of his opponent, for whom it was too much trouble to make certain that all the signers and circulators were registered voters.
In the world of Chicago politics from which I come, there is nothing at all underhanded about that. Old man Daley used to do it to all of us until we learned to raise our game, and for some time now we have generously inflicted the same lesson upon others. It’s just how the game is played. File against me and I too will scrutinize your paperwork for invalidating errors.

I also recall watching BO’s 2004 Democratic convention keynote. As someone who was told back in late 1992 or 1993 about his ambitions for national office, it was clear by then that the die was cast, and that he would campaign from the right, as far as possible.

[Source]
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ATLn8ive
Member # 9678

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ATLn8ive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well all of this is pretty obvious. What I believe though, is that he was chosen way back in his days at either Columbia or Harvard University... quite possibly even while still at the school in California.

I find it quite interesting that his wife "Sits" on the Council of Foreign Relations. And that he as a youth had traveled to nearly every "country" on this Earth. Now I realize that the entire "election" campaign, is nothing more than a scripted fraud for the elites of this country to dictate every policy made and control those who get there.

I just want to know how was he chosen. I have begin to realize some of the reasons he would have likely been their choice.. But I would like to know, exactly what connection does he have with the elite families of Europe ? Because it is pretty darn obvious by now that he didn't just come from nowhere as this maverick that gave a great Speech a few years ago and won the hearts of America ever since.

Its quite extraordinary I think the power of our media to build national heroes and national demons. Although they left room for doubt. From the day he gave that convention speech, he was in many ways the darling of the media... Sort of like they were positioning him for the run anyway. No one Black man could make a miraculous run like that. NO ONE ! You just have to have some sort of connections.

Its pretty much obvious that the Democrats and Republicans are on the same team. In 2000 Bush was the chosen man. But he lost the popular vote. So; Abra Kaboom, he STILL wins the Presidency. And Gore didn't put up a real fight, at all! If you worked your butt off, do you think you would give up something, you could have actually won in the first place? Its all very suspicious. Also, Obama LOST the Democratic popular vote against Hillary and he "legendary" 18 million votes. But he still won the election, because he was pre-chosen anyway. The votes are really just a formality for when the media's constant and repetitive harassment of the mind doesn't work.

When the use of religion, hate, prejudice, sexuality, race, etc doesn't work. They just simply manipulate it and change it over to what they want to begin with. So does anyone have any information on Obama's REAL History, NOT the CNN version please! ???

Posts: 7 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^thanks for your informative comment, amd1588.
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arwa, this witch-hunt attitude of yours is not very Pan-African and it is very unbecoming.

As an African woman, you should be busy singing the praises of your men, not putting them down (we don't need any help in that section).

Do we have to remind you that Obama is NOT yet the president of the US?

Hmmm... I worry about you sometimes.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I thought you were a grown man who could handle some critique? Although I would not call it critique.

My point is, what do we know about Obama?

And to remind you again, just because a Black man became president, it does not mean I should shut up my mouth and forget to ask question and think. That is not what it means to be Pan-African, no?

Don't get me wrong (and why do question my Africanism? Do I need some kind badge?) I don't want to see a Black man takes the responsibility of the collapse of American Dream. It is just that we have seen it before, Nelson Mandela.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
^ I thought you were a grown man who could handle some critique? Although I would not call it critique.

You're not criticizing me, so there isn't anything for me to accept or reject. However, if I were Obama, I'd tell you to hold your horses until I get a chance to make my moves.

quote:

My point is, what do we know about Obama?

We know a little. He's an African. He speaks well and can talk down anybody I know. He seems to have a good idea of what a good society is all about. I'm sure he has an ego, but so do you. I sincerely believe that if it is within Obama's "true power" to improve the lot of Black people, he WILL do it. Do you think the man is so stupid to disregard the future of HIS OWN CHILDREN?

quote:

And to remind you again, just because a Black man became president, it does not mean I should shut up my mouth and forget to ask question and think. That is not what it means to be Pan-African, no?

No. That is NOT Pan-Africanism. You might want to do some more research.

quote:

Don't get me wrong (and why do question my Africanism? Do I need some kind badge?) I don't want to see a Black man takes the responsibility of the collapse of American Dream. It is just that we have seen it before, Nelson Mandela.

You don't need a badge but you could spend your energy criticizing those who are destroying this world (and there's no shortage of them). But to keep gnashing your teeth at Obama who IS NOT EVEN PRESIDENT YET is just plain old crab barelling.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Herukhuti:
We know a little. He's an African. He speaks well and can talk down anybody I know. He seems to have a good idea of what a good society is all about. I'm sure he has an ego, but so do you. I sincerely believe that if it is within Obama's "true power" to improve the lot of Black people, he WILL do it. Do you think the man is so stupid to disregard the future of HIS OWN CHILDREN

Mandela has also Black children and all his wives are Black. So?

Another good example is Hurricane Katrina; never mentioned during his campaign the victims who most of them are Blacks. No wonder he visited only once the place.

Another example is Jenna 6.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obama is moving to the right as fast as he can. like Clinton before him he will be a big business president. Every move he has made tells us that.
Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shaddup Hammer!
Obama is not moving towards right-wing nutjobs like yourself. If he did, the nation is doomed.

Rather, Obama will lead the not-so-bright conservative nutjobs to do his bidding, sans the reckless greed and stupidity you constantly display when left alone.
As is extremely obvious to all of America, right-wingers can't run companies, nor can they run a nation without running either into the ground.
God did not bless ya'll with brains.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Herukhuti:
We know a little. He's an African. He speaks well and can talk down anybody I know. He seems to have a good idea of what a good society is all about. I'm sure he has an ego, but so do you. I sincerely believe that if it is within Obama's "true power" to improve the lot of Black people, he WILL do it. Do you think the man is so stupid to disregard the future of HIS OWN CHILDREN

Mandela has also Black children and all his wives are Black. So?

Another good example is Hurricane Katrina; never mentioned during his campaign the victims who most of them are Blacks. No wonder he visited only once the place.

Another example is Jenna 6.

What makes you think Mandela has/had the power to effect any real change beyond being a symbol of change?

Have you been to South Africa lately? Well, the CHANGE that has occured is that there is no longer a "glass ceiling" for a Black person in South Africa who INTENDS to achieve and "do great things". Contrast that reality with Europe (where you live) and you and I know there are some things we will *never* be able to do here.

Do you think Obama would have been elected president if he had been whinging about Katrina or Jena 6?

I think you should go and read Sun Tzu's 'The Art of War' before making any further comments.

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
^The glass ceiling WILL BE BROKEN no matter what!

But why do we need a symbolism to show us the way?

Member # 11484

Rate Member
^ Why do you need to break the glass ceiling in Europe? In fact, I maintain that we must not.

What we need to do is "Go Back to Africa" as the white racists often advice us to do. We need to take TOTAL CONTROL of Africa's resources and leave the haters in their empty ice box of mysery.

However, Blacks in America must fight for equality in that land and I think Obama is doing a fantastic job (so far) of moving the AAs ever closer to that inevitable reality.

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
^ totally agree with to return in Africa. I mean, we are so lucky that the West did not turn Africa into their dustbin factories like Asia.

quote:
However, Blacks in America must fight for equality in that land and I think Obama is doing a fantastic job (so far) of moving the AAs ever closer to that inevitable reality.
Time will tell, but please, keep your Hollywood, Oprah and band aids out of Africa.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^ I don't know about Oprah. She always seemed like a disconnected spoilt old fart to me. Never liked her one bit.

Hollywood is a product. If you don't like it don't buy it. It is the African's love for novelty that sells Hollywood in Africa. Thankfully, in Nigeria (where I visited very recently [Big Grin] ), Hollywood is no longer in. My peeps watch local movies and support Nigerian music now.

I totally agree with your band aid point. Make Bono History and shoot Bob Geldof now!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com