EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Book purchases: need help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Book purchases: need help
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, I am a little rusty on ancient Egypt. I have had to purge alot of the information in my head to go to school. I am also interested in general Africana studies and world mythology. I need some advice on some book purchases. Please help me.

Here are some of the books:

Nubian Ethnographies by Robert Fernea( I already have Nubian Ceremonial Life by Joseph Kennedy and very satisfied with this book. I bought it mainly for the reference of survivals that exist amongst the modern Nubians. Anybody that has ready read this book please advise me)

HOW TO READ THE EGYPTIAN BOOK OF THE DEAD.
By Barry Kemp(looks interesting but I am unsure how well its written or if its very indepth)

ESSENTIAL VISUAL HISTORY OF WORLD MYTHOLOGY.
Edited by Barbara Brownell Grogan (claims to be a through overview of world mythology but I am unsure how much of African mythology is covered)

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess nobody has read any of these books nor can give a review. I have bought Nubian Ethnographies. The other two I am not sure of.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't, but the Barry Kemp book sounds good.
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shady Aftermath
Member # 14754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shady Aftermath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you asking about WHERE to get these books or just recommendations on what's good?

--------------------
[Big Grin]

Posts: 368 | From: Oxford | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
I am asking if anybody has read them and wheather they contain good information. Most of my reading material are non-fiction books on ancient Egypt and Africa so I would like to know how much insight they give into those particular subjects.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com