EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Was Marcus Garvey The Last Hope Of Uniting Africa??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Was Marcus Garvey The Last Hope Of Uniting Africa??
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.

Marcus Garvey

We of the Universal Negro Improvement Association are determined to unite 400,000,000 Negroes for their own industrial, political, social and religious emancipation.
We of the Universal Negro Improvement Association are determined to unite the 400,000,000 Negroes of the world to give expression to their own feeling; we are determined to unite the 400,000,000 Negroes of the world for the purpose of building a civilization of their own. (Applause). And in that desire, we desire to bring together the 15,000,000 of the United States, the 180,000,000 in the West Indies and Central and South America, and the 200,000,000 in Africa.
We are looking toward political freedom on the continent of Africa, the land of our fathers.

LACK OF CO-OPERATION IN THE NEGRO RACE

It is so hard, so difficult to find men who will stick to a purpose, who will maintain a principle for the worth of that principle, for the good of that purpose, and if there is a race that needs such men in the world today, God Almighty knows it is the race of which I am a member. The race needs men of vision and ability. Men of character and above all men of honesty, and that is so hard to find. The greatest stumbling block in the way of progress in the race has invariably come from within the race itself.

The monkey wrench of destruction as thrown into the cog of Negro Progress, is not thrown so much by the outsider as by the very fellow who is in our fold, and who should be the first to grease the wheel of progress rather than seeking to impede it. But notwithstanding the lack of sympathetic co-operation, I have one consolation - That I cannot get away from the race, and so long as I am in the race and since I have sense and judgment enough to know what affects the race affects me, it is my duty to help the race to clear itself of those things that affect us in common.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why the last hope? An idea starts somewhere in time and comes to fruition at some later date. The notion of a European Union was very old before it was established.

The idea of going back to Africa reminds me of Zionism. As there was no hope for the Jews to ever become Europeans, they had to remove themselves from the equation, and have their own state.

I foresee a new Expulsion/Holocaust of Blacks, Coloureds and Muslims from Europe soon. Again like with the fully integrated European Jews, the music suddenly changed and you cannot become an European; you have to be born in Europe, be a christian and have white skin. The Blacks who still have connections with their motherlands will have to flee to those places.

Then it occurs to me that these states seem to care little about what happens with their citizens in Europe.

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com