EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Africans Not Guilty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Africans Not Guilty
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI4WS2Rak9Q&feature=channel_page
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Well those of us educated on matters of African history already know this. Unfortunately most folks even some black Americans are not. The truth must be told.
Posts: 26413 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeking Ancestors...

-
Olumo Rock

Contrary to popular beliefs, many of us "Continental Africans" never forgot about our Brothers & Sisters that were "Stolen" and shipped overseas...

We didn't sell them neither. In fact, we remember too well the battles we fought...

-
Dogon Yaro Tree

Conversating with Wise Woman about Ancestors & Tall Trees...

-

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Standing on the Rock that saved the matrilineal side of my ancestry from the Maafa...

-

All manners of thoughts running through my head ... WHAT IFs and WHAT NOWs....

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Curious Images...

-

Image of (apparently) a "real life" hero that successfully fought off the "Idahomey" enemies (armed by Europeans) who had come to the Rock looking for slaves to capture....

-

...He was eventually betrayed, this was done in his memory and honour...

-

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Olumo Shrine

-

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O7MWLdOU7c

quote:

What manner of man is this, I ask? Who roams the seven seas
who graces the skies of birds of iron and wanders where he please
Who walks into another's home and takes his properly
Then slays the man, his wife and child in the name of liberty...
http://www.justsomelyrics.com/1346602/The-Last-Poets-Hands-Off-Lyrics

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice pics heru [Smile]

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:

Abeokuta town, capital of Ogun state, southwestern Nigeria. It is situated on the east bank of the Ogun River, around a group of rocky outcroppings that rise above the surrounding wooded savanna. It lies on the main railway (1899) from Lagos, 48 miles (78 km) south, and on the older trunk road from Lagos to Ibadan; it also has road connections to Ilaro, Shagamu, Iseyin, and Kétou (Benin).

Abeokuta ("refuge among rocks") was founded in about 1830 by Sodeke (Shodeke), a hunter and leader of the Egba refugees who fled from the disintegrating Oyo empire. The town was also settled by missionaries (in the 1840s) and by Sierra Leone Creoles, who later became prominent as missionaries and as businessmen.

Abeokuta's success as the capital of the Egbas and as a link in the Lagos-Ibadan oil-palm trade led to wars with Dahomey (now Benin). In the battle at Abeokuta in 1851, the Egba, aided by the missionaries and armed by the British, defeated King Gezo's Dahomeyan army (unique in the history of western Africa for its common practice of using women warriors). Another Dahomeyan attack was repulsed in 1864.

Troubles in the 1860s with the British in Lagos led the Egba to close the trade routes to the coast and to expel (1867) its missionaries and European traders.

After the Yoruba civil wars (1877-93), in which Abeokuta opposed Ibadan, the Egba alake ("king") signed an alliance with the British governor, Sir Gilbert Carter, that recognized the independence of the Egba United Government (1893-1914). In 1914 the kingdom was incorporated into the newly amalgamated British Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria. The Abeokuta riots of 1918 protested both the levying of taxes and the "indirect rule" policy of Lord Frederick Lugard, the British governor-general, which made the alake, formerly primus inter pares ("first among equals"), the supreme traditional leader to the detriment of the other quarter chiefs.

Modern Abeokuta is an agricultural trade centre (rice, yams, cassava, corn [maize], palm oil and kernels, cotton, fruits, vegetables) and an exporting point for cocoa, palm produce, fruits, and kola nuts.

http://www.egbayewa.org/kingdoms.htm

^^ Notice the consistent detrimental interference by the British in these people's history? Hmmmm...
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Africans may not be guilty but we all know who in this forum ARE!

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000506

Posts: 26413 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Indeed, if you mean the ones with a little phallic problem? [Big Grin]

-

Please call me MIDOGBE
Member # 9216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Please call me MIDOGBE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Herukhuti:

Do Olumo rock's guides actually tell tourists that Dahomey was sent and armed by Europeans to Abeokuta to get slaves?

Posts: 307 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Not exactly, but it is emphasised that the war prisoners were sold slaves to Europeans.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com