EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Charles Darwin : 200 years on

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Charles Darwin : 200 years on
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since we are blessed to have many genetics on this forum. I like to know what role did Charles Darwin played in the history of African people?

Insha'Allah, when I have more time, I like to discuss further, and particularly his influence on eugenics - eurocentrism. He afterall believed that Black people came from lover cast.

Please discuss [Smile] while I take a long break [Smile]

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
He afterall believed that Black people came from lover cast.

[Big Grin]
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sexual Beasts

-

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:

Since we are blessed to have many genetics on this forum. I like to know what role did Charles Darwin played in the history of African people?

Insha'Allah, when I have more time, I like to discuss further, and particularly his influence on eugenics - eurocentrism. He afterall believed that Black people came from lover cast.

Please discuss [Smile] while I take a long break [Smile]

I think it is necessary to make a distinction between Darwin's actual own work and molecular genetics. While genetics in a way confirms Darwin's theory of evolution [though there are sources that credit other thinkers before Darwin with laying down the foundations for the theory of biological evolution -- one popular name that comes to mind in this regard, is al-Jahiz], in that it is now known via molecular genetics, that genetic mutations are responsible for alterations in organisms' biological integrity, Darwin himself has nothing to do with molecular genetics. This needs to be clear from the start.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com