EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » How to avoid a civil war

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to avoid a civil war
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
“I was in the East End of London yesterday and attended a meeting of the unemployed. I listened to the wild speeches, which were just a cry for ‘bread’, ‘bread’, and on my way home I pondered over the scene and became more than ever convinced of the importance of imperialism…My cherished idea is a solution for the social problem ,i.e., in order to save the 40 million inhabitants of the United Kingdom from a bloody civil war, we colonial statesmen must acquire new lands for settling the surplus population, to provide new market for the goods produced in the factories and the mines. The Empire, as I have always said, is a bread and butter question. If you want to avoid civil war, you must become imperialists.”
- Cecil Rhodes (1853-1902), one of the leading architects of British imperialism in Africa.

The question is, what would Obama do to avoid a "civil" war in his country?

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strive to work on a worldwide solution, because this isn't a national problem. Strive to a more fair and better partioning, and devise a world wide controll system.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The important question is - what are the ingredients for a civil war. Rhodes said it -- bread and surplus population. ie food and a place to live.

Do we or will we have these problems here, even with Obama in charge?

NOOOOO!!!

11-15people/sq mile. I say we have too much land.(cf Europe 600-1000p/sq/mile same as India) And the largest food producer in the world. Forgeeeet about it!

The solution is simple for Obama. bring the troops home. Let the media, who loves him so much, show tons of videos with soldiers arriving home, kissing and hugging their families. Run that for about 6 mths. . . .things will settle down. OH! Let Iraq flood the market with oil. Low gas prices, cheap food and we are back in business.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sh1T!! He may even get 3 terms. Changing the constituition and sh1t.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How Can U.S. Recover Without Manufacturing Capacity?

That is a good question from Glen Ford, and I'd like to pass on to ES members.

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The traditional method is to create jobs on everything what is state-owned: infrastructure, real-estate, but also by creating a war.
Look at for example, world-war II, right after the big crisis in the 20's and 30's. The wars in the Middle-East, to bring democracy there, are suiting the downfalling economy of the states very well. Wars at first are creating jobs (arms en weapons), and as a result they destroy so much that has to be rebuilded, so jobs again.
Look at Gaza now, it needs billions to rebuild everything again, and probably years of producing. Who are making money by this wars?
We know an expression: Anyone's dead is another one's bread...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Only someone from the World War eras will think that war is good for an economy. I remember an old white woman telling me that one day. She was citing WWII. That was a different circumstance.

There are several things that make a country sustainable.

1. Good Agricultural base ie feed themselves.
2. Good Infrastructure ie goods/services being able to move around. . .freely etc

A satisfied people. ie consumer confidence.

Here in the US the biggest issue right now is consumer confidence. Sure we can improve on infrasturucture but is it absolutely necessary? . . .. NO!.

We are being blasted daily about how bad things are and/or is going to be. This was all setup for Obama to win the elections. . . not sure what the agenda is. But, hell, I voted for the man. That was a no brainer cf to McCain.

To turns things around we need a little distraction from the bad reels. "War coming to an end" will do it, NOT perpetual war.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I did not Ziegeist to tell me where this is heading. Having a manufacturing base is “old Economics.” The new economics is let someone else manufacture your goods for YOU. The multinationals (US) still own the companies. Still rake the profits. So who gives a sh1t.

The money is still be made HERE. Not in Malaysia.

For those who missed it . . . . One World Government. Two classes. Rulers and those being ruled. . .no/or little Middle Class. The Middle-Class will those who “manage” the movement of the manufactured goods and services.

PS – Ziegiest was more BS, except for the twin towers thing

quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
How Can U.S. Recover Without Manufacturing Capacity?

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Xyyman, you were on the right track in your first comment. The basic concept of capitalism is to destroy and re-build. That is how capitalism survives.

On Zeitgeist movies, I don't liked them either and it is an echo of Chomskyian crowds which is debunked in numerous sources. Pure propaganda, and purely done.

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
PS.

I meant ????, and not Xyyman

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
OH! Let Iraq flood the market with oil. Low gas prices, cheap food and we are back in business

You seem to have a very naïve view of the world. What interest does Iraq have in reducing the value of their cash crop? Even though the Iraqi government is still a stooge of the US, the influence of Iran will definitely prevail if they implement such a self defeating policy as they will lose favour even more with the people.

quote:
I did not Ziegeist to tell me where this is heading. Having a manufacturing base is “old Economics.” The new economics is let someone else manufacture your goods for YOU. The multinationals (US) still own the companies. Still rake the profits. So who gives a sh1t.
This is the pre-recession argument that claimed services will replace the effects of outsourcing of manufacturing i.e. real production. Well we all see what has happened to those exotic products made by the service industry.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Ako. But what does it matter WHO manufacturer goods in a ONE World Gov't? We are still in control and getting rich. That's the point. Who gives a ****!

On the Iraq oil issue - Who cares what the Iraqi's think about the price. It is their bread and butter, yes, but we need it to survive. And we control it. The Iraq' will be happy with pennies on the dollar.

Big picture - we got to keep those factories running.

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, even after the **** has hit the fan you still scream like an ignorant frustrated child. You Americans are sooo in the dark.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
I think Europe will work hard on alternative energy sources and they will invest in that. The gouvernments are giving tax-reducements for companies who are investing in energy-friendly systems for heating and cooling the air and the water. They are working on the development of large windmill-parks, even in the sea.
Car-engines on waterpower or vegetable oils.
They already signed worldwide agreements in case of reducing gasses damaging the ozon in 1993.
The US refused to do that, in their own intrest, but at the same time their knowledge and development stopped.
What else is left for the US? The powerspeeches from Obama won't bring bread on the table.
Soon the people will get enough from it, and demand action.
Even if the American companies pay are paying taxes in the US, the biggest part will be outside of the States, and will bring prosperity to thát people, not to the Americans...

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Interpreting what you just said.

- I agree that Obama has to start putting up. Enough lip service from him. He has little control of the economy. Although in his mind he thinks he has. He has to be careful mouthing off at some powerfull people (bankers/insurance Co. etc). They can fuk him up in an instant. He should stick what he can control. Close gitmo, end the war. Lift the embargo against Cuba. Communism is dead any how. Create an atmosphere for economic prosperity. Take on the Health Care issue.

BTW - cars running on water is a misconception. Having worked in the Fuel Cell Industry in the past.

Think about the first Law of ThermoDynamics. The other Eng on the site will know what I am talking about.

The best alternative is . . . . nuclear power. Long term it may be Solar or Fusion which is a looong way off.

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
Close gitmo, end the war. Lift the embargo against Cuba. Communism is dead any how. Create an atmosphere for economic prosperity. Take on the Health Care issue.
You make it seem as if he can "take on" these issues without crossing the powerful that benefit from them. What a naive soul. lol
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
OK Bro! Tell me!

- Who benefits from keeping gitmo open. What's the point of incarcerating 50 Arabs

- Everyone else is trading with Cuba, what's the point of the embargo. They are not "isolated" as most fools think. Sh1t it may become another Puerto Rico (vacation spot). . . or Montego Bay.

- What is the point of the Iraq war. He said he will keep 50K troops there anyhow. Bring the rest home. 50K is enough to protect Isreal and keep an eye on Iran and be a quick strike force.

- The only battle he will face will be Health Care reform. He got to strike, NOW, while he is still popular. That is a powerful group of people. Hillary got a taste up close.

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
^ it's this sort of mass ignorance that is at the source of your problems. Do you think such boneheaded Israeli-fist policies are unconnected to those troubles back home you outlined? Ten billion dollars a month in Iraq, three billion a year for Israel, twelve billion for Egypt to keep peace with Israel, yet your president has to do "battle" in order to push health care for the people? LOL

You fools still can't see the bigger picture! Like ancient Rome and British empire that ultimately fell, you all never will. lol

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
You are both living in another part of the world, and opinions are made by what you are able to hear and see. As the US inside politics is not a hot issue to me, at the same time, what the EU is doing, is far from your beds.
Getting into a crises, makes people rebellious. When they are loosing their jobs, their homes, their food, and their future, while they all can see the big amounts that have been spended on, what they see as useless, is feeding their rebellious feelings.
Of course it is ridiculous to pay billions to bankmanagers who didn't even do their jobs well. The rich are getting richer, and the mass is loosing what they once had. And this isn't an local issue, but a worldwide one.
So, Obama can do what he likes to do, it won't work because HIS inside politics has thousands of connections all over the world.
Countries are trying to limit the damages on national level, while they need to design a new world wide controlling financial system.
And that's an utopia...

--------------------

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
I was thinking the other day on China's cheap labour force mainly from poor cheap in the country, and according to statistic, the central government of China will face major task to provide these poor people and the social inequality will increase between the rich and poor people. Maybe there is a reason why these cheap labours [mostly men] are sent to Africa and Latin America.

Similar to of course 1800 century in Europe.
Are the Chinese reading the same script as European imperialists blueprint? Me think yes.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com