EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Battles BC: Hannibal Barca (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Battles BC: Hannibal Barca
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monday March 9. History Channel.

http://www.history.com/video.do?name=Battles_BC&bcpid=10177853001&bclid=13604320001&bctid=13639166001

Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The troops mentioned as Hannibal’s in the battles are: his own Phoenicians, Nubians, North Africans (probably Berbers) Gaul’s (which are Celts), Spanish (which are Celt's - see below) and Celt’s. Hannibal’s army was therefore a pure Black army. Why is Hannibal the ONLY Black guy in the video?

(Hannibal's Spanish troops?? He he, we know what they were trying to do here. The place was called Iberia, and the native Black people were Celts. Just like the rest of the Black people in Western Europe. The White people who would eventually take over, were called Visigoths).

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To put an even finer point on it: At that time, Rome was painfully struggling to obtain mastery of central and southern Italy, where she had absorbed the power and culture of the Black Etruscans (the original people of Italy – Celts lived in what is now Northern Italy); and gradually forged a federation of small states.

It was standard procedure in those times, to draft soldiers from the army of your defeated foe, into your own army. Therefore the sum total of the troops in the Punic wars may have been as much as 75% Black. Why is Hannibal the ONLY Black guy in the video? What’s the matter, they couldn’t find enough Black actors?

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
riiight. Looks like the computer lab at the mental institution is back on line. The average Etruscan lived their entire life and never saw a black person.
Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
And how would an ignorant cracker like the TheAmericanPatriot know that? Any chance that he might have an artifact or some sort of document which indicates that Etruscan's were indeed White? Is that really so much to ask? I mean, it's not that I don't believe you, it's the others, you know how they are.
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, Don't give me the evidence mumbo jumbo. You guys would not know a piece of evidence if it ran over you on the street. To make a stupid statement that Etruscans are black puts the burden of proof on you.

When you make these wild statements that attempt to make up history you need to back them up.

Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
TheAmericanPatriot - Admit it; your first post was a knee-jerk reaction. Your little pea sized White brain was SCREAMING; Damn all of those ancient people couldn’t ALL have been Niggers!!

He he, well yea, they were. And as it so happens, there are quite a few Etruscan artifacts available to post. So I will be posting them for you, until you cry Uncle; just not Uncle Tom, if you please.

BTW – did you see my “Mind Purging” presentation for King on the (see below) “THE BLACK BUILDERS OF STONEHENGE” thread? It was meant for ignorant White people like you too; try to take advantage of it.

Quote: "King – As I mentioned in my previous post, it is hard for people to get rid of the racist images and thoughts that have been pumped into their brains all of their lives. This post is intended to help you purge the false images that Whites have pumped into your brain since you were born."

BTW - White one; Please feel free to peruse museum sites to authenticate my posts – no need to take my word for it.

-

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
More garbage, everyone who disagrees with you is a racist. The art work you posted does not even look like a black person.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Ah shucks; you caught me. I was trying to pass-off these Chinese people as Blacks. You are just Sooooo sharp TheAmericanPatriot. I should have known better.

-

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Tou might try the Etruscan book I posted on Book Alert 13. Actually reading the history is a good thing.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Mike, you should stop posting random pictures and assuming that their physical features can accurately identify them. Honestly, what you and Marc do (in claiming that everybody and their Mama who did anything important was Black) borders on the side of reverse "racism.".. I can never bring my self to defend these claims against Eurocentrists like American Patriot because they're indeed wild claims... I really wish SOME of our so-called Black scholars would be more careful with the ideas they expound. The burden for us to substantiate our claims is high and the subjectivity of inferring ambiguous "racial" features from a statue is very irresponsible.

C'mon though Mike, why do you care so much about Eurasia (Europe and Asia) man?!! I believe I do recall you stating that "sub-Saharan" Africa had no civilization and hence, you believe by extension that North Africans were always mixed, and hence you believe that the highest accomplishments made by Black people happened outside of Africa.. I'm paraphrasing and if need be I can track down the said quote from you stating basically that. I think people like you and Marc hate Africa. Subconsciously.... You have accepted what Eurocentrists have force fed you and place little significance on verifiable African achievement. You rather speculate/investigate other possibilities, as extreme as they are.. You and Marc gave up on Africa a long time ago. It's sad.

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Mike is a European guy all the way, as is Sundjata. They speak English, east western food, live in the west etc etc. Western civilization dominates every aspect of their lives.

If they were real Africans they would move to kenya, speak the language, eat the food etc. As it is, they are ours 100%.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Sundjata - You are an idiot. And an inaccurate one at that.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAmericanPatriot:
Mike is a European guy all the way, as is Sundjata. They speak English, east western food, live in the west etc etc. Western civilization dominates every aspect of their lives.

If they were real Africans they would move to kenya, speak the language, eat the food etc. As it is, they are ours 100%.

Why would I move to Kenya? I'm American. Are some type of separatist racist? I don't belong to or answer to anyone, not even your white God so your KKK inspired rants make less sense. The fact that I speak English makes it all the more easy to debunk white Eurocentric trash, also written in English.. [Smile]
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Hey the TheAmericanPatriot, you ignorant cracker you; How about studies? Do you like studies? Here is a nice one for you.

Ancient Etruscans Unlikely Ancestors Of Modern Tuscans, Testing Reveals.

News story from the Science Daily — For the first time, Stanford university researchers have used statistical computer modeling to simulate demographic processes affecting the population of the Tuscany region of Italy over a 2,500-year time span. Rigorous tests used by the researchers have ruled out a genetic link between Ancient Etruscans, the original inhabitants of central Italy, and the region's modern day residents.

The findings indicate that the Ancient Etruscans had little in common with the people who later came to Italy, said Joanna Mountain, assistant professor of anthropological sciences. The findings as documented in ''Serial Coalescent Simulations” indicate a Weak Genealogical Relationship Between Etruscans and Modern Tuscans. The study was published May 15, 2006 in the online version of the National Academy of Sciences. Uma Ramakrishnan, a former Stanford postdoctoral fellow, and Elise M. S. Belle along with Guido Barbujani of the University of Ferrara in Italy, co-authored the paper with Mountain.

To date; the Etruscans are the only pre-classical European population that has been genetically analyzed, Mountain said. Two years ago, Italian geneticists extracted maternally inherited mitochondrial DNA from the bones of 27 people called Etruscans found in six different necropolises (burial sites) in Tuscany. The female lineage was investigated because, unlike the male Y chromosome, many copies of mitochondrial DNA are found in each cell and thus are easier to extract, Mountain explained. The finding is important because it questions the common assumption that residents of a particular place are descendants of its earlier inhabitants, Mountain said.

Note: This story has been adapted from a news release issued by Stanford University.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Sundjata, the point was and is that you are a WESTERN Euro-American person just like the rest of us. there is nothing African about you.

Mike, The study you posted says nothing about Etruscans being black. That aspect you simply made up like you do about many aspects of history.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

I've noticed something funny... Why is it always the undereducated and/or socio-economically disadvantaged whites who take more strides to include themselves into the "we" discussion. Hence, when American Traitor stated that "they are ours". referring to Blacks who speak English, it almost assumes that he had a role in the creation of the English language, the subjugation of Blacks, or the education in teaching Blacks how to read and write the said language. It's always the nobodies with no power who advance such positions. Patriot.. You are not "we", you are "I", and "I" is a nobody/history illiterate on a website posing under some dumb pseudonym somewhere in cyberspace..

quote:
Sundjata, the point was and is that you are a WESTERN Euro-American person just like the rest of us. there is nothing African about you.

Mike, The study you posted says nothing about Etruscans being black. That aspect you simply made up like you do about many aspects of history.

Actually, culturally I don't deny that.. Consciously and Biologically this is false.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
Sundjata - You are an idiot. And an inaccurate one at that.

You hate Africa, Mike...
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
No Sundjata, "we" is correct. As a matter of fact "we," this Euro-American culture, did liberate blacks and yes, did teach them the language.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

^^This "Euro-American culture" enslaved Blacks and forced (not "taught") upon them a foreign language. Blacks liberated themselves. YOU had nothing to do with either and thus are not included in the "we" category. You just happen to have pale skin. You're not important. We're discussing history, not you... [Smile]
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

Didn't I already admit above, that you caught me faking Chinese for Etruscans?

BTW - Ignorance is a curable condition; all you have to do is learn. Stupidity is permanent!

-

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
So Sundjata when we are talking about blacks we are talking about a "culture" but the rest of us are not part of one? Explain that pray tell.
tell me exactly how blacks liberated themselves?

Mike, Stop being silly.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
So Sundjata when we are talking about blacks we are talking about a "culture" but the rest of us are not part of one? Explain that pray tell.

When we talk about "Blacks", we're discussing a global entity, not one culture.. It isn't a difficult concept. The unity comes from that consciousness of interconnectedness and shared history..
quote:
tell me exactly how blacks liberated themselves?
Of course African-American history isn't stagnant between 1865-1968... Advances black people made during that period was more or less a consequence of their own self-determination. The culmination in the overturning of Plessy vs. Ferguson, and the 1964 and 1965 legislation was a direct result of internal pressures exerted on the American government to act, as the moral and intellectual authority of their institutions were being challenged in a way never before seen by their own citizens.

Why we digress? I have no idea but I'm sure you MEANT to be intentionally provocative. That's all Eurocentrists have left in their ammo.. [Smile]

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
TheAmericanPatriot - Remember what I said about stupidity. Your little pink ass is being kicked, and your refrain is "Mike, Stop being silly". I could understand if I was offering penetration, but I don’t role that way, so just cry Uncle.

-

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
well, a consciousness implies a culture, a shared history imples a culture as well. I think you are talking in circles and really want to justify some sort of black driven political agenda.

First, You have to start before 1865. Slaves did not free themselves, they were freed by white people. Had the Crittenden compromise been adopted in the winter of 1860-1861 they would not have been freed for decades.
Overturning Plessy and the other reforms in the 60's were all done by white people. Slavery was never about race, it was always about money and there was simply no economic justification to keep the old political position in place as we moved through the 20th century. It is unrealistic to say that 12% of the population "liberated themselves." You might want to give the white population of the 1960's a little more credit.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Mike, I just looks at pages of Terracotta Reliefs from the Etruscans and none of them looks black at all.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Mike, I just looks at pages of Terracotta Reliefs from the Etruscans and none of them looks black at all.

Let us see too - please.
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Look up Etruscan terracotta Reliefs, they'll all come up. It is a simple process Mike. Don't you think it is time you grew up a bit? You are hung up on this 'black thing' for some reason. The truth is nobody cares that you are black. You'll be judged by your character and acomplishments in life.
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
Why would I move to Kenya? I'm American....Hence, when American Traitor stated that "they are ours". referring

This just shows the extent to which liberalism has brainwashed you poor Negros. To say he is a "traitor" is inaccurate. He is an American Patriot in every sense of the word. I know it pains you integration Negros to be reminded of the fact that America was founded as a white man's country and the so-called "KKK inspired rants" are really reflection of American values. In fact it is liberal whites/Jews (your masters) that are the real traitors of Americana.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
[QB] well, a consciousness implies a culture, a shared history imples a culture as well. I think you are talking in circles and really want to justify some sort of black driven political agenda.

LOL.. ?? You are such a faux scholar. Shared history implies culture in what way here?? The collective of African people are diverse and by extension, so are their cultures. African-Americans are an amalgam of people who derive from these various cultural centers, more so concentrated near the coastal and inner regions of west Africa. In what way does the shared history between these various people indicate a shared culture between all of them? I think you are the one talking in circles in an attempt to obscure your motivations. Duly noted that you're a flaming Eurocentrist who has already posted almost 15 different nonsensical thread topics covering books on the uninteresting subject of European history on an African-centered forum. Whose agenda is clear?

quote:
First, You have to start before 1865. Slaves did not free themselves, they were freed by white people. Had the Crittenden compromise been adopted in the winter of 1860-1861 they would not have been freed for decades.
Surely they would have as it was inevitable. You know little about history and the pressure the South was under to end slavery not only due to industrial innovations, but staunch moral and intellectual challenges from slaves themselves as with Dred Scott, which actually sparked a lot of animosity and ultimately helped lead to the civil war. You are also speaking in naive terms.. Blacks weren't liberated during abolition. Whites liberated nothing which is what Plessy demonstrates. Blacks liberated themselves through consciousness. The defiance and ultimate restoration and sustenance of Black pride and values can not be and was not taught by those who took it away in the first place. The Harlem Renaissance, Black Nationalist, civil rights, and Black power movements were the substance of Black mobilization and Black philosophy. Some liberal whites tried to help but ended up hurting the cause in the late 60's.... White people deserve little weighted credit for a process of liberation that actually (to be fully accurate) isn't complete. They [people like you] want us to believe that because it makes Black people complacent.

quote:
Overturning Plessy and the other reforms in the 60's were all done by white people.
Brown v. BOE was argued and won by Thurgood Marshall (a Black American).. The civil rights and voting rights acts were a result of precedence in brown v. board which started that momentum. King was the predominant spokesman for the legislation.. Politicians did what the people demanded. Blacks injected themselves into politics to make it work towards their benefit. Attempts to give Blacks true liberation were disingenuous..

quote:
Slavery was never about race, it was always about money
Irrelevant.. Your simple, racialist mind is the only one who keeps bringing up American slavery.

quote:
and there was simply no economic justification to keep the old political position in place as we moved through the 20th century.
Slavery ended in the 19th century.. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
It is unrealistic to say that 12% of the population "liberated themselves." You might want to give the white population of the 1960's a little more credit.
Give them credit for what? I think that you should check out a documentary called "What Black Men Think", by Tank Morton.. You may be disillusioned.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
^^Mike, you should stop posting random pictures and assuming that their physical features can accurately identify them. Honestly, what you and Marc do (in claiming that everybody and their Mama who did anything important was Black) borders on the side of reverse "racism.".. I can never bring my self to defend these claims against Eurocentrists like American Patriot because they're indeed wild claims... I really wish SOME of our so-called Black scholars would be more careful with the ideas they expound. The burden for us to substantiate our claims is high and the subjectivity of inferring ambiguous "racial" features from a statue is very irresponsible.

C'mon though Mike, why do you care so much about Eurasia (Europe and Asia) man?!! I believe I do recall you stating that "sub-Saharan" Africa had no civilization and hence, you believe by extension that North Africans were always mixed, and hence you believe that the highest accomplishments made by Black people happened outside of Africa.. I'm paraphrasing and if need be I can track down the said quote from you stating basically that. I think people like you and Marc hate Africa. Subconsciously.... You have accepted what Eurocentrists have force fed you and place little significance on verifiable African achievement. You rather speculate/investigate other possibilities, as extreme as they are.. You and Marc gave up on Africa a long time ago. It's sad.

Sundjata: Seeing as how you are African American (hemispherically), I am well aware of what would motivate you to make statements like above; are you? A word of advice; the past is the past, no amount of wishing will make it what you want it to be, or change it in any way – it is what it is. But a bad start is no guarantee of a bad finish, for people or places. So please do a little honest soul searching, it might be helpful.

BTW – The ONLY people (of any color) in known world history, who ever freed THEMSELVES FROM SLAVERY, are those “Papa Doc” lovin, Zombie fearing, Voodoo practicing HAITIANS!

Akoben – Don’t bother bringing up the Maroons, different thing.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
TheAmericanPatriot - Come-on, you know that there is no way that I will allow you to wimp out like that. If you won’t provide links to Etruscan artifacts, then I will. Remember, you may say Uncle at any time.

http://www.maravot.com/Etruscan_Murals.html

http://www.ou.edu/class/ahi4163/files/terra01.html

http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/highlight_objects/gr/t/terracotta_seated_figure.aspx

http://dismanibus156.wordpress.com/2008/02/07/etruscan-italy-orientalizing-period/

Sundjata
Member # 13096

^^I wasn't being personal Mike, I just wish that you had more evidence to back your claims as some of them honestly go against conventional wisdom (and not just mainstream dogma).. And Why are we chasing Patriot's straw of slaves "freeing themselves"? That's a red herring....

quote:
This just shows the extent to which liberalism has brainwashed you poor Negros. To say he is a "traitor" is inaccurate. He is an American Patriot in every sense of the word. I know it pains you integration Negros to be reminded of the fact that America was founded as a white man's country and the so-called "KKK inspired rants" are really reflection of American values. In fact it is liberal whites/Jews (your masters) that are the real traitors of Americana.

Why do you always intentionally misconcrew things?? IT was just a play on words and I'd still beg to differ. The truest patriots, even if foolishly so, are African-Americans who love their country. To love a country that does not love you is the ultimate sign of patriotism. Call it patriotism, uncle tomming, being an "integrationist negro" or "captain America", the meanings are parallel.

And you're actually more left-wing than I am while you keep calling me liberal.. [Roll Eyes]

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Mike, I did not see any black looking Etruscans.
Glasses anyone?

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The truest patriots, even if foolishly so, are African-Americans who love their country.
See what I mean. Liberalism got you nigga! lol

quote:
And you're actually more left-wing than I am while you keep calling me liberal..
Oh really? How so?

-

Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ackee the Jamaican chimes in;what do you mean the Maroones is a different thing? ever heard of Boukman? where he came from and how he got to Haiti?
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
akoben - Have you taken a page out of TheAmericanPatriot's book. I say it, so therefore it must be true?

Liberalism:

Liberalism is a broad class of political philosophies that considers individual liberty and equality to be the most important political goals.[1]

Liberalism emphasizes individual rights and equality of opportunity. Within liberalism, there are various streams of thought which compete over the use of the term "liberal" and may propose very different policies, but they are generally united by their support for constitutional liberalism, which encompasses support for: freedom of thought and speech, limitations on the power of governments, the rule of law, an individual's right to private property,[2] and a transparent system of government.[3][4][5] All liberals, as well as some adherents of other political ideologies, support some variant of the form of government known as liberal democracy, with open and fair elections, where all citizens have equal rights by law.[6]

Liberalism appears in two broad forms: Classical liberalism, which emphasizes the importance of individual liberty, and social liberalism which emphasizes some kind of redistribution of wealth.[7] Those who identify themselves as classical liberals, to distinguish themselves from social liberals, oppose all government regulation of business and the economy, with the exception of laws against force and fraud, and support free market laissez-faire capitalism. In Europe, the term "liberalism" is closer to the economic outlook of American economic conservatives.[8] In the United States, "liberalism" is most often used in the sense of social liberalism, which supports some regulation of business and other economic interventionism which they believe to be in the public interest.

Liberalism has its roots in the Age of Enlightenment and rejects many foundational assumptions that dominated most earlier theories of government, such as the Divine Right of Kings, hereditary status, established religion, and economic protectionism.[9][10][11] Liberals argued that economic systems based on free markets are more efficient and generate more prosperity.[12]

The first modern liberal state was the United States of America[13], founded on the principle that "all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that to insure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."[14] This said, much of early liberal thought originated in and influenced the politics of The Netherlands, the United Kingdom and France.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Sundjata Quote: I wasn't being personal Mike, I just wish that you had more evidence to back your claims as some of them honestly go against conventional wisdom (and not just mainstream dogma).. And Why are we chasing Patriot's straw of slaves "freeing themselves"? That's a red herring....

I take it that you didn't bother to look anything up. Yet you would have the face to criticize me. If you weren't so young, I would really tear into you for that. Just who the hell do you think the conversation was for, TheAmericanPatriot?

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I did notice that the clips had only a few blacks among the armies of Hannibal. Most notably Hannibal himself and a couple of other African warriors. The rest all looked European.

None of this has anything to do with the Etruscans.

But it is true that Carthage had control of parts of Spain and it is partly due to conflicts over the boundaries of the Carthaginian provinces of Spain and the Roman provinces that led to the wars fought by Hannibal.

Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Mikey, I'm using the defintion as it is today. Yes the meaning of the term Liberalism has evolved even your cut and paste defintion reflects this:

"In the United States, "liberalism" is most often used in the sense of social liberalism, which supports some regulation of business and other economic interventionism which they believe to be in the public interest."

Actually that is in fact the "changed" definition as economic liberalism before, associated with people like Hayek, was more conservative than this. Free market not Keynesian. Now run along and look up Hayek and Keynes.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
akoben - I find it odd that you would denigrate "looking Things Up" That seems a very strange source of disdain. Is it perhaps that people who engage in this behavior are difficult to fool with pseudo intellectualism and nonsense retorts?

Hayek hypothesis
The economic calculation problem is a criticism of socialist economics, or more precisely economic planning. It was first proposed by Ludwig von Mises in 1920 and later expounded by Friedrich Hayek.[1][2] The problem referred to is that of how to distribute resources rationally in an economy. The capitalist solution is the price mechanism; Mises and Hayek argued that this is the only possible solution, and without the information provided by market prices socialism lacks a method to rationally allocate resources. Those who agree with this criticism argue it is a refutation of socialism and that it shows that a socialist planned economy could never work. The debate raged in the 1920s and 1930s, and that specific period of the debate has come to be known by economic historians as the The Socialist Calculation Debate.

Keynes
John Maynard Keynes, 1st Baron Keynes (pronounced /ˈkeɪnz/ "cains") (5 June 1883 – 21 April 1946) was a British economist whose ideas, called Keynesian economics, have had a major impact on modern economic and political theory as well as on many governments' fiscal policies. He advocated interventionist government policy, by which the government would use fiscal and monetary measures to mitigate the adverse effects of economic recessions, depressions and booms. He is one of the fathers of modern theoretical macroeconomics and considered among the most influential economists of the 20th century.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
Yes, I did notice that the clips had only a few blacks among the armies of Hannibal. Most notably Hannibal himself and a couple of other African warriors. The rest all looked European.

None of this has anything to do with the Etruscans.

But it is true that Carthage had control of parts of Spain and it is partly due to conflicts over the boundaries of the Carthaginian provinces of Spain and the Roman provinces that led to the wars fought by Hannibal.

Dougie - I see that you didn't read the thread. The Etruscans entered the conversation here.

To put an even finer point on it: At that time, Rome was painfully struggling to obtain mastery of central and southern Italy, where she had absorbed the power and culture of the Black Etruscans (the original people of Italy – Celts lived in what is now Northern Italy); and gradually forged a federation of small states.

It was standard procedure in those times, to draft soldiers from the army of your defeated foe, into your own army. Therefore the sum total of the troops in the Punic wars may have been as much as 75% Black. Why is Hannibal the ONLY Black guy in the video? What’s the matter, they couldn’t find enough Black actors?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dougie - As akoben can tell you, I am one of those degenerates who actually "Look Things Up". Shame to say, I have done it for years. You have no idea how much useless information I have hanging around. In times passed, it was called research and being knowledgeable, you would have to ask akoben what it's called now.

But one benefit of all of that (whatever akoben calls it), is that I know that the cause of the Punic wars was Sicily. I don't mean to piss akoben off, by actually knowing something, but just for your edification I have included a little quote.

Carthage, one of the most famous cities of antiquity, was founded on the north coast of Africa by the Phoenicians of Tyre (sur) in 814 B.C. The founding of Carthage was closely followed by the establishment of other Phoenician cities in the western Mediterranean. From then on, Carthaginian power expanded into Spain, Sicily and numerous other places in the northern Mediterranean. This brought them into direct conflict with the empires in Rome and Greece. At the start of the 3rd century B.C., Carthage was supreme in the western Mediterranean, enjoying the security of sea power and trading with her stations in Sicily, Sardinia, and Spain as well as with the shores of Africa.

At the same time Rome was painfully struggling to obtain mastery of central and southern Italy, where she had absorbed the power and culture of the Etruscans and gradually forged a federation of small states. It must have already become clear that there was not going to be room in the Mediterranean for both Rome and Carthage.

The clash came over Sicily in the First Punic War (264-241 B.C), at the end of which Carthage lost Sicily. The Roman victory in Sicily induced Rome to cross the narrow straits to Africa and attack Carthage directly. Fortunately for Carthage, a strong and honest man appeared in the person of Hamilcar Barca, a commander who had evacuated his forces undefeated from Sicily in the best tradition of Dunkirk.

Hamilcar was able to put down a mutiny in the Carthaginian army and restore order to it. The political situation at that time had a strangely modern flavor. Rome pursued a policy of cold war during which time it annexed Sardinia and Corsica, increased the reparations which Carthage was obliged to pay, and declared the Roman sphere of interest in Spain to extend from the North down to the river Ebro.

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
akoben - I find it odd that you would denigrate "looking Things Up" That seems a very strange source of disdain. Is it perhaps that people who engage in this behavior are difficult to fool with pseudo intellectualism and nonsense retorts?

Relax, don't take it so personal. Lighten up. [Big Grin]
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Now Doug, Here you go again making things up out of thin air. You have not a scrap of evidence that Hannibal was black. Have we read actualbooks on the history of carthage or are we just repeating afrocentric dribble off the internet?
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
TheAmericanPatriot - You say that very smugly, but Yes, your book burning (Etruscan's), nose breaking, nose reshaping, history distorting, artifact hiding, artifact destroying, lying Albino people, have done a great job of hiding or destroying artifacts of Hannibal and Jesus and many others.

But it really does you no good; Hannibal was a Phoenician, they are provably Black. Jesus was a Hebrew, they too are provably Black. You gained nothing. But you lost any hope of respect. Forever, you will be the fearful, lying, little Albinos, so fearful of the big, bad, niggers that you tried to steal their history - how pathetic.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Mike, You are off in la la land. I have to come to this board to find anyone who contends the Pheoenicans were black but then here everyone is black. This is literally some of the funniest stuff I have ever read.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
I have to come to this board to find anyone who contends the Pheoenicans were black but then here everyone is black.

The problem with that is that it doesn't imply anything. Not too long ago you could go to just about any Euro site and here about how the Egyptians, Nubians, Ethiopians and Somali were/are "Caucasian".. What's more funny than that? Picking on a few extreme examples and characterizing it as a representation of the prevailing views proposed here is a cowardly way to make your point. You're setting up the most flimsy straw men so you can easily knock them down. Goes with out saying that you're wrong 90% of the time once we aren't distracted by your selective battles.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
How about it TheAmericanPatriot; Sundjata is right; it was but a few years ago that White people were teaching children that Egyptians were White, perhaps they still do in red-neck states like Texas. This, despite thousands upon thousands of artifacts that clearly showed Egyptians to be Black.

There is no opportunity to claim ignorance here; this was a purposeful attempt to claim another people’s history. In a non-White court of law, this would be called “attempted aggravated fraud”. So you see, White people already have a proven track record of lies, deceit, and fraud. But yet a fool like you would think me so foolish; that you would expect me to depend on those very same lying White textbooks to tell me who is White and who is Black. You are either very stupid or very sick!

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Race has little to do with history. Mike, which textbook are you refering to? Most history textbook mentions race other than say 19th century America where it is obvious that all of the slaves were black.
For race to be part of history it has to impact change and contunity. At the start of every class I ask the question, what is history? i then write on the board 'change and contunity.'
In other words, as a result of this event what changes and what remains the same? Race almost never meets that criteria.

The problem with you guys is that you are extreme racists. You have arrived at a position and simply seek all of the information to bolster that position you can find. That is not scholarship, it is politics.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
He he, TheAmericanPatriot; You are a degenerate liar and hypocrite.

I quote from your previous post: “Mike, You are off in la la land. I have to come to this board to find anyone who contends the Pheoenicans were black but then here everyone is black. This is literally some of the funniest stuff I have ever read.”

In your own words, you clearly accept race as a determinate, but then, when you are beaten on the subject of race, suddenly race becomes non-germane. Well let me ask you this, if race was not an important criteria, why do Whites go to so much trouble to steal and hide Black identities. Why didn’t you just say; yes the Etruscans were Black, so what? Or, yes the Phoenicians were Black, so what? But you didn’t do any of that, you clung to the racist White lies until I beat you off of them, only then did you decide that race was non-germane. So to sum it all up, I will quote myself from my post above.

Quote: You gained nothing. But you lost any hope of respect. Forever, you will be the fearful, lying, little Albinos, so fearful of the big, bad, niggers that you tried to steal their history - how pathetic.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com