EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » I am inspired

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am inspired
Finesse
Member # 16950

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Finesse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may be new here but ive been following you people for years. pretty good stuff. alot of progressive thinking been going on latly and people like you are the cause. My whole family is african (from diffrent countries). and I've always been interested in diffrent cultures my uncle (who is egyptian) always told about egypt. and it was very fascinating.

I found this site about four years ago(I am now 17) and I guess you can say it kinda inspired me. I gradurated from highschool little early and I am now in college and though im still young and stupid i've manage to keep a 3.8 GPA. sooo yea thanx some of you people out there.

btw does anybody have a site where there are photos of egyptian and nubian mummies? HA! didnt think I had a point did ya! haha....yea..

Posts: 63 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Finesse
Member # 16950

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Finesse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liberia,Nigeria,Egypt,Ethiopia,Sudan,

yes i Know quite ridiculous isnt it...and thats probably not all but i'll find out all of them sooner or later.
I have a HUGE family and I mean HUGE. I recently discoverd that I have a lil ethiopian in me too. and because no one tells me $hii this is all I know...

Posts: 63 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Finesse
Member # 16950

Rate Member
My unlce is the only person who tells me stuff about it so I hang out with him most of the times.

what about you stranger? what is your background?
I would like to know everyones background please. if ya dont mind.

Finesse
Member # 16950

Rate Member
anyone?
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Keep up your studies and ignore clowns like the Ho above.
 -
 -
Type in Bob Brier in your search engine.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Finesse
Member # 16950

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dirk8:
African-American and/or Egyptian-American with 100% Native Baladi Egyptian Origins. I don't consider myself Black or White, but Only Egyptian (North African).

Interesting my uncle is the same. He doesnt like being called black or white either. he prefers simple Egyptian or "African". doesnt like "African American" either. when ask him why he said that terms like "black" or "white" are just meaningless. And agree with him now a days I rather be called African than anything else.

It would be hard to tell people that im sudanese nigerian,liberian,ethiopian,egyptian all the time

Finesse
Member # 16950

Rate Member
Thank you both.
btw Brada-Anansi what is your background? if you dont mind..

Finesse
Member # 16950

Rate Member
Thank you both.
btw Brada-Anansi what is your background? if you dont mind..

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamaican American
 -
 -
 -
 - [Cool] [Cool]

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Finesse.

Here are some Egyptians...
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
Kushites
 -

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Finesse
Member # 16950

Rate Member
^I have another question.
Where can I find loads more like these?
and nubians?

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Finesse:
^I have another question.
Where can I find loads more like these?
and nubians?

Right here on this site.

"Authentic images of NHHSW (Nehesu/Nehesi/"Nubians"
There are a TON of pictures here.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jari

Excellent series of images and I really need the
rest of the set where this one came from, please.

quote:
Originally posted by Jari-Ankhamun:
 -

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Astenb

You've got the greatest Huy series on the net!
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000010;p=2#000087
Jari's posted it but do you have similar zooms of that 3rd register?

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Jari

Excellent series of images and I really need the
rest of the set where this one came from, please.

quote:
Originally posted by Jari-Ankhamun:
 -

Sure here is the link....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/menesje/sets/72157608008967297/

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Thanks Jari

I remember going to the Met and seeing high up in
a near ceiling gallery the image I have attached
below. Notice the A3MW chief's colour. I always
wondered why he's so lightened up in other repros
when the facsimile shows him deep brown?

-

-

This is a deliberate and intentional falsification
designed to hide the chief's darker complexion
than the rest of his tribesmen.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Thanks Jari

I remember going to the Met and seeing high up in
a near ceiling gallery the image I have attached
below. Notice the A3MW chief's colour. I always
wondered why he's so lightened up in other repros
when the facsimile shows him deep brown?

- That man is the same color as the Nubians in the post above...LOL...Good find man!!

-

This is a deliberate and intentional falsification
designed to hide the chief's darker complexion
than the rest of his tribesmen.

Afronut Slayer
Member # 16637

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Afronut Slayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how is that a good find? he provides a BLOWN UP which could have been doctored. Lets see the normal photo with all characters. I suspect the dark one is a doctored photo.

--------------------
A recovering Afronut

Posts: 604 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
whine
whine
whine

Go tell the Met that Davies commissioned facsimile is doctored!

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com