EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Hebrews and black women (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hebrews and black women
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else noticed that several Hebrew characters in the Bible had relationships with black women? First, there's Joseph marrying an Egyptian. Then there's Moses marrying a Kushite. Third, there's King Solomon with the Queen of Sheba. It seems like there's a trend here.

Does anyone else know if there are other instances of Hebrew men with black women in the Bible?

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a commonly known FACT, at least to Jews and those familiar with Biblical texts that the early Israelite people have mixed extensively with blacks, if one excludes Natufian (proto-Semitic?) African ancestry among the Israelites in the first place.

Abraham's maidservant and concubine Hagar who was mother of Ishmael was Egyptian. Joseph's wife, Asenat was Egyptian though I don't doubt his brothers and fellow tribesmen married Egyptian women as his sisters and Israelite women were disproportionately few. Moses's wife Zipporah was actually not a Kushite but a member of the Kenite tribe of the Sinai region. The label of 'Kushite' is actually a misnomer due to later translations of her Hebrew description 'kushi' meaning simply 'black'. Again, it should come as no surprise if native peoples in the Sinai or even Levant region were black. The Queen of Sheba is southern Arabian origins so she being black is no surprise, though if you are referring to the 'Song of Songs' passage, it wasn't the Queen of Sheba but a woman of the Shulamite tribe-- again the occurance of blacks in the Levant. Remember Biblical texts refer to Canaanite people in general as being the progeny of Ham, so that should give you a good idea as to how prominent blacks were.

[ 27. May 2021, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: the lioness, ]

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti - at least BrandonP knows better, he is just PLAYING ignorant. So each time that nonsense is put forth, I will respond with this!

BTW Djehuti, are you still promoting the Whites turned White suddenly in Europe nonsense?

From the Black Obelisk of Assyrian King Shalmaneser III - 858 B.C.

Hebrews.

-

Wall relief depicting Assyrian King Sennacherib’s Attack and conquest of the Judean City of Lachish. British museum, London.

Hebrews.

-

Assyrian king Tiglath-pilesar III’s Assyrian warriors leading the inhabitants of a city near the Sea of Galilee, Astartu or Ashtaroth.

Hebrews.

-

Phoenician.

-

Two things are apparent, all the above people are obviously Black people.

And you two guys have a very serious case of hypocrisy.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None of those images are painted, so we can't determine their skin color.

However, I will say that the ancient Hebrews probably had a significant level of black admixture and therefore may have been darker-skinned and curlier-haired than the stereotypical Southwest Asian.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am waiting on the Scripture that says the Hebrews of the Bible were White people. White people especially the Nordics had nothing to do with the compilation of Torah and the Tenakh ...and the Greeks just translated the Epistles and converted when the Hebrews began to preach the Gospels to the Gentiles. The Hebrews are shown in the following Images...
 -

-

-

-

Now where are the White Jews at??? Why is it that the Hebrew people live amoung nothing but Blacks(Hamites) From Abraham to Yahshaya(Jesus) the Messiah...The land of the Chaldees, Canaan, Egypt,?? Why were Hamite people put into the land of Israel the Northern Kingdom after the 10 tribes were expelled...

Why is it that a religion that was accepted first by Ethiopia/Nubia and Egypt before any European Empire is now a white Religion?? Is there evidence of people putting their pictures into the Torah..Painting images of themselves???

Lets ask O' Christians...Please explain who are the following being sealed
Revelation 7

1And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

2And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

5Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

6Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.

7Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.

8Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

9After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

11And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

12Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

13And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

16They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

17For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Again, those images are unpainted. They don't prove what skin color the Hebrews had.

--------------------

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BrandonP:
None of those images are painted, so we can't determine their skin color.

However, I will say that the ancient Hebrews probably had a significant level of black admixture and therefore may have been darker-skinned and curlier-haired than the stereotypical Southwest Asian.

??? Again Where is the scripture that says the Hebrews were nothing but Brown and Black skinned like the people they lived around with according to Torah...Sure there were Hebrews that looked lighter and more Asiatic...This is seen in Egypt too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilh8QkjpCh8

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

You said the Hebrews were in the main black and posted those unpainted images as your "evidence".

I agree that the Hebrews were not white, and I agree that they were mixed with blacks, but show me good evidence that they were mostly black.

--------------------

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BrandonP - For the sake of levity, because you CAN'T be serious.

If they were NOT White, and Mongols are not known to have invaded until hundreds of years later. Two down, that leaves only Blacks mixing with Blacks. See how easy that is?

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Again, those images are unpainted. They don't prove what skin color the Hebrews had.

10 “ And in that day there shall be a Root of Jesse,
Who shall stand as a banner to the people;
For the Gentiles shall seek Him,
And His resting place shall be glorious.”
11 It shall come to pass in that day
That the Lord shall set His hand again the second time
To recover the remnant of His people who are left,
From Assyria and Mizriam,
From Pathros and Cush
From Elam and Shinar,
From Hamath and the islands of the sea.
12 He will set up a banner for the nations,
And will assemble the outcasts of Israel,
And gather together the dispersed of Judah
From the four corners of the earth.
Zephaniah...
1 The word of the LORD that came to Zephaniah son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hezekiah, during the reign of Josiah son of Amon king of Judah:
8 Therefore wait for me," declares the LORD,
"for the day I will stand up to testify. [a]
I have decided to assemble the nations,
to gather the kingdoms
and to pour out my wrath on them—
all my fierce anger.
The whole world will be consumed
by the fire of my jealous anger.

9 "Then will I purify the lips of the peoples,
that all of them may call on the name of the LORD
and serve him shoulder to shoulder.

10 From beyond the rivers of Cush
my worshipers, my scattered people,
will bring me offerings.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
You said the Hebrews were in the main black and posted those unpainted images as your "evidence".

I agree that the Hebrews were not white, and I agree that they were mixed with blacks, but show me good evidence that they were mostly black.

Tacitus-Many assure us that the Jews are descended from those Ethiopians who were driven by fear and hatred to emigrate from their home country when Cepheus was king
Exodus 2:18
18 When the girls returned to Reuel their father, he asked them, "Why have you returned so early today?"

19 They answered, "An Egyptian rescued us from the shepherds. He even drew water for us and watered the flock."

Acts 21:38
Art not thou that Egyptian, which before these days madest an uproar, and leddest out into the wilderness four thousand men that were murderers?

Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they weren't black then how come the Egyptians didn't know Moses was really an Israelite? Can you answer that?
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh God, shutup. Dummy.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Actually that is a very good question Ebony, I have never heard anyone ask it before.
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posted this on more that one occations:the remains found at Lakish:The excavacation uncovered a mass of human bones,which was estamated to from the remains of fifteen hundred individuals..remains of 695 skulls were brought to London by the British expidition...curiously,the crania indicate a close resemblance to the population of Egypt at this time...the relationships found suggest that the population of the town in 700 B.C was entirely of Egyptian origin..they show further,that the population of lakish was probably derived from upper Egypt.James e Brunson:
Yesterday  -
And today  -  -

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

It is a commonly known FACT, at least to Jews and those familiar with Biblical texts that the early Israelite people have mixed extensively with blacks, if one excludes Natufian (proto-Semitic?) African ancestry among the Israelites in the first place.

Excuse me, I thought the Israelites were "Blacks", which implies they were at least black hued originally. What do you mean by they "mixed extensively with blacks"?
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were probably every range of colour.

And maybe people should get of the identity of the Hebrews and answer the dude's question, cuz unlike the Egyptians / Kushites they did not call themselves black, similar to how my Arab buddies don't call themselves white and may even take offence (one of them calls himself black cuz of one of his parents -- grew up in the ghetto).

Maybe it'd be better were this thread entitled 'African', but then people would get on their African identity although it was already admitted even though "Africa" didn't exist back then or if it did, it signified known areas like the Maghreb and perhaps the actual kingdom Kesh (Cush may have been synonymous with the Greek Ettiopia though).

In short, i think the world then was the exact opposite then, and that the Hebrews were of all hues then, but out of Kemet they were definitely black (but this wasn't the question, which was how many cases do you know of them being with black women).

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you guys really reading this stuff? again about the remains of some the people living in the area.

The remains found at Lakish:The excavacation uncovered a mass of human bones,which was estamated to from the remains of fifteen hundred individuals..remains of 695 skulls were brought to London by the British expidition...curiously,the crania indicate a close resemblance to the population of Egypt at this time...the relationships found suggest that the population of the town in 700 B.C was entirely of Egyptian origin..they show further,that the population of lakish was probably derived from upper Egypt.James e Brunson

You guys understand the significance of the above? followed by this statement by Pliny The Elder-Roman Naturalist....

That Syria was once the domain of Cepheus, an Ethiopian king,Tacitus wrote that the Romans beleived that the Jews originated in Ethiopia but fled the persecutions of the King. Strabo,even earlier,stressed that that people of Western Judea was Africiod:

But although the inhibatance are mixed up thus,the most accerdited reports in regards to the people of Jerusalem reperesents the ancestors of the present Judeans as they are called Egyptians.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brandon, I hope you did not miss my reply!

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

Abraham's maidservant and concubine Hagar who was mother of Ishmael was Egyptian. Joseph's wife, Asenat was Egyptian though I don't doubt his brothers and fellow tribesmen married Egyptian women as his sisters and Israelite women were disproportionately few. Moses's wife Zipporah was actually not a Kushite but a member of the Kenite tribe of the Sinai region. The label of 'Kushite' is actually a misnomer due to later translations of her Hebrew description 'kushi' meaning simply 'black'. Again, it should come as no surprise if native peoples in the Sinai or even Levant region were black. The Queen of Sheba is southern Arabian origins so she being black is no surprise, though if you are referring to the 'Song of Songs' passage, it wasn't the Queen of Sheba but a woman of the Shulamite tribe-- again the occurance of blacks in the Levant. Remember Biblical texts refer to Canaanite people in general as being the progeny of Ham, so that should give you a good idea as to how prominent blacks were.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

Djehuti - at least BrandonP knows better, he is just PLAYING ignorant. So each time that nonsense is put forth, I will respond with this!

I don't think he's "playing" anything. He just asked a simple question. Why are you so quick to judge and be paranoid of one white boy's queries??

quote:
BTW Djehuti, are you still promoting the Whites turned White suddenly in Europe nonsense?
Who said anything about "suddenly"? Whiteness in Europeans came to be out a gradual process called EVOLUTION. I suggest you look it up! But I take it you still believe whites aren't native to Europe but suddenly entered there from Asia which before that came from what outerspace??

quote:
...Wall relief depicting Assyrian King Sennacherib’s Attack and conquest of the Judean City of Lachish. British museum, London.

Hebrews.

-

I will give you this ^ That studies of Judaean skulls in Lachish show African affinities as was discussed by Takruri on several occasians. Which really does not refute my point about black Canaanites or Levantine people at all that were infused into the Israelites and/or their ancestors.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because he can't believe his deity inhabited the
body of a black human being Brandon must make the
Hebrews to have been other than black. Though a
few were other than black the vast majority were
black, the kind of black that inhabited the east
end of the Mediterranean.

Brandon keeps bringing this issue up as if it hasn't
been dealt with before like here for instance. He
wants
to wish it all away as whacky Afrocentrism never realizing
his own Eurocentrism blinds him to the truth so he
broaches
this thread with its header that tries to make Hebrews
distinct from blacks.

I'm pleased to see all the responses that set Brandon
straight once again about the colour and phenotype of
the Hebrews. Too many are aware of the facts and aren't
sitting still for a coverup of the truth.

No matter what archaeological and ancient documents
you show Brandon he will cling to his belief that the
Hebrews were not black.

quote:

No matter what scientific data you show them, the Eurocentrists will still cling to their belief that the ancient Egyptians and Nubians were "Mediterraneanids". And no matter what scientific data you show them, the Afrocentrists will still cling to their belief that all historically significant peoples from the Hebrews to the Olmecs to the Chinese were black. Neither will listen to facts! It's like arguing with creationists!

Human beings are capable of great stupidity.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are Roman catacomb paintings depicting Jews. Here's
your boy Yoshke and his posse from Domitilla's catacombs.

-  -

Now that's how how early 'white' Italian Christians
painted Jesus and his Disciples. Is that black enough
for you? And that's centuries removed from the time
of the Hebrews. Can you see why Tacitus wrote down
the majority opinion that Jews were from Ethiopians?

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Wow, Takruri. Are there any more?
Afronut Slayer
Member # 16637

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Afronut Slayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the hebrews were black heh? tell me if blacks have this kind of hair trait...

1Cr 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for [her] hair is given her for a covering.

In the above vrs., Paul refers to an hebrewess who is given a particular hair type that is likened to a veil. Now pay attn. to this photo -

-

Please show me a subsaharan afrikan woman (black woman) being able to do this with the type of hair she has.

--------------------
A recovering Afronut

Posts: 604 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Afronut Slayer
Member # 16637

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Afronut Slayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you delusional? those do not look afrikan black. They look mediterranean.You can even see the curly hair of Jesus.

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
There are Roman catacomb paintings depicting Jews. Here's
your boy Yoshke and his posse from Domitilla's catacombs.

-

Now that's how how early 'white' Italian Christians
painted Jesus and his Disciples. Is that black enough
for you? And that's centuries removed from the time
of the Hebrews. Can you see why Tacitus wrote down
the majority opinion that Jews were from Ethiopians?

Posts: 604 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
For those with attention deficit disorder or plain
out disinformers:

-  -

quote:
... the kind of black that inhabited the east
end of the Mediterranean.

Idiots and haters transform that into sub-saharan
to fuel their own fires.

The Church of Corinth were once pagan Greeks, no Jews.
Paul is inconsequential to Hebrews. If there were
such a person (oto tamiydh) we have nothing from
him written in Hebrew. Paul appealed to the non-Jews and
made up a new religion for them. Hebrew women wore real
veils woven from natural materials. To this day married
Israelite women cover their hair revealing it only when
at home among family. The brazen hussy in that pic is
not the Hebrew ideal. The Judahite women of Lachish are
properly veiled in the traditional Hebrew manner (looks
like the headcover of a Catholic nun's habit).

An impeccable Hebrew source (not even Aramaic) is
the Pirqe de Ribbi Eli`ezer who classed the entire
Shemitic people as black.

Shem was especially blessed black and beautiful,
Hham was blessed black like the raven, and
Yapheth was blessed white all over.

There's only one authentic set of contemporary images
of Judahites and that is Sennacherib's reliefs of the
conquest of Lachish. The hair of the Judahites is nappy.

As a refresher of what was forgotten though only
posted a few days ago by more than one member ...

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Jewish folklore has it that a voice from heaven (bat qol)
declared everything that Ribbi Eli`ezer said was correct.

Fig 1 Three "chief elders" of the Judaean city Lachish bow before Sennacherib.
From James B. Pritchard's THE ANCIENT NEAR EAST VOL I net copyright © 1997 YYT al~Takruri
 -
 -

Figs 2&3 Defeated Judahite soldiery of Lachish (closeup profiles and fuller scene)
 -  -  -  -

Viewers of Assyrian art notice the very similar features shared by Elamites
and Israelites. Many printed and web sources have in fact mistakenly
used Assyrian portraiture of Elamites as Judahites. Mind you, the series
from Sennacherib's palace in Nineveh are the only indisputably
authentic and oldest (circa 700 BCE) images of "Jews."

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Both white people and black people biased against Jews
and even most European Ashkenazi Jews themselves
hate to deal with the reality of the physical features
of the Y*hudiym/Judahites/Jews in the 8th century BCE
depicted above.

What serves to confirm the ethnic reality depicted
by Judah's Assyrian conquerers is the discovery of
an ossuary at Lachish dated to the time of the
conquest. It is the largest sample of Israelite
remains and comes from a city that was populated
the previous 500 years by Israelites. 695 crania of
all ages and both genders were uncovered.

D. L. Risdon in BIOMETRIKA 1939 31:99-166 reports
the Lachish cranial series has its closest resemblance
to the 4th dynasty series from Deshasheh and Medum
in Lower Egypt and the 18th dynasty samples from Thebes
and Abydos in Upper Egypt. Cranial samples from other
Palestinian sites (Gezer, Megiddo) agree with the Lachish
cranium. Thus we have a clear African "racial" continuum
in the Hebrews and Egyptians.

The phrase "black and beautiful" ( sh*hhora w*nawa )
originates from a Hebrew document, Song of Songs 1:5,
where an Israelite woman from Shunem exclaims her sun
enhanced ebon beauty to some color and class struck
dusky members of the royal household who kept themselves
behind palace walls out of sunlight. For the Shulammite to
have tanned black she must have already been very brown.

In the midrash (Hebrew legendary lore) Shem teamed up with
Hham in the war against Yapheth, progenitor of the northern
people of pallour. The PIRQE DE RIBBI ELI`EZER 28a classes
Shem with people of colour. It says that Shem was especially
blessed black and beautiful, Hham was blessed black like the
raven, and Yapheth was blessed white all over.

Josephus, a Judahite writer of the 1st century CE,
agrees with the Egyptian Cherilus' description of
Israelites conscripted into Xerxes' army as having
the visage of "smoke hardened horseheads." This
refered to their high cheekbones and prominent jaws,
as seen in the conquest of Lachish depictions, and
their smokey "soot" dark complexions (Against Apion I.22).

Tacitus, a younger contemporary of Josephus, lists
common Roman opinions on Jewish origins. He wrote
that many were assured Judahites were descendents
of Kushites (The Histories V.2). Is this a view lurking
within Amos 9:7?
quote:
Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD.
Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor,
and the Syrians from Kir?

The idea that the Israelites were some kind of Caucasian
comes from viewing too many European Renaissance fanciful
paintings of Bible stories and East Mediterranean idylls.

If anti-black prejudice and affiliation with Caucasians in
preference to other Shemites and the Hhamites entered
Judaism it may be because, as worded by Dio Cassius,
Roman History 37:17:1 "other men, who, although of a
different race, have adopted the laws of the people."

Though for the most part enjoying amicable relations
today the still darker skinned Jews of the Maghreb,
Ethiopia, Yemen, and India, occasionally suffer
discrimination at the hands of the descendents of
those who adopted the laws of the people and came,
through the vicissitudes of history, to take over the
leadership of `Am Yisra'el (the People Israel).

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Catacomb frescos vary. The majority show whites.
Contrast this Last Supper fresco to the one above

-  -

Biblical Archeaology Review or Bible Review had on
article on Jesus the Magician (complete with magic
wand) where I remember seeing him as a black eastern
Mediterranean (as per the Roman artist who made the
painting). I likewise remember a fresco of Moses also
as an east Mediterranean black.

I'm sorry I no longer have the magazines but the Biblical
Archaeology Society has put back issues on CD. This would be
before 1995. Maybe you can get it via interlibrary loan at
a university?

quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:
Wow, Takruri. Are there any more?

BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
Both white people and black people biased against Jews
and even most European Ashkenazi Jews themselves
hate to deal with the reality of the physical features
of the Y*hudiym/Judahites/Jews in the 8th century BCE
depicted above.

What serves to confirm the ethnic reality depicted
by Judah's Assyrian conquerers is the discovery of
an ossuary at Lachish dated to the time of the
conquest. It is the largest sample of Israelite
remains and comes from a city that was populated
the previous 500 years by Israelites. 695 crania of
all ages and both genders were uncovered.

D. L. Risdon in BIOMETRIKA 1939 31:99-166 reports
the Lachish cranial series has its closest resemblance
to the 4th dynasty series from Deshasheh and Medum
in Lower Egypt and the 18th dynasty samples from Thebes
and Abydos in Upper Egypt. Cranial samples from other
Palestinian sites (Gezer, Megiddo) agree with the Lachish
cranium. Thus we have a clear African "racial" continuum
in the Hebrews and Egyptians.

The phrase "black and beautiful" ( sh*hhora w*nawa )
originates from a Hebrew document, Song of Songs 1:5,
where an Israelite woman from Shunem exclaims her sun
enhanced ebon beauty to some color and class struck
dusky members of the royal household who kept themselves
behind palace walls out of sunlight. For the Shulammite to
have tanned black she must have already been very brown.

In the midrash (Hebrew legendary lore) Shem teamed up with
Hham in the war against Yapheth, progenitor of the northern
people of pallour. The PIRQE DE RIBBI ELI`EZER 28a classes
Shem with people of colour. It says that Shem was especially
blessed black and beautiful, Hham was blessed black like the
raven, and Yapheth was blessed white all over.

Josephus, a Judahite writer of the 1st century CE,
agrees with the Egyptian Cherilus' description of
Israelites conscripted into Xerxes' army as having
the visage of "smoke hardened horseheads." This
refered to their high cheekbones and prominent jaws,
as seen in the conquest of Lachish depictions, and
their smokey "soot" dark complexions (Against Apion I.22).

Tacitus, a younger contemporary of Josephus, lists
common Roman opinions on Jewish origins. He wrote
that many were assured Judahites were descendents
of Kushites (The Histories V.2). Is this a view lurking
within Amos 9:7?
quote:
Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD.
Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor,
and the Syrians from Kir?

The idea that the Israelites were some kind of Caucasian
comes from viewing too many European Renaissance fanciful
paintings of Bible stories and East Mediterranean idylls.

If anti-black prejudice and affiliation with Caucasians in
preference to other Shemites and the Hhamites entered
Judaism it may be because, as worded by Dio Cassius,
Roman History 37:17:1 "other men, who, although of a
different race, have adopted the laws of the people."

Though for the most part enjoying amicable relations
today the still darker skinned Jews of the Maghreb,
Ethiopia, Yemen, and India, occasionally suffer
discrimination at the hands of the descendents of
those who adopted the laws of the people and came,
through the vicissitudes of history, to take over the
leadership of `Am Yisra'el (the People Israel).

I declare defeat. You've convinced me that the original Hebrews were indeed a black people. In fact, I think I might write another article discussing the Hebrews' phenotype using some of your sources.
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Bronon P
quote:
I declare defeat
If we all gain then there is no defeat we all win.
great write up Altakruri... It now seems if folks want to play the mixed cacassoid bit they may indeed have to travel well north.. outside the boarders of Kemet to find such. For although the inhabitance are mixed-up thus the most accredited reports in regards to the people of Jerusalem reperesents the ancestors of the present Judeans,as they are called Egyptians ;
Strabo.

Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[kahanyah writes]:

the hebrews were black heh?

-
http://www.beforebc.de/400_neareast/02-16-500-SM.bab-01.html

--------------------
The nature of homelife is the fate of the nation.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
bump
Zioncity
Member # 18034

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zioncity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proof the real judeans were blacks? We can now officially classify those other "jews" as white people public service announcement
Posts: 43 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
This Assyrian carving at Lachish shows Jews being led inton exile by Sargon's son Sennacherib after Hezekiah's failed revolot (701 BC). This is one of the earliest images of the Hebrew people.

-

^^^^Assyrian with_______________^^^exact same features as Israelites captives
styled beard and hair,

proves....

nothing

-  -

-  -

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zioncity
Member # 18034

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zioncity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lioness out of all the info why choose the wall relief alone to prove your point? You obviously are one of those white people I was referring to. What about the skeletons found at Lacish? Also as noted above

Pliny The Elder-Roman Naturalist....

"That Syria was once the domain of Cepheus, an Ethiopian king,Tacitus wrote that the Romans beleived that the Jews originated in Ethiopia but fled the persecutions of the King. Strabo,even earlier,stressed that that people of Western Judea was Africiod:"

So the bible says they were equal in appearance to Ethiopians and other kushittes. The Romans Historians who wrote about them say the same thing and the Anthropology prove it. There is no argument left only denial.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zioncity:
Lioness out of all the info why choose the wall relief alone to prove your point?

do you have eyes sir? there are five items there.

secondly, my point is not that they prove something.
My point is that they don't.

All five are legitimate artifacts, deal with it.
You prefer the guys with beards only? That's your problem.
Check out the Assyrians, they have beards too

African cultures for some reason usually don't have beards but there could be exceptions

*ES doesn't recognize the term "Africoid" (variation of "Negroid")

native Israeli
 -

-

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ancient Mosaic of Galileans:

-

Nothing dark or black about them. They had fair skin and many with blonde or red hair.

The Afrocentrics really need to get out of fantasy-cuckoo land and actually look at the mosaics and physical types from ancient sources.

Posts: 1575 | From: - | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMAO @ Lioness and her "native Israelis".
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Plus those depictions Lyingass shows were presented countless times in this forum. She goes into "features" because they obviously are not painted and thus don't show any skin color let alone non-black.
quote:
Originally posted by Anglo_Pyramidologist:

Ancient Mosaic of Galileans:

-

Nothing dark or black about them. They had fair skin and many with blonde or red hair.

And what evidence do you have that these people were natives of the area as opposed to Greco-Roman colonists?? You realize that Galilee during the time of Jesus had a large immigrant community, do you? I guess not.

quote:
The Afrocentrics really need to get out of fantasy-cuckoo land and actually look at the mosaics and physical types from ancient sources.
You idiot, such types of evidence you brought up was already cited! Or did you not bother to look at the entire thread??
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UPDATE: Hebrews and Black Women

Dominique Strauss-Kahn and black chambermaid from Guinea, West Africa. This is not in the Bible--hence you get the raw truth.

The IMF has been raping Africa for decades now--so this rape is just another "plus ca change--plus c'est la meme chose...."

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bishop
Member # 16652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bishop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible is filled with so called negroes in it. Infact all the Israelites were black people.

Zephaniah 1

The word of the LORD which came unto Zephaniah the son of CUSHI.

Acts 13:1

Now there were in the church at Antioch prophets and teachers, Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen a member of the court of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

Paul the Apostle was called an Egyptian:

Acts 21:38

Art not thou that Egyptian, which before these days made an uproar, and led out into the wilderness four thousand men that were murderers?

The Israelites Went to West Africa Part 1 of 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94CWcNmoyZ4

Posts: 108 | From: LA | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Anyone who uses this, either as pro or con African origin for (a portion of) the Israelites, is delusional. The only way for things to get slightly more ambiguous than it already is at present, is if the Hebrews had the same longer ''dots'' of hair as the Assyrians.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bishop
Member # 16652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bishop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The entire bible is a negro bible, the only whites it mentions are those whom were cursed.

Infact The Prophet Jeremiah in Lamentations 5:10 said that the entire nation of Israelites were black.

"Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine."

Now we all know that black people turn darker because of sun.

Posts: 108 | From: LA | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you ever met a sane black person who connects his past tense blackness to his hunger?

I haven't.

Use your brain for a second.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bishop
Member # 16652

Rate Member
Have you ever met a sane person who speaks before he thinks?

Use your brain for a second

"black like an oven"

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Good luck trying to keep people away from the following verses in your attempts to make all hebrews ''Negro'':

1 Samuel 16:12
1 Samuel 17:42
Song of Solomon 5:10
Lamentations 4:7-9
(the above passage of Lamentations rips your interpretation to shreds)

Bishop
Member # 16652

Rate Member
Ruddy means to be youthful

1 Samuel 16:12

And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he.

1Sa 17:42

And when the Philistine looked about, and saw David, he disdained him: for he was a youth, and ruddy, and of a fair countenance.

He was a young handsome man. Why would the Philistines who are standing afar off be making fun of him because he is white. The scritptues purely say's that they were making fun of him becaue of his youth and he was a handsome young man out their trying to fight men. "You a pretty boy" lol Sorry but black people do that today. We say things like "he a pretty boy, i don't wanna have to bruise him up"

Europeans alway's trying to rewrite history LMAO!!

The LORD doesn't look at skin color He already knew they were black. Oh an incase you didn't know black people come in all shades of brown; from the darkest of browns unto the lightest of browns.

Amos 9:7

His son Solomon said:

I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me

And white in the below vs means to be pure/glow/shine/dazzling/clear.

Song of Solomon 5:10

My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand.

The word white there is not talking about skin use your brain. The hebrew meaning of the word is talking about him standing out amongest thousands.

Bishop
Member # 16652

Rate Member
Lamentations 4:7-9

7Her Nazarites were purer than snow, they were whiter than milk, they were more ruddy in body than rubies, their polishing was of sapphire:

8Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick.

9They that be slain with the sword are better than they that be slain with hunger: for these pine away, stricken through for want of the fruits of the field.

Vs 7 is talking about righteousness

Vs 8 Key word "VISAGE" חשך chashak to have a dark colour,to be or become dark, grow dim, be darkened, be black, be hidden

VISAGE - the face, countenance, or appearance of a person

You just got knocked the **** out mannnnnneee!LOL

"Have you ever met a sane black person who connects his past tense blackness to his hunger?

I haven't.

Use your brain for a second."

lol...Hmmm I think i have

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Your interpretations of the cited passages are willful and random. Basically, all you did was explaining the same word (ruddy) away with everything under the sun, as if its some kind of magical word that translates into everything other than what it means per definition; a red tone. This is what I mean with ''use your brain'', you quacks couldn't apply common sense if your life depended on it. You people are the reason Afrocentrism has become a bussword to make a charicature out of everyone who is genuine about studying black history. You don't even have your facts straight. The person who is described in SoS 5:10 is not Solomon

quote:
Ruddy means to be youthful
quote:
The hebrew meaning of the word is talking about him standing out amongest thousands.
quote:
Why would the Philistines who are standing afar off be making fun of him because he is white.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com