EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Scruffypair (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Scruffypair
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer:
This is the biggest bunch of baloney I have ever heard. First, we have posters here who are obsessed with race, who talk about nothing BUT race. They then turn right around and tell us race does not exist. The spin kings here use what serves them best at any given time.
They then totally misunderstand what anthropology is trying to say about race. On the level where they work race is not helpful but every single one knows and understands the difference between Aretha franklin and Peyton Manning. Come on Djehuti, you can do better than this.

^ I think I agree with the first paragraph BUT not the second one.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hammered:

This is the biggest bunch of baloney I have ever heard. First, we have posters here who are obsessed with race, who talk about nothing BUT race. They then turn right around and tell us race does not exist. The spin kings here use what serves them best at any given time.

If repeating and reaffirming the FACT that ancient Egyptians were black Africans, is what you consider "obsessing" over race then you are WRONG as usual since black African is not a 'race' but a perfectly accurate phenotypical and geographical/ethnological description. The Egyptians were indigenous Africans and color-wise they were indeed black. This has no bearing on the fact that anthropologically and scientifically overall humans cannot be divided into racial groups!

quote:
They then totally misunderstand what anthropology is trying to say about race. On the level where they work race is not helpful but every single one knows and understands the difference between Aretha franklin and Peyton Manning. Come on Djehuti, you can do better than this.
And exactly where is the misunderstanding?? Anthropology is very clear-- race as a scientific entity does not exist! This was shown in multiple threads in the past years, including most recently here and here. Or can you not comprehend what was written by the experts, 'professor'? [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StTigray
Member # 16910

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for StTigray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer:

So how did you develop your feelings of Inferiority from whence they come?
Posts: 163 | From: United States | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com