EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Do Environment Influence Culture

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do Environment Influence Culture
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what causes some cultures to have a bright sunny and inviting desposition..and others cold and xenophobic. Now without getting too much into the ice-man inheritance bit..It does seems that Northerners are traditionally more likely to be more xenophobic than Southerners...and folks who lives in desert waste tends to have a little of both. females and girls are seen as a hinderance and a burden.

Checking out Diop and others he said the environment causes some cultures to be individualistic where the rights of the individual ie the male is paramount above all else..where as in southern environs the rights of the group takes presidence over the individual. What's mine is mine and constant warfare and the struggle to survive cause suspection and xenophobia walls must be erected to keep your neighbours at bay...trust no one.
When I die I should have a sword in my hand so as to go on to fight in valhalla forever.

There are exceptions however in that if the northern sociaties say like the inuits who traditionally lives in small groups and the San and Khoi khoi who lives in a desert but in small groups that agressiveness and individualism is minimal.

But for most Southerners communalism is the norm where in a land of relative aboundance every thing is to be shared...females are seen as valuable and even at times holds positions of supreme authoriety..and the general philosophy is taken from an ancient Kemetic saying

Eat Drink And Be Merry For Tomorrow We Die;

Desret or Northern people philosophy

By The Sweat Of Thy Brow Thu Shalt Earn Thy Bread

Part of the living example is Southern folks attitude to their family back home often times they send a large part of their income to support entire families..extended that is. and Northerners put all their income in the bank.

If I am off base here let me know..

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right on target Brada-Anasi.

Ten thousand years locked up in the prison of ice and cold...not knowing the sun, not knowing the warmth, not seeing vegetations and hot springs, creeks and streams...

Well 10,000 years of cold and darkness, would definitely do something to your collective psyche...

The LGM theory explains it all.

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are you having conversations with your alter ego(s)? You're insane! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Are we going somewhere or are you going to keep annoying me with your boring lectures professor-warrior??

Posts: 368 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^oooh...you are so gaaayyy!

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Yo Mama is gay. Coming up you were confused, your mama kissing a girl [Big Grin]

--------------------
Are we going somewhere or are you going to keep annoying me with your boring lectures professor-warrior??

Posts: 368 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well people who lives in harsh environments with large population and few natural resources probably produce similar harsh cultures...the desert people also has this gloomy out look where their god is a jealous god,who brook no competion, I remember I asked one dance teacher about why some southern people in a fertality fashion with the hip swaying like you see in Africa and their decendants and the Pacific Islands..and was told those kinds of dances were celebration of some kind of harvest or fertility rites..and the other kind where folks tends move around in a circle tends to hunters or nomads hence we end up with Northerners doing the waltz and Southerners doing the Hula,belly dancing and the like.

And I am not saying that this necesserly a Black/white thing because i don't recall the San doing the hip swaying thing..and I am willing to bet that the Black Asians who once lived in the far north of China did not do that either.

Another thing is cremation southerner rearly treat the dead in such a manner..but according to Diop northerners or more prone to do so being that they tend to be nomads for much of their history where they had no fix abode..but southern agricultural sociaties are horrified of burning their dead..hence in Kemet we have the dead preserved as much as possible,and when one sees Southerners burning their dead is indictive of Northern influence and Northerners doing the reverse is influence from the South.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Brada-Ananzi, tell me [Cool]

What does the "winter solstice" mean to you? Does it mean the birth/re-birth of Christ as it meant to the Christians of old?

Many Christians (at least the ones I know) don't know what "winter solstice" is and quite frankly do not care to know. But one thing they do know is that Dec. 25th is the birthday of Christ.

Also, I've been reading a lot about the "Anti-Christ" and I think it's even mentioned in the Holy Bible a couple times (not sure though).

Would it not be logical then that the death of the Anti-Christ is Dec. 25th and his birth, well, the day Jesus perished (in body) at Golgotha?

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The winter solistice..is simply the shortest day of the year and long nights..so it's an astronomical event, It is also the birthday of other Gods like Horus.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Very interesting .. but @ Heru, i've read that Yahoshua ben Yoseph was likely not born on the Winter Solstice which coincided with Saturnalia which had something to do with partying/worshipping for Roman gods to not kill us all ... but instead was likely born sometime in the spring.

Could maybe the anti-christs birthday be on the Winter Solstice?

By the way, i defnitli sense there's some Colder and Warmer climate influence to culture characterists.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
^ Stop talking sh1t man, I'm not in the mood for your cryptography today, is that OK lil' bro ? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^bump...

Spring is when the Son dies and is reborn (both times in Spring) -- just as Osiris was given life twice infact.

As for the Sun dying, it dies each dawn and is born each morning

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Will post more on this later..thanks for reserecting the thread "pun" intended.. [Big Grin]
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brada, one problem I have with this hypothesis is some southern groups like the Zulu have a culture totally built upon warfare. How would you explain their hostile warlike desposition when compaired to other African and southern groups. The Zulu group are still isolationist and tend to settle affairs on their own.

How does one explain the Innuit whom have a very peaceful culture and no warlike instances.

Another devitation is some Indo-European groups,such as the Celts,despite being warlike,had a very egalitarian view on children and women. In more southern European cultures they wer devalued and considered chattel attached to men. The same was true for other Barbarian groups as described by Greco-Roman authors.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com