EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The ancient Persian "AFRO" (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The ancient Persian "AFRO"
Afronut Slayer
Member # 16637

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Afronut Slayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is especially for the Afronuts who when viewing ancient Persian artwork, seem to confuse Persians for African Negros because of the hair.

Here is an example of a Persian "AFRO..."

-

**Culture Vulture is not cool

Posts: 604 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for starting your own thread and stop polluting others.

But this man's hair is no comparision to
 -
This
 -
which is comparable to this
 - or this
 -
Although I-am not making a case for the Persian guy..but maybe his daddy was black.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Afronut Slayer:
This is especially for the Afronuts who when viewing ancient Persian artwork, seem to confuse Persians for African Negros because of the hair.

-

AAAAHHHHH You are so fvcking dumb! "AFRO" ROFL

-

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brada-Anansi - Am I to take it that you have joined Afroidiot in the lunacy of depicting Parthians as Persians?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing man, 1st–2nd century a.d.; Parthian period
Iran
Gray stone

H. 30 1/4 in. (76.8 cm)
Rogers Fund, 1951 (51.72.1)

This fragmentary stone relief of a standing man is a product of the resurgence of an Eastern aesthetic in Parthian art.

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Afronut Slayer
Member # 16637

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Afronut Slayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Afro-idiot, let us try this again.

[-----BEGIN QUOTE------]

"The Parthian Empire is a fascinating period of Persian history closely connected to Greece and Rome. Ruling from 247 B.C. to A.D. 228 in ancient Persia (Iran)..." (http://www.parthia.com/)

[-----END QUOTE---------]

[-----BEGIN QUOTE-------]

"Iran is home to one of the world's oldest continuous major civilizations, with historical and urban settlements dating back to 4000 BC.[3] The Medes unified Iran as a nation and empire in 625 BC.[4][4] Achaemenid Empire (550–330 BC) was the first of the Iranian empires to rule in Middle east and central Asia. They were succeeded by the Seleucid Empire, Parthians and Sassanids which governed Iran for almost 1,000 years." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_history)

[-------END QUOTE--------]

quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
Brada-Anansi - Am I to take it that you have joined Afroidiot in the lunacy of depicting Parthians as Persians?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing man, 1st–2nd century a.d.; Parthian period
Iran
Gray stone

H. 30 1/4 in. (76.8 cm)
Rogers Fund, 1951 (51.72.1)

This fragmentary stone relief of a standing man is a product of the resurgence of an Eastern aesthetic in Parthian art.

-

Posts: 604 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You Stupid, Stupid, little Boy;
Parthia and Persia are NOT the same!!!

Parthia

The borders of Parthia were the Kopet Dag mountain range in the north (today the border between Iran and Turkmenistan) and the Dasht-e-Kavir desert in the south. In the west was Media, in the northwest Hyrcania, in the northeast Margiana, in the southeast Aria. (The road from Media through Parthia to Margiana is the famous Silk Road.) On the other side of the southern desert was Persia proper.

Assyrian texts mention a country named Partakka or Partukka in the seventh century B.C. at an unknown time, its inhabitants were subjugated by the Medes, who ruled until they were subdued by the Persian leader Cyrus the Great in 550 B.C. For the next two centuries, Parthia was part of the Achaemenid Persian Empire.

In 522/521 B.C, after the coup d' état of the Persian king Darius I, Parthia revolted against the Persians, joining the Median rebel king Phraortes. The Persian satrap of Parthia was Hystaspes, the father of the new Persian king Darius; he managed to stand his ground against the Parthian rebels in the city of Vishpauzâtish, where he repelled his enemies on March 8, 521 B.C. After his victory, Parthia was pacified again.

The Parni

In 245 B.C, a satrap named Andragoras, revolted from the young Seleucid king Seleucus II, who had just succeeded to the throne. In the confusion, Parthia was attacked by the Parni, a nomadic tribe from the Central-Asian steppe. By 238 B.C, the Parni occupied the district known as Astavene. Three years later, a Parnian leader named Tiridates ventured further south and seized the rest of Parthia. A counter-offensive by king SeleucusII ended in disaster, and Hyrcania was also subdued by the Parni. Their capital was Hecatompylus.

From now on, the Parni were known as Parthians. In the years that followed, their kings -Arsaces I, Arsaces II, Phriapathus, Phraates I- recognized the Seleucid king as their superiors, but under Mithradates I (171-138 B.C.) they conquered Media, Babylonia, and Elam. Thus creating the Parthian empire, which was to last until 224 A.D, when it was conquered by the Persian Sassanians.

Did you get this part from above idiot! the Parni, a nomadic tribe from the Central-Asian steppe morphed with the Parthians and became one people.

You Stupid, Stupid, little Boy

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Afronut Slayer
Member # 16637

Member Rated:
You really are a dumb prick. No one is comparing persian and parthian empires. I freggin gave you the quotes! Both empires belong to the People of that land (iran)! because the people of that land produced both kingdoms!! You stupid dumb fvck! Parthians were the same stock as persians!!!!! Same genetic ancestry you piece of Afro-scum!

quote:
You Stupid, Stupid, little Boy;
Parthia and Persia are NOT the same!!!

Parthia

The borders of Parthia were the Kopet Dag mountain range in the north (today the border between Iran and Turkmenistan) and the Dasht-e-Kavir desert in the south. In the west was Media, in the northwest Hyrcania, in the northeast Margiana, in the southeast Aria. (The road from Media through Parthia to Margiana is the famous Silk Road.) On the other side of the southern desert was Persia proper.

Assyrian texts mention a country named Partakka or Partukka in the seventh century B.C. at an unknown time, its inhabitants were subjugated by the Medes, who ruled until they were subdued by the Persian leader Cyrus the Great in 550 B.C. For the next two centuries, Parthia was part of the Achaemenid Persian Empire.

In 522/521 B.C, after the coup d' état of the Persian king Darius I, Parthia revolted against the Persians, joining the Median rebel king Phraortes. The Persian satrap of Parthia was Hystaspes, the father of the new Persian king Darius; he managed to stand his ground against the Parthian rebels in the city of Vishpauzâtish, where he repelled his enemies on March 8, 521 B.C. After his victory, Parthia was pacified again.

The Parni

In 245 B.C, a satrap named Andragoras, revolted from the young Seleucid king Seleucus II, who had just succeeded to the throne. In the confusion, Parthia was attacked by the Parni, a nomadic tribe from the Central-Asian steppe. By 238 B.C, the Parni occupied the district known as Astavene. Three years later, a Parnian leader named Tiridates ventured further south and seized the rest of Parthia. A counter-offensive by king SeleucusII ended in disaster, and Hyrcania was also subdued by the Parni. Their capital was Hecatompylus.

From now on, the Parni were known as Parthians. In the years that followed, their kings -Arsaces I, Arsaces II, Phriapathus, Phraates I- recognized the Seleucid king as their superiors, but under Mithradates I (171-138 B.C.) they conquered Media, Babylonia, and Elam. Thus creating the Parthian empire, which was to last until 224 A.D, when it was conquered by the Persian Sassanians.

Did you get this part from above idiot! the Parni, a nomadic tribe from the Central-Asian steppe morphed with the Parthians and became one people.

You Stupid, Stupid, little Boy

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
The road from Media through Parthia to Margiana is the famous Silk Road. On the other side of the southern desert was Persia proper.

a nomadic tribe from the Central-Asian steppe morphed with the Parthians and became one people.

Afroidiot - Which part of the hi-lighted don't you understand??

Afronut Slayer
Member # 16637

Member Rated:
Hey Afro-prick, please do tell us the origin or ancestry of the parthians. After all, you are claiming the parthians and persians are different people.

quote:
The road from Media through Parthia to Margiana is the famous Silk Road. On the other side of the southern desert was Persia proper.

a nomadic tribe from the Central-Asian steppe morphed with the Parthians and became one people.

Afroidiot - Which part of the hi-lighted don't you understand??

Afronut Slayer
Member # 16637

Member Rated:
For those sincere students of history, I present to you the right and exact info. on the Parthians.

Quote 1: "The Parthians were a subgroup of the nomadic steppe culture known to us as the Scythians" (http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/numismatics/parthia/frames/phisfm.htm).

Quote 2: " The Scythians or Scyths (Greek: Σκύθης, Σκύθοι) were an Ancient Iranian people of horse-riding nomadic pastoralists" (The New Encyclopedia Britannica, 15th edition—Micropaedia on "Scythian", 10:576 )

Now why am I bringing this up? There is a nutcase Afro-a*shole who is hell bent on denying this historical fact. This Afro-fool thinks persians and parthians are seperate people, when in fact all scholars recognize the two as one ancestral line of people, whose descendants are today's Iranian people.

Who? you may ask is this nutcase that denies this obvious fact? He goes by the name "Mike111." Perhaps one of you can knock some sense into this Afro-fool's head.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Afroidiot - For once in your life you did something intelligent - You asked me for help.

Then you go and fuch it up, by trying to answer the question for yourself - what an asshole!

Afroidiot - even you MUST know that this makes no sense "The Parthians were a subgroup of the nomadic steppe culture known to us as the Scythians": (Nomadic Steppe people are from CENTRAL ASIA - asshole!!!

THEREFORE THEY CANNOT ALSO BE AN ANCIENT IRANIAN PEOPLE - ASSHOLE!!!

Where on Earth did you find people even stupider than you???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PARTHIA

Parthia is a region of north-eastern Iran, best known for having been the political and cultural base of the Arsacid dynasty, rulers of the Parthian Empire.

Parthia roughly corresponds to the western half of (Greater) Khorasan. It was bordered by the Kopet Dag mountain range in the north (today the border between Iran and Turkmenistan) and the Dasht-e-Kavir desert in the south. It bordered Media on the west, Hyrcania on the north west, Margiana on the north east, and Aria on the south east.

During Arsacid times, Parthia was united with Hyrcania (which today lies partly in Iran and partly in Turkmenistan) as one administrative unit, and that region is therefore often (subject to context) considered a part of Parthia proper.

As the region inhabited by Parthians, Parthia first appears as a political entity in Achaemenid Persian lists of governates ("satrapies") under their dominion. Prior to this, the people of the region seem to have been subjects of the Medes. (The Parsua and Medes melded to form the Persians).

In 247 BCE, following the death of Antiochus II, Ptolemy III seized control of the Seleucid capital at Antioch, and "so left the future of the Seleucid dynasty for a moment in question. Taking advantage of the uncertain political situation, Andragoras, the Seleucid governor of Parthia, proclaimed his independence and began minting his own coins.

Meanwhile, "a man called Arsaces, of Scythian or Bactrian origin, [was] elected leader of the Parni" an eastern-Iranian peoples from the Tajen/Tajend River valley, south-east of the Caspian Sea. Following the secession of Parthia from the Seleucid Empire and the resultant loss of Seleucid military support, Andragoras had difficulty in maintaining his borders, and about 238 BCE - under the command of "Arsaces and his brother Tiridates" - the Parni invaded Parthia and seized control of Astabene (Astawa), the northern region of that territory, the administrative capital of which was Kabuchan (Kuchan in the vulgate).

A short while later the Parni seized the rest of Parthia from Andragoras, killing him in the process. Although an initial punitive expedition by the Seleucids under Seleucus II was not successful, the Seleucids under Antiochus III recaptured Arsacid controlled territory in 209 BCE from Arsaces' (or Tiridates') successor, Arsaces II. Arsaces II sued for peace and accepted vassal status, and it was not until Arsaces II's grandson (or grand-nephew) Phraates I, that the Arsacids/Parni would again begin to assert their independence.

From their base in Parthia, the Arsacid dynasts eventually extended their dominion to include most of Greater Iran. Even though the Arsacids only sporadically had their capital in Parthia, their power base was there, among the Parthian feudal families, upon whose military and financial support the Arsacids depended. In exchange for this support, these families received large tracts of land among the earliest conquered territories adjacent to Parthia, which the Parthian nobility then ruled as provincial rulers. The largest of these city-states were Kuchan, Semnan, Gorgan, Merv, Zabol and Yazd.

-

Afronut Slayer
Member # 16637

Member Rated:
First you ignore the scholarly quotes I provided. Why did you do that Afro-fool? Second, you provide a map of modern Iran as though it reflects the persian empire of antiquity. Are you a fvcking moron?

Address the fvcking quotes I provided, otherwise this discussion is over.

YOU LOSE FOOL.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
First you ignore the scholarly quotes I provided. Why did you do that Afro-fool? Second, you provide a map of modern Iran as though it reflects the persian empire of antiquity. Are you a fvcking moron?

YOU LOSE FOOL.

The Persian Empire (Empire means countries that you have conquered and put them under your rule - in addition to your own country); was much greater than the original borders of Elam (The original country of Iran).

Since Egypt was also a part of the Persian Empire, were Egyptians also Persians???

Well then, how about the Greek Ionians??

From Darius the Great's, Behistun Inscription (Pss, He is the Black guy below).

-

6. (1.12-7.) Darius the King says: These are the countries which came to me; by the favor of Ahuramazda I was king of them: Persia, Elam, Babylonia, Assyria, Arabia, Egypt, (those) who are beside the sea, Sardis, Ionia, Media, Armenia, Cappadocia, Parthia, Drangiana, Aria, Chorasmia, Bactria, Sogdiana, Gandara, Scythia, Sattagydia, Arachosia, Maka: in all, 23 provinces.

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Afroidiot - NOW do you see why I ignore you, and all the bogus sources that you quote??

What a hopelessly Stupid Boy you are.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Afroidiot - Right about now, you are probably thinking that you can never win.

You are probably also thinking that I like to fuch with you.

Mark this date down - you finally got SOMETHING right!

Afronut Slayer
Member # 16637

Member Rated:
So your response is to post up a bust of a persian with curly hair and aquiline features? You don't even address the quotes?

GAME OVER
YOU LOSE

quote:
quote:

YOU LOSE FOOL.

The Persian Empire (Empire means countries that you have conquered and put them under your rule - in addition to your own country); was much greater than the original borders of Elam (The original country of Iran).

Since Egypt was also a part of the Persian Empire, were Egyptians also Persians???

Well then, how about the Greek Ionians??

From Darius the Great's, Behistun Inscription (Pss, He is the Black guy below).

-

6. (1.12-7.) Darius the King says: These are the countries which came to me; by the favor of Ahuramazda I was king of them: Persia, Elam, Babylonia, Assyria, Arabia, Egypt, (those) who are beside the sea, Sardis, Ionia, Media, Armenia, Cappadocia, Parthia, Drangiana, Aria, Chorasmia, Bactria, Sogdiana, Gandara, Scythia, Sattagydia, Arachosia, Maka: in all, 23 provinces.

-

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike
quote:
Well I didn't check his sources his.. thread his pic..anyways my point was whomever he was his hair didn't match the Iranian dude,so weather it was his natural hair,a wig or his barber hooked him-up the hair looks like the pics that I posted.

Now according to the mythological origins of the Persians by the Greeks.

Marriage with Andromeda

Perseus rescuing Andromeda from Cetus, depicted on an amphora in the Altes Museum, Berlin
Perseus and Andromeda.On the way back to Seriphos, Perseus stopped in the Phoenician kingdom Ethiopia, ruled by King Cepheus and Queen Cassiopeia. Cassiopeia, having boasted herself equal in beauty to the Nereids, drew down the vengeance of Poseidon, who sent an inundation on the land and a whale, Cetus, which destroyed man and beast. The oracle of Ammon announced that no relief would be found until the king exposed his daughter Andromeda to the monster, and so she was fastened to a rock on the shore. Perseus slew the monster and, setting her free, claimed her in marriage.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So on the level of myth Persians are atleast part Ethiopians

But then how did the persians wish to view themselves.

Xenophanes in a similar contrast recounts that
the Ethiopians represent their gods as black-faced
and flat-nosed, while the Thracians show their
gods to be blue-eyed and red-haired. And,
finally, Sextus Empiricus writes that beauty is
relative, the Ethiopians preferring the blackest and
the most flat-nosed and the Persians approving
the whitest and the most hook-nosed.
Well there you go for atleast the time of the greeks that's how they view beauty..
Taken from Frank Snowden.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Afronut Slayer
Member # 16637

Member Rated:
Afronut Slayer
Member # 16637

Member Rated:
Perhaps you can knock some sense into your Afronut colleague:

Sextus Empiricus (Adv. Ethicos, 43.) writes that beauty is relative, the Negroes preferring the blackest and the most flat-nosed and the Persians approving the whitest and the most hook-nosed.

quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Mike
quote:
Well I didn't check his sources his.. thread his pic..anyways my point was whomever he was his hair didn't match the Iranian dude,so weather it was his natural hair,a wig or his barber hooked him-up the hair looks like the pics that I posted.

Now according to the mythological origins of the Persians by the Greeks.

Marriage with Andromeda

Perseus rescuing Andromeda from Cetus, depicted on an amphora in the Altes Museum, Berlin
Perseus and Andromeda.On the way back to Seriphos, Perseus stopped in the Phoenician kingdom Ethiopia, ruled by King Cepheus and Queen Cassiopeia. Cassiopeia, having boasted herself equal in beauty to the Nereids, drew down the vengeance of Poseidon, who sent an inundation on the land and a whale, Cetus, which destroyed man and beast. The oracle of Ammon announced that no relief would be found until the king exposed his daughter Andromeda to the monster, and so she was fastened to a rock on the shore. Perseus slew the monster and, setting her free, claimed her in marriage.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So on the level of myth Persians are atleast part Ethiopians

But then how did the persians wish to view themselves.

Xenophanes in a similar contrast recounts that
the Ethiopians represent their gods as black-faced
and flat-nosed, while the Thracians show their
gods to be blue-eyed and red-haired. And,
finally, Sextus Empiricus writes that beauty is
relative, the Ethiopians preferring the blackest and
the most flat-nosed and the Persians approving
the whitest and the most hook-nosed.
Well there you go for atleast the time of the greeks that's how they view beauty..
Taken from Frank Snowden.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Hay dunce!!Myths may or may not be accurate but it was meant to give insight into to what they and others taught about the world about them.ask yourself why would the Greeks thought what they thought even if they were dead wrong.(and there is a saying that every myth has a cernel of truth.)
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A careful look at the image below reveals that the
bushy hair is so by artifice since immediately below
the crown one can see the the natural wavy nature
of the hair. This is true of nearly all the Persian art
(Elamites excluded for one). One need examine many
art pieces to notice these characteristics of their hair.

-

At one time I subscribed t the belief that nappy hair
was depicted. Then I saw many and larger art pieces
where I noticed the hair is wavy at the root and is
only bushy at the ends. This led me to believe the
bushiness was due to the knack of hairdressers.

The Persian 'du is elaborate in design. Their natural
hair was loosely wavy, as you can see at the edge of
the king's crown, then the ends were tightly curled. All
in all it produces the effect of wooly hair like the curly
Afro some Ladinos, Iranians, and Arabs used to wear
back in the 1970's. You know, the "Jewfro"  -

Back in the 70's many wavy haired folk sported Afros.
It wasn't because they were black or had nappy hair.
It was because they admired the long nappy hair many
blacks were wearing then.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
alTakruri - I always thought that you were a person of color - I guess not.

Upon second look, you might notice that the hair of all the ancients in that area was BRUSHED FLAT!! It was NOT an Afro.

When Black people with curly hair, brush it flat, the ends ALWAYS CURL UP!!!!

That is what is depicted!

I thought everybody knew that.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These curls aren't natural. You can see the wavy
or straight character of the hair when looking
down on a carvings head from above or looking
directly at a relief's hairline where a crown or
helmet sits upon the hair. The beard's texture
 -
is another indicator of the hair's true quality.

I question the unneccessary application of blackness
onto people where it does not belong. The "penis envy"
like condition of many diasporan blacks needing to make
peoples who aren't black into blacks and thus claim said
peoples' accomplishments just shows the lack of knowledge
of, or distaste for, actual black peoples and their cultures
and a preference for the cultural accutrements of their "hosts."

However, as I'll post below, the Medes and iirc the Persians
were looked upon as mulato in origin by the Greeks when
examining their Perseus & Andromeda and Jason & Medea mythos.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
alTakruri - I always thought that you were a person of color - I guess not.

Upon second look, you might notice that the hair of all the ancients in that area was BRUSHED FLAT!! It was NOT an Afro.

When Black people with curly hair, brush it flat, the ends ALWAYS CURL UP!!!!

That is what is depicted!

I thought everybody knew that.

alTakruri - You really need to stop.

Once again, you are making an ass of yourself.

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
alTakruri - You hid it all these years - you're a goddamn Turk - aren't you?
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Just in case there are more ignorant Assed Turks out there.

-

-

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out this video on the Black Asians:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-2xjWIIxK8

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

-

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:

-

This is not an Afro. This hair style represents the traditional hair style of Indo-Europeans.

-

Afronut Slayer
Member # 16637

Member Rated:
Thank you!! There are at least some Afronuts who are honest when the OBVIOUS is staring them right in their face!

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^^Turkey Birds of a feather.
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Hay Mike are you sure the above soldier is an ethnic Persian and not incorporated Elemites?  -
Were these soldiers part of the 10,000 Immortals faced by Alexander the Great?

These 5 foot tall archers were the royal Immortal Guard from the palace of Darius at Susa (ancient Shushan). These archers are seen wearing colorful ceremonial clothing decorated with tiny stars, from their woven and twisted headbands, hair and beards, even to their shoes. Their clothes are decorated with tiny stars. Their bows, arrows and spears were gold and silver.

The bright colored enameled tiles used to line the entire walls, bringing to life the illustrious and lavish celebrations that existed at the palace of the kings of ancient Persia.

All the colors seen here are reminiscent of the lavish banquet mentioned in the Book of Esther in the Bible (white, green, blue, purple, silver, gold), when the king of Persia invited nobles and princes from all over his empire to a feast at his palace.

Guests would ascend a wide stone staircase entering a gate into the courtyard. All along the path there were the elaborate carvings along the walls, of nobles and princes, royal guards, horses and chariots. Representatives from the lands and provinces of the Persian Empire bringing tribute to the ruler of the world, king Darius (522-486 B.C.). Their destination was the great audience hall and palace of the king, a place of tremendous wealth and luxury. According to history when Alexander the Great marched into Susa he took 40,000 talents of gold which was about 1200 tons.

Alexander the Great faced hordes of soldiers like the archers shown here when he conquered the world of the Persians. The Persian Empire was vast, extending from India to Greece, and down to Ethiopia.

These archers of the royal guard revealed on these brilliantly glazed ceramic tiles of blue and gold discovered at Susa are important discovery in the study of Biblical archaeology. It shows us the enemies of Alexander the Great who is alluded to in the Book of Daniel, and the luxurious wealth of the Persians as mentioned in the Book of Esther regarding the royal banquet of the king of Persia.

Esther 1:6-7 "Where were white, green, and blue, hangings, fastened with cords of fine linen and purple to silver rings and pillars of marble: the beds were of gold and silver, upon a pavement of red, and blue, and white, and black, marble. And they gave them drink in vessels of gold, (the vessels being diverse one from another,) and royal wine in abundance, according to the state of the king."

Ezra 5:7 "They sent a letter unto him, wherein was written thus; Unto Darius the king, all peace."

Esther 1:2-5 "in those days, when the king Ahasuerus sat on the throne of his kingdom, which was in Shushan the palace, In the third year of his reign, he made a feast unto all his princes and his servants; the power of Persia and Media, the nobles and princes of the provinces, being before him: When he shewed the riches of his glorious kingdom and the honour of his excellent majesty many days, even an hundred and fourscore days. And when these days were expired, the king made a feast unto all the people that were present in Shushan the palace, both unto great and small, seven days, in the court of the garden of the king's palace;

Louvre Museum Excerpt

Frieze of Archers
Achaemenid Persian Period, reign of Darius I, c. 510 BC

Frieze of Archers

This decorative frieze of polychrome glazed brick shows an army, the men carrying spears, bows and quivers. Are they the royal guards of Darius I (522-486), whom Herodotus called “the Immortals,” or might they represent an idealized image of the Persian people? The frieze is probably inspired by the brick friezes of Babylon, although the technique is different. That may be a legacy from the Middle Elamite Period, which saw the appearance of decoration in glazed siliceous brick.
www.bible-history.com/archaeology/greece/2-pe...
Western Ethiopian Persian Soldier.

-
We don't need to be absolutist in our approach to things leave rm for variables.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Persia as we now know it starts with the Achaemenid empire. Prior to that there was no Persia. The first civilizations of Iran were the Elamites, Sumerians and Akkadians. Over time these groups interacted with other populations including various invasions by Assyrians, Greeks and then later on Arabians, Mongols and Turks.

In general over the history of the development of the Irianian and Mesopotamian civilizations, various ethnic populations with various phenotypes were present. Among some of the earliest cultures there were undoubtedly blacks there. This includes the early Elamites and the early city states of Sumer. The Elamites are seen in the famous reliefs from Persia as black men in colorful dress. Both Eridu and Elam were in Southern Iraq and Southern Iran, near the Persian gulf.

This is one of the most ancient routes of migration from Africa into Iran and Mesopotamia and undoubtedly darker skinned people have always been there. This area is STILL populated by various darker skinned elements in those populations, even though some are more recent African migrants, others are more ancient AfroAsiatic groups and other native groups that have always been there. This area has been a cross roads of ancient Afro-Semitic and Indo-Iranian populations along with ancient northern Iranian and Mesopotamian cultures. These cultures actively traded with the Indus Valley and are said to share linguistic similarities to the ancient languages of India. To the South and West of Iran are still pockets of darker skinned IndoIranian type populations. There are also places called little India in this region as well.

It is hard to make clear distinctions between Elamite, Sumerian and later Akkadian cultures because all three were constantly in conflict.
Suffice to say various groups and ethnic types were present in this area from a very early period and that undoubtedly includes blacks.

Here are some key sites:

Eridu:

quote:

Eridu is an ancient city in what is now Tell Abu Shahrain, in Iraq. Eridu was the earliest city in southern Mesopotamia, founded c. 5400 BCE. Located 12 km southwest of Ur, Eridu was the southernmost of a conglomeration of Sumerian cities that grew about temples, almost in sight of one another. In Sumerian mythology, Eridu was founded by the Sumerian deity Enki, later known by the Akkadians as Ea.

In the Sumerian king list, Eridu is named as the city of the first kings. The kinglist continues:

In Eridu, Alulim became king; he ruled for 28800 years. Alalngar ruled for 36000 years. 2 kings; they ruled for 64800 years. Then Eridu fell and the kingship was taken to Bad-tibira.

The king list gave particularly long rules to the kings who ruled before a great flood occurred, and shows how the center of power progressively moved from the south to the north of the country.

Adapa U-an, elsewhere called the first man, was a half-god, half-man culture hero, called by the title Abgallu (ab=water, gal=big, lu=man) of Eridu. He was considered to have brought civilization to the city from Dilmun (probably Bahrain), and he served Alulim.

In Sumerian mythology, Eridu was the home of the Abzu temple of the god Enki, the Sumerian counterpart of the Akkadian water-god Ea. Like all the Sumerian and Babylonian gods, Enki/Ea began as a local god, who came to share, according to the later cosmology, with Anu and Enlil, the rule of the cosmos. His kingdom was the waters that surrounded the world and lay below it (Sumerian ab=water; zu=far).

The stories of Inanna, goddess of Uruk, describe how she had to go to Eridu in order to receive the gifts of civilization. At first Enki, the god of Eridu attempted to retrieve these sources of his power, but later willingly accepted that Uruk now was the centre of the land. This seems to be a mythical reference to the transfer of power northward, mentioned above.

Babylonian texts also talk of the creation of Eridu by the god Marduk as the first city, "the holy city, the dwelling of their [the other gods] delight".

It can very well be that Eridu is linked to the Annunaki. In the court of Assyria, special physicians trained in the ancient lore of Eridu, far to the south, foretold the course of sickness from signs and portents on the patient's body, and offered the appropriate incantations and magical resources as cures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eridu

Hence many developments in Sumerian culture can be linked to movements from the South. However, there were also cultural elements from the North as well. But kingship and traditions related to it stem from the South.

Sargon of Akkad the Akkadian who conquered Sumer:
quote:

A Neo-Assyrian text from the seventh century BC purporting to be Sargon's autobiography asserts that the great king was the illegitimate son of a priestess. In the Neo-Assyrian account Sargon's birth and his early childhood are described thus:
“ My mother was a high priestess, my father I knew not. The brothers of my father loved the hills. My city is Azupiranu, which is situated on the banks of the Euphrates. My high priestess mother conceived me, in secret she bore me. She set me in a basket of rushes, with bitumen she sealed my lid. She cast me into the river which rose over me. The river bore me up and carried me to Akki, the drawer of water. Akki, the drawer of water, took me as his son and reared me. Akki, the drawer of water, appointed me as his gardener. While I was a gardener, Ishtar granted me her love, and for four and […] years I exercised kingship.[15] ”

The image of Sargon as a castaway set adrift on a river resembles the better-known birth narrative of Moses. Scholars such as Joseph Campbell and Otto Rank have compared the 7th century BC Sargon account with the obscure births of other heroic figures from history and mythology, including Karna, Oedipus, Paris, Telephus, Semiramis, Perseus, Romulus, Gilgamesh, Cyrus, Jesus, and others.

quote:

Sargon died, according to the short chronology, around 2215 BC. His empire immediately revolted upon hearing of the king's death. Most of the revolts were put down by his son and successor Rimush, who reigned for nine years and was followed by another of Sargon's sons, Manishtushu (who reigned for 15 years).[34] Sargon was regarded as a model by Mesopotamian kings for some two millennia after his death. The Assyrian and Babylonian kings who based their empires in Mesopotamia saw themselves as the heirs of Sargon's empire. Kings such as Nabonidus (r. 556–539 BC) showed great interest in the history of the Sargonid dynasty, and even conducted excavations of Sargon's palaces and those of his successors.[35] Indeed, such later rulers may have been inspired by the king's conquests to embark on their own campaigns throughout the Middle East. The Neo-Assyrian Sargon text challenges his successors thus:
The black-headed peoples [Sumerians] I ruled, I governed; mighty mountains with axes of bronze I destroyed. I ascended the upper mountains; I burst through the lower mountains. The country of the sea I besieged three times; Dilmun I captured. Unto the great Dur-ilu I went up, I ... I altered ... Whatsoever king shall be exalted after me, ... Let him rule, let him govern the black-headed peoples; mighty mountains with axes of bronze let him destroy; let him ascend the upper mountains, let him break through the lower mountains; the country of the sea let him besiege three times; Dilmun let him capture; To great Dur-ilu let him go up.[36]

Another source attributed to Sargon the challenge "now, any king who wants to call himself my equal, wherever I went [conquered], let him go.

Posts: 8890 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Brada-Anansi quote - Hay Mike are you sure the above soldier is an ethnic Persian and not incorporated Elemites?

As your real uncle would say; spit it out. What's your point?

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
I don't wear an afro nor am I insane.

So **** you, you asshole nutcase escapee from some
insane asylum with absolutely nothing rational or
original or on topic to contribute to our forums.

**** off and die!

quote:
Thank you!! There are at least some Afronuts who are honest when the OBVIOUS is staring them right in their face!

quote:

-

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Dr Winters

-
The guys on the right of your gif are these very same guys below.
 -

They don't seem to have either curly or peppercorn hair.
Looking under their headgear, above their foreheads, and
at their mustache and beard tips their hair appears to
be straight to slightly wavy to me.

I do think these men are Medes. Greeks assumed the Medes
to be of partial Egyptian descent via the Colchians.

Also I can't see much of a difference in the hair
when comparing the guy to the left to the guys on
the right. They both (judging by the low resolution
gif) seem to have hair that's straight of wavy at
the root and curled at the ends.

But for sure there were two basic stocks in the
region, dark folk in the plains and light folk
in the mountains.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:

-

Sorry, but having a father with the kind of hair that can be straight and curly-kinky at the same time, I couldn't resist addressing this issue.

First, is the bushy hair on the beard on Darius also artifice?. LOL!

Lets be for real. Ancient Ethiopic people in the Persian Gulf didn't have to admire "nappy" hair to have hair that was very curly.

Dark brown people of the Persian Gulf and Arabian Sea didn't have to use gerri-curl to make their hair curly or kinky. In fact its the opposite, they use camel butter and other forms of grease to make it straighter or more manageable.

If you put the same hat on the man's head below (who is from the Mash'ai group of the Mahra of Oman and Hadramaut) it would no doubt come out the same way as the hair on Darius.
 -
Mash'ai Arabian

If anything it shows they probably the ancients used the same grease the "near black" Kaab or Rabi'ah Arabs of the Shott al Arab were said to have used on their hair until the 19th century.

-
Yemenite Sabaean official or ruler

The paintings of these Persians (Farsi) at the Louvre show dark brown soldiers and thus they were a dark brown population likely related to peoples of the same name in Arabia and Africa -Faras, Farasan of the Banu Taghlib (Dawasir) and Dahlak Islands. Even the modern Afariyyeh or Afars of Arabia and Oman often such hair.

-
Fars tribesman

-
Afar tribesman

As mentioned by Herodotus, the Achaemenids and earliest Persians claimed descent from the Daae And as mentioned in Persian mythos they were connected with the Arabian heros like Dzhahak. The latter is considered in Arab genealogy either the brother of "Akk" or son of Alwan or Alawam. The name Fairuz is supposed to be related to that of Persia and in fact the south Arabian ancestor and tribal name Faras or Pharis.

There is no reason to deny that people that were probably originally of South Arabian ancestry had less than straight hair.

-
Afar man of Eritrea

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Sassanid Iranians had longer curly hair.

Scythic non-Afro-Asiatic people helped found the Parthian and Sassanid empires which succeeded the Achaemenid one of Darius and their earlier cousins in Medea.

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
The below photo is of an Elamite who are the pre-Persian inhabitants of Susiana in Iran. Just as the Achamenid Daae, Derbikes are the pre-Scythian inhabitants of Susiana Iran and Central Asia.

-
Elamite of Susa

Below - Modern man still living on ancient Elamite site

-
Hair not by Artifice

People that wore their hair in Afros back in the '70s wore it because they could. The blowdryer can do wonders for European people with frizzy hair. No amount teasing is going to turn a regular European hairdo into an AFro unless it is permed. Most people Jewish, Spanish, Italian who had afros in the 70s whether we like it or not didn't need to perm their hair!

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simply amazing.....grown-azz people ADULTS who can't reason/debate/etc., without consistently resorting to childish name-calling and belittling others who don't agree with them....there is this thing called "respectfully agreeing to disagree" either in whole or in part...

htp

--------------------
"TRUTH IS LIKE LIGHTNING WITH ITS ERRAND DONE BEFORE YOU HEAR THE THUNDER" - Gerald Massey
"TRUTH IS FINAL" -Mumia Abu-Jamal

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TruthAndRights:
Simply amazing.....grown-azz people ADULTS who can't reason/debate/etc., without consistently resorting to childish name-calling and belittling others who don't agree with them....there is this thing called "respectfully agreeing to disagree" either in whole or in part...

htp

That Afronut character is really just Bettyboo in disguise. She never provides evidences nor even accepts positions outside her loose views. This women needs to go get a life lift.

Saying that, attempting to deny African presence in Persia is inane. There is significant presence in the region. The people at that time were tropically adapted, Black, Africans as well and this predated slavery as well. In other words, it was quite consistent.

That does not mean that Africans were the indigenous populations. The Elamites and what not were founded by Black Asiatic. Those populations still exist and it's possible that the ancestors of South Asians originated from that part. It's pretty clear that the ancient population of Iran were black skinned. That's pretty obvious when venturing into the south.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

htp

TruthAndRights - After you have been here for a while, you will begin to understand the dynamics of the board.

Take this thread for example, would a sensible person seriously suggest that the people now in Iran are Persians?

Of course not; a cursory read of history, and a fleeting look at the artifacts would deter even the stupidest racist from making such a claim.

But yet, as you can clearly see, an Afroidiot has made such a claim, and this is not unusual, as a matter of fact, it has become the norm. There is no way to take these people seriously, so the only way to keep things moving is to trade insults. In time, you will be forced to do the same. Hope you are up to it.

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

htp

TruthAndRights - After you have been here for a while, you will begin to understand the dynamics of the board.

Take this thread for example, would a sensible person seriously suggest that the people now in Iran are Persians?

Of course not; a cursory read of history, and a fleeting look at the artifacts would deter even the stupidest racist from making such a claim.

But yet, as you can clearly see, an Afroidiot has made such a claim, and this is not unusual, as a matter of fact, it has become the norm. There is no way to take these people seriously, so the only way to keep things moving is to trade insults. In time, you will be forced to do the same. Hope you are up to it.

Respect and thanks to you and Bob01 (is it?) both. [Smile] I am never, online, forced to do anything that I do not wish to do....the 'bigger' person walks away and leaves one to talk ish to one's Self....I am very good at ignoring and overlooking ones when I feel to, and entertain ish only when in the mood to do so...I really do not have, and will not make, the time for going back and forth round and round over and over again with someone about the same thing- it's pointless and wasted energy that could be better spent elsewhere....I do not feed Trolls, lol [Razz] [Big Grin] ...I have more Truths to learn here as well as further information to Truths I know already, which is why I am here; and to share here and there (I doubt there is much I know that ones here do not know already) with ones as well...

[Smile]

htp.

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
You'll have to do better than bait and switch.
That only works on those inattentive to detail
and particulars. Masha'i aren't Persians. Sabaeans
aren't Persians. Afars aren't Persians. Elamites
aren't Persians.

Presenting images of Elamites doesn't magically
turn Persian Darius into one. Same for the other
example of Medes I gave. In fact it just lends
support to my imitation-in-admiration speculation.

I personally know a few straight to very slightly
wavy haired individuals who got 'Fros in the 70s.

One was my Saudi roommate who came to me asking,
"How do I get my hair like yours?" Now this was
a far cry from the usual Saudi who'll taunt with,
"You can't change your hair." By change they mean
to part the hair with a comb.

I had my roommate shampoo with beer and eggs, real
cans of beer and real cartons of eggs. Within a
month he was sporting a bushy Afro. After attaining
to his degree and before returning to Riyadh he let
his hair go back to its original and natural straight
texture.

Now how in hell can you tell me what I witnessed
couldn't have happened without applying a perm.
But that's beside the point because curling irons
and thus "permanent waves/curls" are nothing new
in history.

Hair texture is determined by shape in cross section
of a hair. Helix hair is compressed oval and grows
up and out in defiance of gravity. Straight hair is
round and flops down weighted by gravity.

I can tell similar stories for Latinos, Germans, Iranis,
etc.

I have nothing at stake in the "Persian Afro." I
couldn't give a damn if their hair was nappier than
a racoon's ass or straighter than a sow's pussy.

Like I said I used to think they had natural naps but
after the experience of viewing busts from the perspective
of directly
above the crowned head I now stand by the ends of the
hair being curled by artifice.

-  -

I don't need to make every people in the East into
a black people. There are plenty of indigenous black
Easterners with and without bushy hair. I don't have
to invent them where they don't exist.

Persians curled their hair in imitation and admiration
of the Elamites perfectly as possible copying the
style
from the Immortals in their employ. That's my opinion
which I can present without the need to ridicule those
who don't share my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
The below photo is of an Elamite who are the pre-Persian inhabitants of Susiana in Iran. Just as the Achamenid Daae, Derbikes are the pre-Scythian inhabitants of Susiana Iran and Central Asia.

-
Elamite of Susa

Below - Modern man still living on ancient Elamite site

-
Hair not by Artifice

People that wore their hair in Afros back in the '70s wore it because they could. The blowdryer can do wonders for European people with frizzy hair. No amount teasing is going to turn a regular European hairdo into an AFro unless it is permed. Most people Jewish, Spanish, Italian who had afros in the 70s whether we like it or not didn't need to perm their hair!

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Pulling a theory out-of-the-air without the slightest logical basis, is indeed reason for criticism.

Curling the hair, you say it is a style thing.

-

Oh look, even the soldiers have it, how democratic!

-

Oh look, they even did it to the Babylonians too!

-

This is getting crazy, they did it to the Anatolians too!

-

Wait, Wait, whats going on here, how come the Scythians didn't get THEIR hair CURLED????

-

Scythia - An area in Eurasia whose location and extent varied over time. Scythians at various times inhabited: the Caucasus area, including Azerbaijan, Georgia - The central Asian steppes: Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan.

There it is again, whats going on here, how come the Saka didn't get THEIR hair CURLED????

-

Maka or Saka - People of Arian stock who lived in what is now Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and parts of Iran, Ukraine, and Altay Mountains and Siberia in Russia. They are considered to be a branch of Scythians by most scholars. Saka is the usual Persian term, while Scythian is a Greek term.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By golly, I'm beginning to think that ALT is full of pooh pooh, it appears that the Persians used curly hair to depict people WITH curly hair i.e Black people, and straight hair to depict people WITH straight hair, MOSTLY Whites.

Oh, oh, What does this mean?

-

Ionia was a strip of coastal land located on the west central coast of Anatolia. The name Ionia first appears after the collapse of the original kingdoms in Greece, as a result of the Dorian invasion. This invasion caused original people refugees to migrated eastward across the Aegean to Anatolia about 1000–900 BC.

Oh, oh, here it is again, What does this mean?

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
 -
Sassanid Iranians had longer curly hair.

Scythic non-Afro-Asiatic people helped found the Parthian and Sassanid empires which succeeded the Achaemenid one of Darius and their earlier cousins in Medea.

dana marniche - You were just a little bit off on this one. The Parthians were really a blend of the nomadic Parnni (of the famous Parnni/Parting Shot| Turning around and firing an Arrow backward as you ride away) and the Parthians - I don't know of a Scythian element to them.

During the period of Parthian rule, each group remained semi-autonomous, sort of as vassal states. They were never unified into one kingdom, therefore there was not that much melding of the races.

Consequently the Sassanian Persians were "Pure-Blood" Persians. They just wore their hair longer.

-

-

BUT, THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT THERE WAS NO MIXED MARRIAGES!!!!

-

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
I invite critique and disagreement with my proposals
but ad homina like calling me personally full of ****
is unneccesary and will stop me from further discussing
this issue with you (of course you'd propbably prefer
that).

Thanks for the detail images that support hair
being straight at the root and artificially curled
at the ends. The "Greek" examples reveal this
better than the one of Darius or the Medes
because with their heads uncovered it's plain
to see that above the curled tips the hair is not
naturally curly from the mid-lengths to the root.

So we see Persian art can depict a hairstyle of
straight/slightly wavy hair curled at the tips
and that Persians weren't the only people sporting
such a hairstyle.

The quality of bushy hair is no argument in favor
of black identity. Blacks and non-blacks both have
sported long bushy hairstyles. But I don't think
non-blacks sport nappy (helixical growing) hair,
you know, the kind of hair you are so ashamed of.

As previously noted Elamites are blacks. Greeks
believed that Medes are partially black from
a Colchidian component. They believed Persians
to be partially black as per the myth of Perseus
and Andromeda. Apparently Persians recognized
some attachment to Aithiopians as evidenced by
their depositing their crown emblems under care
of Kush at a time they feared conquest in war.

Anyway, the point I'm making about the Persians
and the Medes is that their hair was naturally
straight and/or slightly wavy not naturally
helixical (nappy/coily/kinky/woolly). If that
disturbs the need to make them blacks by those
who can find nothing lauditory in the blacks of
continental Africa, well, too too bad.

-  -

quote:

-  -

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
The reason that I criticize you, is because you make silly, even juvenile statements like the example below:

In your statement below, you are CLEARLY saying that only Blacks with KINKY Hair, are REAL Blacks. Clearly, Whatever it is that you are smoking, needs to be stopped.

Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally you are applying some criticial thought and deductive reasoning instead of parroting the Afrocentric-nonsense. I'm kina shocked to say the least. I believe the process of divesting yourself of the Afrocentric lies has begun. Kudos!

quote:
I invite critique and disagreement with my proposals
but ad homina like calling me personally full of ****
is unneccesary and will stop me from further discussing
this issue with you (of course you'd propbably prefer
that).

Thanks for the detail images that support hair
being straight at the root and artificially curled
at the ends. The "Greek" examples reveal this
better than the one of Darius or the Medes
because with their heads uncovered it's plain
to see that above the curled tips the hair is not
naturally curly from the mid-lengths to the root.

So we see Persian art can depict a hairstyle of
straight/slightly wavy hair curled at the tips
and that Persians weren't the only people sporting
such a hairstyle.

The quality of bushy hair is no argument in favor
of black identity. Blacks and non-blacks both have
sported long bushy hairstyles. But I don't think
non-blacks sport nappy (helixical growing) hair,
you know, the kind of hair you are so ashamed of.

As previously noted Elamites are blacks. Greeks
believed that Medes are partially black from
a Colchidian component. They believed Persians
to be partially black as per the myth of Perseus
and Andromeda. Apparently Persians recognized
some attachment to Aithiopians as evidenced by
their depositing their crown emblems under care
of Kush at a time they feared conquest in war.

-  -

quote:

-  -

Posts: 2025 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
You'll have to do better than bait and switch.
That only works on those inattentive to detail
and particulars. Masha'i aren't Persians. Sabaeans
aren't Persians. Afars aren't Persians. Elamites
aren't Persians.

Presenting images of Elamites doesn't magically
turn Persian Darius into one. Same for the other
example of Medes I gave. In fact it just lends
support to my imitation-in-admiration speculation.

The Persians spoke Old Persian which was Elamite. So why can't they be called Elamites?

The people ruling Iran today are not Persians. They do not speak the Persian languages.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com