EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Catholic Europe biggest Afronuts for Black Jesus and Mary (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Catholic Europe biggest Afronuts for Black Jesus and Mary
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
^^^^
The Use of Afronut was in response to the character going by the moniker Afronut slayer aka Gigantic.

Lionesse you asked me..

Do you apply that to the above Roman catacomb painting or are you saying that in this case they are depicting Jesus as an African?

I think its clear that majority of the Art depicts people typical of Roman/Greek/Southern European phenotype. However there are black portraits, clearly blacks were among the first converts. People depict Christ in their image..

Here is the Link to the Catacomb Images untranslated..

http://www.frateroleg.name/gallery/wilpert.htm#

You can see a clear mix of Pheonotype, Artistic Renditions and skin shades. Notice there are hardly any Dark Skinned Christs after the Constantine Conversion(You can tell because Christ begins to be represented by a Halo)..

which picture in particular do you think represents an African person and not someone who looks like this:
 -

Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
^^^^
The Use of Afronut was in response to the character going by the moniker Afronut slayer aka Gigantic.

"She" very well knows that but since her aim is to
disrupt and agitate. "She" cares not one whit toward
increasing the knowledge, just getting monkeys to chase
the weasel.

I can only hope sensible members don't follow "her" off the path.

I don't care anyone's personal opinion if they think
there was not or was a Jesus black skinned, white
skinned, or in between coloured.

Anybody, gimme logical reasoning and historic examples
of how and why the whites of Europe chose to magnify
Madonnas of pitch black color of an obvious wide
variety of facial features and their very choice in
wordage Black Madonna and even on occasion calling
the idol Egyptian, Ethiopian, African or even slave.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems unlikely the idols revered as Black Madonna
have anything to do with the Roman Isis of the Isiac
Mysteries System of the far flung Roman Empire outside
of Egypt. Until corrected by primary evidence, i.e., some
document or artpiece manufactured outside Egypt for
Roman Empire Isis worship, there are no Iside statues,
statuettes, mini-shrines, or paintings of Roman Isis as
Madonna with Child thus no such images with pitch black
colored skin (hence the name Black Madonna).

Unlike some Byzantine imagery of brown complexioned
Israelites and Judaeans the pitch blackness of the Black
Madonna is darker than what Judaeans of the first centuries
CE described themselves. They alluded to boxwood, honey,
and intermediate human hues when speaking of their skin
colour. Their hosts would have seen various shades of brown
when looking at their Judaean contemporaries.

That being so, why are the Black Madonnas pitch black?
Leading to the question of the age of the earliest ones.
How did brown Byzantine Madonnas become black in Europe
whereas white Byzantine Madonnas retain their colour in
European borrowings if not their eastern facial character?

The style of rendition and the clothing can help date this idol.

-

The Black Madonna Our Lady of Oropa supposedly dates
to no later than 371 CE. It was meant to displace or
rechannel the religion practiced there at the time. But
who was being worshipped in 4th century Oropa in
Italy? It was not Isis.

The cave home of Our Lady of Oropa sits in the midst
of what was a sacred grove to Apollo. Stone and water
in the area were holy to various Goddesses.

The Black Madonna of Oropa was not installed to mask
over any worship of Isis. She was not in a site once of
an original Isis worship shifted to Catholicism.

Our Lady of Oropa is not Isis in disguise.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

I don't care anyone's personal opinion if they think
there was not or was a Jesus black skinned, white
skinned, or in between coloured.

Anybody gimme logical reasoning and historic examples
of how and why the whites of Europe chose to magnify
Madonnas of pitch black color

He doesn't care if they were black skinned just wants to know why they were black skinned

It's sort of need to know why but not caring at the same time

Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so he care's not about opinion on the humans' actual tones, and more about why they were depicted that way, black, whether Africoid looking or European looking and symbolically black.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
I have looked at this black madonna thing fairly closely.
No one knows the specific intent.

In religious art you will see the same thing copied and repeated over and over again. I suspect that many of the artists didn't even know what it was all about, they were just told to make them that way and so that the continued a tradition. You will also find religious people noticing, like some tree root looking like Jesus and thinks it's a sign from God.

If you try to make a case that early Christians belived that Jesus and Mary were pitch black Africans it's not supported in writing.
They would have said Jesus was an African. All the early art would have shown Jesus and Mary as pitch black Africans.
Some might try to argue that there was a cover up.
If there was a cover up they would have destroyed or altered all these black madonnas.

The black color may have nothing to do with being associated iwth real people's skin color and have some other black color related religious meaning.
Or it could mean the intent was that they were very dark Africans. I find it hard to believe because of the context. I'm not saying it's impossible that the black madonnas represent Africans. I think we will never know.

Some of the heraldry is also very odd. They showed pitch black Africans described as "Moors" and with a crown on their head.
yet there were no pitch black African kings of Europe at the time these Coats of Arms were created. Why the crowns?
I don't know and as far as racial ideas are concerned medieval Europeans did not see things the same way modern Europeans do.They seem less racist. But Portugal initiated slavery in 1411.
But it was ecomically motivated not racially motivated.
The concept at the time was that the people were savages, half animal so it was o.k. These people were ignorant and exploitive.
Racism gets hotter when there is a sense of competition and it did, the hate then went beyond economics.
If the black Madonna and baby Jesus were intended to show that they were African people then it seesm like they would have been incapable of putting us into slavery later on.
Also of note is while you have all of these pitch black images of called "Moors" (probably a lot of them Ethiopian) there ins'nt on a consistent basis the Madonnas being called "The Moorish Madonna of " although there were some what appeared to be occasions local remarks implying likeness to black people. It's not supported by the theology and church writings of the churhes in which they appear.

To make it work you have to construct fantasies of black kings in Europe in medieval times.
But there weren't and what appears in the herladry, black people with crowns , did not exist in reality or in oil paintings. Things aren't what they seem.
It appears to be some sort of weird fetish to me, a little disturbing even.

"Catholic Europe biggest Afronuts for Black Jesus and Mary"
The thread title makes a statement.
I suppose half serious

Byron Bumper
Member # 19992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Byron Bumper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BEEP BEEP SCREECH KISS CUSS

quote:
Originally posted by MANGO:
 -

The queen of heaven:
Màmma Schiavona (the black mother), the madonna of the Pignasecea: a delineation of the great idolatry - promoted by the teaching and authority of the Roman Catholic Church By Thomas W. L. Jones

quote:
"To the generality the conception idealized and realized is that the mother of Jesus was, a Negress, or of a very, very dark complexion"
Download the whole book

--------------------
BEEP BEEP SCREECH KISS CUSS

Posts: 49 | From: auto salvage yard | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Earliest Known Image of the Virgin Mary (Circa 150 CE)

-

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amah Jones
Member # 20610

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amah Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roman Emperor Justinian II's coin showing Jesus Christ. Circa 692 AD

https://www.facebook.com/amah.jones?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?fbid=10151558889917436&set=a.10150653864112436.415633.519477435&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/amah.jones?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?fbid=10151543686482436&set=a.10150653864112436.415633.519477435&type=1&theater

Posts: 1 | From: Marina Del Rey, California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful wall relief of the most ancient pictures of black Virgin Mary and black baby Jesus. [Smile]

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amah Jones:
Roman Emperor Justinian II's coin showing Jesus Christ. Circa 692 AD

Amah Jones - Whenever the Albinos offer something on race, you need to cross reference it until you find the lie.

This is from your facebook;

-

BELOW:

Description: Justinian II. Second Reign, 705-711 AD. AV Solidus (4.42 gm). Constantinople. 705 AD.

dN IhS ChS REX REGNANTIUM, facing bust of Christ
DN IUSTINIA NUS MULTUS A, crowned facing bust, wearing loros, holding cross potent on base and patriarchal globus with PAX.

(Jesus on the left with the (Cornrows?).

-

Same administration, but the two Jesus's don't look alike.
Clearly one of the coins is a fake, hell knowing Albinos, both are probably fakes!

BTW - anyone know what the horns by the ears means?

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
A carry over from God Amun
 -
 -
 -
Terminal bust of the god Zeus Ammon. Marble about AD 150-200. British Museum, London.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^It turns out that the protrusions were supposed to indicate parts of a cross.

But it caused me to catch the Albinos in another lie.

FROM THE COIN SITE:

-

Constantinople mint, obverse IhS CRISTOS REX RETNANTIVM, bust of Christ facing with long hair and full beard, cross behind, right raised, Gospels in left; reverse IVSTINIANVS SERV CHRISTI, Justinian standing facing, wearing crown and loros, cross potent on three steps in right, akakia in left, CONO in exergue; fully lustrous, broad and well centered flan for the type, very rarely this nice!; SOLD (NOTE: No Certificate of Authenticity).

-

Quote from site:

Certificate of Authenticity issued by David R. Sear.

Superb and one of the finest style and grade specimens offered in the past few years.

The portrait on this coin was based on an icon believed by the people of the time to bear a miraculous resemblance to Christ?s actual appearance.

Constantinople mint, second reign, with Tiberius, 705 - 711 A.D.; obverse O N IhS ChS REX REGNANTIYM, bust of Christ facing, curly hair, short beard, wearing pallium and colobium, Gospels in left, cross behind head;

-

Quote from site:

he portrait on this coin was based on an icon believed by the people of the time to bear a miraculous resemblance to Christ’s actual appearance.

-

Quote from site:

The portrait on this coin was based on an icon believed by the people of the time to bear a miraculous resemblance to Christ’s actual appearance.

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/catalog/roman-and-greek-coins.asp?vpar=819&pos=0&sold=1

quote:
Originally posted by DHDoxies:
Stinking Black men always trying to divide my White brothers from his White sisters.

Doxie Darling I know that you are a big-time Christian, so I have to ask you: Were you aware that Jesus was a Black man when you made that statement?

Do you see now why it is so important to ignore the lies and nonsense that your fellow Albinos are teaching, and instead learn true history???

Well, I don't know what the punishment will be for calling his kind "Stinking Black men" but you had better hope somebody's got a little pity and a lot of "Sense of Humor".

Ya, I know that they set you up to be stupid, but I have no say.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Doxie dear, I'm sure that it will be understood that you didn't know any better, please don't worry.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
^It turns out that the protrusions were supposed to indicate parts of a cross.

But it caused me to catch the Albinos in another lie.

FROM THE COIN SITE:

-

Constantinople mint, obverse IhS CRISTOS REX RETNANTIVM, bust of Christ facing with long hair and full beard, cross behind, right raised, Gospels in left; reverse IVSTINIANVS SERV CHRISTI, Justinian standing facing, wearing crown and loros, cross potent on three steps in right, akakia in left, CONO in exergue; fully lustrous, broad and well centered flan for the type, very rarely this nice!; SOLD (NOTE: No Certificate of Authenticity).

-

Quote from site:

Certificate of Authenticity issued by David R. Sear.

Superb and one of the finest style and grade specimens offered in the past few years.

The portrait on this coin was based on an icon believed by the people of the time to bear a miraculous resemblance to Christ?s actual appearance.

Constantinople mint, second reign, with Tiberius, 705 - 711 A.D.; obverse O N IhS ChS REX REGNANTIYM, bust of Christ facing, curly hair, short beard, wearing pallium and colobium, Gospels in left, cross behind head;

-

Quote from site:

he portrait on this coin was based on an icon believed by the people of the time to bear a miraculous resemblance to Christ’s actual appearance.

-

Quote from site:

The portrait on this coin was based on an icon believed by the people of the time to bear a miraculous resemblance to Christ’s actual appearance.

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/catalog/roman-and-greek-coins.asp?vpar=819&pos=0&sold=1

Based on the Fake and the authentic coins above, we now know that Jesus was originally depicted with curly hair:

Thus artifacts like this "supposed" 17th century medal of Martin Luther is a fake. Because the Black Holy Roman Emperors would not allow Fake depictions of an Albino Jesus with long straight hair to exist. Thus this medal was made after the fall of the Holy Roman Empire (1806).

-

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOw... Just Wow... This thread is truly amazing. Never knew there was a good case for Jesus and his mother being black. I thought it was just an Afronuts wet dream!

@alTakruri

Mind if I use these sources on another site? [Smile]

I'm asking your permission. Plus I'm going to research further on this.

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by BlessedbyHorus:
WOw... Just Wow... This thread is truly amazing. Never knew there was a good case for Jesus and his mother being black. I thought it was just an Afronuts wet dream!

What do you mean by that? Are you admitting your past ignorance, and celebrating your introduction to truth?

Please know that Afrocentrism is a scientific discipline, not a soapbox platform. It is about revealing hidden truth, and exposing lies.

As to a Black Jesus:

Those who believe that a man native to the area of Canaan could possibly be White, are certifiably delusional, stupid, or both.

Here, want to use this?

-

Link to more of same:

http://realhistoryww.com./world_history/ancient/Misc/Jesus/Jesus.htm

CelticWarrioress
Banned
Member # 19701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CelticWarrioress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wrong Mike, Afrocentrism is about lies, claiming what isn't yours and Black supremacy. Its all about Get Whitey, Kill Whitey, Get him/her, kill him/her. Its all about "me hate Whitey chest bang chest bang, me hate Whitey chest bang chest bang, kill Whitey, get Whitey". Its all about trying to make Blacks out to superior & Whites out to be inferior non-humans. Mike stop posting the dang links to your site like its a reliable source. Its not it is a biased anti-White, White people hating, Black racist, Black supremacist site.
Posts: 3257 | From: Madisonville, KY USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by CelticWarrioress:
Wrong Mike, Afrocentrism is about lies, claiming what isn't yours and Black supremacy. Its all about Get Whitey, Kill Whitey, Get him/her, kill him/her. Its all about "me hate Whitey chest bang chest bang, me hate Whitey chest bang chest bang, kill Whitey, get Whitey". Its all about trying to make Blacks out to superior & Whites out to be inferior non-humans. Mike stop posting the dang links to your site like its a reliable source. Its not it is a biased anti-White, White people hating, Black racist, Black supremacist site.

Thread: Books for the Ages
quote:
I do remember saying that I love White people.

quote:
^You have to learn how to recognize the loons and weed them out Doxie.

And btw - I love White people.

Doxie dear, the proof is indisputable:

"YOU" ARE THE HATER!

A Habsburg Agenda
Member # 21824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Habsburg Agenda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Floor mosaic at Beth Alpha Synagogue depicting the binding of Isaac. It is clear that even 2000 years ago the ancient Hebrews were considered to be dark-complexioned people. You might also consider whether the dark round figure attached to the hand of God is actually meant to be the face of God.

-

Dura Europos, Jesus raising Lazarus

Posts: 890 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tehutimes
Member # 21712

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tehutimes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Blessed By Horus You actually believed crazy folks came up with [The Black Madonna & Jesus Concept]? See J.A.Rogers Sex & Race Vol.1,includes Isaiah painted black in addition to Jesus & Mary compared to Auset & Heru.

--------------------
Tehutimes

Posts: 115 | From: north america | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take it from pg 1 as reference for T-hotep's St Nick thread.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you guys have saved some of the Catacomb portraits of dark and black early Chrstians as some of these images and the hosting sites are no longer available. Brother Al, I hope you are adding the images I(and others) found to your reserves.
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Image comes from the Nunziatella Catacombs

-

http://clfrancisco.com/painted-gospels/

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sa damn shame, all those lost Page 1 images [Frown] Hand me a Kleenex.
Pinterest probably got 'em + a whole lot more!

The big roundup
https://udayton.edu/imri/mary/b/black-madonnas-in-various-countries.php

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com