EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The Washington Post urges Black Women to Discard Black Men (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Washington Post urges Black Women to Discard Black Men
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But it definitely reveals the mental illness you suffer from. What is sad is you are probably in denial of your split personality dis-oder, even after exposing it to you. Oh! the wonders of the quote feature, Godsend aint it (LOL)!

quote:
Originally posted by MelaninKing:
Doesn't diminish the message, at all! Now ain't that a B!

Posts: 2025 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ Recovered - You are really pushing my butttons. LOL!!! I am trying to stay clear of this conversation. Twisting my words sometimes does it. Name calling doesn't. LOL!. You got me there.

Bottom line - as MK posted there is a difference between low self esteem and deprogramming. As Homely pointed out black women do NOT want a white man. They don't want to be accepted by white men.

Gaaad!! I am bored!!

I am out.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one twisted your words fool! YOURE QUOTED! RFLOL!!!!!!!!!

You guys are the best! (at being the worst). So there is a difference between a person of low self-esteem and a person that needs to be deprogrammed of their low self-esteem. You are killing me mang! (sic)

YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST! GO DOWN W/THE SINKING SHIP CAPTAIN OF SPLIT PERSONALITY DIS-ORDER (LOL)!

Posts: 2025 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LOL, that's exactly what we are trying to avoid. Going down with the sinking ship called America with blind, drunken, Maniac depressed pilots at the helm.

Oh, did I mention that according to CDC data (2009) White males lead the charge as America's number 1 (by 10 orders of magnitude) Maniac depression group (most all on Prozac), which also results in white males being the number 1 (by 10 order of magnitude again) US leaders of suicide by handgun.

LOL, no wonder white males love their guns so much. It's your pre-paid ticket straight to hell. Perhaps this is one of the many reasons why black females find ya'll unattractive.
Sorry, I don't mean to upset you. Hopefully, there isn't a hand gun near by. LAMO!!

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Throwback post:

quote:

The fact is, White men do find sistas attractive.

quote:

White boys like their women with little tiny asses that look like little boys.

The patient is confused -- on the one hand he claims white men are attracted to sistas (with obvious implications; big behinds) and then he contrasts this with the claim that white men are attracted to women with tiny asses. Again, this is an example of a schitzophrenic living two realities -- in one reality white men like big butts, hence attraction to black women. In another reality white men like tiny butts, hence negating black women from the pool of attraction.

--------------------
Will destroy all Black Lies

BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something for both the black woman-bashers and the anti-interracial dating people to ponder over: marriages between black women and white men are more successful than marriages between white men and white women, black men and black women, or black men and white women.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
Something for both the black woman-bashers and the anti-interracial dating people to ponder over: marriages between black women and white men are more successful than marriages between white men and white women, black men and black women, or black men and white women.

Truthcentric,
Thanks for that bit of information, very interesting. I too have noticed this unconciously, and now that you've made me aware of it, even more cases pop up mentally where the above proved true. Thats why I could care less about black women dating interacially. If they're able to find their happiness with other ethnicities, they have my blessing. Halle Berry tried it with both Wesley Snipes and Eric Benet before dating Gabriel Aubrey and both of them acted like ignorant wife beating and wife cheating archtypes respectively. Eddy murphey too made me crinch with his behaviour towards Melany B. Like I said in my previous post, diasporal black men are damaged, and black women have alot to complain about in black males, and righfully so. I rather see them do that than have the ongoing patterns of negative behaviour passed on to our next generations. Not to say that said negative behaviour isn't manifested in white communities, but because of their long history of uninterrupted customs, religion and social values, the patterns for a succesfull marriage are engrained more in them than in members of the African diaspora.
BTW the destructive behavioural patterns of diasporal black males that cause agitation and seperation are so predictable, anyone who listens to relation related lamentation songs in R&B and Soul knows this. That is why it doesn't surprise me that marriages with ethnicities where those same predictable patterns are present in a lower frequencies, can result in more enduring black/white marriages, where the female is black. The fact that the same praiseworthy statistics are not present when the black individual is a male, is compatible with this view.

Kalonji

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I commend your contentious efforts to putting the "black women are least desirable" gobbledygook to rest. However, I think one might be a bit rash in suggesting that 'white' male and 'black female' unions are more successful than that between 'white' males and 'white' females, and likewise, between 'black' males and 'white' females. I think things have to be put into perspective: for one, 'white' male-'black' female unions are less frequent than the latter. Just to give you an idea of this, take the high profile examples of the entertainment industry for instance:

Take, the following celebrities...Dorothy Dandridge, Diahann Carroll, Whoopi Goldberg, Ertha Kitt, La Toya Jackson, or Donna Summer for example. These 'sistas' hooked up with 'white' fellows, whom they ended up doing away with. Some of these women have even hooked up with multiple 'white' male partners, ensuing in relationships that have all gone bad. Take Whoopi, for instance, who parted away from Ted Dansen, David Claessen, Lyle Trachtenberg, and Frank Langella -- all 'white' fellows. Donna Summer's first hubby was Telmuth Sommer -- 'white' fellow. I think Diahann Carroll too parted ways with more than one 'white' male partner, one of whom was Vic Damone. The point is, shouldn't the frequency of "interracial" unions be taken into consideration, because one doesn't have to go far to see examples of *unsuccessful* 'white' male and 'black' female relationships -- just look to public figures, like the examples given.

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I think most celebrity marriages are doomed to failure, with of course a few exceptions.

I actually read the Blog Truthcentric posted, and believe that this is EXACTLY the type of propaganda the original thread was about, before we all got side-tracked with Recovering's exaggerated proclamations.

The author of this blog is clearly trying to steer sisters to change their preference for Black men, most of what she writes is very negative towards the brothers. Talking about a "disgruntled" sister [Roll Eyes] She wrote,for example;

"You know, I do so believe that even if you give black men 'little green women' from Mars, they'd still find a way to mess it up royaly."

Claiming that White women married to Black men have complained about too much stress in their marriage, and trying to assure that this is not the case in BW/WM relationships.

She clearly does not focus on successful BW/BM relationships, as she is biased in trying to sell her book;

-

Again, I don't think this propaganda will succeed, as someone stated earlier, the Black woman is the protectors of our race (socially that is).

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
Take, the following celebrities...Dorothy Dandridge, Diahann Carroll, Whoopi Goldberg, Ertha Kitt, La Toya Jackson, or Donna Summer for example. These 'sistas' hooked up with 'white' fellows, whom they ended up doing away with. Some of these women have even hooked up with multiple 'white' male partners, ensuing in relationships that have all gone bad. Take Whoopi, for instance, who parted away from Ted Dansen, David Claessen, Lyle Trachtenberg, and Frank Langella -- all 'white' fellows. Donna Summer's first hubby was Telmuth Sommer -- 'white' fellow. I think Diahann Carroll too parted ways with more than one 'white' male partner, one of whom was Vic Damone. The point is, shouldn't the frequency of "interracial" unions be taken into consideration, because one doesn't have to go far to see examples of *unsuccessful* 'white' male and 'black' female relationships -- just look to public figures, like the examples given.

So, to challenge the conclusions drawn from the data I posted, you only have anecdotal evidence concerning celebrities?

My point was not that there are no unsuccessful WM/BW marriages or unions. My point is that, on average, WM/BW marriages are more successful than WM/WW, BM/BW, or BM/WW marriages.

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
Originally posted by homeylu:
Personally I think most celebrity marriages are doomed to failure, with of course a few exceptions.

I actually read the Blog Truthcentric posted, and believe that this is EXACTLY the type of propaganda the original thread was about, before we all got side-tracked with Recovering's exaggerated proclamations.

The author of this blog is clearly trying to steer sisters to change their preference for Black men, most of what she writes is very negative towards the brothers. Talking about a "disgruntled" sister [Roll Eyes] She wrote,for example;

"You know, I do so believe that even if you give black men 'little green women' from Mars, they'd still find a way to mess it up royaly."

Claiming that White women married to Black men have complained about too much stress in their marriage, and trying to assure that this is not the case in BW/WM relationships.

She clearly does not focus on successful BW/BM relationships, as she is biased in trying to sell her book;

-

Again, I don't think this propaganda will succeed, as someone stated earlier, the Black woman is the protectors of our race (socially that is).

LOL All you have in response to facts is complaining about the source's alleged bias? That's like a Eurocentrist dismissing Keita by accusing him of "Afrocentrism". Furthermore, why is it wrong for someone to argue that BW should be more open-minded to dating white men?

Of course there are lots of successful marriages between BM and BW. That doesn't change the fact that, on average, WM/BW marriages are more stable than WM/WW, BM/BW, or BM/WW. It may paint an unflattering image of black men and white women, but it's true.

Interestingly, I showed the same data to a Neo-Nazi who wanted me to avoid dating black women, and he dismissed the source as being "Jewish propaganda".

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ And what conclusions could be drawn from that ''study'' that anecdotal evidence posted above can't refute, i.e., Dandridge, Summer, et al? I didn't see anything in the way of how large a sample size was involved; a couple of percentages were thrown in but that's it. It may be there but I miissed it. Looks to me like a bunch of people on the link are doing nothing more than supporting their own realities rather than a comprehensive scientific study.
Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I did miss the ''study''. Now where are the sample sizes in the study?
Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There really is no study. The truth is, the number of marriages of black women to white men is so small, it is insignificant.
It is noise.
However, I do believe, due to BET/RAP, and it's cross-over appeal for white male youth (75% revenue derived) we will certainly see an increase in this area as white youth continue attempting to emulate black males in saggy pants, and women.

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
I actually agree w/your assessment, in part of course. If the media allows the hiphop crossover trend to continue then, yes, you will find an increase in generation 'Z' white youths seeking out black females. However, do you think the media will allow hiphop to dumb-down white boys to the point of no return? I really doubt that.

America is a capitalist country but, America, specifically white America also has traditional values. At the end of the day, tradition will trump capitalism. American is traditionally conservative. I believe they will pull the plug on the hiphop experiment; at-least in White America. Notice rap sells have plummeted these past few yrs. There is a reason for that you know. It is all by design.

quote:
There really is no study. The truth is, the number of marriages of black women to white men is so small, it is insignificant.
It is noise.
However, I do believe, due to BET/RAP, and it's cross-over appeal for white male youth (75% revenue derived) we will certainly see an increase in this area as white youth continue attempting to emulate black males in saggy pants, and women.

MissJennifer
Member # 16083

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissJennifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Asian and Hispanic women were not subjected to the historical abuse by White men as Black women have been, so they are obviously more willing to date/marry White men as a result.
As a young African American woman I have to disagree with this statement.

While, I am quite aware of the historical abuse by White men in the past because I make sure that I am educated about black history and history in general. I cannot relate to what black women went through hundreds of years ago. TODAY most white men are not raping or taking advantage of black women so most of the black wmoen in my age group are not using that as an excuse to date or not date outside their race. If anything I am more likely to be abused by a black man than a white man.

I am just tired of that excuse about what white men did hundreds of years ago to black women that are not here today being the reason why some black women dont date outside their race.

I most certainly wuold date outside my race if I by chance meet a white guy that I had similar interests with. But I don't live in an area where I have access to a lot of white men. I have had white men who had crushes on me before but they weren't my type and were much older

Posts: 103 | From: America | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Recovering Afro-holic:
America is a capitalist country but, America, specifically white America also has traditional values. At the end of the day, tradition will trump capitalism. American is traditionally conservative. I believe they will pull the plug on the hiphop experiment; at-least in White America. Notice rap sells have plummeted these past few yrs. There is a reason for that you know. It is all by design.

All sales have plummeted in the past few years, if not, please show evidence of exclusive low sale rates of Hiphop music. And for your information, the top ten of the best sold albums of the decade contain several hip hop albums. The same goes for the Digital sales of singles. Add that to the fact that white people are predominantly responsible for (hip hop) album sales, and the fact that black people were dramatically overrepresented in the nominations and winnings of the past few VMA's and MA's, and your argument goes to complete waste.

I'm waiting for your data.

Kalonji

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
Originally posted by MissJennifer:

While, I am quite aware of the historical abuse by White men in the past because I make sure that I am educated about black history and history in general. I cannot relate to what black women went through hundreds of years ago. TODAY most white men are not raping or taking advantage of black women so most of the black wmoen in my age group are not using that as an excuse to date or not date outside their race. If anything I am more likely to be abused by a black man than a white man.

I am just tired of that excuse about what white men did hundreds of years ago to black women that are not here today being the reason why some black women dont date outside their race.

I too think it's unlikely that black women who are reticent about dating out are thinking about the slave era.

That said, I can't help but wonder if a lot of white men who go out with black women today are only using them for sex or otherwise taking advantage of them. There has to be a good reason some black women are wary of white men, so it seems likely to me that there is something many white men are doing that is scaring off black women.

Personally, I do not want a black woman just for sex. I am interested in a long-term relationship with her.

MissJennifer
Member # 16083

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissJennifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I too think it's unlikely that black women who are reticent about dating out are thinking about the slave era.

That said, I can't help but wonder if a lot of white men who go out with black women today are only using them for sex or otherwise taking advantage of them. There has to be a good reason some black women are wary of white men, so it seems likely to me that there is something many white men are doing that is scaring off black women.

Personally, I do not want a black woman just for sex. I am interested in a long-term relationship with her.

The claim that white men are using black women only for sex are just things people say to discourage black women from dating outside their race. Maybe from black men who don't want anybody else to want black women. I had a black male freind who used to call black women 'whores' and 'bedwinches' for even considering dating a white man. A black female friend of ours entered an LTR with a white man, and he was incredibly angry about this that he said that if he went over to visit her, and the white guy was there, he would instigate a fight with him. So he never visited her

People act as if black men don't use or take advantage of black women. It happens everyday with all of these single mothers out here left to raise children on their own. Or how many black women have found themselves nothing but a booty call to a black man or waited on one to marry her and he never did. So the reasoning that white men are only using black wmoen for sex is baloney. Any man is capable of that. These are just chances you take when you are looking for love, you may get used or taken advantage of along the way

Posts: 103 | From: America | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^Personally, I think it's cultural. A lot of sisters think that only black men or ethnicities that are stereotypically known as ''cool'' like for example latino's can love them the way they want to be loved. Another point that black women may have against ethnicities (I personally have this too) is that the relationship between black people amongst themselves is natural. There are so many things black people don't have to explain to eachother that are just ''known''. It can be a source if irritation if things that are considered ''normal'' in one culture, are violated misunderstood and/or not practiced in the culture of the other partner. There is alot of power in knowing the cultural ins and outs of the girls you're interested in. Not to use it to impress her, that would be corny, but to avoid the pit falls and to be able to smoothen things out, and make her feel comfortable. Understanding without having to say a word speaks volumes. Some of my white friends that go out with me will have no problems dating black women, especially if the girls see them rolling with black people, very often they will just assume, oh, he is one of those cool guys.

And MissJennifer is right, only very rigid, rare black women will cockblock white people because of slavery. At least, that is my experience.

Kalonji

MissJennifer
Member # 16083

Rate Member
you made good points Kalonj

to TruthCentric, I am curious what type of black women do you go for? what skin color, hairtype, features??

BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
to TruthCentric, I am curious what type of black women do you go for? what skin color, hairtype, features??

Here are some of my favorites to give you an idea of what I like:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
You have good taste.
I personally lean towards more narrow featured black women like Kerry Washington, Kelly rowland (recent) LOL, I don't know what she did to herself but ever since she split with destiny child I'm loving her more and more. I prefer her over Beyonce because of her personality, even though B shows more personality in her lyrics. I like Stacey Dash the most, I think I had a crush on her when I saw Clueless the first time. Anyway, these are types I tend be attracted to.

Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Them skanks aint nothing on this sister. Man! she is blazing in the bikini!

-

That right there be some good prime ish!

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arwa, I tried to PM you something but your mailbox is full.
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

So, to challenge the conclusions drawn from the data I posted, you only have anecdotal evidence concerning celebrities?

I'll have to assume that you have arrived at this assessment of my post, because you haven't *carefully* read it.

quote:

My point was not that there are no unsuccessful WM/BW marriages or unions. My point is that, on average, WM/BW marriages are more successful than WM/WW, BM/BW, or BM/WW marriages.

How do you define "successful" here; on what paradigms? What *specifically* have you weighed between these groups to arrive at this, and how far demographically? This was the point of my post, and it would be nice to have those specifics.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

I have on hands personal examples that come to mind between such unions, but then, that would just amount to hearsay, an area I like to steer away from to the extent I can.

quote:

I can see how one can arrive at that, having read the study in the link provided in Truthcentric's link.

Here is a question that I sought to test with Truthcentric: Given that 'white male" and "black female" unions are less frequent than the other said unions, shouldn't one expect the *chances* of "parting ways" [I suppose, if that is a major gauge of "success" here <<shrug>>?] to be lower comparatively, when compared to the more frequent examples? Like others here, and myself, have observed, I guess, it will be clearer from knowing the extent of sample sizes, not only nationally but *internationally* where such unions are possible, over what specific time frames with their associated sample specifics, and the *specific* items weighed to determine what constitutes "success", as I can imagine this word being subjective according to interviewees. For you, this is just a rhetorical question, though you may chime in should you wish to do so.

Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

The claim that white men are using black women only for sex are just things people say to discourage black women from dating outside their race. Maybe from black men who don't want anybody else to want black women. I had a black male freind who used to call black women 'whores' and 'bedwinches' for even considering dating a white man. A black female friend of ours entered an LTR with a white man, and he was incredibly angry about this that he said that if he went over to visit her, and the white guy was there, he would instigate a fight with him. So he never visited her

You honestly think "black" males have that much power the screw the minds of "black" females to discourage them from having relationship with others outside of their so-called "race"? If that were possible, one would think that "white" males would be just as capable of socially-conditioning their female counterparts from having relationships with those outside their so-called "race".

quote:

People act as if black men don't use or take advantage of black women. It happens everyday with all of these single mothers out here left to raise children on their own. Or how many black women have found themselves nothing but a booty call to a black man or waited on one to marry her and he never did. So the reasoning that white men are only using black wmoen for sex is baloney. Any man is capable of that. These are just chances you take when you are looking for love, you may get used or taken advantage of along the way

Well, there is certainly that problem of single-parents; I think it has to do with a host of socio-economic issues ranging from the inability to break away from pattern, like son being raised by a single mom household and going onto do the same with his future female partner, inadequate intra-community education schemes designed to reduce *early* age parenting that are bound to fail in the future -- hence, leaving mothers with children, generally economic disparity between "races" -- though inexcusable, with many male figures discouraged from raising kids, because they just don't have the financial means to raise a family, not to mention the prison populations that leave children in single-parent households, et al. I think societal structure contributes to these issues, even if not solely responsible.
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Good info, although the sweeping claims on some websites of a parallel situation where black women will eventually out-marry to the same extent as Asian women may not be warranted given the smaller numbers of BW/WM unions. Only time will tell. Nevertheless, this research contradicts claims (some advanced by the Mormon Church for example, among others) that interracial marriages are automatically "doomed" simply because they are interracial. According to this data, the BW/WM couplings posted a better showing than all-white "role models". The growth rate for such couplings BW/WM is actually higher than at present than for BM/WW. Will "aority" be achieved? Only time will tell.

The BMale/WFemale couplings rate is higher, and is the type of union most opposed by society. Social opposition for the B/W couples was also much higher than for other groups such as Hispanics and Asians the article notes. Generally the overall IR divorce rates are not that much higher than for white unions:

[quote]"For example, Bramlett and Mosher (2002) found that 41% of interracial couples divorced by the 10th year of marriage compared to only 31% of same-race couples.

Heaton's analysis using national survey data found that interracial marriages were 13% more likely than same-race marriages to divorce, after controlling for social and demographic background characteristics. Using a similar list of controls, Kreider (2000) reported that interracial marriages tended to have shorter durations, but she concluded that factors such as age at marriage and educational level have more impact on whether a marriage dissolves than couple-level racial dissimilarity."

Tables in the article weblink do not show, but the bm/wf pattern is significantly larger, with divorces twice as likely compared to white unions, although still lower than Asian male/white female unions. Other factors such as age play a part (the blacks married younger) in marriage dissolutions besides race the article notes.*edit* This higher risk pattern is well known, but the data in toto, including the female pattern, hardly supports the earth-shattering, apocalyptic tone we hear from certain quarters about automatically "doomed" interracial marriages where black folk are involved.

Strangely, stats for IR marriage actually show more stability for these couplings than same-race unions prior to 1980. "Among those marrying before 1980, the likelihood of divorce for same-race marriages was actually slightly higher than for interracial marriages (51.1% vs. 46.3%)"

While B/W IR unions are a small minority of unions, the data shows that the performance of white "role models" on the marriage front is unimpressive to begin with, and the primary force in destroying the institution of marriage as it is traditionally known is also centered among reputed white "role models" - namely white homosexuals at the present time.

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Aside from the Mormon's wanderings which one of the interracial marriages above is this 41% referring to? The reader will recall white men/black women as the attention getter.
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
LOL All you have in response to facts is complaining about the source's alleged bias? That's like a Eurocentrist dismissing Keita by accusing him of "Afrocentrism". Furthermore, why is it wrong for someone to argue that BW should be more open-minded to dating white men?

Of course there are lots of successful marriages between BM and BW. That doesn't change the fact that, on average, WM/BW marriages are more stable than WM/WW, BM/BW, or BM/WW. It may paint an unflattering image of black men and white women, but it's true.

Interestingly, I showed the same data to a Neo-Nazi who wanted me to avoid dating black women, and he dismissed the source as being "Jewish propaganda".

I am NOT arguing about how successful or unsuccessful are interracial relationships are.So those facts are insignificant! (You assume because someone argues that Black Women prefer same race marriages, that this person is somehow ANTI-interracial)

In other words, one FACT, doesn't change another FACT. However using one fact (success rate of BW/WM marriages to INFLUENCE another fact BW preference for BM, DOES show bias, in that she is using this data to ENCOURAGE BW to dismiss BM, biased against BM, in her claim that they are not even successful in BM/WW marriages.

The source's bias simply goes back to the original topic, if you took the time to read it. She is part of this propaganda, she, the author herself.

Personally I could care less who dates or marries outside their race, but I do care about preserving my racial heritage (socially) and would not like to see a SIGNIFICANT change in BW preferences. (now that's my own bias [Wink] ) As I think the white father of subsequent children may not teach the history the way I would like to see it taught. Now you can argue with me on this, I welcome a different view.

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if religious institutions such as the Catholic church that discourages divorce has as effect on the numbers.ex if one or both party happens to be Catholic would they tend to work out whatever problems more..or say inter ethnic marriages but both parties are Muslims.. who I tend to stereotype a little as being more conservative and of family values type.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Asian and Hispanic women were not subjected to the historical abuse by White men as Black women have been, so they are obviously more willing to date/marry White men as a result.

I most certainly wuold date outside my race if I by chance meet a white guy that I had similar interests with. But I don't live in an area where I have access to a lot of white men. I have had white men who had crushes on me before but they weren't my type and were much older

Miss J, I'm not speaking about individual cases, such as yours, its speaking in general. And I don't know your "age group" as the same study does show that the OLDER a female becomes, the more relaxed she is in her dating options.

I don't think women are CONSCIOUSLY thinking of the past, but pressure from society and family is a lot worst for females than men. I even see this is my own family; If a male relative has a white girlfriend, no one seems bothered, but they raise Holy hell when one of the female relatives brings a White male to the family Bar-b-que.

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
Like others here, and myself, have observed, I guess, it will be clearer from knowing the extent of sample sizes, not only nationally but *internationally* where such unions are possible, over what specific time frames with their associated sample specifics, and the *specific* items weighed to determine what constitutes "success", as I can imagine this word being subjective according to interviewees. For you, this is just a rhetorical question, though you may chime in should you wish to do so. [/QB]

From what I've read, it apppears that they measured "success" on who has remained married past a "10 year threshold".
Avee
Member # 16937

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"White men preferred Asian and Latino dating partners to African Americans"

Source: http://www.uci.edu/uci/features/feature_datingandrace_090421.php [/QB]

That is music to my ears. [Big Grin]
Posts: 87 | From: Sweden | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Avee:
quote:

Source: http://www.uci.edu/uci/features/feature_datingandrace_090421.php

That is music to my ears. [Big Grin] [/QB]
OT, Avee what's it like for a Black woman living in sweden. I'm only assuming you're a BW from your avatar. I'm sure you get a lot of attention. Would you say most of it is positive.
Avee
Member # 16937

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboo:
quote:
Only people that suffer from low self-esteem or lack thereof needs an outsider to validate their self-worth and/or standards of beauty.

Beauty standards change from season to season, just like other trends.

I think you are describing both black men and black women since they suffer greatly from low self-esteem and it is always those two groups that looks for validation outside their group. Beauty standards doesn't change from season to season. Since white supremacy conquer the standard of beauty is that of white or close to it.
Not according to this study:

Self-Esteem of Ethnic Groups

In 2002, Jennifer Crocker and Jean Twenge conducted a “meta-analysis of studies of self-esteem.” They intended to discover which American ethnic group would score the highest on a self-esteem test. They also wanted to identify how each group’s self-esteem ranked in comparison to how positively society regarded that group. The researchers proceeded by making 712 self-esteem comparisons among five ethnic groups: Native Americans, Asian Americans, Latinos, African Americans and European Americans.
The outcomes surprised Crocker and Twenge. They learned that African Americans scored the highest in the self-esteem category, but ranked last in the area of Society’s Positive Regard for the group. They concluded that African Americans consistently make positive statements about themselves even though society does not view them positively. European Americans were second, Latinos third, Native Americans fourth, and Asian Americans were last. Asian Americans’ ranking surprised the researchers because, outside of European Americans, the other groups hold them in high regard.

Posts: 87 | From: Sweden | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avee
Member # 16937

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Source: http://www.uci.edu/uci/features/feature_datingandrace_090421.php

That is music to my ears. [Big Grin]

OT, Avee what's it like for a Black woman living in sweden. I'm only assuming you're a BW from your avatar. I'm sure you get a lot of attention. Would you say most of it is positive. [/QB]
Am a Dude married to damn beautiful woman from my country. most blacks here are from Africa therefore prefer to marry women/men from their homelands. There are a few WM/BF relationships over here. Alot of young black boys imported by swedish/scandinavian sex tourists from places like the gambia(the women that import them are often older)These young dump them for young Swedish girls. They have fathered alot bi-racial children. The relationships/marriages never last. After messing with white females here they return to their countries and marry their own women. Which is good by me.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been to Germany many times. This phenomenon is seen a lot. WW/BM. Seems like the Germans are trying to make a point.

quote:
[QUOTE]. Alot of young black boys imported by swedish/scandinavian sex tourists from places like the gambia(the women that import them are often older). . They have fathered alot bi-racial children. The . . . .

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Where are those punk ass dudettes( Afro-nut and his crew)!!!

quote:
[QUOTE]Not according to this study:

In 2002, Jennifer Crocker and Jean Twenge conducted a “meta-analysis of studies of self-esteem.” They intended to discover which American ethnic group would score the highest on a self-esteem test. They also wanted to identify how each group’s self-esteem ranked in comparison to how positively society regarded that group. The researchers proceeded by making 712 self-esteem comparisons among five ethnic groups: Native Americans, Asian Americans, Latinos, African Americans and European Americans.
The outcomes surprised Crocker and Twenge. They learned that African Americans scored the highest in the self-esteem category, but ranked last in the area of Society’s Positive Regard for the group. They concluded that African Americans consistently make positive statements about themselves even though society does not view them positively. European Americans were second, Latinos third, Native Americans fourth, and Asian Americans were last. Asian Americans’ ranking surprised the researchers because, outside of European Americans, the other groups hold them in high regard.

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
Am a Dude married to damn beautiful woman from my country. most blacks here are from Africa therefore prefer to marry women/men from their homelands. There are a few WM/BF relationships over here. Alot of young black boys imported by swedish/scandinavian sex tourists from places like the gambia(the women that import them are often older)These young dump them for young Swedish girls. They have fathered alot bi-racial children. The relationships/marriages never last. After messing with white females here they return to their countries and marry their own women. Which is good by me.

Sorry, for the ASSuming, [Smile] .

It sounds like the same phenomenal occuring in modern Egypt, according to some of the posters in the Love and Marriage forum.

Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
since the moderator felt the need to censor my writing, I think I'll just lay in the cut and watch you loons without my help.

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:

quote:

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Recovering Afro-holic:
since the moderator felt the need to censor my writing, I think I'll just lay in the cut and watch you loons without my help.

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:

quote:

Don't let the door hit cha!!! HAAAAAAA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
^Actually, do let the door hit you. and HARD.
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti. Your mailbox is also full. Try PM again.
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Gaul
Member # 16198

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Gaul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Why is it that it seems to be a fad among some black people (especially younger ones in my generation) nowadays to quickly air the dirty laundry of their own kind...

quote:
If anything I am more likely to be abused by a black man than a white man.
while shouting to the world "Forget the past, I'm down with whitey" with strongly absolute statements like:

quote:
I most certainly wuold date outside my race if I by chance meet a white guy that I had similar interests with.
???

I NEVER hear any other group of people speak with such a weak nationalistic attitude. In fact, even if other groups have problems, they will always bring out the best things about themselves, not the worst of the worst.

Is it just me who has noticed it's almost an "in" thing among black people (and not just ones in the diaspora, but continental ones as well) to go out of their way to show how accepting they are of ol' chalky while speaking the worst of their own?? [Confused]

Posts: 455 | From: Tharsis Montes | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

I too am tired of black people bashing their own race. They don't seem to realize that they're only making white people feel justified in harboring anti-black prejudices and discriminating against blacks. Self-insulting blacks only make things worse for their own ethnic group.

Interestingly, I don't often see white people with this same critical attitude towards their fellow whites. We may not have a problem acknowledging the wrongs of our ancestors, but we tend to deny that we're still causing any problems for non-whites or that we should heal the wounds inflicted on the current generation of non-whites by our ancestors. We're often telling non-whites that they should get over the past and that they're the real racists. Not only that, but when one of our own suggests that maybe we should confront the effects of past and present racism, we accuse them of suffering from "white guilt". For all our complaining about people of color not taking personal responsibility for their condition, we ourselves are not taking personal responsibility for our bullshit either.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Europeans Faggotonius
Member # 17517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Europeans Faggotonius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, this must be the crackhouse,
because all you guy seem to be smoking crack nowaddays.
I guess all yall take a couple hits from your straight shooter, and them come online high.
Sorry i stumbled up on your hangout.

Im gone

Posts: 416 | From: Solar System | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Gaul:
Why is it that it seems to be a fad among some black people (especially younger ones in my generation) nowadays to quickly air the dirty laundry of their own kind...

LOL, you think other ethnicities haven't noticed?
Or that they are dependent on us speaking openly about it to notice it? The fact that you called it dirty laundry instead of being in denial tells me that you acknowledge the problem is there. The thing is, not confronting the problems head on but sweeping them under the rug won't solve them and will get us nowhere. I'd like to ask you, how do you suggest black people go about solving our ''problems'' regarding black male behaviour in the dating/family environment, if not openly discussing it?

The Gaul
Member # 16198

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Gaul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalonji:
quote:
Originally posted by Gaul:

LOL, you think other ethnicities haven't noticed?
Or that they are dependent on us speaking openly about it to notice it? The fact that you called it dirty laundry instead of being in denial tells me that you acknowledge the problem is there. The thing is, not confronting the problems head on but sweeping them under the rug won't solve them and will get us nowhere. I'd like to ask you, how do you suggest black people go about solving our ''problems'' regarding black male behaviour in the dating/family environment, if not openly discussing it?

LOL, I could care less of what ethnicities notice or not and LOL, thats not the point. When I said "air dirty laundry" I was speaking in general terms and did not validate on whether or not it's true that a black woman is more likely to be beaten by a black man over others...all things being equal. Being there is actually a garment called a "wife beater" that comes from poor whites leads me to believe otherwise, but no documentation or reasoning was given other than MissJennifer's perception. So the ONLY thing I acknowledged was how these dirty "perceptions" seemed to be readily loudmouthed by our own kind while readily lauding the willingness to be in comfort with other groups. Which brings me to the next point.

quote:
The thing is, not confronting the problems head on but sweeping them under the rug won't solve them and will get us nowhere.
Who said anything about any problems, be they real or just preceptions, be "swept under the rug"? Can't problems be fixed more effieciently and accurately "in house", or "in the family"?? Must our problems or perceptions be loudmouthed to white people on public websites with mixed membership, or on non-black radio or TV in order for them to be fixed? Do you lack confidence in that? Curious.

The MAIN POINT was that, comparatively speaking, it seems black people are more prone to downing our own kind while being ready to acknowledge the acceptance of others VERY LOUDLY purely based on perception and speaks to a very weak attitude and confidence in our own amongst mine and the younger generation (at least this is what I'm seeing). I don't know of any other group that does this.

You seem like a prime candidate for this...

http://whatblackmenthink.com/?p=1328

Posts: 455 | From: Tharsis Montes | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com