EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Who will sign on to this project? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who will sign on to this project?
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hammer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree the mods shouls delete some threads. lets start with the goofey Natuifan stuff that contradicts all the data out there on early agriculture. How about the nutty african Greek posts that not a dingle Greek historian agrees with. So yes, the mods should become more active.
Posts: 2036 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jari-Ankhamun:
Yeah, ts pretty comedic, the question really is Moderation. I don't want to drag on as I still endorse ignoring trolls but If Mods. could delete some of these Treads I mean come on..a Black/White Barbie thread about 5 on Albino Africans etc. A Bunch of Madness more Comedic than educational.

Yes, ES has become comedy central. I'll bet the trolling has been around as long as the Moderator has been MIA. Also the link M.O.M. posted was a good 6 months ago, will 1 week even make a difference? They keep changing their names so much, one can hardly keep up with them. Even this thread in itself, has become a magnet of sorts.
Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this 'project' or rather pledge couldn't come any sooner.

If it wasn't bad enough that this section of the forum is being overrun by trolls, now it appears there is a 'troll war' going on.

I will take Takruri's offer though and instead of responding to trolls, I will just create my threads on ancient Egyptian culture in the Egyptology section. I hope all the veterans and intelligent folk will follow.

Posts: 26322 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti,

You dog eating muskrat. You need to take that dildo out of your back pocket.

HEE HEE HEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jari-Ankhamun wrote:
-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------

Fruitcake you're the one that can't resist responding to them with such passivity.

I find it ironic in how it is those who respond to them that also believe in African inferiority.

I can post links to Jari-Ankhamun's racism against Africans if needed.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
-----------------------------
The problem would actually lie with the individuals not up to date, new to the board, who will think they're contributing to ES, and post in the threads with more pseudo science which ultimately keep the troll threads going.

Most of the idiots arguing with the loons don't even know what pseudoscience is, yet alone are smart enough to recognize they are propagating it.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no refuge at the mother forum. Smelling
victory here trolls are now infesting Egyptology
forum too. Look at numerous off topic no way
related to Egyptology subject matter there these
past few months. Look at the inane reply posts in
even the valid threads.

Egyptology is no more moderated than Ancient Egypt
though four moderators are listed. I tried to have a
post denigrating whites as sexual deviates removed
from my DSC thread by using the  - icon. But
nothing ever happened.

A while back I clicked on each of the Egyptology
moderators' names. The moderator you all voted
for has his mail turned off. He wasn't the only
one. Except for Ausar I got no response.

Ausar is busy elsewhere in life. He explained why
he had to give up full time moderator duties, and
I feel bad personally impinging him to clean up a
thread, move irrelevant threads from Egyptology to
Ancient Egypt, etc.

We have to do something right here and take back
Ancient Egypt or else just forget about ES as a
forum site for progressive academic Egyptology
and Africana.

Please post here to this forum during the target
week. We will give it the good fight and drive
them back.

Hashishin attack!

P.S.
Of course having a for real moderator would be an
immense help (sifting the kitty litter essentially).
But there's another factor. The site owner and the
bottomline driven by counter hits. The trolls obviously
dominate there and so to "management" are a benefit
to the site.

How can we counteract that? Click on one of the
advertisers everytime you surf in. It may help
us if during target week the stats show a spike
in ad hits from Egypology forum and Ancient Egypt
forum.

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
I don't know if this 'project' or rather pledge couldn't come any sooner.

If it wasn't bad enough that this section of the forum is being overrun by trolls, now it appears there is a 'troll war' going on.

I will take Takruri's offer though and instead of responding to trolls, I will just create my threads on ancient Egyptian culture in the Egyptology section. I hope all the veterans and intelligent folk will follow.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by argyle104:

Most of the idiots arguing with the loons don't even know what pseudoscience is, yet alone are smart enough to recognize they are propagating it.

I have to agree with this statement.
Outside of the area of Linguistics, the rest of this crap posing as scholarship is merely blind and ignorant regurgitation of pseudo science based propaganda.

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
MelaninKing wrote:
-------------------------------------
Outside of the area of Linguistics, the rest of this crap posing as scholarship is merely blind and ignorant regurgitation of pseudo science based propaganda.
-------------------------------------

Selective picture spam and "stereotypical negro subsaharan black , etc, etc" is all they do.

Arguably they do it more than the loons.

argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
alTakruri wrote:

Its telling how your colorstruck punk ass tried to get postings removed when you felt they attacked whites.

All of the anti black/African postings targeting specific African ethnic groups both in and out of Africa you tolerated, even participated yourself. Remember when you called African Americans niggers?

Take your punk ass on somewhere.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

You lying whore, aren't you dancing with said trolls as we speak?
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Names and pledges please.

Just to see where the power rests
who will volunteer for one week
(the week of March 21 - March 27)
to absolutely under no circumstance
not reply nor respond to even the vilest post
from the resident trolls running this forum?

Of course if we don't try it
then of course it won't work.

P.S. those who refuse do aid and abet the trolls
and there is a difference between a troll type of
post versus honest counterpoint or contrary views
which are always welcome.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hammer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These Afroloons think they own the board. It is the only place where they can post this nonsense and actually have a few people, a very few, listen.
Posts: 2036 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shooo!!

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The welder is becoming emotionally unstable. A teacher?. . . . . (big) HHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!

Yuya female. . . . . get your AE personalities straight. You get an F!!!

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading this thread, and others like it, I now realize that it doesn't matter if the trolls or rednecks are around or not. You guys hate each other! If you don't have any racists to argue with, you'll just beat EACH OTHER down, in the most un-scholarly straight up 'hood' fashion.

Peace Brothers!

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't agree more.
Just look at my recent thread.
I'm not bothered though, it makes for easy distinguising who is real and who is silly. Who is worthy responding to and who isn't. I'm prolly the youngest here, and I'm guessing a large componant of the posters here are older, yet some of them act like little teenagers. Also, if we go by the usual definition of the word trolling, Hammer, Recovering, Bettyboo and others sharing their sentiments are not the only ones engaging in it.

Kalonji

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Let's do our thang thizzle..

quote:
Originally posted by Kalonji:
Couldn't agree more.
Just look at my recent thread.
I'm not bothered though, it makes for easy distinguising who is real and who is silly. Who is worthy responding to and who isn't. I'm prolly the youngest here, and I'm guessing a large componant of the posters here are older, yet some of them act like little teenagers. Also, if we go by the usual definition of the word trolling, Hammer, Recovering, Bettyboo and others sharing their sentiments are not the only ones engaging in it.

Kalonji

Tru that. More and more, esp. with tha last few years and all, i've felt like trolling .. in a good way though.

Like, lightweight how the posters "[argyle104]" and "jamaican crab" satire certain postings or post styles some of the time, only i'd be without some of the corrosive intentions they seem to have for honest and cooperative exploration of "black history".

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
@ Homeylu. Yes you may be young . . .and thus misunderstand some of the effervescent responses from black posters to each other. Don't mis-interpret it as "hate".

Black people are NOT a hating people. Don't mistake gamesmanship as hate. Many of them don't like to be wrong and have a point to prove. It is all good. But ALL. . .maybe most (not including Recovered [Big Grin] ) have Africana at heart. Disagreement don't equate to hate.

As you mature you will realise that. [Wink]

Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
xyy, you are no more african than I am.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
@ Homeylu. Yes you may be young . . .and thus misunderstand some of the effervescent responses from black posters to each other. Don't mis-interpret it as "hate".

Black people are NOT a hating people. Don't mistake gamesmanship as hate. Many of them don't like to be wrong and have a point to prove. It is all good. But ALL. . .maybe most (not including Recovered [Big Grin] ) have Africana at heart. Disagreement don't equate to hate.

As you mature you will realise that. [Wink]

I think you're mixing our posts up, besides mixing up banter with disrespect.

Kalonji

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Sorry. @ Kalonji. . .and Homeylu. No dis-respect to you two just advice from an older brother.
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok!! fellas/fellets we are down to days before operation Troll Starve.if you notice some has reverted to old nicks..here is a few clues of posts/threads to starve.

Any post with the titles submitted by a known or a recognized troll.

Egyptians weren't.. Blacks/ngrs(bait)

Egyptians didn't have short nose,long nose no nose wide nose..etc(bait)

Blacks can't/couldn't have built..traveled..blah blah blah (bait)

Black peoples have low intelligence..because.they are black(bait)

Afrocentric are this or that.(bait)

Whitey are blah..blah..blah just because they are white-skinned (bait)

As a matter of fact be just as mind-full of those who claim to be super-Afrocentric,who go around throwing invectives at no white-skinned person in particular..for they may very well be plants whose purpose here is to drive down the credibility of this forum and turn it into a version of Stormfront or Arguewitheveryone.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH one more thing be mind-full of baiting trolls yourselves by the type of threads you create..St Tigrey..see your last thread.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Sorry. @ Kalonji. . .and Homeylu. No dis-respect to you two just advice from an older brother.

No need to apologise, ''ish'' happens.
My mention of disrespect was not referring to anything you said, even though I don't fully agree with it, but rather the tone some choose to adopt towards reasonable people. Perhaps a good consideration for the non-troll posters during the designated week, is to moderate their own tone as well, when responding to reasonable people, or if generally unreasonable, one could consider to loosen up when the same individual demonstrates openness to change in face of consentual evidence. Again, the keyword is reasonable, because everyone understandably loses his/her composure from time to time when people are being unreasonable, whether this rigidness, is coming from a troll or (someone who is considered) a non-troll.

Kalonji

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:

NP, but I'm not young either, although I look it, thanks to the melanin that keeps my skin from aging. [Razz]

I think Kalonji is a very intelligent young man/or woman?? I have children around this age. We should be proud that they take an active interest in their culture and politics. Kalonji could be on a VHS forum arguing about who RayJ should've picked to be his girl, [Smile] .

We should not attack our younger generation based on their ideals. Their world is much different than ours was 20 years ago. A lot of their peers of another race are much more progressive than their parents were. It's this generation that helped put a Black man in office.

It's a shame that a youngster has to tell grown-azz men how to behave.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Who is RayJ.. . .??

But seriously, next week will be a test of our self-control.

The main weakness of black people is discipline. I have always said that. We are intelligent, logical and far superior physically than other groups.(Is that bait Brada?).

Sometimes I believe a strong military junta(with vision ) is what is needed in some of these black countries. You know. . to get us back on track.

quote:
Originally posted by homeylu:
Kalonji could be on a VHS forum arguing about who RayJ should've picked to be his girl, [Smile] .

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Xyyman
quote:
The main weakness of black people is discipline. I have always said that. We are intelligent, logical and far superior physically than other groups.(Is that bait Brada?).
Naaw!!..but most folks do have a lack of self discipline especially if one is from the west where instant gratification is the norm. a benevolent Tyrant is still a Tyrant they always kill alotta people wouldn't go in that direction.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by homeylu:
quote:

NP, but I'm not young either, although I look it, thanks to the melanin that keeps my skin from aging. [Razz]

I think Kalonji is a very intelligent young man/or woman?? I have children around this age. We should be proud that they take an active interest in their culture and politics. Kalonji could be on a VHS forum arguing about who RayJ should've picked to be his girl, [Smile] .

We should not attack our younger generation based on their ideals. Their world is much different than ours was 20 years ago. A lot of their peers of another race are much more progressive than their parents were. It's this generation that helped put a Black man in office.

It's a shame that a youngster has to tell grown-azz men how to behave.

I'm a dude.
Thanks for your compliment Homeylu, although I don't think I'm any more intelligent than the other normal functioning posters on this forum.

See, we all have different goals when we registered to this forum and we also have ways to make sure those goals are reached. Some people are here to network, others to learn or teach, or perhaps a combination. Other, less functioning posters have forgotten their original purpose, and have disintegrated into dissenting and attention seeking. I see this al the time, they have this weird mix of trolling, yet pretending to conduct themselves in a scholarly manner. Failing to notice that whatever your goal is, it is going to shine through your postings sooner or later, depending on how good you are at hiding it. And it's either going to make you look like a dumb douche that is devoid of any admirable purpose, or someone that is productive and what others might call intelligent. [Wink]

Kalonji

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Xyyman
quote:
Naaw!!..but most folks do have a lack of self discipline especially if one is from the west where instant gratification is the norm. a benevolent Tyrant is still a Tyrant they always kill alotta people wouldn't go in that direction.
Agreed, Africans that are fresh of the continent are representing for us in ways that are undeniable. Having the highest rate of education is hardly something a discipline lacking population can achieve. It is however largely present in diasporal Africans, or may I not say that? Better shut up before I'm accused of airing out dirty laundry...
Sorry Gaul, couldn't resist it..
[Big Grin]

From a psychological perspective, it will be interesting to see how the week will proceed, with emphasis on how non-trolls will be able to control their inclinations, and how the trolls will respond when they do. I haven't committed to participating in this project because I've stopped responding to antagonists before that, and will continue after that week. I must say, it isn't hard at all. Don't mean to be cheeky, but seriously, I don't know what took the majority of this forum so long.

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
quote:
Who is RayJ.. . .??

But seriously, next week will be a test of our self-control.

Sometimes I believe a strong military junta(with vision ) is what is needed in some of these black countries. You know. . to get us back on track.

Xyyman, don't you have any teenagers? How could you not know who Ray J is???? Lol, j/k I just found out who he is myself about a year ago.

Yes, I agree very intelligent, plus I don't have this testosterone thing figured out yet, and the male ego is something to behold, you all will kill each other to have the last word, even 5 threads later, I STG. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Kalonji:
I'm a dude.
Thanks for your compliment Homeylu, although I don't think I'm any more intelligent than the other normal functioning posters on this forum.

See, we all have different goals when we registered to this forum and we also have ways to make sure those goals are reached. Some people are here to network, others to learn or teach, or perhaps a combination. Other, less functioning posters have forgotten their original purpose, and have disintegrated into dissenting and attention seeking. I see this al the time, they have this weird mix of trolling, yet pretending to conduct themselves in a scholarly manner. Failing to notice that whatever your goal is, it is going to shine through your postings sooner or later, depending on how good you are at hiding it. And it's either going to make you look like a dumb douche that is devoid of any admirable purpose, or someone that is productive and what others might call intelligent. [Wink]

Kalonji

YW, I'm just proud to see the younger generation take an interest in these type of controversial discussions, most are so distracted these days.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
my bad.. .thought you were a guy. Couple of toddlers they are not into hip hop as yet.

But I like "Beamer Benz Bentley"(LOL). . .just as the other guy. Low on substance but great hook to the song.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I said military NOT Tyrant. Hey I am parrtial to Capitalism. But do you think Russia would of gotten to this point without Stalin? He brought Russia into the 20th Century.

Now it has the ability to switch systems and compete in the world.

quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Xyyman
quote:

Chopper City
Member # 16969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chopper City     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are no whites on this board (except that one cunt I used to get on the train with), just a bunch of jobless Africans. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 368 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just one more day my time untill operation starveatroll..soo far Trolls are talking to themselves except for a few hold outs who want to commence on the exact time..so I hope and not some fifth column..good luck ladies and gentlemen..
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by astenb:
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Names and pledges please.

Just to see where the power rests
who will volunteer for one week
(the week of March 21 - March 27)
to absolutely under no circumstance
not reply nor respond to even the vilest post
from the resident trolls running this forum?

Of course if we don't try it
then of course it won't work.

P.S. those who refuse do aid and abet the trolls
and there is a difference between a troll type of
post versus honest counterpoint or contrary views
which are always welcome.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com