EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Halie Selassie and Menelik II: We are white and proud (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Halie Selassie and Menelik II: We are white and proud
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kalonji:
Very interesting
Several points go against everything I held to be true about Halie Selassie. Will get to the bottom of this one of these days. This is exactly why I am all for having diverse people in the environment that have different thought patterns on whatever we hold to be true. We'll see in the near future how much truth there is to this and whether there is more.

I don't see this as evidence to change my attitude toward Hallie Sallase. I mean first off If he DID in fact claim Ethiopians to a mix of "Semite" and "Hamite" did he not come from a lineage the Solomonic which claimed to be of Sheba and Solomon?? So again people who study Africana and Ethiopia know full well of the Solomonic so why should Salasse claims of Half Semetic and Hamitic be a big deal.

Now the whole romantisizing with the British and Italians sounds a little pathetic but the African kingdom of the Kongo did this with the Portugese.

Again I still think Salasse was a Good African leader.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jari-Ankhamun:
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
Yeah As I read what Osirion said, it made me see that ignorance is bliss.

Why even make a post about that? Just because someone does not like HIM does not mean you should try and group them with vile disgusting people like the nazis.

Brada let me ask you if this is true. I hear that Rastas are divided into 4 clans. The Bobo Shanti, 12 Tribes, Nyahbinghi, and I forget the last. Now I hear the 12 tribes don't look at Selassie as God but continue to believe in Jesus's 2nd coming. Now is this true, or am I offbase.

Brada, IronLion if you can chime in hear please.

Peace

There are many different "Rasta" groups. Some(MOST) are more peaceful Pro African folks who believe in Race Unity and that the Ethiopians are the true Jews, they believe The Garden of eden was in Ethiopia(Some evidence exists for this). Some believe that Israel was in Ethiopia instead of Canaan, though Im not sure if many hold on to this idea, I would ask Iron Lion.

Then there are Millitant Rastas who believe White people are the Epitomy of Satan. Im not sure what they hold for End Times but I think it revoves around Babyon(Western Civilization) being destoyed by a Black Messiah(Maybe Hallie Sallasse becuase they(some??) say Halle is Jesus). Then again I could be wrong but I have battled some of these Millitant Rastas from time to time.(They say that the Bible is Astrological with no proof then use the bible to condemn whites, or they espouse the debunked and false doctine that Jesus is Horus and Christianity is based off of Egyptian myths..) Though most Millitant Rastas tend to keep to themselves unlike Black Hebrews.

Im not sure how the 12 tribes works with Rastas but the black Hebrews have a 12 tribe doctrine, and like the Rastas you have Peaceful black Hebrews who accept all races and Millitant ones that preach death to the "Gentiles" esp. so called Edomites.

Most Rastas are cool, lol and some have me cracking up on youtube esp. when they talk about the Pope...LOOOL...MAN.

Other than worshipping Halle Sallsie(Im not sure I worshipping him is even true, it might be a rumor. they might just regard him as a prophet??), I mean he was a great African leader and all, I see no problem with Rastas.

Jari, you are alright man...you are cool!

Peace and Love!

Lion!

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Very interesting
Several points go against everything I held to be true about Halie Selassie. Will get to the bottom of this one of these days. This is exactly why I am all for having diverse people in the environment that have different thought patterns on whatever we hold to be true. We'll see in the near future how much truth there is to this and whether there is more.

I don't see this as evidence to change my attitude toward Hallie Sallase. I mean first off If he DID in fact claim Ethiopians to a mix of "Semite" and "Hamite" did he not come from a lineage the Solomonic which claimed to be of Sheba and Solomon?? So again people who study Africana and Ethiopia know full well of the Solomonic so why should Salasse claims of Half Semetic and Hamitic be a big deal.

Now the whole romantisizing with the British and Italians sounds a little pathetic but the African kingdom of the Kongo did this with the Portugese.

Yes, and this goes back to the same thing Awlaadberry keeps talking about. Does a single ancestor from ancient times affect a whole population in modern times? I'm of the opinion that it doesn't.

And also, if the quote was from him, the issue was (as seen in his treatment of Marvin Garvey) more than just seeing oneself as a part of a mixed heritage, but something I am all to familiar with: the tendency of certain east Africans to look down on other Africans, who they condescendingly call ''Bantus'', while going out of their way to say they are not Africans.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
Very interesting

Yes, and this goes back to the same thing Awlaadberry keeps talking about. Does a single ancestor from ancient times affect a whole population in modern times? I'm of the opinion that it doesn't.

And also, if the quote was from him, the issue was (as seen in his treatment of Marvin Garvey) more than just seeing oneself as a part of a mixed heritage, but something I am all to familiar with: the tendency of certain east Africans to look down on other Africans, who they condescendingly call ''Bantus'', while going out of their way to say they are not Africans.

Why don't you ask the Eriterian bwoy to provide you with any speech, any writing, any authenticated interview, wherein His Imperial Majesty talked about Hamaitic, Semitic, and stuff like that.

It is easy to make up stuff and say you heard it from a best friend of your best friend. It is fraudulent to quote any hearsay sources when the subject himself has thousands of recorded works and words.

HIM made hundreds if not thousands of speeches and interviews in his time... Ask the Eriterian bwoy to select just one...just one....

If he cannot post one line from the thousands of Haile Selassie's speeches...then make your call

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:

The Organization of African Unity now known as the African Union was established by Haile Selassie in 1963 in Addis Ababa!

Actually, the OAU was a joint effort of a number of African leaders and it had to be put to vote, so as to have the headquarters situated in the Ethiopian capital; Kwame Nkrumah was one of its chief conceiver.

quote:

The OAU was responsible for the complete political decolonization of Africa, economic development and social integration.

Grassroots civil unrest was key to speeding up European handover of "direct" rule to African bourgeois leaders, and many which predate the conception of the OAU.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
quote:

The Organization of African Unity now known as the African Union was established by Haile Selassie in 1963 in Addis Ababa!

Actually, the OAU was a joint effort of a number of African leaders and it had to be put to vote, so as to have the headquarters situated in the Ethiopian capital; Kwame Nkrumah was one of its chief conceiver.

quote:

The OAU was responsible for the complete political decolonization of Africa, economic development and social integration.

Grassroots civil unrest was key to speeding up European handover of "direct" rule to African bourgeois leaders, and many which predate the conception of the OAU.

Grass-roots efforts were important ofcourse but consider this:

Every liberation movement needed inspiration, material support, military training and logistics.

Before 1959, Ethiopia ruled by Haile Selassie was the only genuinely independent black state in the world. Genuine independence not to mean the type that Liberia had...

So who did you really think began formenting unrest through out Africa? Who fought for equality of man to man irrespective of colour? Who freed the Eritrean Woyanis from slavery since slavery was accepted in Ethiopia until the 1930s? Who abolished slavery in Ethiopia?

Whose independence was seen as a beacon light, an example of true black political integrity? Who defeated a fully equipped European army on African soil? Who is theLion of Judah?

Who was the inspiration for Kwame Nkrumah? Who was the inspiration for Mandela? Who provided advise and material support to Jomo Kenyatta? Who provided money for military training? You think it was the pink russians who would quickly have colonized Africa just as they did with eastern Europe.

The Americans and the British were busy containing the blacks people of the west to begin supporting the black people of Africa, whom they were colonizing in the first place. So who began the freedom movements? Who is the Lion of Judah?

Who was the symbol of black imperial regency in a world where niggers were considered less than cattle? Who demonstrated to the world by his patrimony that Solomon if ever he lived was a Black man? Who is the Lion of Judah?

The question you have to ask yourself is this? In a rabidly racist world of 19th century and early 20th century, why did the white bwoys consider Haile Selassie to be their superior? Recall they accepted his claim to Solomonic dynasty. Recall they acknowledged his imperial majesty, and treated HIM as more than their equal....

The question to discern is: who is this little black man, who without a modern army, without political clouth or wealth was able to keep the rapacious Europeans away from his country first and then ran them off the entire African continent? Can you walk with the Lions each morning? Who is the Lion of Judah?

Why did the pope bow to HIM? Why did the representative of the Royal House of England bow before HIM? Why of all the royalties of the world war II was Haile Selassie the only one to be provided exile in England by the royal house of England when he needed it?

Why did the 40 or so eminent African leaders who could not come to any unity amongst themselves suddenly unite and accepted Addis Ababa as their capital? Remember the Monrovia and the Casablanca allinaces? Well Haile Selassie stopped all that and taught the entire Africa to say "One Africa" and to also live that experience...

I lived it in Nigeria of 1968 to 1988 before leaving the blessed shores of Africa.

Long Live His Imperial Majesty I

Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Grass-roots efforts were important ofcourse but consider this:

Every liberation movement needed inspiration, material support, military training and logistics.

Yes, social unrest draws its inspiration from oppression of the people, and the taking away of their basic rights and freedom.

quote:

Before 1959, Ethiopia ruled by Haile Selassie was the only genuinely independent black state in the world.

What do you mean by "geniune independence"? When did Ghana attain its token "independence" from colonial rule?

What was Ethiopia doing under Italian East African empire?

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Yes, social unrest draws its inspiration from oppression of the people, and the taking away of their basic rights and freedom.

Bob Marley and all true living Rases, the revolutionary voices of the common people in the 20th century and beyond teach us that Haile Selassie was also a great inspiration in the movement to liberate black people globally not just Africa.

Martin Luther King jr drew inspiration from corresponding with Haile Selassie in his moments of doubts and dejection...

J.A. Rogers the global teacher of black renaissance and history compared Haile Selassie with the Christ! I could go on and on but I think you will begin to see why I stated that HIM is still a living inspiration to millions of Black people all over the world.

quote:
What do you mean by "geniune independence"? When did Ghana attain its token "independence" from colonial rule?
Ghana got its independence in 1957 or 1958. But you get the picture I was painting though since I do not want to nit pick. Ethiopia was the only independent African state, originally unconquered, ruled and established by black people, the Ethiopians...

quote:
Ethiopia fought a war with Italy which lasted from 1935 to 1942. Parts of Ethiopia were occupied by Italian forces but were soon recovered as the Italians were chased out of the country by guerrilla and conventional warfare.

So what is your point? Did France become a colony of Germany as a result of its occupation for four years by the Nazis? Did Soviet Union become a colony of Germany because it was occupied?

Colonialism is not the same as a brief occupation durning periods of war.

Djehuti.
Member # 17581

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of fighting each other, lets try to figure out the reason why Africans and Blacks in general always prefer outsiders' methods, than helping themselves. I'm not Black, but I feel sadly for my Black Sisters and Brothers, who are lost in dogmatic ideology.
Posts: 156 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

quote:

Bob Marley and all true living Rases, the revolutionary voices of the common people in the 20th century and beyond teach us that Haile Selassie was also a great inspiration in the movement to liberate black people globally not just Africa.

Martin Luther King jr drew inspiration from corresponding with Haile Selassie in his moments of doubts and dejection...

J.A. Rogers the global teacher of black renaissance and history compared Haile Selassie with the Christ! I could go on and on but I think you will begin to see why I stated that HIM is still a living inspiration to millions of Black people all over the world.

Many commoners involved in social unrest across part of Africa had no idea who Haile Salessie was, let alone imagine that they fighting his cause or implementing his proposals. They were doing it out of human instinct of not wanting to be a slave for life and requesting back their basic rights and freedom. I realize that you are trying to overstate the importance of Haile Selassie, but let's try not allow facts get lost in the way.

quote:

quote:
Ghana got its independence in 1957 or 1958. But you get the picture I was painting though since I do not want to nit pick. Ethiopia was the only independent African state, originally unconquered, ruled and established by black people, the Ethiopians...
Prior to 1959, as you put it, Ethiopia came under Italian occupation; how does that figure into your "geniune independence"?

quote:

quote:
Ethiopia fought a war with Italy which lasted from 1935 to 1942. Parts of Ethiopia were occupied by Italian forces but were soon recovered as the Italians were chased out of the country by guerrilla and conventional warfare.

So what is your point?

The point is clear; how does territories of Ethiopia under Italian control amount to "geniune independence"?

quote:

Did France become a colony of Germany as a result of its occupation for four years by the Nazis? Did Soviet Union become a colony of Germany because it was occupied?

You can sugarcoat it however you want, a military occupation of *any* country, amounts to colonization.

quote:
Originally posted by Djehute:

Instead of fighting each other, lets try to figure out the reason why Africans and Blacks in general always prefer outsiders' methods, than helping themselves.

What do you mean by this?
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Prior to 1959, as you put it, Ethiopia came under Italian occupation;
I said that Ghana got its Independence around 1959. I corrected it with the right date 1957. I also said that prior to 1957 (corrected date) Ethiopia was the only genuinely independent African country. In the sense of never having been conquered by an outside power in more thn 3,000 years of its recorded history. That should be clear enough to you by now...yeah..

quote:
..a military occupation of *any* country, amounts to colonization.

That would be putting it rather simplistically.

Perhaps then Britain and America colonized Germany after the end of the world war 2 by your definition between 1945 to the present time...

Perhaps then Japan is still a colony of the United States since it is still being occupied pursuant to the world war 2..by your definition..

I believe you can even see how wrong you are to suppose that as a result of just 5 years of military occupation of parts of Ethiopia, following a war that it eventually won, that it became a colony of the Italians. That is absurd at best. I leave it at that...

quote:
Many commoners involved in social unrest across part of Africa had no idea who Haile Salessie was, let alone imagine that they fighting his cause or implementing his proposals. They were doing it out of human instinct of not wanting to be a slave for life and requesting back their basic rights and freedom. I realize that you are trying to overstate the importance of Haile Selassie, but let's try not allow facts get lost in the way.

Again you over-simplify the process of political liberation. It is not a thing that just happens like a riot... No my friend, it takes a lot of political will, a lot of centralized planning, logistical co-ordination, military tactis, and then mass mobilization. It takes a leadership cardre to begin a liberation fight.. All the top African revolutionaries were the proteges of Haile Selassie. You hear me, all of them without exception...

Which was why they all deferred to his judgement, and sited the capital of their political/social and cultural unification in the very capital ruled by His Imperial Majesty. He was the boss, the star, others followed behind his leadership.

Again I name names, Kwame Nkrumah of Ghana, Sekou Toure of Guinea, Nnamdi Azikiwe of Nigeria, John Manley of Jamaica, Jomo Kenyatta of Kenya, Martin Luther King jr in the United States, George Padmore of Jamaica, and some many others I could not even name here... they all worship at the altar of Haile Selassie I. That is why they all followed the King of Kings to Ethiopia, to Addis Ababa to built a new capital for all of Africa...

But then again talking about commoners not knowing Selassie? My friend, you cannot get more "commoner" than Rasta people. I and I are the original ghetto people, the black survivors, there in the babylon shitsystem.

In Accra Ghana, in Lagos Nigeria, in Kingston Jamaica, in Brooklyns New York, even in London, true and untainted like Shedrac, Mishach and Abadnegro! Rasta people know Selassie as I and I saviour and liberator in flesh! We haile his majesty for our liberation and protection and we prosper.

Seen?

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Explorer,

quote:
quote:Originally posted by Djehute: Instead of fighting each other, lets try to figure out the reason why Africans and Blacks in general always prefer outsiders' methods, than helping themselves. What do you mean by this?
Please note that this character is not Djehuti..
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehute:

Instead of fighting each other, lets try to figure out the reason why Africans and Blacks in general always prefer outsiders' methods, than helping themselves.

What do you mean by this?
Don't respond to this guy. He isn't the real Djehuti, just some imposter troll causing trouble.
Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is true of Haile Salassie. I know enough Ethiopians and they said he didn't identify himself as black and African but as Ethiopian (Asian in origin). He separated himself and tribe from the black tribes of Ethiopia. He called the black Ethiopians his neighbors. It wasn't until his encounter with the West that he wanted unity and an African union. I guess his "Non-African" beliefs didn't avail or prevail amongst real white folks. Till this day Ethiopian tribes classify themselves as either Ethiopian (non-African) or Oromo or Tigray or something else. The funny thing is they all say they are Cushitic!
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
but something I am all to familiar with: the tendency of certain east Africans to look down on other Africans, who they condescendingly call ''Bantus'', while going out of their way to say they are not Africans.

Why do you think they look down on other Africans just because they recognized them as Bantu. Why do you think they are being condescending when they call them Bantu. Can someone recognized differences in phenotype, languages, and culture and identify it for what it is without Bantu-looking blacks getting upset. Cushitics and Bantu and Nilotics know they are different from one another...in language, phenotype, and culture.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
It is true of Haile Salassie. I know enough Ethiopians and they said he didn't identify himself as black and African but as Ethiopian (Asian in origin). He separated himself and tribe from the black tribes of Ethiopia. He called the black Ethiopians his neighbors.
Another a friend of a friend of mine told me urban mythology? Cite me one line out of the hundreds of thousands of lines written by Haile Selassie, in his speeches, in his books, in his interviews where he made such a claim? If you cannot cite a source other than a friend of a friend of yours, then just take your time and research the man for yourself.

quote:
I guess his "Non-African" beliefs didn't avail or prevail amongst real white folks.
So-called white folks understood instinctively that Haile Selassie was their superior. That was why he was the most famous member of the League of Nation and the latter United Nations. The Euro elites just loved to have some of that Solomonic regality rub their pink backs. From the King of Denmark, to the Duke of Leichenstein, to the Queen of England, all bowed before the overwhelming awe of His Imperial Majesty...
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

[QUOTE] I guess his "Non-African" beliefs didn't avail or prevail amongst real white folks.

So-called white folks understood instinctively that Haile Selassie was their superior. That was why he was the most famous member of the League of Nation and the latter United Nations. The Euro elites just loved to have some of that Solomonic regality rub their pink backs. From the King of Denmark, to the Duke of Leichenstein, to the Queen of England, all bowed before the overwhelming awe of His Imperial Majesty...
The Cover of Time Magazine of United States 1930. Haile Selassie, man of the year. A time when Black man was considered as lesser than a pink-white. yet this black man is hailed as King of Kings by the muth piece of the pink-whites:
 -

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Halie Salassie was respected as an 'Emperor' just as any other leader would be respected for their position and title. Doesn't mean they worship him but respected his position and title. The King of Jordan gets bow to, so does the leader of Japan while others get a firm hand shake.
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboo:
Halie Salassie was respected as an 'Emperor' just as any other leader would be respected for their position and title. Doesn't mean they worship him but respected his position and title. The King of Jordan gets bow to, so does the leader of Japan while others get a firm hand shake.

The Empire of Haile Selassie came from Solomon. At least the Euro elites accepted that. The Solomonic throne is older than all the thrones of Europe put together. None of them claim such a pedigree nor such anciency. As such he was higher than all the Kings of the Earth, which is why he is addressed as King of Kings. Take a closer look at the Time Magazine below:

-

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

The Empire of Haile Selassie came from Solomon. At least the Euro elites accepted that. In his time, Haile Selassie was the only King of Kings on Earth and no-one dare challenge him except the Pope through Mussolini, and he got crushed for doing that. The Catholic Church got exposed as a paedophile cult. Mussolini suffered a miltary defeat and was slain by his friends.

The Solomonic throne is older than all the thrones of Europe put together. None of them claim such a pedigree nor such anciency. As such he was higher than all the Kings of the Earth, which is why he is addressed as King of Kings. Take a closer look at the Time Magazine below:

-

No-one ever denied that HIM is the King of Kings;
All the Royalties of the earth together,
and their academics and scientists,
all knew HIM, all heard HIM
all accepted that he was the King of Kings...

That man played with real Lions
He love children and animals
He was humble yet glorious.

Heaven and earth adored him
Black heart man them hailed HIM
What a mighty man that little man became!

Lawyers hail him
Doctors worship HIM
the baddest black men in the battle
all crawl like babies at his feet...

A Star appeared in our times
in the house of David;
It shone from the east
bringing joy to the Isles of the seas
just like the prophesies foretold...

Lion!

Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

I said that Ghana got its Independence around 1959. I corrected it with the right date 1957. I also said that prior to 1957 (corrected date) Ethiopia was the only genuinely independent African country. In the sense of never having been conquered by an outside power in more thn 3,000 years of its recorded history. That should be clear enough to you by now...yeah..

How can you say the country has "genuinely" been independent, when you acknowledged that it was part of Italy's East Africa colony? Is that not a contradiction. Was that not prior to 1959.

quote:

quote:
..a military occupation of *any* country, amounts to colonization.

That would be putting it rather simplistically.
Thinking otherwise is what's simplistic.

quote:

Perhaps then Britain and America colonized Germany after the end of the world war 2 by your definition between 1945 to the present time...

Indeed, they did. Or you have some special league wherein some countries loose their sovereignty and they are deemed "colonized" while others are not such?

quote:

Perhaps then Japan is still a colony of the United States since it is still being occupied pursuant to the world war 2..by your definition..

Well, lets test "my definition": Did Japan loose its sovereignty? Was it militarily occupied? Let's see if your answers to these are "yes".

quote:

I believe you can even see how wrong you are to suppose that as a result of just 5 years of military occupation of parts of Ethiopia, following a war that it eventually won, that it became a colony of the Italians.

Nope; I'd sure like to see how you demonstrate how Ethiopia, with its sovereignty lost to Italy, and its territory ceased thereof doesn't amount to colonization.

quote:

quote:

Again you over-simplify the process of
political liberation.

Explain and prove to me that social unrest that was ignited by totalitarian colonial subjugation all over the African continent was because of Haile Selassie, and that it was not the natural response to totalitarian terror of colonialism? Demonstrate to me that the common African was too brainless to rebel and fight for his/her freedom until Haile Selassie directed them. We will soon learn who is into over-simplifying with fake history.

quote:

It is not a thing that just happens like a riot...

That's exactly what happened across the continent. "Civil disobedience" and riots. You are clearly not someone who is familiar with Africa.

quote:

Again I name names, Kwame Nkrumah of Ghana, Sekou Toure of Guinea, Nnamdi Azikiwe of Nigeria, John Manley of Jamaica, Jomo Kenyatta of Kenya, Martin Luther King jr in the United States, George Padmore of Jamaica, and some many others I could not even name here... they all worship at the altar of Haile Selassie I.

This is a figment of your imagination. And no, people didn't need these bourgeois figures no less, to oppose colonialism and subjugation; rather it was these figures who jumped onto the bandwagon of ongoing movements at the grassroots level to oppose colonial oppression, and thereof self-appointing themselves as the faces of those movements. Your analogy is akin to saying without MLK, black Americans would not and are not intellectually capable of opposing oppression; that's how "overly-simplistic" your world view is.

Ps: LOL, Brada and Truthcentric, I just caught the odd-spelling vis-a-vis Djehuti. Thanks for the alert. Boy, these new breed trolls are something.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
but something I am all to familiar with: the tendency of certain east Africans to look down on other Africans, who they condescendingly call ''Bantus'', while going out of their way to say they are not Africans.

Why do you think they look down on other Africans just because they recognized them as Bantu. Why do you think they are being condescending when they call them Bantu. Can someone recognized differences in phenotype, languages, and culture and identify it for what it is without Bantu-looking blacks getting upset. Cushitics and Bantu and Nilotics know they are different from one another...in language, phenotype, and culture.
You talk about differences in languages, phenotype etc. Then why do you co-sign a position, taken by various Somali and Ethiopians, that doesn't recognise African diversity?
In case you didn't comprehend my post, what I said I was familiar with, was that ''they'' (meaning whoever fits the bill) call Africans, meaning non cushitic speakers, bantu, not just certain Africans. And you need in your head that there are Bantu speakers that don't resemble what you would call ''bantu looking''. Bantu is a language.

Notify me when you want to get taken ''back to the basics'' again, because this is quite elementary.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 17553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85500     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It is true of Haile Salassie. I know enough Ethiopians and they said he didn't identify himself as black and African but as Ethiopian (Asian in origin). He separated himself and tribe from the black tribes of Ethiopia. He called the black Ethiopians his neighbors. It wasn't until his encounter with the West that he wanted unity and an African union. I guess his "Non-African" beliefs didn't avail or prevail amongst real white folks. Till this day Ethiopian tribes classify themselves as either Ethiopian (non-African) or Oromo or Tigray or something else. The funny thing is they all say they are Cushitic!

Actually, for the bold part, it was the need to attain Eritrea at all cost did Haile Selassie turned to black Africa.

"In essence, Ethiopia's turn to the Third World was a reflection of the problems experienced over both Eritrea and the Ogaden."

SOURCE: http://tinyurl.com/yhgzkm9

It was these average hard working Eritrean men and women who were robbed of their language, nation, lives, and jobs that these Eritrean men and women turned into malevolent lions against the 5 feet 0 inches tall Haile Selassie. The Arab World, including many African nations, were against Ethiopia's annexation over Eritrea. Many even predicted it would be Haile Selassie' biggest blunder but he ignored their warnings and ignited the longest war in modern African history (30 years).It was only after the Eritrean heat became unbearable that he turned to black Africa for support, despite the fact that he was a racist bigot, to which the great marcus Gravey even stated.

The Eritrean revolution

Before Halie Selassie annexed Eritrea
 -

-

-

After he annexed Eritrea
 -

-

-

-

-

Posts: 34 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
How can you say the country has "genuinely" been independent, when you acknowledged that it was part of Italy's East Africa colony? Is that not a contradiction. Was that not prior to 1959.
Ethiopia was never a part of Italy's Est Africa. I never at any time said such a thing and if you claim I did then cut and paste that statement.

Ethiopia was always free! Ethiopia has never been conquered in 3000 years of history. What part of that do you fail to understand?

quote:
Well, lets test "my definition": Did Japan loose its sovereignty? Was it militarily occupied? Let's see if your answers to these are "yes".

You are the first person I hear arguing that Japan and Germany are still colonies of the United States. You are special in that knowledge..perhaps you know things that we do not.

However, understand that Germany and Japan are no 2 and 3 of the world's biggest economies. Members of G7, NATO military alliance and so called western democracies. But then maybe you are right... lol

quote:
Explain and prove to me that social unrest that was ignited by totalitarian colonial subjugation all over the African continent was because of Haile Selassie, and that it was not the natural response to totalitarian terror of colonialism? Demonstrate to me that the common African was too brainless to rebel and fight for his/her freedom until Haile Selassie directed them. We will soon learn who is into over-simplifying with fake history.
What social unrest are you referring to specifically? Which countries do you mean? Name them and I will provide you a free lecture on the process of political de-colonization that they went through... Make my day...

But just to provide you with an example of the global influence of Haile Selassie on black people all over the world, by 1935 the Jamaican colonial administration and the British government were scrambling to control the effects that Rastafari preachings were having on the masses... read the dates 1935

You cannot get more"commoner" than Rastafari! You cannot get any more African than a Rastaman! We have been preaching Haile Selassie to the commoners in Africa since 1930s...

quote:
That's exactly what happened across the continent. "Civil disobedience" and riots. You are clearly not someone who is familiar with Africa.
Bwoy, you must be very young... how old are you? Tell me which country in Africa was liberated by riots...lol this is really getting to absurdity. I will leave it there..

quote:
This is a figment of your imagination. And no, people didn't need these bourgeois figures no less, to oppose colonialism and subjugation; rather it was these figures who jumped onto the bandwagon of ongoing movements at the grassroots level to oppose colonial oppression, and thereof self-appointing themselves as the faces of those movements. Your analogy is akin to saying without MLK, black Americans would not and are not intellectually capable of opposing oppression; that's how "overly-simplistic" your world view is.

By condemning the Gods of modern Africa as bourgeois figures, it confirms to the world that you are indeed very young.

You are have not yet visited Africa or you must have left it very early. I had a thriving law practice in Nigeria before I left its shores. We made history in Africa as part of the movement of decolonization. I speak about what I lived not what I read on the internet.

Go to any well established University and study the theory and history of political de-colonization of Africa. You will understand that it took centralized planning to free African countries.

With that Explorer, I will leave to do your research and come to your own conclusions if you really seek truth. If you just wanna show off some verbal arguments skills then go try some other poster...but not IronLion!

Peace out!

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by 85500:

[QUOTE]Actually, for the bold part, it was the need to attain Eritrea at all cost did Haile Selassie turned to black Africa.

"In essence, Ethiopia's turn to the Third World was a reflection of the problems experienced over both Eritrea and the Ogaden."

True Menelik lost Eriteria to the Italians in the 19th century as a result of war of aggression by Italians, but that made Eriteria just a stolen part of Ethiopia's territory. In Eriteria, the Italians began a delibrate policy of interbreeding and settlement with the Eriterians and soon declared Eriteria to be a part of Italy. Traitors and half-bred back stabbers were reared to distabilize the rest of Africa in Eriteria.

So that when the Ethiopians were fighting against the Italians in 1935 - 1942, the Eriterians were collaborating with the Italians against their fellow Ethiopians. They had become brain-washed Italian half breeds.

Given all the Italian wars against Ityopya, why would HIM allow a colony of half-bred Italian-Ethiopian Trigriniyan Turks to run around unchecked in a decolonizing Africa disturbing peace and progress?

Is that not the very role Eriteria is currently playing by distabilizing the entire East Africa by stirring up the conflict in Somalia? Is that not why Barack Obama's government has included your Italo-Eriteria on the list of terrorist sponsoring countries? Can your half mad thin arse President Afrwki travel out of his ghetto in Eriteria without being arrested for gross violation of human rights?

How has Eriteria's independence contributed to Africa's progress?

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Folks

Ask the little Eriterian half-breed rebel hero this question:

How much fight did the Eriterians put up against their Italian colonizers? :

None! No rebellion! No war of independence! Eriterians were wimps and pussies for the Italians.

How much fight did they put up against their Ethiopian blood cousins? Weelllll....???

I went to the site provided by the Eriterian bwoy and this is what I found when I perused through the book written by his tin-god Spencer:

P213 "Ethiopia at Bay" by John H. Spencer:

Italy determined that to win over the Muslim states it would be best to propose independence for all of Eriteria and Libya and to reserve for itself the trustship of Somaliland...

To promote independence Italy provided funds to what was to become known as the independence bloc....

Page 218

The United States had opposed an Ethiopian trusteeship over Eriteria because it feared that Ethiopia's sympathy for colonized people would upset the balance in the Trusteeship Council. Ethiopia held those positins to be antiquated in a post-war world dedicated to reforms .....

[IMG][url= http://books.google.com/books?id=w5q7NV-vSPwC&pg=PA308&dq=%22in+essence,+Ethiopia's+turn+to+the+Third+World+was+a+reflection+of+the+problems+experienced+over+both+Eritrea+and+the+O gaden.&cd=1#v=onepage&q=%22in%20essence%2C%20Ethiopia's%20turn%20to%20the%20Third%20World%20was%20a%20reflection%20of%20the%20problems%20experienced%20over%20both%20Eritrea%20and%2 0the%20Ogaden.&f=false]http://books.google.com/books?id=w5q7NV-vSPwC&pg=PA308&dq=%22in+essence,+Ethiopia's+turn+to+the+Third+World+was+a+reflection+of+the+problems+experienced+over +both+Eritrea+and+the+O gaden.&cd=1#v=onepage&q=%22in%20essence%2C%20Ethiopia's%20turn%20to%20the%20Third%20World%20was%20a%20reflection%20of%20the%20problems%20experienced%20over%20both%20Eritrea%20and%2 0the%20Ogaden.&f=false[/url][/IMG]

Explorador
Member # 14778

quote:

Ethiopia was never a part of Italy's Est Africa.

You must be a very young kid to be totally ignorant of a well-documented event such as this.

quote:

I never at any time said such a thing and if you claim I did then cut and paste that statement.

Here's your sleight of hand acknowledgement:

Parts of Ethiopia were occupied by Italian forces but were soon recovered as the Italians were chased out of the country by guerrilla and conventional warfare. - IronLion

quote:

Ethiopia was always free! Ethiopia has never been conquered in 3000 years of history.

Then how did Ethiopia come under Italy's East Africa colony from 1936-1941?

quote:

What part of that do you fail to understand?

The part that shows that it is based on substantiated material, other than rastafarian fairy tales.

quote:

quote:

You are the first person I hear arguing that Japan and Germany are still colonies of the United States.
Okay? And the answers to the questions are...?

quote:

However, understand that Germany and Japan are no 2 and 3 of the world's biggest economies. Members of G7, NATO military alliance and so called western democracies. But then maybe you are right... lol

Of course I'm right, and you know it; your refraining from answering simple questions above is proof enough of this.

And get out of here with the economic BS. It doesn't change the fact that Japan lost its sovereignty and was militarily occupied. That is synonymous with colonial occupation. Your dogma is surfacing; you perceive Africans as "primitives", while the Japanese and Germans as "civilized" which is why you have different standards for how you name a situation under which people loose their national sovereignty and their territory under foreign control. To you, "primitives" are "colonized" and "civilized rich countries" are "occupied", and yet, you will swear you are not brainwashed by the 'white man'.

quote:

quote:
What social unrest are you referring to specifically? Which countries do you mean? Name them and I will provide you a free lecture on the process of political de-colonization that they went through... Make my day...
So, you are hereby reaffirming my observation that you are in fact totally ignorant of what Africa is. Fine. Be that as it may, read pages 138 through to 146 in the following link, to get an idea of just the few examples mentioned therein and tell me what Haile Selassie's role is in all that:

http://books.google.com/books?id=c65btrV4P24C&pg=PA143&lpg=PA143&dq#v=onepage&q=&f=false

quote:

quote:
Bwoy, you must be very young... how old are you?
Apparently older than you are. Anyone who denies Africa's history of social struggles has got to be no older than 5 yrs old.

quote:

Tell me which country in Africa was liberated by riots...lol this is really getting to absurdity. I will leave it there..

Virtually all African countries were liberated by social unrest. Do you still want to know what social unrest is; do you need the list of African countries or even what Africa's shape looks like as well?

quote:

quote:

By condemning the Gods of modern Africa as bourgeois figures, it confirms to the world that you are indeed very young.
This post confirms that you are not bright. You look at the state of many African "independent" nations several years after independence, and yet still come to the conclusion that African ruling layers are genuine faces of the social interests of the commoner. Splendid.

quote:

You are have not yet visited Africa or you must have left it very early.

Kid, you are creative with fairy tales; I'll give you that much.
Jari Judah
Member # 17584

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jari Judah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Menelek II
King of Kings of Abyssinia
(1844 - 1913)
Proclaimed to be a descendant of the legendary Queen of Sheba and King Solomon, Menelek was the overshadowing figure of his time in Africa. He converted a group of independent kingdoms into the strong, stable empire known as the United States of Abyssinia (Ethiopia).
His feat of pulling together several kingdoms which often fiercely opposed each other earned him a place as one of the great statesmen of African history. His further accomplishments in dealing on the international scene with the world powers, coupled with his stunning victory over Italy in the 1896 Battle of Adwa, an attempt to invade his country, placed him among the great leaders of world history and maintained his country's independence until 1935.

Makeda
Queen of Sheba
(960 B.C.)
She gave the king 120 talents of gold, and of spices very great store and precious stones; there came no more abundance of spices as these which the Queen of Sheba gave to King Solomon."
(kings, 10:10)
The Biblical passage refers to the gifts Makeda presented King Solomon of Israel on her famed journey to visit the Judean monarch. But Makeda’s gift to Solomon extended beyond material objects; She also gave him a son, Menelek. The boy’s remarkable resemblance to his grandfather prompted Solomon to re-christen Menelek. Solomon later re-named his son after his own father, the legendary King David.

Nzingha
Amazon Queen of Matamba, West Africa
(1582 - 1663)
Many women ranked among the great rulers of Africa including this Angolan queen who was an astute diplomat and excelled as military leader. When the slave-hunting Portuguese attacked the army of her brother’s kingdom, Nzingha was sent to negotiate the peace. She did so with astonishing skill and political tact, despite the fact that her brother had her brother had her child killed. She later formed her own army against the Portuguese, and waged war for nearly thirty years. These battles saw a unique moment in colonial history as Nazingha allied her nation with the Dutch, making the first African European alliance against a European oppressor.
Nzingha continued to wield considerable influence among her subjects despite being forced into exile. Because of her quest for freedom and relentless drive to bring peace to her people, Nzingha remains a glimmering symbol of inspiration.

Idris Alooma
Sultan of Bornu
(1580 - 1617)
For two centuries before Idris Alooma become Mai (Sultan) of Bornu, Kanem was a separate land whose people had been driven out by their nomadic cousins, the Bulala. It took one of Africa’s most extraordinary rulers to reunite the two kingdoms.
Idris Alooma was a devout Moslem. He replaced tribal law with Moslem law, and early in his reign, he made a pilgrimage to Mecca. But the trip had as much military as religious significance, for he returned with Turkish firearms and later commanded an incredibly strong army. They marched swiftly and attacked suddenly, crushing hostile tribes in annual campaigns. Finally Idris conquered the Bulala, establishing dominion over the Kanem-Bornu empire and a peace lasting half a century.

Shamba Bolongongo
Africa King of Peace
(1600 - 1620)
Hailed as one the greatest monarchs of the Congo, King Shamba had no greater desire than to preserve the peace, which is reflected in a common quote of his: "Kill neither man, woman nor child. Are they not the children of Chembe (God), and have they not the right to live?" He often had his subjects travel to distant villages wearing their wood-bladed knife of state, which was recognized as their sole means of weaponry.
Shamba was also noted for promoting arts and crafts, and for designing a complex and extremely democratic form of government featuring a system of checks and balances. The government was divides into sectors including military, judicial, and administrative branches and represented all Bushongo people.

Taharqa
King of Nubia
(710 - 664 B.C.)
At the age of sixteen, this great Nubian King led his armies against the invading Assyrians in defence of his ally, Israel. This action earned him a place in the Bible (Isaias 37:9, 2 Kings 19:9).
During his 25-years reign, Taharqa controlled the largest empire in ancient Africa. His power was equaled only by the Assyrians. These two forces were in constant conflict, but despite the continuous warfare, Taharqa was able to initiate a building program throughout his empire which was overwhelming in scope. The numbers and majesty of his building projects were legendary, with the greatest being the temple at Gebel Barkal in the Sudan. The temple was caved from the living rock and decorated with images of Taharqa over 100 feet high.

Tenkamenin
King of Ghana
(1037 - 1075 A.D.)
The country of Ghana reached the height of its greatness during the reign of Tenkamenin. Through his careful management of the gold trade across the Sahara desert into West Africa, Tenkamenin’s empire flourished economically. But his greatest strength was in government. Each day he would ride out on horseback and listen to the problems and concerns of his people. He insisted that no one be denied an audience and that they be allowed to remain in his presence until satisfied that justice had been done.
His principles of democratic monarchy and religious tolerance make Tenkamenin’s reign one of the great models of African rule.

Hannibal
Ruler of Carthage
(247 - 183 B.C.)
Regarded as one of the greatest generals of all times, Hannibal and his overpowering African armies conquered major portions of Spain and Italy and came close to defeating the mighty Roman Empire.
Born in the North Africa country of Carthage, Hannibal became general of the army at age twenty-five. His audacious moves-such as marching his army with African war elephants through the treacherous Alps to surprise and conquer Northern Italy-and his tactical genius, as illustrated by the battle of Cannae where his seemingly trapped army cleverly surrounded and destroyed a much larger Roman force, won him recognition which has spanned more than 2000 years

Hatshepsut
The Ablest Queen of Far Antiquity
(1503 - 1482 B.C.)
Hatshepsut rose to power after her father Thothmes I was stricken with paralysis. He appointed Hatshepsut as his chief aide and heiress to the throne. While several male rivals sought to oust power, Hatshepsut withstood their challenges to remain leader of what was then the world's leading nation.
To help enhance her popularity with the people of Egypt, Hatshepsut had a number of spectacular temples and pyramids erected. Some of the towering structures still stand today as a reminder of the first true female ruler of a civilized nation. She was indeed the "The Ablest Queen of Far Antiquity" and remained so for thirty-three years.

Sunni Ali Ber
King of Songhay
(1464 - 1492)
When Sunni Ali Ber came to power, Songhay was a small kingdom in the western Sudan. But during his twenty-eight-year reign, it grew into the largest, most powerful empire in West Africa.
Sunni Ali Ber built a remarkable army and with this ferocious force, the warrior king won battle after battle. He routed marauding nomads, seized trade routes, took villages, and expanded his domain. He captured Timbuktu, bringing into the Songhay empire a major center of commerce culture, and Moslem scholarship.

Ja Ja
King of the Opobo
(1464 - 1492)
Jubo Jubogha, the son of an unknown member of the Ibo people, was forced into slavery at age 12, but gained his freedom while still young and proposed as an independent trader (knows as Ja Ja by the Europeans). He become chief of his people and the head of his Eastern Nigerian City State of Bonny. He later established and become king of his own territory, Opobo, an area near the Eastern Nigeria River more favorable for trading.
As years passed, European governments, mainly British, attempted to gain control of Nigerian trade. Ja Ja's fierce resistance to any outside influence led to his exile at age 70 to the West Indies by the British. The greatest Ibo chief of the nineteenth century never saw his kingdom again.

Khama
The Good King of Bechuanaland
(1819 - 1923)
Khama distinguished his reign by being highly regarded as a peace-loving ruler with the desire and ability to extract technological innovations from Europeans while resisting their attempts to colonize his country. Such advancements included the building of schools, scientific cattle feeding, and the introduction of a mounted police corps, which practically eliminated all forms of crime.
Respect for Khama was exemplified during a visit with Queen Victoria of England to protest English settlement in Bechuanaland in 1875. The English honored Khama and confirmed his appeal for continued freedom for Bechuanaland.

Mansa Kankan Mussa
King of Mali
(1306 - 1332)
A flamboyant leader and world figure, Mansa Mussa distinguished himself as a man who did everything on a grand scale. An accomplished businessman, he managed vast resources to benefit his entire kingdom. He was also a scholar, and imported noteworthy artists to heighten the culture awareness of his people.
In 1324 he led his people on the Hadj, a holy pilgrimage from Timbuktu to Mecca. He caravan consisted of 72,000 people whom he led safely across the Sahara Desert and back, a total distance of 6,496 miles. So spectacular was this event, that Mansa Mussa gained the respect of scholars and traders throughout Europe, and won international prestige for Mali as one of the world's largest and wealthiest empire.

Tiye
The Nubian Queen of Egypt
(ca. 1415 - 1340 B.C.)
Now it came to pass that, in the 14th century B.C., a wise and beautiful woman from Nubia so captured the heart of the pharaoh, she changed the course of history.
Amenhotep III, the young Egyptian ruler, was so taken by Tiye's beauty, intellect, and will, he defied his nation's priests and custom by proclaiming this Nubian commoner his great Royal Spouse. He publicly expressed his love for his beautiful black queen in many ways, making her a celebrated and wealthy person in her own right. He took her counsel in matters political and military much to heart and later declared that, as he had treated her in life, so should she be depicted in death…as his equal.

Thutmose III
Pharaoh of Egypt
(1504 - 1450 B.C.)
Thutmose III was a member of one of the greatest families in the history of African royalty, a family, which laid the basis for the 18th Dynasty of ancient Egypt. But it was his family which also was the source of his greatest frustration, as he always believed he should have come to power before his sister, Hatshepsut, and was angry over this for most of his life. Ironically, though, it was the assignments she gave him, which not only helped in his rise to power, but also helped him learn and understand the responsibilities of his royal position.
Thutmose III eventually overcome his anger to become on of the most important Pharaohs in Egyptian history, a man who will be remembered as a great warrior who strengthened the sovereignty of Egypt and extended its influence into Western Asia.

Osei Tutu
King of Asante
(1680 - 1717)
Osei Tutu was the founder and first king of the Asante nation, a great West African forest kingdom in what is now Ghana. He was able to convince a half dozen suspicious chiefs to join their states under his leadership when, according to legend, the Golden Stool descended from heaven and came to rest on Osei Tutu's knees, signifying his choice by the gods. The Golden Stool become a sacred symbol of the nation's soul, which was especially appropriate since gold was the prime source of Asante wealth.
During Osei Tutu's reign, the geographic area of Asante tripled in size. The kingdom becomes a significant power that, with his military and political prowess as an example, would endure for two centuries.

Samory Toure
The Black Napoleon of the Sudan
(1830 - 1900)
The ascendance of Samory Toure began when his native Bissandugu was attacked and his mother taken captive. After a persuasive appeal, Samory was allowed to take her place, but later escaped and joined the army of King Bitike Souane of Torona. Following a quick rise through the ranks of Bitike's army. Samory returned to Bissandugu where he was soon installed as king and defied French expansionism in Africa by launching a conquest to unify West Africa into a single state.
During the eighteen-year conflict with France, Samory continually frustrated the Europeans with his military strategy and tactics. This astute military prowess prompted some of France's greatest commanders to entitle the African monarch, "The Black Napoleon of the Sudan".

Shaka
King of the Zulus
(1818 - 1828)
A strong leader and military innovator, Shaka is noted for revolutionizing 19th century Bantu warfare by first grouping regiments by age, and training his men to use standardized weapons and special tactics. He developed the "assegai", a short stabbing spear, and marched his regiments in tight formation, using large shields to fend off the enemies throwing spears. Over the years, Shaka's troops earned such a reputation that many enemies would flee at the sight of them.
With cunning and confidence as his tools, Shaka built a small Zulu tribe into a powerful nation of more than one million people, and united all tribes in South Africa against Colonial rule.

Moshoeshoe
King of Basutoland
(1518 - 1868)
For half a century, the Basotho people were ruled by the founder of their nation. Moshoeshoe was a wise and just king who was as brilliant in diplomacy as he was in battle. He united many diverse groups, uprooted by war, into a stable society where law and order prevailed and the people could raise their crops and cattle in peace. He knew that peace made prosperity possible, and he often avoided conflict through skillful negotiations.
Hoshoeshoe solidified Basotho defenses at Thaba Bosiu, their impregnable mountain capital. From this stronghold he engineered a number of major victories over superior forces.

Nandi
Queen of Zululand
(1778 - 1826 A.D.)
The year was 1786. The king of Zululand was overjoyed. His wife, Nandi, had given birth to a son, his first son, whom they named Shaka. But the King's other wives, jealous and bitter, pressured him to banish Nandi and the young boy into exile. Steadfast and proud, she raised her son with the kind of training and guidance a royal heir should have. For her many scarifies, Nandi was finally rewarded when her son, Shaka, later returned to become the greatest of all Zulu Kings.
To this day, the Zulu people use her name, "Nandi", to refer to a woman of high esteem.

Nefertari
Nubian Queen of Egypt
(1292 - 1225 B.C.)
One of many great Nubian queens, Nefertari is heralded as the queen who wed for peace. Her marriage to King Rameses II of Egypt, one of the last greatest Egyptian Pharaohs, began strictly as a political move, a sharing of power between two leaders. Not only did it grow into one of the greatest royal love affairs in history, but brought the hundred years war between Nubia and Egypt to an end. It was an armistice, which lasted over a hundred years.
Even today, a monument stands in Queen Nefertar's honor. In fact, the temple, which Rameses built for her at Abu Simbel, is one of the largest and most beautiful structures ever built to honor a wife, and to celebrate peace.

Nehanda of Zimbabwe
Born into a religious family, Nehanda displayed remarkable leadership and organizational skills, and at a young age becomes one of Zimbabwe's two most influential religious leaders.
When English settlers invaded Zimbabwe in 1896 and began confiscating land and cattle, Nehanda and other leaders declared war. At first they achieved great success, but as supplies ran short, so did battlefield victories. Nehanda was eventually captured, found guilty and executed for ordering the killing of a notoriously cruel Native Commander. Though dead for nearly a hundred years, Nehanda remains what she was when alive - the single most important person in the modern history of Zimbabwe, and is still referred to as Mbuya (Grandmother) Nehanda by Zimbabwean patriots.

Cleopatra VII
Queen of Egypt
(69 - 30 B.C.)
The most famous of seven matriarchs to bear this name, Cleopatra rose to the throne at seventeen. The young queen is often erroneously portrayed as Caucasian, however, she was of both Greek and African descent. By mastering many different languages and several African dialects, she becomes instrumental in reaching beyond the border of Egypt.
Striving to evaluate Egypt to world supremacy, Cleopatra enlisted the military services of two great Roman leaders. She persuaded Julius Caesar and, later, Mark Antony to renounce their Roman allegiances to fight on behalf of Egypt. Each, however, met his death before Cleaopatra's dreams of conquest were realized. Disheartened, Cleopatra pressed an asp to her breast, ending the life of the world's most celebrated African queen.

Posts: 116 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

The Empire of Haile Selassie came from Solomon. At least the Euro elites accepted that. The Solomonic throne is older than all the thrones of Europe put together. None of them claim such a pedigree nor such anciency. As such he was higher than all the Kings of the Earth, which is why he is addressed as King of Kings. Take a closer look at the Time Magazine below:

-

I've seen the Time magazine and I get what you are saying. In other words he was a respected leader because of his ancestry and origins. Too bad Europeans didn't accept him as "nonblack" or "non-African" even with his supposedly "Semetic" ancestry. His (non-African)ancestry couldn't even convinced the Europeans. Too bad Christ is the Kings of kings.
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

You talk about differences in languages, phenotype etc. Then why do you co-sign a position, taken by various Somali and Ethiopians, that doesn't recognise African diversity?
In case you didn't comprehend my post, what I said I was familiar with, was that ''they'' (meaning whoever fits the bill) call Africans, meaning non cushitic speakers, bantu, not just certain Africans. And you need in your head that there are Bantu speakers that don't resemble what you would call ''bantu looking''. Bantu is a language.

Notify me when you want to get taken ''back to the basics'' again, because this is quite elementary.

[Roll Eyes]

Just like every other bantu-looking black you are sensitive thinking everyone is attacking your ugly Bantu features. There is nothing wrong with identifying your group from other groups when the differences are obvious. People of Cushitic origin (similar phenotype, language, culture) will call themselves CUSHITIC. Other Africans, which are mainly Bantu, will get called Bantu because in most cases they all look the same, share similar music, dress, food etc... if not, they are still different than Cushitic groups. There is nothing wrong with that. I even hear other Africans call themselves Bantu or identify their tribe and say it's Bantu. There is nothing wrong with that. Why are you viewing 'Bantu' negatively and 'Cushitic' positively? You are the one with the problem. Bantu is more than a language; it's also a culture. Not ALL Bantus look alike just the majorty or most of them do. There is nothing wrong with separating Cushitic language groups/people from that of Bantu language groups/people. Just because ALL bantus don't look alike they still don't look Cushitic. So it is nothing wrong with a Cushitic person separating his family group from that of the rest of Africa.
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Actually, for the bold part, it was the need to attain Eritrea at all cost did Haile Selassie turned to black Africa.

It was these average hard working Eritrean men and women who were robbed of their language, nation, lives, and jobs that these Eritrean men and women turned into malevolent lions against the 5 feet 0 inches tall Haile Selassie. The Arab World, including many African nations, were against Ethiopia's annexation over Eritrea. Many even predicted it would be Haile Selassie' biggest blunder but he ignored their warnings and ignited the longest war in modern African history (30 years).It was only after the Eritrean heat became unbearable that he turned to black Africa for support, despite the fact that he was a racist bigot, to which the great marcus Gravey even stated.

The Eritrean revolution

Before Halie Selassie annexed Eritrea
 -

-

-

After he annexed Eritrea
 -

-

-

-

-

Today Eritrea is occupied by those same Ethiopians (non-African)that Halie Selassie supposedly descend from. Majority of Eritrea population is now a mixture of Ethiopian (non-African) groups and black groups of Ethiopia (Africa). And the vast majority of them speak Tigray.
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

I've seen the Time magazine and I get what you are saying. In other words he was a respected leader because of his ancestry and origins. Too bad Europeans didn't accept him as "nonblack" or "non-African" even with his supposedly "Semetic" ancestry. His (non-African)ancestry couldn't even convinced the Europeans. Too bad Christ is the Kings of kings.
Bettyboo, to be Ethiopian means to be a "black man". To be the Emperor of Ethiopia means the King of Black men...do you get that? What part of the etymology of the word Ethiopia do you not understand?

Haile Selassie is the King of Kings that the whole world saw and acknowledged. Take a look at the Time Magazine again.

Christ was the son of a capenter not a Prince, nor a King talkless of the King of Kings! We are dealing with politics here..real life politics. Read your Bible with understanding...

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Cracky-boo:
Just like every other bantu-looking black you are sensitive thinking everyone is attacking your non-attractive features.

LOL,
WTF is this idiot talking about. Who is talking about ''pretty features''?

If we have to talk about prettyness, i'm willing to bet my left kidney on it that you are the most ugly, dumb, attention deprived person of everyone here on this forum, and you know it. Even IF you are pretty looking, I still wouldn't give a damn because you are obviously dumber than a rock.
Every man who has been with a pretty women before knows that appearance aint sh** if she talks out the side of her neck. You can't even comprehend my post and stay on-topic.

quote:
There is nothing wrong with identifying your group from other groups when the differences are obvious.

You need to re-read my statement again you dumb rock. Nowhere did I say it was wrong for them to identify with their own.

quote:
People of Cushitic origin (similar phenotype, language, culture) will call themselves CUSHITIC.

NOOOO, you are SERIOUS! [Eek!]

quote:
Other Africans, which are mainly Bantu,

A typical statement we can expect from a dumb rock like you.

quote:
will get called Bantu because in most cases they all look the same, share similar music, dress, food etc... if not, they are still different than Cushitic groups.

You dumb rock, how is this relevant to my original statement? Why are you refuting imaginary positions?

quote:
There is nothing wrong with that. I even hear other Africans call themselves Bantu or identify their tribe and say it's Bantu. There is nothing wrong with that.

WTF are you talking about? You are one psychotic individual. Tell you what.

This post is going to end here, you are seriously one stupid psychotic tramp. You and Hammer should hook up.

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

Bettyboo, to be Ethiopian means to be a "black man". To be the Emperor of Ethiopia means the King of Black men...do you get that? What part of the etymology of the word Ethiopia do you not understand?

Haile Selassie is the King of Kings that the whole world saw and acknowledged. Take a look at the Time Magazine again.

Christ was the son of a capenter not a Prince, nor a King talkless of the King of Kings! We are dealing with politics here..real life politics. Read your Bible with understanding...

I don't know what you are talking about. To be Ethiopian is to be a son (generation/descendant) of Cush. Of course, Cush was black. Christ is the Kings of kings.
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Kalonji shut up and stop sweating Cushitic people. Be proud of the differences of African ethnic families. If people of Ethiopian or Somali or any other Cushitic group chooses to identify other blacks as Bantu then they can do that. They are just acknowledging the difference in culture, looks, and language. It's nothing wrong with that.
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bettyboo, do we need to have Bob_01 comeback and psychoanalyze you again?

Your feelings were so hurt that you changed your username. LOOOOL!

Bob_01, ohhhhh Bob_01.

Bettyboo is peeing on itself.

ha ha ha heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 17553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85500     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Today Eritrea is occupied by those same Ethiopians (non-African)that Halie Selassie supposedly descend from. Majority of Eritrea population is now a mixture of Ethiopian (non-African) groups and black groups of Ethiopia (Africa). And the vast majority of them speak Tigray.

What the hell are you talking about? There are no Ethiopians in Eritrea. There are only Eritreans. What the hell is a black Ethiopian vs a non-African Ethiopian? Are you serious?

BTW: There isn't a language called Tigray. The vast majority of Eritreans (85% of them) speak either the Semitic languages of Tigre or Tigrinya; both Eritrean languages.

Haile Selassie is 100% Ethiopian who's of Oromo origin. He was just a racist bigot who hated black Africans and black Americans because he suffered from an inferority complex. That's why Marcus Gravey disowned him towards his final years. Haile Selassie was a coward who robbed his pan-handling country of millions. His biggest mistake was to f'uck with Eritreans and as a result, he was killed and buried under a toilet.

Bettyboo, what's your national origin? There's no way you can be from the horn of Africa.

Posts: 34 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LMAO [Big Grin]

85500, you can ignore Bettybloop. She (or he) is nothing more than a silly black-hating bigoted troll no different from Haile Selassie, that is if he/she is even black.

Interesting discussion by the way, on the political history of the Horn, especially in international relations. It's funny to hear how some white racist trolls say that Africa never matter historically, yet one can just look back in the last century to see all these European nations scrambling to claim or control Africa and her resources. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 26236 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 17553

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ LMAO [Big Grin]

85500, you can ignore Bettybloop. She (or he) is nothing more than a silly black-hating bigoted troll no different from Haile Selassie, that is if he/she is even black.

Interesting discussion by the way, on the political history of the Horn, especially in international relations. It's funny to hear how some white racist trolls say that Africa never matter historically, yet one can just look back in the last century to see all these European nations scrambling to claim or control Africa and her resources. [Embarrassed]

Thanks for the heads up bro!

Btw, there isn't any interesting debate going on here. It's just a few rastafarian trolls worshiping a black hating man. What's odd about these rastafarian trolls is that they regard Marcus Gravey as their prophet, yet it's clear that their prophet hated Halie Selassie towards his final years of life. He even published an entire chapter in his book that talks about Halie Selassie being a phony bogus man who hated all blacks. Now I know why rastafarians smoke so much weed, you have to be high as kite to believe in their once upon a time stories of a hated midget.

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

What the hell are you talking about? There are no Ethiopians in Eritrea. There are only Eritreans. What the hell is a black Ethiopian vs a non-African Ethiopian? Are you serious?

BTW: There isn't a language called Tigray. The vast majority of Eritreans (85% of them) speak either the Semitic languages of Tigre or Tigrinya; both Eritrean languages.

Haile Selassie is 100% Ethiopian who's of Oromo origin. He was just a racist bigot who hated black Africans and black Americans because he suffered from an inferority complex. That's why Marcus Gravey disowned him towards his final years. Haile Selassie was a coward who robbed his pan-handling country of millions. His biggest mistake was to f'uck with Eritreans and as a result, he was killed and buried under a toilet.

Bettyboo, what's your national origin? There's no way you can be from the horn of Africa.

You have it all confused. Eritrea is now occupied by vast majority of Tigray people. They DO NOT considered themselves of African origin but of Ethiopian (Asian) origin. Halie Selassie was not of Oromo origin. He considered the Oromos black African and himself Ethiopian (Asian). I see that you are unaware of ethnic conflict. People of Oromo, Afar, and other black African groups don't consider themselves 'Ethiopian' because they affiliate Ethiopian with being Asiatic. If you call an Oromo Ethiopia he probably will correct you and say he is OROMO and the Ethiopians come from Asia (Middle East). Tigre is the same as "Tigray" you fvcking idiot. People of Eritrea don't consider themselves the same as the black groups in Ethiopia and they will tell you they have different origins.
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why are people insulting HIM(Selassie)?

Show some respect to the Man.

What did he do that makes people think he suffered from Self-Hatred? did anyone read Iron's post about Selassie?

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
why are people insulting HIM(Selassie)?

Show some respect to the Man.

What did he do that makes people think he suffered from Self-Hatred? did anyone read Iron's post about Selassie?

Peace

Hey, I think everyone thinks Halie Selassie was a black man from the country "Ethiopia." Halie Selassie considered and identified himself as Ethiopian (Asian) and descent of the original Hebrews. Halie Selassie ethnic group was Ahmara not Oromo and he elevated the Ahmara people above the Oromo, Afar, and other black ethnic groups of 'Africa.' The Tigray people do the same thing. They will tell you that their origins is the Middle East, the border areas of Yemen.
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

You have it all confused. Eritrea is now occupied by vast majority of Tigray people. They DO NOT considered themselves of African origin but of Ethiopian (Asian) origin. Halie Selassie was not of Oromo origin. He considered the Oromos black African and himself Ethiopian (Asian). I see that you are unaware of ethnic conflict. People of Oromo, Afar, and other black African groups don't consider themselves 'Ethiopian' because they affiliate Ethiopian with being Asiatic. If you call an Oromo Ethiopia he probably will correct you and say he is OROMO and the Ethiopians come from Asia (Middle East). Tigre is the same as "Tigray" you fvcking idiot. People of Eritrea don't consider themselves the same as the black groups in Ethiopia and they will tell you they have different origins.
quote:
Tigre is the same as "Tigray" you fvcking idiot
You don know more about Eritrea than 85500. You might as well stop while you are behind.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 17553

Rate Member
quote:

have it all confused. Eritrea is now occupied by vast majority of Tigray people. They DO NOT considered themselves of African origin but of Ethiopian (Asian) origin. Halie Selassie was not of Oromo origin. He considered the Oromos black African and himself Ethiopian (Asian). I see that you are unaware of ethnic conflict. People of Oromo, Afar, and other black African groups don't consider themselves 'Ethiopian' because they affiliate Ethiopian with being Asiatic. If you call an Oromo Ethiopia he probably will correct you and say he is OROMO and the Ethiopians come from Asia (Middle East). Tigre is the same as "Tigray" you fvcking idiot. People of Eritrea don't consider themselves the same as the black groups in Ethiopia and they will tell you they have different origins.

You have to be the dumbest cesspool of nimwits I've ever encountered. You're not even rational with your arguments, you're just trolling your way into saying a lie till it feels right. Mind you i'm Eritrean, and a grad-student, so how the hell can you try to tell me who my people are? Is this a joke or what?

Listen here you white troll. Haile Selassie was an Oromo. The language Haile Selassie spoke was closer to the Oromos than any Eritrean language. Something like 88% of Amharic is of Cushitic origins.

There is no "Tigray" in Eritrea. There are Biher-Tigrinya and Tigre people. Tigray is a region inside Ethiopia. The people who live in the Tigray region call themselves Tigrayans.

No one in the horn of Africa, with the exception of Rashaida and Adeni Eritreans are of Arab origin. Amharas are kin with Oromos. There's really no difference between them.

Learn to know what the hell you're talking about. You and Iornkitten should date one another. I wish being stupid was painful.

Member # 17553

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by astenb:
You don know more about Eritrea than 85500. You might as well stop while you are behind.

Jamaican bob-sled team reject, how does it feel that your 5 feet 0 inches tall black hating racist bigot master was defeated by Eritreans? How does it feel that this racist bigot was killed with a fluffy pillow and buried under Menguistu Hali-mariam's toilet?

How does it feel that your prophet Marcus Gravey called him a white man wannabe? How does it feel to know that Haile Selassie was an Oromo of African origins with no connection to the middle east?

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Jamaican bob-sled team reject, how does it feel that your 5 feet 0 inches tall black hating racist bigot master was defeated by Eritreans? How does it feel that this racist bigot was killed with a fluffy pillow and buried under Menguistu Hali-mariam's toilet?

How does it feel that your prophet Marcus Gravey called him a white man wannabe? How does it feel to know that Haile Selassie was an Oromo of African origins with no connection to the middle east?

And how many Italians did you Eriterians kill during the wars of liberation? How many??? How many Italians did you defeat as proud rebelling Eriterians?
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now before I state what I am going to say, Let me say that Ethiopia and Eritrea should not be fighting against each other. These two countries will forever be linked because they are basically the same people. It really is sad that these countries people are still at each others throats after all these years, You would think that they would know that they are playing right into the hands of the elite and there divide and conquer tactics.

Now from what I have read about Eritrea They were colonized by Italy in the 1900's. They did not fight for liberation from Italy, but they were ready to fight Ethiopia. Could the reason be that they were "Okay" with being colonized by Europeans but were fighting mad about Ethiopia colonizing them. Is it safe to say that self Hatred fueled their 30 year war against Ethiopia. I say this not to pick a fight or make people angry, but the TRUTH needs to be understood. This also may play into why "Some" Eritreans think they are not linked with other Africans.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

have it all confused. Eritrea is now occupied by vast majority of Tigray people. They DO NOT considered themselves of African origin but of Ethiopian (Asian) origin. Halie Selassie was not of Oromo origin. He considered the Oromos black African and himself Ethiopian (Asian). I see that you are unaware of ethnic conflict. People of Oromo, Afar, and other black African groups don't consider themselves 'Ethiopian' because they affiliate Ethiopian with being Asiatic. If you call an Oromo Ethiopia he probably will correct you and say he is OROMO and the Ethiopians come from Asia (Middle East). Tigre is the same as "Tigray" you fvcking idiot. People of Eritrea don't consider themselves the same as the black groups in Ethiopia and they will tell you they have different origins.

You have to be the dumbest cesspool of nimwits I've ever encountered. You're not even rational with your arguments, you're just trolling your way into saying a lie till it feels right. Mind you i'm Eritrean, and a grad-student, so how the hell can you try to tell me who my people are? Is this a joke or what?

Listen here you white troll. Haile Selassie was an Oromo. The language Haile Selassie spoke was closer to the Oromos than any Eritrean language. Something like 88% of Amharic is of Cushitic origins.

There is no "Tigray" in Eritrea. There are Biher-Tigrinya and Tigre people. Tigray is a region inside Ethiopia. The people who live in the Tigray region call themselves Tigrayans.

No one in the horn of Africa, with the exception of Rashaida and Adeni Eritreans are of Arab origin. Amharas are kin with Oromos. There's really no difference between them.

Learn to know what the hell you're talking about. You and Iornkitten should date one another. I wish being stupid was painful.

You need to learn what the fvck you are talking about. Halie Selassie was not OROMO you fvcking idiot. He considered himself a descendant of the original Hebrew nation and his language was Ahmara. He considered the black people of 'Ethiopia' African and his neighbors. He considered himself "Ethiopian" (Asian). The people of Eritrea identify themselves as a different people than the other black groups of Ethiopia (Oromo, Afar, etc...). They claim their origins are from the Middle East, the Yemen border. Who the fvck said they are Arabs. Having origins in Yemen doesn't necessarily makes someone 'Arab.' Yemen wasn't even populated by "Arabs" in old age. Amharas doesn't considered their self to be kin with Oromos and Oromos doesn't considered their self to be kin with Amharas. Oromos call the Amharas "Ethiopian" and they call themselves Oromo. Amhara call themselves "Ethiopian" and call the Oromos 'Oromo' or black African.
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Huh what? I think you need to go back and read what betty wrote, see what i quoted, and read my reply. Reading and comprehension FTW.

Its all good though.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's well known Hitler assisted Ethiopia during Ethiopia's war with Italy in 1935. But this wasn't because Hitler was 'fond' of Ethiopia, it was purely political and in some cases, financial.

"The Italo-Ethiopian war made possible the Italy-German rapprochement because Hitler did not apply sanctions against Italy and made it available to Italy certain boycotted products, such as coal, allowing Mussolini to challenge the international community and with the war.However, in spite of the fact that Germany had adopted a neutral policy, Hitler secretly authorized a 3 billion mark credit to Ethiopia to buy arms.."

SOURCE http://tinyurl.com/ygu2nfg

"Germany became aware that its re-armament was worrying the European continent, and that it would become a target. When Pierre Laval signed the treaty with Italy, Germany became increasingly aware of the resistance presented by many European powers. In an internal document, a German representative in Ethiopia discussed with Emperor Haile Selassie the supply of modern arms and material for chemical warfare. If the Germans’ offer of arms was favorable, Ethiopia was to send a representative to Berlin to discuss the situation.10 Germany later said internally that it and Ethiopia had the same interests, and that a conflict with Italy over the Austrian question would be inevitable.11 Germany was aware that Mussolini, along with Britain and France, did not favor his involvement with Austria. Hitler felt that the only way to be able to take over Austria was to arm the Ethiopians as much as possible so that they would offer the greatest resistance toward the Italians. With the Italians distracted, Hitler would go into Austria. Hitler kept this plan secret, because he was aware of the complicated European political situation.12
German firms saw an interest in Ethiopia like the Italians did, but not for the same reasons. Companies such as Rheinmetall and Krupp Steel were aware that Ethiopia desperately needed supplies, and they could provide them.13 They helped supply the weapons to Ethiopia that were agreed to by Selassie and Hitler. The fact that Ethiopia was on the verge of entering war meant that they need to buy as many supplies as possible to prepare. German firms were prepared to offer Ethiopians what they needed in order to profit. Italy also saw an economic interest in Ethiopia because Mussolini was aware that Ethiopia had a large amount of natural resources, and Italy could improve its struggling economy. With an already struggling economy, Italy was desperate to look for solutions for this problem, and Ethiopia became a possible solution.

Emperor Haile Selassie would of course try and take the offer made by the Germans, and Ethiopia would receive some weapons from German firms.14 Emperor Selassie knew that Italy was a large military power, and it needed to arm immediately. Both Germany and Ethiopia felt they would win through this arms deal. With Mussolini sending troops into British Somaliland to prepare for the imminent invasion, Ethiopia had to speed up the process of the deal.15 Germany began to play a large role in the imminent war by causing panic in Europe while making deals with Ethiopia to stop Italy from conquest.
When the main invasion began in October of 1935, German officials discussed the situation. Communications showed that Germany wished to remain a “non-participant,” and with Italy diverted away from Europe and the League of Nations weakened, Germany focused on the Austrian question.16 It watched the Italian conflict, but Emperor Haile Selassie was aware that he was outnumbered, and Germany felt that Italy would likely succeed. Germany now knew that this was the time to take advantage of the European political situation, and it hoped that the Italo-Abyssinian conflict would continue for a long period of time so that it could begin its expansion plans.
"

SOURCE: http://tinyurl.com/ylcdh9u

I'll respond to the other stuff when I have more time. Peace for now and let your sources do the talking.

There was even some theories that Ethiopians were a type of Aryan. One thing that lives in infamy is the fact that there were Ethiopian Nazis.

Believe it or not!

No other European country came to the aide of Ethiopia. They all refused to back a Black country against a White - this was specifically there statement. Only Hitler helped Ethiopia.

My point is that Race Cults are not based on anything rationale. Remember, Hitler himself was most likely part Jewish.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com