EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » It took a white man to evolve rap and make it universal, what a shame.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It took a white man to evolve rap and make it universal, what a shame.
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While black rappers rap about guns, hoes, and 20" rims, you know, the experiences of life that do not go beyond the confines of a ghetto block, a white rapper has elevated the genre of music to universal heights. His rap allows for everyone to "feel" the experience in the lyrics. It is shyt like this that really show how least evolved blacks are on this planet. In nearly everything we [supposedely] originate, it takes a white or non-black to advance it.

This is what you call universal rap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s

Posts: 2025 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bitch GTFOH..

Eminem aint got **** on Tu-Pac after Pac Rap died...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjHcrOE778c

Show me ONE song Em did COLDER than this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkJA6SYwa94

Fool Tu-Pac is a Legend kid..GTFOH on that whiteboy's dick, Em USED to be COLD...

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, Pac's music aint universal. His music relates exclusively to the ghetto experience. Sorry buddy. I mean, yea, he was a bit user friendly to inquisitive and curious whites who wanted to, at a safe distance, peer into the life of the Negro thug, but he is certainly not an artist that can talk and relate to anyone, through his music. His music can only touch the hearts of poor blacks; his reach goes no farther than the ghetto. And this is what sets apart Eminem from the rest of rappers, especially the black rappers. Eminem's music has a long reach, able to touch the hearts of people, from the pauper to the rich, in any culture, in any country. It is a simple formula, speak to the humanity of the individual. Black artists just dont get it.

I wont even go into Biggie. I mean, come on bruh. That nigga aint universal by any stretch of the imagination. You are romanticizing fantasy my brother. But it aint your fault. Nearly all "conscious" blacks are given to romanticizing fantasy.

Posts: 2025 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if you think Tu-Pac only rapped about hoes and 20's you are stupid. there is no argument then because Tu-pac had deeper meanings in his lyrics. All Em talks about is his killing his Mom and wife, his kid and blond girls-typical white boy.
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Dude, Pac's music aint universal. His music relates exclusively to the ghetto experience. Sorry buddy. I mean, yea, he was a bit user friendly to inquisitive and curious whites who wanted to, at a safe distance, peer into the life of the Negro thug, but he is certainly not an artist that can talk and relate to anyone, through his music. His music can only touch the hearts of poor blacks; his reach goes no farther than the ghetto. And this is what sets apart Eminem from the rest of rappers, especially the black rappers. Eminem's music has a long reach, able to touch the hearts of people, from the pauper to the rich, in any culture, in any country. It is a simple formula, speak to the humanity of the individual. Black artists just dont get it.

Nigga you stupid while Tu-Pac's main message was the Thug experience this was not his main message. He talked about sh@t people could relate to of all races because his rap was about being oppressed and not ashamed to rebel(being a thug was never popular until Tu-Pac). But having dignity non the less. Look at his Alias "Makaveli" and compare that to "Slim Shady"...LOL now which one has a deep meaning??

Also Tu-Pac talked about some deep stuff, you need to look at that movie about Tu-Pac's life to understand the hidden messages he had in his music. You don't even understand Pac to disrespect him like that.

Like I said Tu-Pac WAS FROM THE DAMN GHETTO, he would be fake NOT TO RAP about the Ghetto and Rap was still finding its image, Whites always come after blacks lay the foundation,

White people are not ORIGINAL period, this is not racist but truth. For instance where did Storm front get "White Pride" or White Power from??? Yeah a Black man...(SAY IT LOUD IM BLACK AND IM PROUD)....

White people need to realize how Culturally inferior to they blacks are, With out black folks American whites would still be Quakers similar to Moromons in Utah...Mormons are the Epitomy of White culture...LMAO

Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Dude, go the video link and check out how an artist has matured by leaps and bounds, in his talent. I mean damn! why do you think the media promotes his ass?! There is a reason for that and please dont say it is because he is "white." That response has become so cliche. Be creative and come up with something new, please?

Oh yea, Tupac spoke only to the negro ghetto experience. Did I already say that?

--------------------
Will destroy all Black Lies

Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
"while Tu-Pac's main message was the Thug experience this was not his main message."

Thank you for bolstering my argument. That was mighty kind of you, sir (LOL)!!

--------------------
Will destroy all Black Lies

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Gigantic:
Dude, go the video link and check out how an artist has matured by leaps and bounds, in his talent. I mean damn! why do you think the media promotes his ass?! There is a reason for that and please dont say it is because he is "white." That response has become so cliche. Be creative and come up with something new, please?

Oh yea, Tupac spoke only to the negro ghetto experience. Did I already say that?

OH my God, dude I looked at that Clip by Em, Like I said he is cold but COME ON Dude, TU-PAC ORIGINATED THE ME AGAINST THE WORLD ATTITUDE man. Em is copying Pac Big Time man, Tu-Pac originated the Struggle/Rebel against the world style..Come on dude, Em is cold but he got nothing on Tu-Pac.
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
"while Tu-Pac's main message was the Thug experience this was not his main message."

Thank you for bolstering my argument. That was mighty kind of you, sir (LOL)!!

That shouls read the Thug experience was not his ONLY message, and its common sense for a guy from the Ghetto to rap about his life, Tu-Pac's carrer was cut short, Em had a time to take a break and mature unlike Pac.

Like I said Em has knocked off Pac and still does even in his "New" stuff he wants to be a rebel like Pac was..."Me against the world"-Tu-Pac..

LMAO...YOU...

-

Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
You are crazy! First off... say what you mean and mean what you say!

You say: "while Tu-Pac's main message was the Thug experience [1] this was not his main message [2]."

This is what you call self-contradiction. Your initial statement is how you truly feel, which of course, I can agree with --it supports my contention. Your second statement is the contradiction, a result of you trying to mask and hide the truth. You can't have two MAIN messages. Get it?

I hope you realize the self-contradiction. I took the liberty of adding footnotes to illustrate your psychosis.

-notes-

[1] Tu-Pac's main message was the Thug experience.

[2] this was not his main message.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
You are crazy! First off... say what you mean and mean what you say!

You say: "while Tu-Pac's main message was the Thug experience [1] this was not his main message [2]."

This is what you call self-contradiction. Your initial statement is how you truly feel, which of course, I can agree with --it supports my contention. Your second statement is the contradiction, a result of you trying to mask and hide the truth. You can't have two MAIN messages. Get it?

I hope you realize the self-contradiction. I took the liberty of adding footnotes to illustrate your psychosis.

-notes-

[1] Tu-Pac's main message was the Thug experience.

[2] this was not his main message.

Its called a typo and you have made plenty on here, like I said whit people are not original...even the Racists whites bite off of black culture...Now that is pathetic..lol.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Children often think that what they have in their lives is the true original, and that there was nothing before they came along.

I recall once watching a MTV show, and hearing some little White girl muse that the term "RAP" came from Blondie's song "Rapture" - such is the nature of White kids - hell "White People"!

For the record; the term "Rap" is derived from the word "Rhapsodize."

Interesting note here; I often speak about how the White man uses his power over media and information to further his goals.

A minor example here; Rhapsodize USED to mean to "Speak in a rhythmic lyrical manner". Seems that now that Blacks OWN the word, that definition had to be toned down a bit - guess it sounded too high-toned. (Many dictionaries now have a different, less high-toned meaning).

To the point of the thread, Rap originally was a "Party Music" in the manner of "Rappers delight" by The Sugarhill Gang. Then Rappers like Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five began putting social comment into Rap, like with "The Message" (1982). In 1983, Grandmaster Flash followed that with "White Lines (Don't Don't Do It)" being credited by "Grandmaster & Melle Mel.

All of the above, was music in the truest sense of the word, and of the highest quality.

But then something happened, I'm not sure what it was, but I suspect that it was White music producers seeing Blacks once again dominate music, but now with control of production.

To head this of, it seems they needed a way to so pollute the genre, that no one would want to buy it. In came the Niggers-off-the-streets, such as Tu-Pac, Biggie and a host of others.

And here Gigantic is quite right, these people knew nothing about music or musical content - They WERE street Niggers you know - thus all they could Rap about was guns, hoes, and 20" rims.

But the devious White Mans plans failed, yes, most adult Blacks were repulsed by it, but suburban White kids loved it.

Wiki has a half decent history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rap_music

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Nah my nigga, it aint no typo. A typo is a mispelled word. What you did is called a self-contradiction. It is a striaght [sic] up psychological issue (LOL)!

notice: "striaght" - TYPO.

quote:
Originally posted by Just call me Jari:
Its called a typo and you have made plenty on here, like I said whit people are not original...even the Racists whites bite off of black culture...Now that is pathetic..lol.

Heru-Tunde
Member # 16164

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heru-Tunde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You obviously are not familiar with rap, go listen to the likes of Nas, Pharacyde, Tribe Called Quest, Souls of Mischief, Outkast, they didn't just rap about hoes and rims and they came before Eminem.

--------------------
The future of the black revolution

Posts: 24 | From: South London aka South Babylon | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heru-Tunde
Member # 16164

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heru-Tunde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But on another note where are the mods in this place, why should this topic be allowed to exist on this forum?

--------------------
The future of the black revolution

Posts: 24 | From: South London aka South Babylon | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rap is often used by black people to establish what they believe is their black identity. So somebody like Jay Z is saying to white people:

"I'm black and I act "black", I'm here to stay, and you will have to learn to live with it. I won't change my style and act like you, I will make millions of dollars and I won't be stopped"

As far as a universalist approach, Michael Jackson

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heru-Tunde:
You obviously are not familiar with rap, go listen to the likes of Nas, Pharacyde, Tribe Called Quest, Souls of Mischief, Outkast, they didn't just rap about hoes and rims and they came before Eminem.

Heru-Tunde - If you're speaking to me, you're right. Like Don Cornelius (Soul Train), when I saw where Rap was going, I ran the other way, and I haven't stopped running. I know that you have no clue as to why, so here are some visual hints.

Growing up, these are the people whom I admired and took visual clues from.

James Brown and the famous Flames

-

Otis redding

-

Sam Cooke

-

Marvin Gaye

-

Ray Charles

-

Jackie Wilson

-

Temptations

-

This is What that devious White man, and his "Street Niggers" gave to you. (We won't even talk about the quality of the music).

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMT2
Member # 16951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMT2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I wont even go into Biggie. I mean, come on bruh. That nigga aint universal by any stretch of the imagination. You are romanticizing fantasy my brother. But it aint your fault. Nearly all "conscious" blacks are given to romanticizing fantasy.

Record sales does not equate to greatness, fool. You dont know the first thing about Hip hop or anything else for that matter you trolling MF.
Posts: 191 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Does anyone know who the creature on the right is?

I didn't think it was possible, but he looks even stupider than George Bush!

Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
But he was white :-)

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:

Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
So what can we use to measure greatness? Do pray tell, sir.

quote:
Originally posted by JMT2:
Record sales does not equate to greatness, fool. You dont know the first thing about Hip hop or anything else for that matter you trolling MF.

JMT2
Member # 16951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMT2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
rap is often used by black people to establish what they believe is their black identity. So somebody like Jay Z is saying to white people:

"I'm black and I act "black", I'm here to stay, and you will have to learn to live with it. I won't change my style and act like you, I will make millions of dollars and I won't be stopped"

Another stupid statement coming from a moronic troll who claims whites will turn black if they live near the equator (yet provides no scientific evidence to support his bullshiit claim).

Jackson was already an icon with AAs long before whites and others began to grasp onto his music. Black people don't need whites validation. Fuk you. Interesting though, when Jackson abandoned his soulful sound and his character began to deteriorate, whites took a liking.

Posts: 191 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMT2
Member # 16951

quote:

quote:

Do pray when you come out from the shadows you spamming coward.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

quote:

That is a really stupid question, and is indicative of your musical illiteracy. You judge music by it's quality.

And JMT2 is correct, the perfect examples are the two greatest names in White music.

In the 50s, Black artists like Little Richard and Chuck Berry were whipping young White girls into a frenzy with their Rock-n-Roll.

As a counter to this, Whites promoted a young White singer who could "Sing Black" that was Elvis Presley. As Little Richard later said, "He couldn't even carry a tune" - but of course that's why you have technicians in the sound room.

Then along came the Beatles, they sang what was called "Bubble-Gum" music. That because only 13 year old White girls liked it (I want to hold your hand - pure kid stuff).

They were so bad that Black owned Vee-Jay records in Gary, Indiana refused to take them as part of a packaged offering.

But as I said, 13 year old White girls liked them, and with the proper promotion, well the rest is history.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^In fairness, I must say that the Beatles improved over time. But in the aggregate, The Stones, Paul Simon, and also Queen, probably have a better body of work - with kudos to Bruce and Billy Joel.
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
^In fairness, I must say that the Beatles improved over time. But in the aggregate, The Stones, Paul Simon, and also Queen, probably have a better body of work - with kudos to Bruce and Billy Joel.

LOL, The Beatles...LOL..BILLY JOEL???

UMM..You're old.

Good White Artists

1) Eddie Vedder
2) Damien Rice
3)The Girl from the Cranberries...Hell The CRANBERRIES period!
4)George Straight

More I can't think of right now..lol...but Billy Joel...LMAO..WOW

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Just call me Jari:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

LOL, The Beatles...LOL..BILLY JOEL???

UMM..You're old.

Good White Artists

1) Eddie Vedder
2) Damien Rice
3)The Girl from the Cranberries...Hell The CRANBERRIES period!
4)George Straight

More I can't think of right now..lol...but Billy Joel...LMAO..WOW

You are a child of Rap, if quality music was humping you, you still wouldn't know what it was.

Hopefully when you reach adulthood your mind might have expanded. Then you might realize that music is one of the few things that is truly raceless and universal - good music is good music regardless of who makes it. Whites might not be able to create new music, but there are a few who do a really good at making music.

But most distressing, you sound like one of those stunted Blacks who thinks that there is "Our" music and everybody else's music.

Therefore you will never take the trouble to investigate those few wonderful Classical pieces, or a Haitian Meringue, or a Trini Calypso/Soca, or a Jamaican Reggae, or a Dominican Meringue, (honorable mention to the Central Americans), and for sure, you will never (selectively) investigate American Country music.

BTW - bet you didn't know that many greats of Black music started off singing (ugh) Country music.

Lee Dorsey's Blue grass was probably his best work. Leadbelly's music was all country. Ray Charles Spanish Angels with Willie Nelson, is one of his best pieces.

Young boy, you don't know sh1t about music, ditch the Rap and try to learn something - your reward will be pleasure.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com