EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The Abaza Troll..Another Afrangi Egyptian(Of scottish decent)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Abaza Troll..Another Afrangi Egyptian(Of scottish decent)
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did u get that most egyptians dont look as if they mixed, most of the egyptian popultion is not white. i got a question for u, what city are u from in eygpt? And tell me if u ever traveled around egypt to see the different ppl thier are. I can assure that most of the egyptian popultion does not look white. The only ppl that would look white are the ones whom u would find in the cities. Being of turkish, syrian, etc... decent how could they ever be all of the sudden egyptian, and u lable nubians as inferior to egyptian popultion, Even though nubians are not egpytian they have lived in Eygpt and had great deal of history with Egypt so u can not exclude them as egyptians, and say the white ppl of foriegn decent to be egyptian as if they have always been inhabitants of egypt.
No other african would tell and eygptian he is not African, the only reason we are losing the African identity is because ppl like u, whom just say we are arab, When u say u are an arab u deny ur egyptian identiy because arabs came from the middle east. And if u say u are arab and in eyppt is saying u are not egptian but an arab whom came and settled in egypt. Their is nothin wrong with having your own identiy i dont understand why eygptians want to classify themselves as arab awnser me this question, why take away the eygptian identiy for another identity that is not who u are. latin america and south America have all had influnce from Spain and Portugal but non of them classify themselves as european, even the white hispanics dont. And they had the same influence as arabs had on egpyt, but they keep their identiy seperate from europe.

MORE

What are u taking about, u dont stick to your points first of all. Know u change the topic of egyptians being arabs to egyptians to being caucasin and that they look European. Now that is non sence, the classification of all egyptian as caucasion is wrong(only a small percentage would be classified as so) (First biologically thier is no such thing as race and as egyptians we know that and second skin color does not depict race) , as u could see from all the pictures Egypt is diverse as all phenotypical differences, from only a few pics i would not say they are caucasion, most of the pics he posted show no relevance to a white European at all. I have never mistaken an eyptian for southern European, and if i do its pobebly because they are of European decent. What u got to understand, is that Egypt is a melting pot like Brazil for example, different shades diferent phenotypes. When u enter the cities u see all kinds of characters, and can tell of different admixture. Every city/village has its history labling all egyptians as white is totally wrong,(and when i say egyptian i mean those who are ethnically egyptian) i have never heared that if a person were mixed they would be caucasion what kind of non sense is that. U dont have to be a skin color of black to be considered black, most ppl in Africa skin color comes nothin lookin like black, they can appear brown, dark brown, yellowish brown, reddish brown etc... many of those pics shown above could be mistaken for east Africans. And i am not sayin modern eypgtians are all black, but they are mixed in the sence that they earn status as African who had interminglation from foriengn stock and some what mixed with parts of the populaiton. The reason i use Brazil is because its such a good exp. to realte to egypt in the sence its a melting pot. In Brazil we have indians whom first inhabited the region, the when white settlers from Europe came they mixed with the indains as had been done to other indians in the Americas,(known as metizeo)Not only were their white settlers that settled in but africans from Africa whom also mixed into the socity. As time passed we know see different shades, features, etc... Now the same goes for egypt but instead of indians we have Egyptias And during the ottoman rule and different group of foriegn stock came and settled in Egypt, and where in Egypt, moslty the cities, depending on social status. Egyptions intermingled with these ppl brought a great deal of new admixture that brought what we have today. Instead of indians we had Egyptian whom would have been classified as black or mixed depending of how u wanna look at.
You are one of those ppl who can not stand being called African, because it gives a name of "shame". Ok if u are white ur white, but TO try to change the egyptian identity so u feel like u are not like Africans but more elite as to the Eurapeans than that my friend is wrong and wont work. M not no afro centric person i just want to clear up the nonsence on that covers up the true identity.

[This message has been edited by multisphinx (edited 17 December 2004).]

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ABAZA

Are you stating that an average Egyptian looks alike an average Italian,Greek or Spaniard? Please tell me how many South Europeans look like these people?

I can assure you that an average South Europeans are VERY different from an average Egyptians, even their facial features are not the same.

quote:
Egyptians are Caucasians, Not Arabs and Not Blacks. There is a little admixture of other racial types, but it does not change the predominant features or racial type.

Again,you are mixing anthropological terms(Caucasians,blacks) with ethnical ones(Arab). Again: Arabic-speaking people can look like many things,they are mostly caucasoid but many are black and mixed.The term "Arab" is not an opposite to "Caucasian" or "black". If you mean that Egyptians are not ethnically Arab(of Saudi or yemeni descent),then you are basically right(despite the fact that they have Arab admixture), but still I dont understand why do you once say that Arab is not a racial term, then say that the "Egyptians are Caucasians, Not Arabs and Not Blacks" and so and so and so ... ya salaaam Egyptians are mostly Caucasian, but the important word is that mostly. There are many Egyptians who are mixed caucasoid-negroid, (especially many Upper Egyptians) and many of them would be considered "black" in the West. For me they are simply mixed,not white not black,and khalaaaaaaaas.

Egyptians are culturally Arabs,ethnically are descendants of Ancient ones + admixture of some other nations,anthropologically are mixed caucasoid-negroid, on the average more caucasoid looking and as for that black&white classification, they are beed,2am
7awey,somr,sood,everything!

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
LMAO-The Abaza Troll Admits he is a Saudi Arabian to Aswani in Arabic..

Wow BigMo told me in Arabic he was a Mukhtaba from Saudi Arabia and that he knew that the black africans were the innocent doves of ancient egypt.

How did U and Ausar come to the conclusion that BigMo is a Circassian what did u do a backround check and DNA test.

More

Some background upon the Abaza surname. Most Egyptian peasants(fellahin) excluding the sa3eedi,donot have surnames. Most take the name of the grandfather because of paternal desent. In Egypt you sometimes can identify a non-indigenous person by factors like speech,dress,and even economic status. This is not to say that the lines are not slightly blured because some mixing ans assimuilation has trickled down to the ordinary modern Egyptian population. However, I am willing to bet that many of the more affluent Egyptian families in the west probably have some foreign origins. Even within Sa3eed there are Egyptians that claim Circassian or Arabic desent. Some claim Ashraf. That is a lineage that desends back to the prophet muhammed.

I cannot say what ethnicity Big Mo is except he has a a heavy bias against dark skinned people. Lots of Egyptians,even the dark ones, donot particulary like many sub-saharan groups but he takes it to the extreme.

The multi-layered ethnicity of modern Egypt is very complex and not easily undestood to those without knowledge of Egypt in all periods including the post-revolution.
Link
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=001819
[Big Grin]

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is a good example of what I had been talking about. If black people came first and then some of them changed into white people there is no account here for the transitional phase. It is assumed all "in between" people are the result of opposites mixing.

There is no comprehension of an evolutionary process. In none of these scenarios that are used in these arguments is this process recognized.

Were white people always light skinned?

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Abaza Family

The Abaza clan, "deeply rooted in Egyptian society and... in the history of the country" [1 http://www.bibalex.org/alexcinema/actors/Rushdi_Abaza.html] is a popular, well-known and influential aristocratic Egyptian family that plays a powerful and long-standing role in Egyptian economic, intellectual and political life. Their main stronghold is the Sharqia Governorate in the Nile Delta.

The family is noted for producing a large number of noble Pashas, Beks/Beys, Hanims, "Saheb" or "Sahebet Ezza", "Saada", "Maaly", and "Ossma", intellectuals, politicians, business people and men of letters. It is considered the largest extended family in Egypt. In addition several living Abazas hold the title 'His or Her Excellency', for example serving ministers in government or serving diplomats.

Historical Overview

The Abaza family originated in Abazinia, a region in north Georgia bordering the Caucasus mountains. However, intermarriage into native Egyptian families, specifically native upper class families, was and remains common for Abazas thus ensuring native Egyptian ancestry for the entire clan.

The Abazins were one of several Muslim ethnic groups living in the Russian Empire who emigrated during the Muhajir (Caucasus) in the mid-19th century, although some sources indicate that the Egyptian Abazas emigrated 600-800 years ago. Many moved to Turkey, but later emigrated again and settled in various Arab countries. In their new Arab home, the Abazins took – or were given – the last name "Abaza".

Afaf Lutfi Sayyid-Marsot in the study, Egypt in the Reign of Muhammad Ali, makes mention of a traditional belief amongst the Egyptian Abaza Family that they were named after a "beloved grandmother...or her place of birth". Family elders sat on the majlis created by Ibrahim Pasha, "uhda" (or royal endowments) of villages and land were obtained by the Family and "the Abaza flourished" (pp.123-124).

During the accession of the young King Farouk, "the Abaza family had solicited palace authorities to permit the royal train to stop briefly in their village so that the king could partake in refreshments offered in a large, magnificently ornamented tent they had erected in the train station." [http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2005/762/chrncls.htm Al-Ahram Weekly

Members of the Egyptian Abaza clan consider themselves a family, and are categorized as a 'family' or 'clan' in the country in which they are well-known.

There is also a town in Russia named Abaza (town).

Notable Egyptian Abaza

Living Figures

* Hussien Abaza Wagih Abaza- Chairman of Peugeot Egypt and Member of the El Shura Council (the Second Egyptian House of Parliament).
* Amin Abaza- current Minister of Agriculture.
* Ahmed Tarek Ola-abaza- a composer and academic.
* Mahmoud Abaza, President of the Wafd Party and Member of Parliament.
* Mahmoud Ahmed Sherif Abaza- nominated to represent Egypt in the Global Young Leaders Conference in New York, USA.
* Fekry Pasha Abaza- a famous writer and a former Pasha.
* Walid Hamdy Abaza- senior sales manger at EMAAR misr.
* Wagih Kamal Abaza- Chief District Attorney in Cairo.
* Amr Hamdy Abaza- a graduated student From the AAST, Industrial and Management Engineering Department.
* Magdy Kamal Abaza- Undersecretary of the Ministry of Investment and Chairman of PortSaid Free Zone.
* Mohammed Samir Abaza- The head of one of the Abaza family offshoots that traveled to and lived in Bahrain.

Deceased Figures

* The Sheikh of the Arabs, Hassan Abaza- an 19th Century family leader.
* The Sheikh of the Arabs, Boghdadi Abaza- an 19th Century family leader.
* Wagih Abaza- during 1950–1952 Abaza was in charge of the commandos against the British, founder of Peugeot Egypt and former governor of Cairo and Damanhour and one of the Free Officers along with Gamal Abdul Nasser.
* Tharwat Abaza- a novelist in modern Egyptian literature.
* Fouad Abaza Pasha.
* Aziz Pasha Abaza- a popular and well-known poet in Egypt.
* Rushdy Abaza- a popular actor in Egypt and the Arab World.
* Maher Abaza- a former Minister of Energy for 17 years.
* Ibrahim Desouqy Abaza Pasha.
* Doctor Mahmoud Bek Soliman Abaza
* Abd-Allah Bek Fekry Abaza
* El-Hajj Wasfy Bek Abaza

There was also a noble Russian-Greek Abaza family, of which Alexander Abaza was a member.

External links

* [http://www.presidency.gov.eg/html/the_cabinet.html Amin Abaza on Egyptian Presidency Site ]
* [http://www.bibalex.org/alexcinema/actors/Rushdi_Abaza.html Rushdi Abaza on Egyptian State Information Service Site]
* [http://www.sis.gov.eg/VR/figures/english/html/Aziz%20Abaza.htm Aziz Abaza on Egyptian State Information Service Site]
* [http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=1781 Mahmoud Abaza on a Media Site]
* [http://www.peugeot.com.eg/abaza/profile.htm Wagih Abaza]
* [http://www.sis.gov.eg/VR/figures/english/html/mourad.htm Layla Mourad on Egyptian State Information Service Site]
* [http://articles.latimes.com/2002/mar/19/local/me-passings19.1_Abaza.html Tharwat Abaza's Death on a Media Site]

References

* [1 http://www.bibalex.org/alexcinema/actors/Rushdi_Abaza.html]
* [http://books.google.co.nz/books?id=KCz7N-GYKRcC&pg=PA123&dq=abaza+family&client=firefox-a&sig=ACfU3U1T4j1N2a1kVfPEUr23D95c3vusSA Egypt in the Reign of Muhammad Ali]

http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/558424 [Big Grin]

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jari, if you have the time there is another thread over in the other sections of the forum where an Egyptian chatter calls him out. The chatter even shows that Abaza is not even apart of the Abaza family.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^_______________________________________Bump
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Fraud_Buster:

Too bad, there are so many "Fake Egyptians", who are "Known Liars" and have been discredited "100%"
in front of everyone here that can see fact from fiction.

Wow BigMo(The Fraudulent Busted Tranny) told me in Arabic he was a Mukhtaba from Saudi Arabia and that he knew that the black africans were the innocent doves of ancient egypt.

How did U and Ausar come to the conclusion that BigMo is a Circassian what did u do a backround check and DNA test.

LMAO..The Fraudulent Busted Abaza Tranny has been exposed..!!

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just call me Jari:
Abaza Family

The Abaza clan, "deeply rooted in Egyptian society and... in the history of the country" [1 http://www.bibalex.org/alexcinema/actors/Rushdi_Abaza.html] is a popular, well-known and influential aristocratic Egyptian family that plays a powerful and long-standing role in Egyptian economic, intellectual and political life. Their main stronghold is the Sharqia Governorate in the Nile Delta.

The family is noted for producing a large number of noble Pashas, Beks/Beys, Hanims, "Saheb" or "Sahebet Ezza", "Saada", "Maaly", and "Ossma", intellectuals, politicians, business people and men of letters. It is considered the largest extended family in Egypt. In addition several living Abazas hold the title 'His or Her Excellency', for example serving ministers in government or serving diplomats.

Historical Overview

The Abaza family originated in Abazinia, a region in north Georgia bordering the Caucasus mountains. However, intermarriage into native Egyptian families, specifically native upper class families, was and remains common for Abazas thus ensuring native Egyptian ancestry for the entire clan.

The Abazins were one of several Muslim ethnic groups living in the Russian Empire who emigrated during the Muhajir (Caucasus) in the mid-19th century, although some sources indicate that the Egyptian Abazas emigrated 600-800 years ago. Many moved to Turkey, but later emigrated again and settled in various Arab countries. In their new Arab home, the Abazins took – or were given – the last name "Abaza".

Afaf Lutfi Sayyid-Marsot in the study, Egypt in the Reign of Muhammad Ali, makes mention of a traditional belief amongst the Egyptian Abaza Family that they were named after a "beloved grandmother...or her place of birth". Family elders sat on the majlis created by Ibrahim Pasha, "uhda" (or royal endowments) of villages and land were obtained by the Family and "the Abaza flourished" (pp.123-124).

During the accession of the young King Farouk, "the Abaza family had solicited palace authorities to permit the royal train to stop briefly in their village so that the king could partake in refreshments offered in a large, magnificently ornamented tent they had erected in the train station." [http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2005/762/chrncls.htm Al-Ahram Weekly

Members of the Egyptian Abaza clan consider themselves a family, and are categorized as a 'family' or 'clan' in the country in which they are well-known.

There is also a town in Russia named Abaza (town).

Notable Egyptian Abaza

Living Figures

* Hussien Abaza Wagih Abaza- Chairman of Peugeot Egypt and Member of the El Shura Council (the Second Egyptian House of Parliament).
* Amin Abaza- current Minister of Agriculture.
* Ahmed Tarek Ola-abaza- a composer and academic.
* Mahmoud Abaza, President of the Wafd Party and Member of Parliament.
* Mahmoud Ahmed Sherif Abaza- nominated to represent Egypt in the Global Young Leaders Conference in New York, USA.
* Fekry Pasha Abaza- a famous writer and a former Pasha.
* Walid Hamdy Abaza- senior sales manger at EMAAR misr.
* Wagih Kamal Abaza- Chief District Attorney in Cairo.
* Amr Hamdy Abaza- a graduated student From the AAST, Industrial and Management Engineering Department.
* Magdy Kamal Abaza- Undersecretary of the Ministry of Investment and Chairman of PortSaid Free Zone.
* Mohammed Samir Abaza- The head of one of the Abaza family offshoots that traveled to and lived in Bahrain.

Deceased Figures

* The Sheikh of the Arabs, Hassan Abaza- an 19th Century family leader.
* The Sheikh of the Arabs, Boghdadi Abaza- an 19th Century family leader.
* Wagih Abaza- during 1950–1952 Abaza was in charge of the commandos against the British, founder of Peugeot Egypt and former governor of Cairo and Damanhour and one of the Free Officers along with Gamal Abdul Nasser.
* Tharwat Abaza- a novelist in modern Egyptian literature.
* Fouad Abaza Pasha.
* Aziz Pasha Abaza- a popular and well-known poet in Egypt.
* Rushdy Abaza- a popular actor in Egypt and the Arab World.
* Maher Abaza- a former Minister of Energy for 17 years.
* Ibrahim Desouqy Abaza Pasha.
* Doctor Mahmoud Bek Soliman Abaza
* Abd-Allah Bek Fekry Abaza
* El-Hajj Wasfy Bek Abaza

There was also a noble Russian-Greek Abaza family, of which Alexander Abaza was a member.

External links

* [http://www.presidency.gov.eg/html/the_cabinet.html Amin Abaza on Egyptian Presidency Site ]
* [http://www.bibalex.org/alexcinema/actors/Rushdi_Abaza.html Rushdi Abaza on Egyptian State Information Service Site]
* [http://www.sis.gov.eg/VR/figures/english/html/Aziz%20Abaza.htm Aziz Abaza on Egyptian State Information Service Site]
* [http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=1781 Mahmoud Abaza on a Media Site]
* [http://www.peugeot.com.eg/abaza/profile.htm Wagih Abaza]
* [http://www.sis.gov.eg/VR/figures/english/html/mourad.htm Layla Mourad on Egyptian State Information Service Site]
* [http://articles.latimes.com/2002/mar/19/local/me-passings19.1_Abaza.html Tharwat Abaza's Death on a Media Site]

References

* [1 http://www.bibalex.org/alexcinema/actors/Rushdi_Abaza.html]
* [http://books.google.co.nz/books?id=KCz7N-GYKRcC&pg=PA123&dq=abaza+family&client=firefox-a&sig=ACfU3U1T4j1N2a1kVfPEUr23D95c3vusSA Egypt in the Reign of Muhammad Ali]

http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/558424 [Big Grin]

This is some of the most interesting and enlightening information I've seen on Egyptsearch. Wonder if Zahi comes fromthis group. [Razz]
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Dana, Zahi is from Damietta. A region that has had influences from Arabic bedouins and crusaders. He is actually from Egyptian peasant stock.
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Dana, Zahi is from Damietta. A region that has had influences from Arabic bedouins and crusaders. He is actually from Egyptian peasant stock.

Yes - I know ausar. I remember he told me so (not the peasant part though). More likely it has been Turkish (Circassian) influences like many Palestinian "Arabs" that have given him his color though.
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Dana, its possible that many Egyptians in the Delta could have Circassian ancestry. I have never read about it. Certain Albanian troops intermingled with the Nubians around Aswan.
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Dana, its possible that many Egyptians in the Delta could have Circassian ancestry. I have never read about it. Certain Albanian troops intermingled with the Nubians around Aswan.

I'm also not sure how many of the Mameluks were also Circassians. I just know that many were brought into Palestine as concubines and mercenaries where Arabs like the Haweitat and Hudhail or Huzail mixed with them.

They also came into Egypt in large numbers earlier.

I just read stuff like from the classic, History of the Arabs in the Sudan by Harold MacMichael :

"In 1382 to 1517 the Circassian Mamluks held Egypt. They ruled entirely with the aid of alien mercenaries, Circassians, Turks, Greeks, and Mongols..."

All of these people can of course be seen on the faces of many Egyptians.

And on an online site about the same period I found the following:
"Much like the Bahri Mamluk dynasty, the Circassian sultans usually gained power through murder and usurpation rather than natural succession and inheritance. In 1382, a Circassian slave took control of Egypt... The Circassian Mamluk Dynasty has been considered one of the most amazing periods in Cairo’s architectural history...."

I think many of the Mameluk Turks of the 14th - 16th century were largely of Circassian origin and other periods had many Bosnians (Albanians) as well.

I had quoted this previously Lucie A. Duff Gordon wrote of the appearance of Turkish Mamluk soldiers in Egypt that were fair and blue-eyed who “contrast curiously with the brown Fellaheen.” Gordon In Letters from Egypt 1863-1865 by p. 351-352 published by Elibron Classics in 2001.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Here is a list of later Circassian Viziers in Egypt taken from another site -

"Mamalik Emirs' names
Years during service
Origin

1. Sayf Addin Khayr-bey
1517-1522
Circassian

From the 1522 untill 1630 there was right government of Osman Sultans in the Egypt. From 1630 the power is passed onto Mamaliks, and in 1711 Egyptian pashalik was transformed into half-independent Emirat-Beylikat, which meant proclamation of Mamalik system of government.

2. Kitas-bey
?-1631
Circassian

3. Ridvan-bey Al-Fakari, and his co-ruler Qanshaw-bey Al-Qassimi
1631-1656

1631-1647
Circassian

Circassian

4. Ahmad-bey Al-Qassimi
1656, 1659-1662
Bosnian

5. Ibrahim-bey ibn Zoulfikar Al-Faqari
1692-1694
Circassian

6. Ivaz-bey Al-Qassimi
?-1711
Circassian

7. Kitas-bey Al-Faqari
1711-1714
Circassian

8. Ibrahim-bey Al-Qassimi, and his co-ruler Ismail-bey ibn Ivaz
1714-1719
Bosnian

Circassian

9. Mehmed-bey Al-Qassimi
1719-1731
Circassian

10. Osman-bey Al-Faqari
1731-1739
Circassian

11. Ibrahim-Qatkhoda Al-Kazdouglu, and his co-ruler Ridvan-bey, "aga" of Circassian corps
1744-1754
Georgian

Circassian

12. Ali-bey Al-Qabir,
1754-1773
Abkhazian

From the 1763 - The only Ruler after destroying of opposite group's leader - Cherkes Ibrahim-bey.

13. Muhammad-bey Abu Zahab
1773-1775
Circassian

14. Murad-bey (died in 1801), his co-ruler Ibrahim-bey (died in 1816)
1775-1798
Circassian

Geogian

15. Shahin-bey Al-Muradi
Circassian

16. Muhammad-bey Al-Alfi Ad-Muradi, and his co-ruler Bashtak-bey.
1801-1807
Circassian

Circassian"

Looks like they liked the names Cassim and Fekri.
Also looks like a lot of Franks fought there in Damietta in the 13th century (crusades period) as well against the Mamelukes who'd been bought from the Syrians. I guess that's where Zahi gets his diva nature. [Wink]

And "before 1952 there were around 60,000 Armenians in Egypt, living in Cairo and Alexandria."

Here's info cut and pasted on Armenians in Egypt
Fatimid period
This was a prosperous period for the Armenians in Egypt, when they enjoyed commercial, cultural and religious freedom. Their numbers increased considerably as more migrants arrived from Syria and Palestine, fleeing the advance of the Seljuks westward during the second half of the 10th century.

[edit] Mamluk period
Thousands of young Armenians, captured during invasions of the Armenian kingdom of Cilicia, which took place between 1266 and 1375, were brought to Egypt as mamluks or slave-soldiers. They were employed in agriculture and as craftsmen. The youngest were educated in army camps following the Mameluke system, and later employed in the army and the palace.

At the beginning of the 14th century, a schism occurred in the Armenian church, which caused Patriarch Sargis of Jerusalem to request and obtain a firman from the Sultan Al-Malik Al-Nasir. This brought the Armenians within the Mamluk realm under the jurisdiction of the Armenian Patriarchate of Jerusalem. The schismatic Armenians who came to Egypt were given permission to practice their religion freely. Their patriarch's authority over the Armenian community's private and public affairs was decisive. The churches and those who served them were supported by the generosity of the faithful and the revenues deriving from charitable foundations.

[edit] Mohamed Ali period
The reign of Mohamed Ali (1805 – 1849) witnessed strong migration streams of Armenians to Egypt. Mohamed Ali hired many Armenians to help his government at that time. The era of Mohamed Ali witnessed building Armenian churches in Egypt; one for the Armenian Orthodox and another one for the Armenian Catholics. Boghos Youssufian (1768-1844) was an Armenian banker and businessman who in 1819 was in charge of the Diwan Al-Tijara (bureau of commerce) besides overseeing other financial affairs for Mohamed Ali. In 1876 the Armenian Nubar Nubarian (1825-1899) the first Prime Minister in modern Egypt. The total number of Armenians in Egypt the 1917 was 12,854 inhabitants."

ALl of this just proving what you said a few years ago Ausar.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Its actually hard to find a group in the Middle East and southern Europe that didn't settle in Egypt in large numbers at one time.

--------------------
D. Reynolds-Marniche

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Dana, from what I have read I tend to favor most of the admixture in modern Egypt coming from southern Euope and th Levant.
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Dana, from what I have read I tend to favor most of the admixture in modern Egypt coming from southern Euope and th Levant.

That might be true. It certainly was in other parts of North Africa. I, however, was only looking at the admixture of groups known to have been fair skinned at the time. [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com