EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Yoga; anti-Christian, anti-Muslim?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yoga; anti-Christian, anti-Muslim?
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thesis will fight ANYTHING that interferes with their power over the weak-minded.

Yahoo! News
Southern Baptist leader on yoga: Not Christianity

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – A Southern Baptist leader who is calling for Christians to avoid yoga and its spiritual attachments is getting plenty of pushback from enthusiasts who defend the ancient practice.

Southern Baptist Seminary President Albert Mohler says the stretching and meditative discipline derived from Eastern religions is not a Christian pathway to God.

Mohler said he objects to "the idea that the body is a vehicle for reaching consciousness with the divine."

"That's just not Christianity," Mohler told The Associated Press.

Mohler argued in his online essay last month that Christians who practice yoga "must either deny the reality of what yoga represents or fail to see the contradictions between their Christian commitments and their embrace of yoga."

He said his view is "not an eccentric Christian position."

Other Christian leaders have said practicing yoga is incompatible with the teachings of Jesus. Pat Robertson has called the chanting and other spiritual components that go along with yoga "really spooky." California megachurch pastor John MacArthur called yoga a "false religion."

Muslim clerics have banned Muslims from practicing yoga in Egypt, Malaysia and Indonesia, citing similar concerns.

Yoga proponents say the wide-ranging discipline, which originated in India, offers physical and mental healing through stretching poses and concentration.

"Lots of people come to yoga because they are often in chronic pain. Others come because they think it's a nice workout," said Allison Terracio, who runs the Infinite Bliss studio in Louisville.

Mohler wrote the essay after reading "The Subtle Body," where author Stefanie Syman traces the history of yoga in America. Syman noted the growing popularity of yoga in the U.S. by pointing out that first lady Michelle Obama has added it to the festivities at the annual White House Easter Egg Roll on the front lawn.

Mohler said many people have written him to say they're simply doing exercises and forgoing yoga's eastern mysticism and meditation.

"My response to that would be simple and straightforward: You're just not doing yoga," Mohler said.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D_Oro
Member # 17954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for D_Oro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 770 | From: www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D_Oro
Member # 17954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for D_Oro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yoga, A Religion for Sex Addicts

Freehold, Iowa - "Just last week, a young member of our church approached me with a question," Pastor Deacon Fred told the congregation during morning services. "He asked me, 'Should Christians practice Yoga?' I paused for just a moment before slapping him so hard across the face with the back of my hand that one of his teeth flew out into the hallway. As I watched the man search for his tooth, and, after giving up, then scamper away like a schoolboy sissy, I thought to myself, 'Are we going to have to bring this whole thing up about Yoga again? I thought our Sunday school curriculum included lessons about the evils of everything Oriental, including Yoga and was being taught to children in our elementary school! I was so distraught that I spent the entire afternoon with Landover Baptist's Director of Christian Education, Sister Suzie Kirnhill, discussing the matter."

What Pastor Deacon Fred found is that Landover's teachings regarding Yoga were pulled from the Sunday School curriculum during the early 1980's when it was thought that Yoga was no longer being practiced in the State of Iowa. "Do you mean to tell me that we have a religion like Yoga that teaches it's followers how to contort their bodies into demonic positions with the ultimate goal of being able to place their sexual organs into their mouths, and you are not warning our children about this!?" said Pastor Deacon Fred. Sister Kirnhill was silent. "If this is not placed back into our curriculum and taught in graphic detail to our 3rd graders by next Sunday, then you can consider yourself, FIRED!" yelled Deacon Fred.

Creation Science teaches us that "Yoga" is a religion that sprang forth from the corrupt roots of sexual depravity in the 1960's. A time when godless long-haired liberals were running around our country trying to get people to turn their backs on Christ and embrace other made-up religions. Secular scholars argue that the practice of "Yoga" is nearly 3,000 years old. We know this to be a lie because the Bible never mentions anything about it, and the Bible is the most accurate historical book ever written. Creation Scientists place the origins of "Yoga," closer to 1963 when film actress Connie Stevens is seen doing it on historically archived film.

Most beginning "yogists" are lured into taking classes with the promise of growing a better heart and becoming healthy. It is not until the third or fourth lesson that they are told what is really going on, and the temptation is far too great to resist. Yoga appeals to the most basic primal instincts, and therefore is a temptation even to the Truly Saved™.

One Baptist pastor who was sent to covertly study the religion was nearly lost to the church in 1971. It took four deacons and three Landover ladies to pry his lips off of his penis, smack him across the back of his head with a few dozen Bibles, and drug him long enough to get him to a safe house where it took nearly 1-year in traction to deprogram him. Yes, it's true - ONE YEAR! to get the demon of Yoga out. Nearly a whole week longer than the time needed by Baptist ministers to get a Catholic to stop worshipping Mary! Creation Scientists were able to get the vital information they needed about Yoga from this Baptist minister, who still struggles with yogatic temptations to this day!

"This is a dangerous game we are playing," said Pastor Deacon Fred last Sunday, "How the Devil got in here and shut down our Yoga curriculum, is beyond my understanding! We are not talking about Iowa anymore folks. This ministry reaches more people around the world in one day that Billy Graham's Corporation reaches in ten-years! Millions of folks come to our web site for advice on these sorts of things on an hourly basis. We want to make sure this information gets posted up there as quickly as possible! And we are not stopping at forbidding this elaborate worship self-arousal. We are also reminding everyone of our ban on the seamy byproduct of this filthy religion – the product named after its kinky sexual contortions, yogurt. If I see so much as one little tub of yogurt on the church campus or when I inspect your refrigerators during tithe accounting, you will be slung up so bad you'll look like you could eat your own elbow – as well as your willy!

[Big Grin] I love yoga!

Posts: 770 | From: www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only unintelligent fools will listen to what some demented fool as to what might do with ones body or mind. Can't adults just grow independent minds?
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Religion is a multi-trillion dollar industry. Can't blame them for wanting to keep their monopoly and their customers.

Nice one D_Oro: Yogurt, I love it.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chanel123
Member # 18293

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chanel123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
of her. "I'm on [u]rolex mens watch[/u] on television nearly every single day with rolex watch with reporters. ... Now granted, that's mainly fake chanel bags mainly through my
job at Fox News, [h4]replica watches[/h4] News, and I'm very proud to be [u]chanel j12 white[/u] be associated with them, but I'm

not avoiding anything or [h2]oris watches for sale[/h2] or anybody."I'm on
Facebook and Twitter. I'm [u]IWC Replicas[/u] I'm out there. I want to talk [h1]A Lange & Sohne Cabaret[/h1] talk about my record, though."The 2008 vice replica jewelry chanel vice presidential nominee
also recognized that, "yes, Omega Speedmaster Snoopy Edition "yes, the organization would have to change. Vacheron Constantin Patrimony change. & I'd have to bring in knockoff prada handbags in more people
-- more people who [h3]rolex datejust[/h3] who are trustworthy."Draper's story, "The Palin Network," rolex explorer Network," details the inner workings of the lady dior bag the Palin political

Posts: 20 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com