EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Nile Valley Civilization: Km.t (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nile Valley Civilization: Km.t
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O my beautiful one,
I wish I were part of your affairs, like a wife.
With your hand in mine
your love would be returned.
I implore my heart:
"If my true love stays away tonight,
I shall be like someone already
in the grave."
Are you not my health and my life?
How joyful is your good health
for the heart that seeks you!
-Egyptian Poem..

-

"There is now a sufficient body of evidence from modern studies of skeletal remains to indicate that the ancient Egyptians, especially southern Egyptians, exhibited physical characteristics that are within the range of variation for ancient and modern indigenous peoples of the Sahara and tropical Africa. In general, the inhabitants of Upper Egypt and Nubia had the greatest biological affinity to people of the Sahara and more southerly areas." (Nancy C. Lovell, " Egyptians, physical anthropology of," in Encyclopedia of the Archaeology of Ancient Egypt, ed. Kathryn A. Bard and Steven Blake Shubert, ( London and New York Routledge, 1999) pp 328-332)

-
^^^^^^
Egypt 19th Dynasty..

-

-

-

"The living peoples of the African continent are diverse in facial characteristics, stature, skin color, hair form, genetics, and other characteristics. No one set of characteristics is more African than another. Variability is also found in "sub-Saharan" Africa, to which the word "Africa" is sometimes erroneously restricted. There is a problem with definitions. Sometimes Africa is defined using cultural factors, like language, that exclude developments that clearly arose in Africa. For example, sometimes even the Horn of Africa (Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea) is excluded because of geography and language and the fact that some of its peoples have narrow noses and faces.

However, the Horn is at the same latitude as Nigeria, and its languages are African. The latitude of 15 degree passes through Timbuktu, surely in "sub-Saharan Africa," as well as Khartoum in Sudan; both are north of the Horn. Another false idea is that supra-Saharan and Saharan Africa were peopled after the emergence of "Europeans" or Near Easterners by populations coming from outside Africa. Hence, the ancient Egyptians in some writings have been de-Africanized. These ideas, which limit the definition of Africa and Africans, are rooted in racism and earlier, erroneous "scientific" approaches." (S. Keita, "The Diversity of Indigenous Africans," in Egypt in Africa, Theodore Clenko, Editor (1996), pp. 104-105. [10])

-

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

did this type of very strait flat hair indigenous to Africa? It might be I don't really know

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superman
Member # 16230

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“And the Heiress, Great in the Palace, Fair of Face,
Adorned with the Double Plumes, Mistress of Happiness,
Endowed with Favours, at hearing whose voice the King rejoices,
the Chief Wife of the King, his beloved, the Lady of the Two Lands,
Neferneferuaten-Nefertiti, May she live for Ever and Always.”

Source: Boundary stelae of Akhenaten

(Studies in Egyptology 1993)

Why was Nefertiti fair skinned and not black skinned?

If Ancient Egypt was black why are they not painted black like Nubians  - [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 175 | From: Who knows? | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folks for the love of whatever deity you worship please do not let dirty perky turn this into yet another black-skinned/lite skinned nose hair thread. resist the temptation to answer him please.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Folks for the love of whatever deity you worship please do not let dirty perky turn this into yet another black-skinned/lite skinned nose hair thread. resist the temptation to answer him please.

Thanks brada, Ill ask all posters who are not trolls not to engage the Troll in this thread.

@ Lioness-Read my quote by Keita on African Features for some clarity.

Be back soon for more..

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
"Be not proud because thou art learned; but discourse with the ig¬norant man as with the sage. For no limit can be set to skill, neitheris there any craftsman that possesseth full advantages.

Fair speech is more rare than the emerald that is found by slave-maidens among the pebbles. . . . Live, therefore, in the house of kindliness, and men shall come and give gifts of themselves. . . . Beware of making enmity by thy words. . . .

Overstep not the truth, neither repeat that which any man, be he prince or peasant, saith in opening the heart; it is abhorrent to the soul. . . .

If thou wouldst be a wise man, beget a son for the pleasing of the god. If he make straight his course after thine example, if he ar¬range thine affairs in due order, do all unto him that is good. ...

If he be heedless and trespass thy rules of conduct, and is vio¬lent; if every speech that cometh from his mouth is a vile word; then beat thou him, that his talk may be fitting. . . . Precious to a man is the virtue of his son, and good character is a thing remem¬bered. . . .

Wheresover thou goest, beware of consorting with women. . . . If thou wouldst be wise, provide for thine house, and love thy wife that is in thine arms. . . . Silence is more profitable to thee than abundance of speech. Consider how thou mayest be opposed by an expert that speaketh in council. It is a foolish thing to speak on every kind of work. . . .

If thou be powerful make thyself to be honored for knowledge and for gentleness. . . . Beware of interruption, and of answering words with heat; put it from thee; control thyself."
-Ptah-hotep

-

-

-

-

My words shall instruct a man how he shall speak; . . . yea, he shall become as one skilful in obeying, excellent in speaking. Good fortune shall befall him; ... he shall be gracious until the end of his life; he shall be contented always."

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dirtyjerkoff:

“And the Heiress, Great in the Palace, Fair of Face, Adorned with the Double Plumes, Mistress of Happiness, Endowed with Favours, at hearing whose voice the King rejoices, the Chief Wife of the King, his beloved, the Lady of the Two Lands,

LOL Apparently it hasn't occurred to you that the word 'fair' as used in the poem simply meant *beautiful* and NOT the second definition which means light or white in complexion! As the original word in the poem 'nefer' meant beautiful.

quote:
If Ancient Egypt was black why are they not painted black like Nubians  - [Roll Eyes]
They are, as we've shown plenty of pictures of this. By the way, Maiherpri above is Egyptian as he was buried in the Egyptian Valley of the Kings and there is no evidence to suggest he was Nubian only conjecture based on nothing but his dark complexion.
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ you had to be the lone jackass that took the bait, didnt ya?! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deleted
Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superman
Member # 16230

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:
Originally posted by Dirtyjerkoff:

“And the Heiress, Great in the Palace, Fair of Face, Adorned with the Double Plumes, Mistress of Happiness, Endowed with Favours, at hearing whose voice the King rejoices, the Chief Wife of the King, his beloved, the Lady of the Two Lands,

LOL Apparently it hasn't occurred to you that the word 'fair' as used in the poem simply meant *beautiful* and NOT the second definition which means light or white in complexion! As the original word in the poem 'nefer' meant beautiful.

quote:
They are, as we've shown plenty of pictures of this. By the way, Maiherpri above is Egyptian as he was buried in the Egyptian Valley of the Kings and there is no evidence to suggest he was Nubian only conjecture based on nothing but his dark complexion.

You didn't prove anything, neither did you provide a link or reference. Prove "Fair" of face simply meant beautiful and does not refer to her light skin complexion. Remember i am not asking you to prove what "Nefer" means, i am asking you to reply to the egyptian phrase FAIR OF FACE and prove it has nothing to do with her skin complexion.
Posts: 175 | From: Who knows? | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

"Certainly there was some foreign admixture [in Egypt], but basically a homogeneous African population had lived in the Nile Valley from ancient to modern times... [the] Badarian people, who developed the earliest Predynastic Egyptian culture, already exhibited the mix of North African and Sub-Saharan physical traits that have typified Egyptians ever since (Hassan 1985; Yurco 1989; Trigger 1978; Keita 1990.. et al.,)... The peoples of Egypt, the Sudan, and much of East African Ethiopia and Somalia are now generally regarded as a Nilotic continuity, with widely ranging physical features (complexions light to dark, various hair and craniofacial types) but with powerful common cultural traits, including cattle pastoralist traditions. (Trigger 1978; Bard, Snowden, this volume).(F. Yurco "An Egyptological Review," 1996)[11]

-

-

-

-
“And Moses was instructed in all the wisdom of the Egyptians” Acts7. 22

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -
^^^^
Egyptian Architect...

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Moreover the naming of almost all the gods has come to Hellas from Egypt: for that it has come from the Barbarians I find by inquiry is true, and I am of opinion that most probably it has come from Egypt, because, except in the case of Poseidon and the Dioscuroi (in accordance with that which I have said before), and also of Hera and Hestia and Themis and the Charites and Nereïds, the Egyptians have had the names of all the other gods in their country for all time.-Herodotus

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dorkyjerkoff:

You didn't prove anything, neither did you provide a link or reference. Prove "Fair" of face simply meant beautiful and does not refer to her light skin complexion. Remember i am not asking you to prove what "Nefer" means, i am asking you to reply to the egyptian phrase FAIR OF FACE and prove it has nothing to do with her skin complexion.

LOL I don't have to prove anything since it was YOU who made the claim that "fair" in the poem mean light skinned. By the way, that poem was posted here years ago in the original Mdu-neter showing that the word was nefer and thus 'beautiful'. So the burden of proof is on you, and of course the black African identity of the Egyptians was proven to you countless times including this this very thread but of course your psychosis makes you blind to the truth right in front of you. [Wink]
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

".. all their features can be found in several living populations of East Africa, like the Tutsi of Rwanda and Burundi, who are very dark skinned and differ greatly from Europeans in a number of body proportions.. There is every reason to believe that they are ancestral to the living 'Elongated East Africans'. Neither of these populations, fossil and modern, should be considered to be closely related to the populations of Europe and western Asia..."

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Horus, Mighty Bull, beloved of Maat; King of the South and the North, Akheperkara, emanation of Amen. He made [them] as his monument to his father, Amen-Ra, Governor of the Two Lands. He set up to him two great obelisks at the two-fold doorway of the house of the god. The pyramidion caps were made of tcham metal

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

His majesty made a great slaughter among them...

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Egyptian race according to the 'classical' authors of antiquity

Herodotus: "it is in fact manifest that the Colchians are Egyptian by race ... several Egyptians told me that in their opinion the Colchians were descended from soldiers of Sesostris. I had conjectured as much myself from two pointers, firstly because they have black skins and kinky hair (to tell the truth this proves nothing for other peoples have them too) and secondly, and more reliably for the reason that alone among mankind the Egyptians and the Ethiopians have practiced circumcision since time immemorial..."

Aristotle: "Those who are too black are cowards, like for instance, the Egyptians and Ethiopians. But those who are excessively white are also cowards as we can see from the example of women, the complexion of courage is between the two."

Lucian: introducing two Greek writers...

Lycinus (describing a young Egyptian): 'This boy is not merely black; he has thick lips and his legs are too thin. . . his hair worn in a plait behind shows that he is not a freeman.'

Timolaus: 'But that is a sign of really distinguished birth in Egypt, Lycinus. All freeborn children plait their hair until they reach manhood. It is the exact opposite of the custom of our ancestors who thought it seemly for old men to secure their hair with a gold brooch to keep it in place.

Apollodorus: "Aegyptos conquered the country of the blackfooted ones and called it Egypt after himself"

Aeschylus: In The Suppliants, Danaos, fleeing with his daughters, the Danaids, and pursued by his brother Aegyptos with his sons, the Aegyptiads, who seek to wed their cousins by force, climbs a hillock, looks out to sea and describes the Aegyptiads at the oars afar off in these terms: 'I can see the crew with their black limbs and white tunics[i]' and '[i]In ships, stout-timbered and dark-prowed, they have sailed here, attended by a mighty black host, and in their wrath overtaken us'

Diodorus Siculus: "The Ethiopians say that the Egyptians `are one of their colonies,35 which was led into Egypt by Osiris. They claim that at the beginning of the world Egypt was simply a sea but that the Nile, carrying down vast quantities of loam from Ethiopia in its flood waters, finally filled it in and made it part of the continent."

Ammianus Marcellinus: "the men of Egypt are mostly brown and black with a skinny and desiccated look."

The Egyptian race according to the Judeo-Christian authors of antiquity

Rabbi Yuda ben Simon in a Midrashic text: Abraham says to his wife Sarah, "Now we are about to enter a place (Egypt) of ugly and black people"

In a Midrash: "The black people will come out of Egypt, Kush will stretch its hands to God"

Church Father Theodore of Mopsuestia says above the Shulamite bride in the 'Song of Songs': "She was black like all the Egyptians and Ethiopians."

Church Father Origen Adamantius says of the Egyptians: "They are the discolored (black) posterity of Ham"

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
"the men of Egypt are mostly brown and black with a skinny and desiccated look."-
Ammianus Marcellinus

-

-

-

-

"Now while the southern peoples are of acute intelligence and infinite resource, they give way when courage is demanded because their strength is drained away by the sun; but those who are born in colder regions by their fearless courage are better equipped for the clash of arms, yet by their slowness of mind they rush on without reflection, and through lack of tactics are balked of their purpose"-Vitruvius Polio

-

-

-

A 2005 study by Afrocentric critic C. Loring Brace groups ancient Egyptian populations like the Naqada closer to Nubians and Somalis than European, Mediterranean or Middle Eastern populations. Brace also shows that where Europeans appear to link with Africans its OLDER Europeans that do so- Mesolithics, Neolithics etc. These looked like Africans because they derived from the Out Of Africa Migration(s) and thus retained some tropical characteristics before becoming tropically adapted over time. In fact, ancient Europeans are MORE SIMILAR to North Africans than to modern Europeans per Brace. The comparison is with dark-skinned people looking like Africans, who were living in old Europe, to dark-skinned Africans in Africa itself. (Brace, et al. The questionable contribution of the Neolithic and the Bronze Age to European craniofacial form, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006 January 3; 103(1): p. 242-247. (doi: 10.1073/pnas.0509801102)
Craniometric studies also place ancient Upper Egyptian populations closer to populations in tropical Africa (the nearby Sudan) than to Mediterraneans, or Middle Easterners. (S.O.Y Keita, "Studies of Ancient Crania From Northern Africa," American Journal of Physical Anthropology, 83:35-48 (1990)

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just call me Jari

Man Jari I just have to give you credit for your pics some of them I have NEVER seen before.

Keep it coming.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeri I like this thread this is ESR material stick to the cultural stuff don't get drag into this color of gyptuns thing..what you are doing is much devastating than any race bait thread.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neferet
Member # 17109

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neferet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful thread, and photos I've never seen before now!

Thank you [Wink]

Posts: 369 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Egyptian race according to the Judeo-Christian authors of antiquity

Rabbi Yuda ben Simon in a Midrashic text: Abraham says to his wife Sarah, "Now we are about to enter a place (Egypt) of ugly and black people"

In a Midrash: "The black people will come out of Egypt, Kush will stretch its hands to God"

Church Father Theodore of Mopsuestia says above the Shulamite bride in the 'Song of Songs': "She was black like all the Egyptians and Ethiopians."

Church Father Origen Adamantius says of the Egyptians: "They are the discolored (black) posterity of Ham"

I especially like these. If the Egyptians were really olive-skinned "Middle Easterners" like some want to believe, then why do we have olive-skinned Southwest Asians like the Hebrews describing them as black? Even if we are to interpret "black" to mean only relatively dark-skinned, it still says a lot that a people who were themselves quite dark by European standards were describing the Egyptians as being darker than themselves.
Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the same time, the quotes from the Judeo-Christian authors also challenge the Afrocentrist belief that the ancient Hebrews were black. If Abraham and his compatriots were really black, why would they make note of the Egyptians' skin color and call them "ugly"?

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC asks why.

Hham: black like the raven
Shem: black and beautiful

Abraham's midrashic (not biblical "quote"):
Black and ugly Egyptians vs Black and beautiful Hebrews
-- though Sarah (light as the Moon goddess) was not black -- .

By the time of the Tannaim already `Am Yisrael had
many Yaphetic converts/nationalized members per Dio
Cassius, Roman History 37:17:1 "other men, who,
although of a different race, have adopted the
laws of the people."

Now this has been posted many times before and now
just like then you will selectively forget, no, you
will outright reject it.

OK, back to NV Civ:KM.t the proper subject of Jari's thread.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was Sarah Black?

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great thread!
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

Do you mind at all expanding on this?
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Thou art the substance of {which were made} the two lands (i.e., Egypt), thou art Tem, the divine food of the doubles, thou art the chief of the company of the gods, thou art the operative and beneficent Spirit among the spirits, thou drawest thy waters from the abyss of heaven, thou bringeth along the north wind at eventide and air for thy nostrils to the satisfaction of thy heart. 5. Thy heart germinateth, thou producest the light for divine food, the height of heaven and the starry gods obey thee, thou openest the great pylons {of heaven}, and thou art he unto whom praises are sung in the southern heaven, and to whom adorations are performed in the northern heaven.-Hymn to Osiris

-

-

-

-

-

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

Thoth is most often depicted as wearing an ibis mask, with the head of an ibis, a large bird of the Nile. Egyptians associated the ibis's long curved beak with the moon. The ibis was regarded as one of Thoth's Earthly representatives. In Egyptian mythology, Thoth was the god of the moon, god of wisdom, the measurer of time, and the inventor of writing and numbers. He is credited with devising the standard 365-day year.

Thoth was depicted with a symbol combining the Sun's disk and the Moon's crescent upon his head, and - in words reminiscent of the biblical adoration of the Celestial Lord - the Egyptian inscriptions and legends said of Thoth that his knowledge and powers of calculating 'measured out the heavens and planned the Earth'.

-

.. by command of this thy son, who is upon thy throne, lord of gods and men, sovereign celebrating the jubilees like thee [when thou] bearest the two sistrums .....

-

-

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
...... the Great King's Wife, his beloved, abounding in her beauty; her who sends the Aton to rest with sweet voice, and with her two beautiful hands, bearing two sistrums, the mistress of the Two Lands, Nefernefruaton-Nofretete, living forever and ever.

-

-

. that they may give a mortuary offering of bread, beer, oxen and geese, incense, clothing and everything good and pure to the spirit of Osiris the priest, the <ymy> - yz, the hzk-priest, Pehet, deceased, called Nesihor ..... offspring of the housemistress, the musician of Min, Tesheremehit, deceased.
From the stela of Pehet. Akhmim. Ptolemaic Period
Thomas George Allen: Egyptian Stelae in Field Museum of Natural History, 1936

-

-

-

... that he may give a mortuary offering and offerings of food and beer to Osiris the songstress of the temple of Amon, Inaros, deceased, the possessor of worthiness [in the presence of] the great god, the lord of the sky; daughter of Harkheb, deceased .... Her mother was the songstress of Amon and Horus, Tesherenetyah, deceased ....
From the stela of Inaros. Roman Period
Thomas George Allen: Egyptian Stelae in Field Museum of Natural History, 1936 [/i]

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

The singer Tjeniaa says:
How firm you are in your seat of eternity,
Your monument of everlastingness!
It is filled with offerings of food,
It contains every good thing.
Your ka is with you,
It does not leave you,
O Royal Seal-bearer, Great Steward, Nebankh!
Yours is the sweet breath of the north wind!
So says his singer who keeps his name alive,
The honorable singer Tjeniaa, whom he loved,
Who sings to his ka every day.
Stela of Nebankh from Abydos

M. Lichtheim Ancient Egyptian Literature, Volume 1, p. 194

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lyingass:
 -

Again, this from the liar who keeps posting the same 3 or 4 pictures of portraits that are either unpainted or the paint is faded.

Yet this thread is brimming with so many portraits showing the ancient Egyptians as they truly were BLACK. We know that bothers you and Dorky but too bad.

Keep it up Jari. Your postings keeps the haters squirming. [Wink]

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The chief and his wife, quoted on Hatshepsut's mortuary temple, say:

How have you arrived at this land unknown to the men of Egypt? Have you come down from the roads of the Heavens? Or have you navigated the sea of Ta-nuter? You must have followed the path of the sun. As for the King of Egypt, there is no road which is inaccessible to His Majesty; we live by the breath he grants to us.
 -
 -
 -
http://www.lessing-photo.com/dispimg.asp?cr=5&i=08010412+&d=3&p=1&a=d&hr=0
Source of pics^ 24 other great pics.

Neferet
Member # 17109

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Neferet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep them coming!

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! [Wink]

Posts: 369 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

A man's ruin lies in his tongue. -Egyptian Proverb

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
It is with the words that He penetrates into his dwelling; He issues forth at his pleasure through the magic spells. Your unkindness brings destruction to the fish; it is then that prayer is made for the (annual) water of the season; Southern Egypt is seen in the same state as the North. Each one is with his instruments of labor. None remains behind his companions. None clothes himself with garments, The children of the noble put aside their ornaments. His night remains silent, but all is changed by the inundation; it is a healing-balm for all mankind.

-

-

-

-

-

-

A beautiful thing is never perfect.-Egyptian Proverb

-

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

1 To worship Re-Harakhte when he rises on the eastern horizon of the sky, by 2 the Osiris, prefect and vizier Paser, true of voice. He says:
Greetings to you 3 god of the horizon at his rising, who is born rejuvenated every day, living ram, who was at the beginning 4 of everything that is, god of the first times, father of gods; you who illuminate the land with rays 5 of your body, divine being in your shape of all-powerful denizen of the sky.
6 May you cause that (I) come and go in the necropolis every day, may you cause that (I) see you when you rise and that I procure your benevolence when you set on the horizon, that (I) may go (again) 7 to the dwellings of the living, my heart being with (me), without it separating itself from me for 8 the whole duration of eternity.
For the ka of the vizier Paser, true of voice.

- Stela of the Vizier Paser

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
 -

Well you are one to talk. Why dont you spam your usual selected pics that you think are "mixed" to even things up a bit? lol
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
the ancient Egyptians as they truly were BLACK.

how about you, what are you color-wise?

just asking

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
@anguish

I guess

--------------------
state of mind

BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:
the ancient Egyptians as they truly were BLACK.

how about you, what are you color-wise?

just asking

He's Filipino, and with the exception of the Negritos, Filipinos are not black.
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
While the high genetic diversity of nearby East African populations impacted the Nile Valley, a more specific 2004 mtDNA study of upper Egyptians from Gurna performed found a genetic ancestral heritage to modern East Africans, characterized by a high M1 haplotype frequency, and another study links Egyptians in general with people from modern Eritrea and Ethiopia

-

-

-

-

-

-

O [///], overlord of the land, extensive of [///], wide boundaries, great of shares from the apportioning. May your hand be over your fowlers! Do not let [/////]! Guard against me surpassing the masses who have not attacked on our behalf.
Setting traps is our business since the time of Horus, (and) Sekhet came into being for us. Perform your actions excellently as you have come to know. Behold, our condition is before you. -Sekhet: goddess of fields and marshlands, protectress of fishermen and fowlers.
The marshland is drained to (become) arable land, there is no leaving there. Its shores are regions under herdsmen of foreign lands. The stillness is under grasslands for bulls. The shelters for those who hide are under the grain of the townsmen. One regards with evil eye what is to be done. One cannot find abundance (?) [////]. The reliable person is in need, the officials (put their hands) on his father's possessions, pleased was one who descended with his seat, his son has abandoned his case in court.
An effective supervisor cultivates the marshland (?) , [?] the clients (?) of his meadow a stranger [///] the supervisors. (As to what) he was ignorant of, it is far from doing the right thing. It is not what the people in the marshes hear. The fowl prostrate themselves before his talons. The loss of courage(?) is under(?) [his (?)] ropes. Be excellent on account of it is under(?) wrongdoing. Performing deeds belongs to the evil person. Snaring with yarns is among them. The pelicans have been dispersed (and) [all the birds (?)]. [/// (?)] the marshland but not in order to bring someone who is not patient. Be happy! You do not allow me to reach [///]. You [///] me in my outings (?).You [///] me after my flooding (?). One has not beaten the back of the fallen enemy. May you tolerate me until the fruition of my case, until you will know the nature of /////. May you protect me [from him who] [robs (?)] my birds. May I become important/heavy/difficult (?) through rising (?). No falcon comes while you have dragged me away. Twist/tie (?) for me [///// hu]t.(?) Throw/abandon [//////]! Behold, I shall be safe and sound [////] because of you. [May you ////// me. Behold, I [//////]....
-The Fowler's Speech

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Will you guys stop commenting on the color let the pics speak for themselves,sometimes silence is especially in this case is best as those images burns deep inside any trolls consciousness.
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
 -  -
Come northward to the court immediately; [...] thou shalt bring this dwarf with thee, which thou bringest living, prosperous and healthy from the land of spirits, for the dances of the god, to rejoice and [gladden] the heart of the king of Upper and Lower Egypt, Neferkare, who lives forever. When he goes down with thee into the vessel, appoint excellent people, who shall be beside him on each side of the vessel; take care lest he fall into the water. When he sleeps at night appoint excellent people, who shall sleep beside him in his tent, inspect ten times a night. My majesty desires to see this dwarf more than the gifts of Sinai and of Punt. If thou arrivest at court this dwarf being with thee alive, prosperous and healthy, my majesty will do for thee a greater thing than that which was done for the treasurer of the god Burded in the time of Isesi, according to the heart's desire of my majesty to see the dwarf.
Also of interest check out the video lecture by the Met museum on the Batwa and how the similrities between how the ancient kingdoms of the Greatlakes viewed them and Kemet
http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=pav&action=display&thread=419

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Come, fare north at once, do not be timid. See he (Kamose) is here with me ... I will not let him go until you have arrived. Then we will divide the towns of this Egypt between us."
Salistis King of the Hyksos to the King of Kush
 -
 -
It was during the reign of Seqenenre, the 14th king of this Theban Dynasty, that a delegation came from the Hyksos king Apophis to complain about a canal which the former was digging. He said, “Cause to be abandoned the hippopotamus canal, that lieth in the well-spring of the city, for it suffereth not sleep to come to me either by day or by night; its noise is in mine ear.

Seqenenre showed due respect to the ambassadors from the north. “The prince of the southern city lamented and wept a long time, and it befell him that he could not answer the messenger of King Apophis (finally he promised). All that thou sayest to me I will do.”3

There is no inscription saying what happened next, but once the ambassadors had departed we can just imagine the indignation at the royal court. It was obviously a trumped-up charge. The very idea of hippopotami keeping the Hyksos king, who was about 497 miles (800 km) away, awake at night was absurd. Seqenenre may have said to his courtiers, “Enough is enough. I’m going to drive these fellows out of the land.”
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/utp/egypt-liberated
the translaton in my book is much better but this will do for now..
Before someone yells at me I know the above is not Hyksos just that i could not find images of Kemitians battling Hyksos so this is just a stand in..

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Jeri I like this thread this is ESR material stick to the cultural stuff don't get drag into this color of gyptuns thing..what you are doing is much devastating than any race bait thread.

I agree, this thread needs to be archived, the relevant points of it, on ESR.
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian noblewomen

-

-

Egyptian craftsmen

-

BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

Actually, the word used to describe Shem in that source, "shehorim", doesn't always mean "black". Olive-skinned complexions can be classified as "shehorim" as well.

Source

And here's another ancient description of Shem, this one dating from almost the same period as Pirqei R. Eliezer passage which you quote:

quote:
Born to Noah were Shem, whose descendants were tawny-white; Ham, whose descendants were black with hardly any whiteness; and Japheth, whose descendants were reddish-white.
Ancient Hebrews were not black. Give it up.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com