EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » wow...Is this why mah Niggas hate on "sandniggas"? lol! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: wow...Is this why mah Niggas hate on "sandniggas"? lol!
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shame, shame, shame. Coming to one of the 50 states near you. God and Afrocentrics only know what the poor indigenous and other dark-skinned Egyptians, Yemeni and Iraqis are facing in their own countries.

I found the below on a blog.

http://www.menassat.com/?q=en/news-articles/4991-too-arab-some-americans-too-black-some-arabs

" Too Arab for some Americans, too black for some Arabs

Posted October 27th, 2008

> Add to digg

> Add to del.icio.us

> Add to Furl

> Add to Facebook

The Democratic presidential nominee, Barack Obama, has come under frequent attack in the US because his middle name is Hussein. But in the Middle East itself, it is Obama's blackness that is frowned upon. By MAHMOUD SALEM

The New Yorker's controversial cover, which played on some Americans' prejudices against Barack Obama. The Arab world too has its share of prejudices. R.R.

CAIRO, October 27, 2008 (MENASSAT) – It was one of the more memorable moments of the US presidential campaign. At a campaign rally for Republican nominee John McCain, a woman supporter voiced her mistrust of Democratic nominee Barack Obama by saying, "He's an Arab."

McCain, shaking his head in disapproval, said, "No, ma'am. He is a decent family man that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues and that's what this campaign is all about."

McCain's well-meaning comment led to much humorous speculation on the late night talk shows about the possibility of a person being of Arab descent yet still somehow loving his family.

Ironically, if John McCain had been addressing an audience in the Middle East, the comment might well have been, "He's black."

'Better them than us'

While in America it is considered uncouth to mention the "race" factor in the elections, there are some in the Middle East who have no qualms about opposing Barack Obama's candidature simply because he is black.

In that camp falls Ahmed Roshdy, an Egyptian businessman in his fifties, who seems to harbor the view that Barack Obama is unqualified to be the President of the United States solely because of the color of his skin.

"I just don’t see how he will be able to be president of America. The Americans would never vote for a black guy, especially not in the middle of the mess they are in right now. He would ruin everything", says Roshdy, while reclining in his seat at the exclusive Heliopolis Sporting Club in Cairo.

He concedes, however, that he would ultimately prefer an Obama presidency to a McCain one, if for no other reason than that he would rather see the US continue to "sink in chaos" than to have any more turmoil in the Middle East, which he believes a McCain Presidency would bring. "Better them than us," he chuckles.

While this level of racism may come as a shock to the average American voter, for people living in the Middle East it comes as no surprise.

Racism against black people has been alive and well in Arab countries for a long time, with Saudi Arabia ending its own private brand of slavery only at the beginning of the sixties and Mauritania still maintaining a very active slave trade until this day. Even in countries in which the practice of slavery never existed, the view of blacks as inferior has been prevalent for many years, and carries its own brand of prejudice culturally and politically.

Black = slave

In old Egyptian movies, the servants of the house were all black, either Sudanese or Nubian. The Egyptian government still carries out discriminatory policies towards Egypt's Nubian population, and the idea of having a suitor for one's daughter who happens to be dark skinned is grounds enough for the parents to disapprove of the marriage in many Arab countries.

One of the highest selling type of cosmetics in Egypt, Sudan and the Gulf today are skin-whitening creams that carry names such as "Fair and Lovely," "Ultra Fair" and "B-White," and whose advertisements send the message that girls will get the job/ men/look of their dreams if only they were whiter.

"Most westerners do not have an idea of how racist a place the Middle East can be," said Anthony Badran, a Lebanese Fellow for the DC-based Foundation for the Defense of Democracies. "They are completely unaware, for example, that in many Arab countries, the word still used to refer to a black person is 'abed' or 'slave.'"

While he believes that such a view is reprehensible, he acknowledges that it is shared by many people, and that the world-wide goodwill that the average American Obama supporter hopes an Obama presidency would bring, might not translate very well in Arab countries, or even with Arab leaders.

Many people expressed amusement at the notion of the first time either the Egyptian president Mubarak, or the Saudi King Fahd, who are both in their eighties, would have to meet with Barack Obama – an African-American half their age – as the president of the most powerful country in the world.

Ahmed Gamal, an Egyptian political analyst, holds a different view. Although he admits that some Arabs may harbor racist views, he says it ultimately doesn't matter because they would welcome an Obama presidency if for no other reason than the change it promises to bring, whether to the US or the region. "After eight years of Bush, any change at all is welcome," he said.

This view is also shared by Zaghloul Rabee', a newspaper salesman in the luxurious Cairo neighborhood of Mohandeseen. "His skin color doesn't matter to me. My skin tone is tanned, and so are the majority of Egyptians, with many being very dark-skinned. We were never really white people....

Mahmoud Salem blogs at sandmonkey.org. He was one of a group of Arab bloggers who traveled to the US in September to cover the elections campaign as part of a project by the Kamal Adham Center for Journalism Training and Research at the American University in Cairo. Salem is leaving for the US again on Thursday and will be covering the elections for Menassat..."

Don't shoot the messenger. [Frown]

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are NOT Arabs!

They are Turks.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This doesn't surprise me, for I've known about the problem many lighter-skinned Egyptians have with black people for years now.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are NOT Egyptians!

They are Turks.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correction: The woman in the McCain audience did not say "Arab"--I think she said "Muslim".

On the other hand I read that some Egyptians were pleased that BO was running for POTUS--because as they put it: "He looks like us".

Of course, those who expressed racial views were most likely descendants of the the Greek, Persian, Turkish, French, Italian{Roman times) settlers who took over Egypt after they engaged in their peculiar brand of "home invasions"--with intent to murder, rape, pillage and rob.

Normally that's a life sentence without parole with a liberal judge or being juiced with hot electrons under normal circumstances.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chosen1
Member # 18528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chosen1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing new here --A cultural tradition spanning back to the AEian era.
Posts: 270 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL....and yall put these people on a pedal stool...
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sand Niggas be damned. Whatever happened to Camel Jockeys?
The way Yemenis treat Black Americans in their Detroit "suq"s
is reason enough for the one and only bona fide niggas to hate
on them. Call 'em sandthis, call 'em sandthat, but niggas, no way.
The Mauritanian Beydane (link) claim to be Yemeni, they despise "niggas."

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^
LMAO, and YET yall Put these people on a pedalstool. Trying to glorify their Non Existant, Plagerized, Savage Desert Renegade Culture that only became signifigant in around the 7th and 8th Century..LOL.

Ah-Salaam-Alaykum...

Peace Be Upon our Arab Brothers

and their "Black Man's" Religion...

Islam...

Ah-Salaam-Alaykum...

Arab Slavery was Peacful...

Ah-Salaam-Alaykum...

The Moors brought Light to Europe...

Ah-Salaam-Alakukum...

The Arabs were/are Blacks...

The funny Part is Arabs Destroyed Egypt, Makuria, Dongolia, Aswan, and Axum, and Niggas just now figuring out Arabs don't like yall...LOL...

Niggas are stupid...

No wonder Africa is in the shape its in...

Da Black Mans Religion, The "Asiatic Black Man"....

A-Salaam-Alakum!!!

LOL...

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'all who?
Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just call me Jari:

Nobody puts descendants of Byzantines, Turks, Albanians, Iranians, Circassians, Mameluke Turkoman, Syrians, Armenians, Lebanese and Kurds in Egypt and the rest of North Africa, Arabia and Yemen on a "pedalstool" - Jari. That is your overactive Spaniard ancestors speaking thru you and still fighting against "the Moors".

Snap out of it! [Eek!]

And always remember...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPbZEpcCkjA

[Wink]

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
quote:

Nobody puts descendants of Byzantines, Turks, Albanians, Iranians, Circassians, Mameluke Turkoman, Syrians, Armenians, Lebanese and Kurds in Egypt and the rest of North Africa, Arabia and Yemen on a "pedalstool" - Jari. That is your overactive Spaniard ancestors speaking thru you and still fighting against "the Moors".

Snap out of it! [Eek!]

And always remember...

[Wink]

LOL, Please don't make me laugh...

I guess you forgot, in your Arab Apologia that it was from the Byzantine Libraries that your precious Arabs translated their early works...and yeah they were Illiterate so the Translations were done mainly by Jews, Egyptians, and Greeks.

Guess you forgot in your Arab-Apologia the influence they Byzantines Style of Architecture had on the Nigga-Moors.

Guess you forgot that Majority of things associated with Arabs and the Moors came from other civilizations.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
quote:

Snap out of it! [Eek!]

And always remember...

[Wink]

LOL, Please don't make me laugh...

I guess you forgot, in your Arab Apologia that it was from the Byzantine Libraries that your precious Arabs translated their early works...and yeah they were Illiterate so the Translations were done mainly by Jews, Egyptians, and Greeks.

Guess you forgot in your Arab-Apologia the influence they Byzantines Style of Architecture had on the Nigga-Moors.

Guess you forgot that Majority of things associated with Arabs and the Moors came from other civilizations.

Byzantine architecture? ARe you talking about the Greco-Roman architecture that came out of copying Nabataean "Nigga-Moor" and 4,000 year older Egyptian ones? Did you know that many the Greek temples could stand in the temple of Karnak in Egypt like minitiare toys, Jari.

Now I know why we use that phrase "you must be trippin" because i know you must have fallen on your head recently or something.

First of all I don't know much about the modern Arabs your talking about Jari who are only Arabs mainly by nationality and had little to do with the Moors, but whatever the Arabs did 700 years ago it was certainly no more than what Iberian SPANIARDS did to the 10s of millions BLACKS coming to Africa.

"Nigga-Moors" as you call them in Arabia gave you your precious Christianity and its earliest books Jari, before they turned MUSLIM. Look at what the Jewish Encyclopedia's say about the earliest Christians who they say were "the Minaean" fisherman or Me'unim. (Too bad they didn't know what the Minaeans looked like when they wrote that.)

So keep laughing or trippin' or whatever your doing. [Big Grin]

IamNomad
Member # 17656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IamNomad         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was talking one of my friends who is Yemeni-Somali who recently returned from Yemen about the division of North and south and I was shocked when he dismissed and said the North part of Yemen and current rules are Turkish and I asked to explain his reasons as I was not expecting from him nor asked such question.

His answer was simple that everyone knows and they cannot speak upto now proper ARABIC as they cannot pronounce some arabic words after all these centuries and also he mentioned their white skin, culture and food.

These may explains some of the hate towards Blacks from the so called white arabs(Turkish)towards Indigenous Arabs and africans.

Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
FINALLY - a member whose mind is not totally conditioned by White Media/Propaganda!

Welcome IamNomad - The fact that you can differentiate between a Turk and an Arab says that you have a functioning BRAIN - What a relief!

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It amazes me how the Arab identity could be so completely usurped that the even the original indigenous Arabians are oppressed and discriminated!

But I find it funny how these same fair-skinned 'Arabs' who look down on blacks as "abid" when they come to the West are called "sand-niggers".

Though with many, you can easily see why.

-

The prominent 'Arab' leader above has the looks of black ancestry if not a black man with albinism as Mike would say.

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Byzantine architecture? ARe you talking about the Greco-Roman architecture that came out of copying Nabataean "Nigga-Moor" and 4,000 year older Egyptian ones? Did you know that many the Greek temples could stand in the temple of Karnak in Egypt like minitiare toys, Jari.

What are you talking about, Im speaking specifically of Byzantine derived styles and art and its influence on early key Muslim structures like the Dome of the Rock, and the Ummayad Mosque...etc.

"Nigga-Moors" as you call them in Arabia gave you your precious Christianity and its earliest books Jari, before they turned MUSLIM.

This is an ignorant rant...first off Jews in Judea pioneered Xtianity, not some illiterate, savage Arabs that worshipped one god for each day of the year.It was not until that pediphile plagerized and distorted Torah and the Gospels that Monotheism was practiced by the Arab Ishmaelites.

So keep laughing or trippin' or whatever your doing.

Carry on with your Arab Apologia....

Bishop
Member # 16652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bishop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are Turks not Egyptians!!!
Posts: 108 | From: LA | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
It amazes me how the Arab identity could be so completely usurped that the even the original indigenous Arabians are oppressed and discriminated!

But I find it funny how these same fair-skinned 'Arabs' who look down on blacks as "abid" when they come to the West are called "sand-niggers".

Though with many, you can easily see why.

-

The prominent 'Arab' leader above has the looks of black ancestry if not a black man with albinism as Mike would say.

No Djehuti, what is truly amazing is how some western Blacks, eager for an alternative to what they foolishly accepted was White religion. Without research or knowledge, foolishly accepted Islam. Which like Christianity and Judaism, are merely Black religions re-written by Germanic's (Catholics) and Turks to reflect their own sensibilities. (Jews are Turks too - Khazars).

Few people understand that the concept of Islam as an "Arab" religion is NEW.
For centuries previous, it was the "TURKISH" religion!

But back to foolish Blacks:
Take the great "Cassius Marcellus Clay" who foolishly accepted that he had a "White" name. Hasn't Lion and others proven that contrary to the White mans lies, and his lying histories, those people were Black.

While at the same time, contrary to the Turks bullsh1t, don't we now know that Muhammad Ali was a murderer of Blacks and a destroyer of Black civilizations, Albanian Turk.

See what a little knowledge can do for you?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the black Anatolians created the albino Turk babies. I blame them
Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Each population of Blacks has it's own sins to account for.

At the top of the list are the Arabs, who in their stupidity, brought the Turks in as slave soldiers (Mamluks). Exactly why a dumb Nigger from a small population, would bring in so many slaves that they would quickly outnumber him, and then stupidly seek to control them with his religion, is beyond my comprehension - all I can say for sure is that it was really, really stupid.

Second on the list are the Persians, who in their "Johnny-come-lately" hubris, thought that they could save the world by imposing THEIR rule, and THEIR religion upon it.

All those ass-holes did was to combine all the other Black civilizations into one, so that by conquering Persia, Alexander in effect, conquered the entire advanced Black world.

The Anatolians were so weakened by first the Greeks, then the Persians, then the Greeks again, then the Romans, then the Parthians, then the Romans again, then Persians again, then the Arabs. That in the end, when the Turks came, there was not much fight left in them.

The amazing thing to me, is that they survived as a "Pure-Black" people, even into the 20th century.

-

Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately,

The young Hispanics around me use the N-word constantly. I can't stand it. Yet, many of them have White skin. They call themselves that.

-

-

These two look like the Latinos and African Americans you may run into in Harlem.

Don't Hate Arabs. Hate Islam.

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
THEY ARE NOT ARABS!

THEY ARE TURKS!

Get it right.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Red, White, and Blue +

what happened to love thy neighbor?
Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Please compare the photos below.
Please tell me what similarities you see.

Hint - there are none!

Arab

-

-

Turk calling himself an Arab.

-

Berber

-

-

Turk calling himself a Berber.

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
[QB] [b]^Please compare the photos below.

Hint - there are none!

Arab

-

^^^white European's Orinentalism presented as some sort of proof

-

Top Three Users of the Term "Sand Niggers"

1) White Supremacist groups
2) Military
3) Mike111

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Guess you didn't catch this one.

Top User of the Term "Lying Albino Bitch"

Mike111

-

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
^Each population of Blacks has it's own sins to account for.

At the top of the list are the Arabs, who in their stupidity, brought the Turks in as slave soldiers (Mamluks). Exactly why a dumb Nigger from a small population, would bring in so many slaves that they would quickly outnumber him, and then stupidly seek to control them with his religion, is beyond my comprehension - all I can say for sure is that it was really, really stupid.

Second on the list are the Persians, who in their "Johnny-come-lately" hubris, thought that they could save the world by imposing THEIR rule, and THEIR religion upon it.

All those ass-holes did was to combine all the other Black civilizations into one, so that by conquering Persia, Alexander in effect, conquered the entire advanced Black world.

The Anatolians were so weakened by first the Greeks, then the Persians, then the Greeks again, then the Romans, then the Parthians, then the Romans again, then Persians again, then the Arabs. That in the end, when the Turks came, there was not much fight left in them.

The amazing thing to me, is that they survived as a "Pure-Black" people, even into the 20th century.

-

Mike what says that that man is descended from an early Anatolian?! He could very well have been come up in any later period. For example with the pre-Islamic or else the later invasions of the Arapi (Arab). The word Arap in Turk still means the black man and in fact the phrase Kara Arapi (black Arab) was often used.

He may even be a later Abyssinian soldier. His headdress and dress looks Arabian though. Does your source say what he is?

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:
[QB] [b]^Please compare the photos below.

Hint - there are none!

Arab

-

^^^white European's Orinentalism presented as some sort of proof

-

Does this picture say he is seen as an "Arab"? What country is he from & what is his ethnicity? Your arguments have the same level of irrelevancy.
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
[b]^Please compare the photos below.

Hint - there are none!

Arab

-

-

Turk calling himself an Arab.

-

Berber

[IMG]

Not every fair-skinned person in North Africa and Arabia is derived from Turks. Many west and southern Europeans came in as mercenaries (red-beard was a good example)and of course others as slaves and not all from Turkey, Circassia and the Caucasus.

Merchants from the Syrians and merchant Iranians from Khorasan were common in Mideival times in Libya. Even the Tuareg and Libya are known to have absorbed them. If anything Khadafi looks more like a Syrian mixed African than like a "Turk". Mubarak also looks very Syrian, but of course could be a mixture of anything.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Sand Niggas be damned. Whatever happened to Camel Jockeys?
The way Yemenis treat Black Americans in their Detroit "suq"s
is reason enough for the one and only bona fide niggas to hate
on them. Call 'em sandthis, call 'em sandthat, but niggas, no way.
The Mauritanian Beydane (link) claim to be Yemeni, they despise "niggas."

You are right they feel the same way about blacks in New York, or at least the fair-skinned ones. I don't know why anyone ( in their right mind- that is) would give away the term black people have used for so many years for themselves to such people.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Your question seems hollow, and I wonder as to your motivation.

The current name for Anatolia is Turkey; the photographer obviously considered the man indigenous, and dubbed him by the current name Turk. There is nothing uniquely Arab about his dress, why are you assuming that he is not a native Anatolian? Do you have any evidence or plausible scenario to support this?

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Your question seems hollow, and I wonder as to your motivation.

The current name for Anatolia is Turkey; the photographer obviously considered the man indigenous, and dubbed him by the current name Turk. There is nothing uniquely Arab about his dress, why are you assuming that he is not a native Anatolian? Do you have any evidence or plausible scenario to support this?

You know my motivation just as I know yours, Mike. Many people as you and I know have inhabited Turkey and I didn't say Arab I said Arabian.

I have never assumed anything about him - that is my point!

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^As to the mans dress, it seems quite similar to ancient Anatolian dress.

-

Close-up of king Warpalawas
 -  -

And his facial features seem consistent with the previous. You will note that Saint Gregory was born in the same place as where the man lives.

Saint Gregory Palamas Born 1296, Constantinople (Istanbul)

-

Of course, that is not to say that all Anatolians had the same appearance. Like Black people everywhere, they varied in appearance.

Coins from the Island of Lesbos, circa 500 - 550 B.C.

-

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
BTW dana marniche, When there is no direct evidence, I make logical and learned inferences and judgments - I do not "Assume". I hope that is now clear to you.

Sniff, Sniff.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
^As to the mans dress, it seems quite similar to ancient Anatolian dress.

-

Close-up of king Warpalawas
 -  -

And his facial features seem consistent with the previous. You will note that Saint Gregory was born in the same place as where the man lives.

Saint Gregory Palamas Born 1296, Constantinople (Istanbul)

-

Of course, that is not to say that all Anatolians had the same appearance. Like Black people everywhere, they varied in appearance.

Coins from the Island of Lesbos, circa 500 - 550 B.C.

-

-

THe Urartian looks like a modern day Iraqi. Most Middle Easterners were swarthy and yes some ancient Medes were black.

You've not made a very logical inference, Mike, especially when it is well known that Constantinople was occupied by a variety of populations - particularly Middle Eastern ones throughout history.

And by the way what is the inference or balanced judgement you have made in placing ancient peoples of diverse phenotypes and regions beneath the photo of the black "Turk" of less than 250 years ago.

The Saint could also easily be one from southern France.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
dana marniche - I see you are now the "New" Lioness - is it something that I said?

No matter, I sometimes enjoy inane posts.

Quote: THe Urartian looks like a modern day Iraqi. Most Middle Easterners were swarthy and yes some ancient Medes were black.

Please show me a modern Iraqi who looks like that.
Please show me a Mede who was NOT Black.

Quote: You've not made a very logical inference, Mike, especially when it is well known that Constantinople was occupied by a variety of populations - particularly Middle Eastern ones throughout history.

Lets see now: The circa 1900 guy looks similar to the circa 1200 guy, indicating phenotype stability for at least 700 years. Most people would "LOGICALLY" consider that an indication of long term habitation by a particular people.

Quote: And by the way what is the inference or balanced judgement you have made in placing ancient peoples of diverse phenotypes and regions beneath the photo of the black "Turk" of less than 250 years ago.

Er Lioness, oops, I mean dana marniche

The point was that the were all Anatolians (Turkey). I thought that's what we were talking about - at least it's what I was talking about.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^^^^^

Afrocentrist Arab Apologist infighting...LMAO

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Albino trolling.
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
^^^^^^^

Afrocentrist Arab Apologist infighting...LMAO

Why are there no dark skinned Spanish peoples allowed on the Univision TV Network, Jari? I was just wondering. [Razz]
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^This ought to be good!
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
dana marniche - I see you are now the "New" Lioness - is it something that I said?

No matter, I sometimes enjoy inane posts.

Quote: THe Urartian looks like a modern day Iraqi. Most Middle Easterners were swarthy and yes some ancient Medes were black.

Please show me a modern Iraqi who looks like that.
Please show me a Mede who was NOT Black.

Quote: You've not made a very logical inference, Mike, especially when it is well known that Constantinople was occupied by a variety of populations - particularly Middle Eastern ones throughout history.

Lets see now: The circa 1900 guy looks similar to the circa 1200 guy, indicating phenotype stability for at least 700 years. Most people would "LOGICALLY" consider that an indication of long term habitation by a particular people.

Quote: And by the way what is the inference or balanced judgement you have made in placing ancient peoples of diverse phenotypes and regions beneath the photo of the black "Turk" of less than 250 years ago.

Er Lioness, oops, I mean dana marniche

The point was that the were all Anatolians (Turkey). I thought that's what we were talking about - at least it's what I was talking about.

That is too bad that's what you were talking about Mike. I am talking about and almost am ALWAYS talking about fully black people whether in Anatolia or elsewhere.

As for "some Medes". My bad that was definitely a misstatement, so i don't know why I put "some". Nevertheless what Iraqi doesn' t look like that Urartian statue and in fact most Iraqis to me look like the majority of ancient Assyrians. There were some sculptures that showed notable flared nosed Assyrians which earlier art historians attributed to Negroid ancestry in the Hurrians, but you didn't post them. Haza'il the Aramaean of Syria looks like some sort of Rastaman but you didn't post that. This doesn't mean there wasn't Africoid genes in the ancient Near Eastern Assyrian and Luwian population but most Middle Easterns today look not that different from their northern Mesopotamian ancestors (circa 10th to 7th c.B)C ancestors in my view. Basically Eurasiatics with some black or Negroid admixture probably picked up from the previous Subari/Savara and Amorite populations.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Red, White, and Blue + Christian:
Unfortunately,

The young Hispanics around me use the N-word constantly. I can't stand it. Yet, many of them have White skin. They call themselves that.

-

-

These two look like the Latinos and African Americans you may run into in Harlem.

This is all true. Accept I think people should be able to call themselves what they want to.
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by IamNomad:
I was talking one of my friends who is Yemeni-Somali who recently returned from Yemen about the division of North and south and I was shocked when he dismissed and said the North part of Yemen and current rules are Turkish and I asked to explain his reasons as I was not expecting from him nor asked such question.

His answer was simple that everyone knows and they cannot speak upto now proper ARABIC as they cannot pronounce some arabic words after all these centuries and also he mentioned their white skin, culture and food.

These may explains some of the hate towards Blacks from the so called white arabs(Turkish)towards Indigenous Arabs and africans.

Iam Nomad - you must be very new to this forum. I have been trying to get some other people here to understand that but there is some kind of mental block, similar to that of the Euronuts. Just like everybody also knows that people in the Gulf speak with Iranian accents because of their partial or full Iranian ancestry. I was told this but even Khadafi (an Afrocentrist, even if he is somewhat off) has spoken of the Iranian origins of the ruling people in the Gulf. Some Central Arabians speak both the Persian dialect along with Arabic.

Arabia is a very multiethnic place where many of the purer Arab tribes are now often at the bottom of the society and classified wrongly as recent immigrants, Habesha or slave descendants (akhdam) from Africa. The same thing has happened in Iraq as well as North Africa. Its really ironic. Even southern Yemen has had a good share of immigration from Central Asia and Iran in the further past.

It is why I don't get why some of us blacks here and elsewhere go around speaking of "sandniggas" when in fact most of the bedouin people that live in the sand in Arabia and Africa are still the oppressed darker-skinned populations of Arabs.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Mike, why are you so jealous of Turkish people?

-  -

-

23,000 BC
A cave at Karain, north of Antalya, is inhabited by humans, the oldest known evidence of habitation in Anatolia. People live in the cave until a few centuries ago, making it one of the longest continuously-inhabited spots on earth.

7500 BC
Earliest known human community at Çatal Höyük, 50 km (31 miles) southeast of Konya.

5000 BC
Stone and Copper Age. People have already been living in Anatolia for 20,000 years. Settlement at Hacilar.

2600-1900 BC
Old Bronze Age. The Proto-Hittite Empire flourishes in Central Anatolia and the Southeast.

1900-1300 BC
The Hittite Empire flourishes, battles Egypt. Patriarch Abraham, who has been dwelling in Harran, near Sanliurfa, leaves for Canaan (Israel).

1250 BC
The Trojan War fought between the armies of Troy and Achaea (Greece) for control of trade passing through the Dardanelles strait.

1200-600 BC
The Phrygian kingdom of Mithridates flourishes at Gordion, west of Ankara. Mysians invade. The great period of Hellenic civilisation in Greece and Aegean Anatolia follows. King Midas reigns in splendor, and King Croesus of Lydia invents coinage. The kingdoms of Ionia (Izmir), Lycia (Fethiye), Lydia (Sardis), Caria (Marmaris) and Pamphylia (Side) flourish, as does the Empire of Urartu (Van).

547 BC
Cyrus of Persia invades and conquers most of Anatolia.

334 BC
Alexander the Great of Macedon marches through Anatolia on his way to India.

279 BC
Celts (or Gauls) invade and establish the kingdom of Galatia near Ankara.

250 BC
Rise of the Kingdom of Pergamum (Bergama) as an Anatolian power.

129 BC
Anatolia becomes the Roman Province of Asia ('Asia Minor'), with its capital at Ephesus.

47-57 AD
St Paul travels to the Christian and Jewish communities in Anatolia.

330 AD
Emperor Constantine the Great dedicates Constantinople as the 'New Rome,' which becomes the empire's center of government.

527-565
Reign of Justinian, greatest Byzantine emperor, builder of Hagia Sophia, largest and most splendid church in the world.

570-622
Birth of Muhammed. Revelation of the Kur'an. Muhammed's 'flight' (hijra) from Mecca to Medina.

1037-1109
Turkish Empire of the Great Seljuks in Iran.

1071-1243
Seljuk Sultanate of Rum, an offshoot of the Great Seljuk empire, established in Anatolia with its capital in Konya. Mystic poet and philosopher Jelaleddin Rumi, called Mevlana, takes up residence in Konya, writes his great works, and inspires the founding of the Whirling Dervish Sufi order.

1000s-1200s
Crusader armies cross Anatolia through the lands of the Seljuk Sultan of Rum, with frequent battles.

Foundation of the Ottoman state by a warrier chieftain named Osman, at Sögüt near Bursa.

Conquest of Constantinople (Istanbul) by Sultan Mehmet II 'the Conqueror'.

1520-1566
Reign of Sultan Süleyman the Magnificent, the great age of the Ottoman Empire. The sultan rules most of North Africa, most of Eastern Europe and all of the Middle East. His navies patrol the Mediterranean and Red seas and the Indian Ocean.

Treaty of Karlowitz, the first time in over 400 years that the Ottomans were decisively defeated and forced to sign a peace treaty as the clear losers. The mighty empire was clearly in decline.

1876-1909
Reign of Sultan Abdülhamid II, a ruthless despot who was the last of the powerful sultans. The European empires ask themselves the 'Eastern Question': which European nations will grab Ottoman territory when the sultan's empire collapses?

1914-1918
The Ottoman Empire enters World War I in alliance with Germany. Australian, British, French and New Zealand troops invade Gallipoli which is successfully defended by Ottoman forces led by Mustafa Kemal. Eventual defeat of the Ottomans, loss of most of the empire's territory, and occupation of parts of Anatolia by victorious foreign troops.

1919-1923
Mustafa Kemal (Atatürk) organizes remaining Ottoman military units into an army of resistance, and establishes a government of resistance at Ankara.

Encouraged by Great Britain, Greece invades Anatolia through Izmir and presses eastward, threatening the fledgling government in Ankara.

Defeat and explusion of the invading armies. Abolishment of the last vestiges of the Ottoman Empire and Proclamation of the Turkish Republic by Mustafa Kemal (Atatürk), its founder and first president. Most ethnic Greeks in Turkey, and ethnic Turks in Greece, migrate to the opposite country.

1923-1938
Atatürk's reforms: equal rights for women, secular government, prohibition of the fez and the veil, substitution of the Latin alphabet for the Arabic, Turkification of city names, everyone adopts a surname, etc.

Death of Atatürk, continuation of one-party rule.

1939-1945
Turkey maintains a precarious neutrality during World War II.

1946-1950
Institution of multi-party democracy.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
dana marniche and Lioness, what, is this suppose to be the new female funny - making like total airheads?

From you statements, it is clear that you have no clue as to who Turks or anybody else are, and have made no attempt to find out.

I was going to post a link, but thought better of it. If the two of you insist on continuing with this airheadedness I would prefer to be able to direct you immediately to a thread. This emptyheaded nonsense must stop.

multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LONG TIME SINCE I BEEN HERE. BUT I FIND THIS TOPIC REAL IGNORANT... sorry for the caps, but come on now.. I despise it when a journalist decide to interview a inane person, to represent a major population. Naive people will take that interview as absolute truth. And that's how ignorance manifests. YOU CAN'T TAKE SOME IDIOTS OPINION AND PIN IT TO the masses, that his personal opinion. TODAY'S Egyptians have an array of diverse backgrounds in terms of physical features. We all know today's Egyptians have foreign ancestry, even if you were to ask many modern day Egyptians, they will tell you they have some sort of Armenian, turkish, arab, albanian, etc... decent..However a lot of the light skinned modern day Egyptians, are black, they might be fair skinned but they have African features(hair, facial features...you see the point).

Afro arabs in yemen or saudi, are black because their ancestors came from africa, the modern Egyptian with black features, are black because their ancestors(Egyptians- dark skinned Africans).

I am not in denial racism does not happen in Egypt, but whomever is racist in EGYPT, cannot claim the Egyptian identity. WHY? BECAUSE THE EGYPTIAN IDENTITY IS AND AFRICAN IDENTITY. ITS HISTORY/PEOPLE ARE AFRICAN. SO TO BE A SO CALLED EGYPTIAN AND HATE BLACK/AFRICAN PEOPLE IS AN OXYMORON! It does not matter what some pale skinned turk/syrian says.

Secondly, don't let some ignorant hypocrites stir your emotions about Islam. The Muhammad Ali(ALBANIAN'S) regime is not a representation of Islam. Don't blame the ignorance of man who is not perfect on Islam.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Thanks for reaffirming the truth, Multi. Long time, no see by the way.

And for those of you not familiar with Multisphinx, he is a REAL Egyptian who acknowledges his black identity and African heritage.

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Djehuti! Yes it has been a long time! I am happy to see you are still one here!
Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
multisphinx

Welcome back Multi. It's always good to have the views of an Real Egyptian to learn from.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com