EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » State Dinner hosted by Queen Elizabeth

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: State Dinner hosted by Queen Elizabeth
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the BBC commentators said that Michelle looked like an Egyptian goddess.

Michele looks stunning in that dress...

-

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah more like Queen Tiye
 -

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obama in Ireland visiting his roots..

-

-

-

-

President Kennedy in Ireland

-

-

Pres. Kennedy is my Fav. U.S President.

From the BBC coverage on NPR it seems Obama was well liked in Ireland.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course he was well received his name is O Bama.. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^
LOL, True Mr. O'Bama...

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CNN's John King, right after showing the humongous ravages of tornadoes in Alabama and Missouri, goes onto caption a clip, pointing out Obama was enjoying dinner with the queen. Classic!

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^
You already know the media was gonna do that. At least I was expecting it from Faux News but CNN is just the same....I wonder If Obama even knows what is going on, parts of Oklahoma was declared a disaster area. Alot of people are missing, Im sure Obama will have to adress the nation.

On a side note have they found that Young Boy that just Graduated H.S before being sucked out of the Sun Roof of his car, I hope he is O.K really sad.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From National Public Radio last night, Pres. Obama is the least "Anglophile" of presidents since Roosevelt.....

http://www.theworld.org/2011/05/special-relationship-buckingham-palace-england-us/

He is certainly the least white, but that is another story. Politically he certainly does remind me of a Roosevelt and he certainly does like carrying "the big stick", meaning using force to expand and support Anglo-American interests in the world.

-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BigStick.jpg

In fact, I would say that this trip to Britain certainly shows America's "special" relationship with Britain. I mean he is only the second president to get an official state visit to Britain and he stayed in the palace.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/24/us-britain-obama-statevisit-idUSTRE74N5X720110524

Posts: 8891 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rahotep101
Member # 18764

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rahotep101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obama may be the least white president of the US to come visiting, but he's probably got more British blood in him than most of the British royal family. Obama's mother was a Dunham, which sounds quite British to me.
The real name of the 'Windsor' family is Saxe Coburg und Gotha, which George V changed to 'Windsor' during WWI for PR purposes. Prince Philip's original family name was Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, his mother was a von Battenburg, which all sounds a bit Germanic!

Much as I might admite the first lady in that dress, I can't see anything Egyptian about her. I think the Duchess of Cambride looks more like an Egyptian than Mrs Obama does, and her brother James Middleton definitely could pass for a north African...

-

Posts: 870 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Nah more like Queen Tiye
 -

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rahotep101:
Obama may be the least white president of the US to come visiting, but he's probably got more British blood in him than most of the British royal family. Obama's mother was a Dunham, which sounds quite British to me.

... and his father was in the British army as a cook.
Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by kenndo:
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Nah more like Queen Tiye
 -

-
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
 -
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rahotep101:
Duchess of Cambride ... and her brother James Middleton definitely could pass...

-

Urhhhh not really in his case -- I guess I could see it on the lips a little.

In hers I say good job on how it looks like she could turn her heads and be framed just like that.
From the side in an actual photo not so much tho.. .

-

Also as you must've noticed from Wysinger's post just above, that's a faded Nefertari.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com