EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Do Africans and Afro-Americans think (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Do Africans and Afro-Americans think
BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for BlackTiger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im "white"? hmmmm

http://s3.postimage.org/wz56vfwc3/IMG_0026.jpg

edit: one more picture

http://s2.postimage.org/ofswxf7o7/003.jpg

Posts: 109 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah Donno do you think you are white?
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackTiger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think im not
Posts: 109 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK then ur not.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackTiger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah but im interested to hear if blacks when they see me on the street would treat me like a "white boy"...if they would say "oh look its a white boy"..or would call me a "cracka" or smth
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope you would prob. be seen as hispanic or "Mexican"(as they are known down here) but you dont look "white" IMO
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
ok. thanks bro. i guess thats slightly "better" than white
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are you anyway??
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
If they knew nothing about you and you don't carry a Spanish accent or last name well yeah! they for the most part won't think you anything but white unless you claim other wise, and most continental Africans would say white no matter what you claim,with AAs is more how you self ID.
BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
Im a Gypsy but yeah it doesnt matter what i am, it matters what perception people will have of me.
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^
I can only speak on Blacks from around my area where there is a large Hispanic population. He looks like many Hispanics down here, So most blacks would call him Mexican.

Africans from the continent of course would see it differently.

BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
I ask because i got banned from a blacknationalist site, i did nothing though. I suspect it might be because they thought im white. Because others who got registered and were judged to be white were also banned.
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
BlackTiger
Im a Gypsy but yeah it doesnt matter what i am, it matters what perception people will have of me.

No it matters what you perceive yourself to be only you know of your personal history and back ground..others shoulden't matter much.

BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
Brada-Anansi
Yeah you are right, i know but im interested in "what perception" they would have of me. I worded it maybe wrong. [Smile]

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Why did you join a B.N site? Do you consider yourself black?? Anyway They prob. ban whites because most whites would troll the site.
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Well being black and being non white two different things. And anyways if they banned you at a glance then they could banned a lot of self ID blacks with African dna also like Adam Clayton Powell and others even W.E.B Dubois
 -

BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
No i dont consider myself black, i just wanted to post there to make a connection gypsies-blacks and see what they think of gypsies. They banned me alongside a white guy who also did nothing except asking what they think of whites.
BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
Any others got a opinion?
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adam Clayton Powell and W.E.B Dubois were Mulattoes who self-identified as Black.

In the case of Adam Clayton Powell, it was purely political in nature, as his children and grand children, are for all intents and purposes White.

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zioncity
Member # 18034

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zioncity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm black from the US and at first glance I would consider you white. More like Italian or "Jew" white but still white. Only you know your own personal ancestry though.
Posts: 43 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Astonishing. You've lived how long and don't
know how blacks treat you? I don't think so.
If the pictured person socializes at all they
know it.

quote:
Originally posted by BlackTiger:
yeah but im interested to hear if blacks when they see me on the street would treat me like a "white boy"...if they would say "oh look its a white boy"..or would call me a "cracka" or smth

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rahotep101
Member # 18764

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rahotep101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
Adam Clayton Powell and W.E.B Dubois were Mulattoes who self-identified as Black.

In the case of Adam Clayton Powell, it was purely political in nature, as his children and grand children, are for all intents and purposes White.

-

Boris Becker's children by his mixed-race wife appear passably white, both being blond with light eyes.
 -

So much for the supposedly dominant black genes. Any white person you see could have black ancestry with dissipated consequences. This is why the 'one drop rule' popular in America is nonsense, as is the expectation that mixed race people should identify as black.

Leona Lewis is another example of the 'one drop rule' not really applying:

-

You would think the following pure northern Europeans, yet Rupert Perry Jones has Indian ancestors:

-

Boris Johnson has a Turkish grandfather:

-

Posts: 870 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Tiger,
In you were seen on the street in West Africa you would be taken for Lebanese.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^^
Are Lebanese considered "White" in West Africa..??

What is funny is how this proves race is invalid and a social construct, Where Im from he would be considered Hispanic or Mexican. because of the LArge Hispanic population, Seems like people from N.Y would see Him as Italian or Jewish because of the Large Population, while in West Africa he would be considered "Lebanese"...

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jari - As usual, you totally miss the point. The fact is that NOWHERE would anyone consider him Black.

White, Mulatto, Yes. Black, NO!

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^
Dude I never said that, like I said Race is a social construct as different people have given different opinions. If anything it reflects on where you live, I see a Hispanic, people from N.Y see an Italian or Jew, Lamin from West Africa sees a Lebanese".

No one said he looks Black.

Also to note many Indians are quite Dark Skinned and most identify as Caucasian..

If this man wanted to he could Join a Black Supremist site or he Could Join an Arab Supremist movement and claim to be "Arab" like many Pakistanis and Indians do today..

-

Black as well as White are social constructs get over it.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Jari - Why are you such an idiot?

That's the Fijian, by way of India, golfer Vija Singh.

You left out some important choices, could he join the young Nazis?

How about the KKK?

Damn boy, you sure are stupid.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^^
Strawman Fallacy, you know damn well very few Indians identify as Black but as Caucasian. Who said anything about the KKK?? The Arab has his own KKK to keep "Abdeeds" in check and many Pakistani and Indians probably feel the same way about Africans as the KKK.

You are just mad because you see plainly that Race is a social construct.

BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
Indians do not identify as caucasian but as "asian indian", its a own category in the census. Very few indians identify as caucasian, usually the lighter ones.

@alTukruri: We dont have blacks here

BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
So i got Hispanic,White and Lebanese
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Black Tiger Are you Romanian?
BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
No im not Romanian. Im a Roma but not Romanian. Two different things. [Smile]
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Reason I asked because I some times came across Romanians who try to link-up with local migrant black peeps in my city I am living in Japan btw and sometimes I am taken aback by how Latino lite-skinned Caribbean types some of them appeared to be at first glance, and some indicated that they are known as blacks in their country,was hoping you could verify that.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Im "white"? hmmmm

http://s3.postimage.org/wz56vfwc3/IMG_0026.jpg

edit: one more picture

http://s2.postimage.org/ofswxf7o7/003.jpg

what is your hair type when it is grown out more?
Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Lyinass is gonna say that if your hair is curly, you're black.

Anyway, to me you look like you can be from southern Europe or Southwest Asia.

More hinting towards southwest Asian.

Being that you say Roma/Gypsy, it fits well and all makes sense.

I've seen Gypsies who'd I think were either Sothwest Asian or Southern European, and given the data on these regions mentioned we know them to have significant recent (in evolutionary terms) geneflow from Africa.

Gypsy, a word derived from Egypt, in essence meaning that you're people looked to Europeans to have African blood.

Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
 -
Indian Gypsy
 -
Euro Gypsy and they got lot o azz too

BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
yes gypsies/roma are known as "blacks" in european countries.

my hair type when its grown out

http://postimage.org/image/1tap78jpg/

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
yes gypsies/roma are known as "blacks" in european countries.

my hair type when its grown out

http://postimage.org/image/1tap78jpg/

you're 3/4 white

1/4 black,

but if you keep your hair short and call your friends "nigga" you are 2/3 white 1/3 black

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Proper culture etiquette can make a big difference.

But whether it can bounce you from 1/4 to 1/3, I don't know. That's a big step up.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please excuse my little interview but what census and where is here?

quote:
Indians do not identify as caucasian but as "asian indian", its a own category in the census. Very few indians identify as caucasian, usually the lighter ones.

@alTukruri: We dont have blacks here

I wouldn't worry about if non-European blacks see
you as white. I would just try to make connections
with good people throwing off good vibes that feel good
to write to and eventually to pal around with when you
travel.

The PANTHER is a potent symbol that spread from Black
America to many people's struggles. Most of them didn't
keep the BLACK in front of the PANTHERS but those from
places like Israel and Eastern Europe who are the blacks
in their countries called themselves the Black Panthers
either prefixing or suffixing their country, ethny or
whatever to the title.

But think on this, many Panthers gave up their very lives
in the struggle but the Black Americans erected no memorials
for them, never instituted a holiday to honor them nor even
know the names of their leadership or the actual history
and activities of the Black Panthers some of which were
later taken up by the USA government itself.

And again excuse me for not saying this earlier.

Welcome to ES and I hope you build a social network
with African derived blacks here and also make friends
with all our members of whatever colour or background.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
***sigh***

SMH [Roll Eyes]

quote:
...but if you keep your hair short and call your friends "nigga"....

[Mad]

then he would need ah one rass beatin' with a BLACK FOOT up him baxide....KMRT....

quote:
Nope you would prob. be seen as hispanic or "Mexican"(as they are known down here) but you dont look "white" IMO
Yes he favor ah one amigo....and that's not much 'better' than 'white'...IMHO...
Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
Here: Austria
Census: US Census. I read in US Census there is a category "Asian Indian"...Indians call themselfes Desis and Brown People. They dont think they are White.

BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
In Austria back in school i were known as black...and called a mullato and half-n.word, also "brown as ****"...thats really true

some more pictures

-

-

-

-

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In Austria back in school i were known as black...and called a mullato and half-n.word, also "brown as ****"...thats really true

some more pictures

-

-

-

-

[Roll Eyes] yeah ok, that's nice...please spare the pity party attempt cah you NAAAAAH going to get it hereso.... [Frown] it is unfortunate that you have gone through such unpleasantness, but PLEASE don't try to compare your experience(s) to what dark-skinned people of African descent, especially dark-skinned women, everywhere have had to endure. Just stop with this nonsense, please, ok.

FYI- in the Washington, D.C. Metro area, you would NOT be seen as a Black man or mixed-race Black/'white', you would be viewed as an 'amigo' (Mexican/Central American).

Sorry, but this thread reminds me of that 'white' boy's documentary/pale-skin pity party on the 'white'/Asian Jamaican minority... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
I know about Indians. They are varied. Indians of
my complexion were headhunting for other blacks to
man their IT industry endeavors in the USA back in
the 1990's.

OK thanks I can now see that on the latest census

-

If I had to answer that question I'd have to choose
Some other race -- Print race. and enter my ethnicity.

Is it true in your opinion that Roma ultimately derive
from India? If so, could you give us a little essay.

quote:
Census: US Census. I read in US Census there is a category "Asian Indian"...Indians call themselfes Desis and Brown People. They dont think they are White.

I had to smile when I first read Asian Indian (as if
there's any other self-determined Indians) because
I thought of the Asian Indian bhangra artist Apache Indian.

Be aware that in general no matter how black an
Indian may be there is little love lost between
East&South Africans & African Caribbeans and the
Indians of Africa and the Caribbean/West Indies.

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
I know about Indians. They are varied. Indians of
my complexion were headhunting for other blacks to
man their IT industry endeavors in the USA back in
the 1990's.

OK thanks I can now see that on the latest census

-

If I had to answer that question I'd have to choose
Some other race -- Print race. and enter my ethnicity.

Is it true in your opinion that Roma ultimately derive
from India? If so, could you give us a little essay.

quote:

I had to smile when I first read Asian Indian (as if
there's any other self-determined Indians) because
I thought of the Asian Indian bhangra artist Apache Indian.

Be aware that in general no matter how black an
Indian may be there is little love lost between
East&South Africans & African Caribbeans and the
Indians of Africa and the Caribbean/West Indies.

Indians of Africa? [Confused]
BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
TruthandRights. What do you know. Gypsies are the most hated minority in Europe. Africans have it way better than Gypsies in Europe. You are a looser, when you think that "only African descend people are discriminated". In Europe its UN-PC to hate on blacks, they are on TV everywhere way overrepresented compared to their small numbers in Austria/Germany. But you never will find a gypsy on TV except on a documentary about thieves/beggers etc. Even Presidents say Gypsies are filthy and deport Gypsies like France-s Sarkozy. This could have never happened with Africans, not in the wetest dream of a white supremacist.

About India and Gypsies. Yes Gypsies are definiteyl from India. Genetics proove it and Gypsies do look like indians. Its not that visible on me because i have lighter skin but my relatives look like if they are deep down from pakistan/india. My eyes are proove enough for me to see gypsies are from india.

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
TruthandRights. What do you know. Gypsies are the most hated minority in Europe. Africans have it way better than Gypsies in Europe. You are a looser, when you think that "only African descend people are discriminated". In Europe its UN-PC to hate on blacks, they are on TV everywhere way overrepresented compared to their small numbers in Austria/Germany. But you never will find a gypsy on TV except on a documentary about thieves/beggers etc. Even Presidents say Gypsies are filthy and deport Gypsies like France-s Sarkozy. This could have never happened with Africans, not in the wetest dream of a white supremacist.

About India and Gypsies. Yes Gypsies are definiteyl from India. Genetics proove it and Gypsies do look like indians. Its not that visible on me because i have lighter skin but my relatives look like if they are deep down from pakistan/india. My eyes are proove enough for me to see gypsies are from india.

look
http://postimage.org/image/nu4arr6s/ plz dont quote the pic. thanks

Yo, yuh brite likkle bloodclaat caba caba bwoy...DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH/ON MY FINGERS...CHAT ABOUT
quote:
"only African descend people are discriminated".
NOWHERE did you see where I said such a lie..piss off duppybat...this is what I said:

quote:
but PLEASE don't try to compare your experience(s) to what dark-skinned people of African descent, especially dark-skinned women, everywhere have had to endure
I know, not from personal experience unlike yourSelf, that historically gypsies are not well liked, etc....I know Hitler gassed them too....

Elsewhere I made it clear:

quote:
People of all races can research and learn about the sufferings of others and of course many can recall their own personal sufferings and get some understanding of others. But only Black people have experienced the worst sufferings as blacks under the Racist system. If we are speaking about the people with the most experiences of both institutionalized racism and gender prejudices in this White world system then the people are obviously dark-skinned Black Women.

Now tell me, can a White/light-skinned person or any light-skinned mixed race person ever directly experience the same ongoing lifelong racial and gender abuses as a dark-skinned Black person? No, they cannot. They can talk about their experiences as Whites or Light skinned mixed and in some cases they get abused badly. However, they cannot experience what it is to be a dark-skinned Black person in the system, growing up being told they were worthless and ugly, then having teachers disregard them etc. They cannot experience what it is to watch television and all the images are nothing like them. They cannot experience these things and much more. What I am saying is they will lack the deeper direct experiences that reaches to the soul

I am sure you have suffered unjustly...but don't compare your struggle to the historical atrocities and struggles of the Maafa we have endured, ok....THAT MI AH SEH TUH YOU....

No disrespect intended, but I can clearly see why you would get banned from a Black Nationalist site....and I'm not referring to the picture(s)....KMRT....

and sorry to tell you, but the whole of yuh family in that picture favor ah one happy Hispanic family tuh rass...

BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
i dont compare the injustice done to me and gypsies to what happened to blacks, its a different story but NOT WORSE than what happened to gypsies. in the middle ages gypsies were slaves in wallachia and in western europe it was legal to hunt and kill gypsies. Blacks didnt suffered MORE than gypsies. thats the point.

and delete the pic from your quote. thanks

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
I do find the notion that only blacks have suffered to be an underestimation of others who have suffered. Africans are not the only people to be discriminated against, Indians, Native Americans, Somoans and Hawaiians, among others have all had their share of suffering. People forget that Indians were also segregated during apartied, and what can compare to being put on a Reservation and being moved out of your homes after watching majority of your people slaughtered by occupiers.

The Palestine Arabs are currently living in a Apartied state without any relief in future sight.

Even the Irish can testify to discrimination at one point they were seen as a step up from so called primitive Africans dubbed "Negros" turned inside out. The Potatoe famine was a direct result of Anglo hatred of the Irish.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com