EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Africa's Lizard/Reptilian Kings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Africa's Lizard/Reptilian Kings
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Side track story but when I was lil' I remember briefly skimming thru a book when I was bored for a little white while at Barnes & Nobles or something, mentioning Reptillian Kings with Lizard like skin, supposedly one of the 'Alien' races currently inhabiting this planet: the other being an Angelic human like race who all had blue eyes and blonde hair and were the cause of such among otherwise dark haired humans as well as the cause of relatively lighter skinned high ranked groups even in cultures with people darker than white people. The reptillians I believe could also comingle anywhere, or were either relegated to existing solely with dark skinned people. These were both a civilizing influence, or at least the "Aryan" / Nordic alien race was -- can't remember whether both or just the latter. Anyway.

I'm no ruler-outer of possible life on other planets, but all I took from this was that it reminded me of Dragon Ball / Dragon Ball Z.

-

^Note the turban. [Big Grin]

-

-

Anywho, years later I've heard of a number of reptilian or full blown reptile rulers in African history, and have come across two specific examples of reptilian rule.

One was an "Ethiopian" (nor sure if Ethiopia -classic or -proper), and I don't even remember the text or original literary source, the other whom I retained more about was an actual Snake god (Wagadou's guardian deity) eventually slain by a Ghanaian:

quote:
The Soninke of West Africa also tell a story about single individual defying tradition and public opinion to stand up to a snake god. In the West African legend, the snake was Bida, a god of the ancient Ghana Empire. It demanded an annual offering of one maiden in exchange for the prosperity of the wealthy kingdom. One year the maiden Sia (or Siya) was chosen to be the sacrifice. Her betrothed husband Mamadou (Amadou or Maadi in some other tellings of the story), an army officer, fought the snake to save her. The snake had hydra-like properties of regenerating its severed heads but the officer eventually defeated the deity. The Ghana Empire, bereft of its guardian deity, declined soon after.
- Daniel Chu and Elliot Skinner, A Glorious Age in Africa: Ghana, Mali and Songhai, pp. 42-45

The story was set at around the time of the decline of the Ghanaian Empire before it collapsed and was overrun.

This used to be mysterious to me, not so much anymore. The snake is just what it was, a necessary evil. At least as far as they saw.

Elsewhere that we see snakes in Africa:

-

While now it seems simple enough, for some reason at first glance this story and the whole snake thing had me a bit confused.

On Ancient Egypt:

From Richard Poe's Black Spark White Fire:

quote:
According to the Bible, Adam and Eve had two sons, named Cain and Abel. Cain became a farmer and Abel a herdsman. One day, the brothers went before the Lord to offer the fruits of their labors. Abel brought "fat portions from the firstborn of his flock." Cain, on the other hand, being a farmer, brought "the fruits of the soil." For some reason that the Bible does not explain, God accepted Abel's sacrifice but rejected that of his brother, Cain. Burning with resentment, Cain lured his brother into a field and slew him.

"Your brother's blood cries out to you from the ground," said the Lord. "Now you are under a curse.... When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a resless wanderer on the earth."

Just as God predicted, Cain left his homeland and wandered the earth, finally coming to a place called Nod. Therer a curious thing happened. Despite the curse, Cain and his family prospered. In fact, Cain built a city in Nod - the very first city in the world - and named it Enoch, after his son. Cain's descendants went on to win renown as the founders of nations and the inventors of many arts.

His great-great-great-great-grandson Jabal, for example, became "the father of those who live in tents and raise livestock." Jabal's brother Jubal became "the father of all who play the harp and flute." As for their half-brother Tubal-Cain, he became the world's first metalsmith. The book of Genesis says that he "forged all kinds of tools out of bronze and iron."

Some curse! Judging from the biblical account, it would seem that Cain and his "accursed" brood were chosen by God for no less a task than civilizing the earth. From Cain and his family arose farming, herding, building, music, and metalsmithy -- virtually every civilized art that separates man from beast. Why would God have bestowed such an honor on a sinner who murdered his own brother?

Some modern scholars have suggested a startling answer to this question. They have theorized that Cain and his children achieved all these technological breakthroughs not in [i]spite
of Cain's crime, but as a direct result of it. According to this theory, the murder - or rather the sacrifice - of Abel actually transformed Cain from a simple farmer into a builder of cities.

"The primal homicide," writes Patrick Tierney in his 1989 book, The Highest Altar: The Story of Human Sacrifice, "was originally the salvivic event which secured urban life, metallurgy, music and animal husbandry for humanity. A seemingly senseless homicide paved the way for civilization. Progress was bought for a price. Part of the price was Abel's death"

As a journalist, Tierney spent six years in the Andes Mountains of South America, researching the cult of human sacrifice that prevails to this day among dexcendants of the Incas and other Indian communities. In his attempt to explain the phenomenon, Tierney drew upon the work of scholars such as Walter Burkert and Hiam Maccoby, who have concluded that blood sacrifice - and particularly human sacrifice - was the spark that lit the first fires of civilization.

"Through solidarity and cooperative organization," writes classicist Walter Burkert, "the sacrificial ritual gave society its form" Indeed, so indispensable was the bloood sacrifice to civilized life, in Burkert's view, that he proposed renaming the human species [i]Homo necans --
"man the killer." In the same vein, a British rabbinical scholar named Hiam Maccoby suggested that Cain was really the first "sacred executioner" -- a specifically sanctified priest whose job it is to perform the "necessary" but unpleasant task of sacrificing people.

In many societies around the world, both ancient and modern, such sacred executioners are ostracized from the community as punishment for their bloody deeds. But they are also honored, feared, and believed to possess magical powers. Thus, Cain was banished from his homeland. But God also granted him special favor and protection: "But the Lord said to him, 'If anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over.' Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him"

In short, Cain seems to walk a fine line between God's favor and condemnation -- a predicament familiar to farmers, craftsmen, and miners, and other wielders of technology in every primitive society. Deep in every human soul lurks the suspicion, inherited since pre-history days, that technology is wicked. Those who use it risk God's wrath. Perhaps the most eloquent expression of this Stone Age attitude came from a man named Smohalla, a prophet of the Umatilla Indian tribe: "You ask me to plough the ground? Shall I take a knife and tear my mother's bosom? ... You ask me to dig for stone? Shall I dig under her skin for her bones? ... You ask me to cut grass and make hay and sell it, and be rich like white men! But how dare I cut off my mother's hair?"

In Smohalla's view, farming and mining were offensive to MotherEarth. Societies all over the world have shared similar beliefs. When the Greek titan Prometheus first gave fire to man, an enraged Zeus punished Prometheus by chaining him to Mount Elbrus in the Caucasus and sending an eagle to devour his liver every day. Clearly, the gods of Olympus did not wish men to stay warm at night or to cook their food. Similarly, the God of the Bible reacted with dismay when he saw how effectively work proceeded on the Tower of Babel.

• But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. The Lord said, 'If ... they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.' So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city.
The Jewish Book of Enoch actually attributes technology to the intervention of the demon Azazel. This prophetic book was never included in the Bible. However, it was sufficiently well respected byy the biblical scribes that it was quoted in the Epistle of Jude 14-15. For 1,500 years, the Book of Enoch was lost to Europeans. But, in 1773, the Scottish explorer James Bruce rediscovered the book in Ethiopia.

It may be only a coincidence that Bruce happened to have been a Freemason. But probably it was more than that. The Masons, after all, had long revered the prophet Enoch, whom they identified with the Egyptian god Thoth. According to the Royal Masonic Cyclopedia, Enoch was the one who first "taught men the art of building." And it has long been rumored that Bruce's real purpose in visiting Ethiopia was not to search for the source of the Nile, as he claimed, but to recover lost manuscripts.

Bruce never did find the source of the Nile, but he found manuscripts in abundance. Among these were several copies of the Book of Enoch, translated from the original Aramic or Hebrew into an Ethiopian language called Ge'ez. Bruce brought them back to Europe. When the Book of Enoch was finally translated into English in 1821, it revealed, for the first time in 1,500 years, many previously unknown details about the corruption of man by wicked angels in the days before the FLood. One of these stories told how the demon Azazel had taught men the use of metal, stone, pain, and mirrors:
  • Moreover, Azazel taught men to make swords, knives, shields, breast plates, the fabrication of mirrors, and the workmanship of bracelets and ornaments, the use of paint, the beautifying of the eyebrows, the use of stones of every valuable and select kind, and of all sorts of dyes, so that the world became altered. Impiety increased: fornication multiplied, and they transgressed and corrupted all their ways.
In the Book of Enoch, as in the sacred legends of countless other religions, technology is viewed as a rebellion agains God. Farmers, miners, builders, and metalsmiths labor under a curse, their struggle for self-betterment dogged by jealous deities, ever eager to shrivel man's crops and undermine his buildings. In the end, only a bribe of human blood will keep the gods at bay Only under the spell of this gruesome ritual did our forebears gain the courage to use their crafts and skills. Thus did they ear the title of Homo necans -- "man the killer."

Of course, many anthropologists still dispute this theory. But the evidence for Homo necans seems hard to deny. Is it only a coincidence that the most advanced peoples of the New World - the Aztecs, Mayas, and Incas - were also the very peoples most addicted to human sacrifice? And is it only by chance that such missionaries of technology as the Masons, Templars, and Daidalidai virtually defined themselves by the story of an innocent boy's cold-blooded murder?

Preserved, through countless ages, through the rites and traditions of craftsmen's guilds, the tale of Daidalos and his Murdered Apprentice calls out to us across the centuries. It reminds us of our debt to the murderer Cain. But it reminds us too of our freedom from that ancient horror. We cannot forget that Homo necans wrought his first wonders amid the stench of human blood. But, in the end, it was the renunciation of human sacrifice that elevated man to the full measure of civilization. It is this last and greatest leap forward that the cult of Daidalos appears to have commemorated. And it seems to have been in Egypt that man took this leap, for the very first time.

The above was The Curse of Cain, prelude to the next chapter -- Chap. 37 Osiris the Civilizer which goes on about Osiris's overal reverence over Ptah and his deed of putting an end to a threat perhaps too distant to arouse our concern today: cannibalism, which was probably not unseen / unheard of anywhere at the dawn of civilization and seemed to have gone hand in hand with sacrifice. It also has the "Wenis" poem and mentions Homo edens -- man the eater.

-

Oh yeah, and it mentions how at the dawn of the Old Kingdom, the dawn of Pharaohnic Egypt's main (albeit three part) era, they substituted the whole host of people with small replicas, when it was Pharaoh's time to go to the afterlife, saving them from having to go any longer with Pharaohs to the next world in cult suicide fashion. *sighs (for them)*

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatbox have you been putting salvia in your bong again?

You're on your Timothy Leary Sh|t again.

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hay actually there is a lot about that kind of stuff in African myth making that finds it's way into western pop culture

Credo Mutwa
His father was a widower with three surviving children when he met his mother. His father was a builder and a Christian and his mother was a young Zulu girl. Caught between Catholic missionaries on one hand, and a stubborn old Zulu warrior, Credo's maternal grandfather, his parents had no choice but to separate. Credo Mutwa was born out of wedlock which caused a great scandal in the village and his mother was thrown out by her father. Later he was taken in by one of his aunts.

He was subsequently raised by his father's brother and was taken to the South Coast of Natal, near the northern bank of the Umkumazi River. He did not attend school until he was 14 years old. In 1935 his father found a building job in the old Transvaal province and the whole family relocated to where he was building. In 1937 he experienced a great shock and trauma when he was seized and sodomized by a gang of mineworkers outside a mine compound.[3] After this he was ill for a long time.

Where Christian doctors had failed, his grandfather, a man whom his father despised as a heathen and demon worshipper, helped him back to health. At this point Credo began to question many of the things about his people the missionaries would have them believe. "Were we Africans really a race of primitives who possessed no knowledge at all before the white man came to Africa?" he asked himself. His grandfather instilled in him the belief that his illness was a sacred sign that he was to become a shaman, a healer. He underwent initiation from one of his grandfather's daughters, young sangoma named Myrna.[1]
 -
Avengers Vs the Chitarui
Credo Mutwa was a guest in one episode (Day of the Zulu) of a famous series(Secrets of the Dead) from an established producer (PBS).[4]
[edit] Bibliography: works by Credo Mutwa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vusamazulu_Credo_Mutwa
Chitauri

Chitauri is a term of Bantu/Nguni linguistic origin, used to describe shape-shifting reptoids, 'the family of the Serpent', believed to exist in parallel with man, 'the children of Adam'. Though this theme is prevalent within the oral and written traditions of several cultures, the use of this word to describe this phenomenon is common in the work of Zulu elder Vusamazulu Credo Mutwa.

http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=cultc&thread=809
Click me^

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatbox don't forget chickens are basically sauropods so they say, but Dinos are they really lizard ?? we need TruthCentric opinion on this.
In the meantime I'll Jerk em you eat em

-

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Credo has been used by the white establishment
to uphold apartheid and prove white superiority
so being in a PBS special gives him no creds of
respect in either academics or the eyes of blacks
in the struggle. He's just a self-serving opportunist.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
OO he is one of them huh? too bad anyways keep looking into African myth making ancient and modern our own myths and story telling is rich enough even without Toms so go forth and search.
Btw anything specific on him deserving the label of Tom? I remember you said.
This is the same guy who says civilization in
Africa was spread by red-haired outsiders he
calls Ma-Iti. I'd be wary of unconfirmed claims
coming from Mutwa.

Read more: http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=cultc&action=display&thread=809#ixzz1PATAvKHY

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

. . .

-

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Thought I'd heard of the guy (Credo) somewhere.

quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
OO he is one of them huh? too bad anyways keep looking into African myth making ancient and modern our own myths and story telling is rich enough even without Toms so go forth and search.

Right. It's like, the older I get, the more I come across roots of what I then find out were symbolism or at least objects taken from older stories sources, quite a bit African or including African ones. Like even your nik / moniker, I took this as a simple fake myth / story about an actual spider trying to put things back together, not realizing there was a bit to it.

Years ago, after reading Ezekiel / Isaiah which are complete with giant flying beings with "wheels within wheels" in them with "lightning" and "fire" going through them, I wondered if some Japanese guy or whoever created all of the ideas for giant humanoid controllable robots got the idea from that stuff, and bet many others may have thought the same thing.

Also, back on the reptilian thing, before he got all into it on the [perceived] need for sacrifice, I started thinking of the vegan interpretations of the Bible, not that I support them. There are words that say everything in the earth was provided for is, and are also detailed accounts of what meat one may and may not eat. It is just that considering this interpretation, it would seem ironic Abel was killed, but also, that in our very civilizations we created we would become compared the grass. I know of no explicit Scriptural connections back to the Cain story explicitly citing that incident as the culprit, but individuals are likened to the grass in symbolism, armies / polities to "beasts", and other groups to "cattle" like the rams / goats (beast and cattle often get used in situations where they could have used just one term, even before man's creation suggesting beast doesn't denote wild / undomesticated but carnivore). People are likened to grass, which wither and die as God / the winds blow upon them.

Another story the Reps are in:

-

and this.

And Brada you right we need to consult Brandon / Truthcent over this.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Also meant to post a likeness of what might have gave people this idea:

-

skin up close can already be kina scaly, and then there's dry / breaking skin.

This is kind of a world wide topic too. People of England or something talked about knights and dragons, and there is the story of a girl slaying a giant snake taking place before the onset of Chinese civilization.

quote:
Whatbox sed:

It is just that considering this interpretation, it would seem ironic Abel was killed, but also, that in our very civilizations we created we would become compared the grass.

To elaborate, not only would the herder Abel being herded (led into a field) and done in be ironic, but that just as we eat vegetation and / or eat things that eat vegetation this whole system doesn't change that "your ass is grass" in the end. It's the circle of life. Just a backdrop -- I'm sure the main prominent story that jumps at us all is the bad that is jealousy. (Although, in another story an object of jealousy ends up better off than and helps out his brothers that were jealous of him as well as the nation they sold him off into slavery to, directly as a result of their jealousy as a result of their father Jacob's favoritism.)
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love your spirit I do [Smile]
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
I first came across this passage in Graham Hancook Sign And The Seal some yrs back and I followed his source to A General history Of Ancient Kings.
"Christianity was introduced into Abyssinia 331 years after the birth of Christ by Abuna Salama whose former name was Frumentos or Frumentius. As that time the Ethiopian kings reigned over Axum. Before the Christian religion was known in Ethiopia half the inhabitants were Jews, who observed the Law; the other half were worshippers of Sando, the dragon." - A History and Genealogy of the Ancient Kings http://books.google.com/books?id=1kcpAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA120&dq=A+History+and+Genealogy+of+the+Ancient+Kings+half+the+people+were+jews[/B]  

-
Sando the aquatic reptilian from Star Wars

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
 -
Dread & Alive is pure Jamaican fiction. It has a little bit of something for everyone; action, mystery, adventure, romance, even history. The idea behind the story came to me back in 1989 while at a Reggae nightclub in San Francisco. Rasta Sam, one of the bouncers and I were talking about how someone should write a story about a cool character from Jamaica. I turned to Rasta Sam and said, "I'm going to write that story." Unfortunately, I had no clue what I was going to write about nor did I even know how to write a book. But I remember what my father told me, "If you ever need to learn about something, go to the library." And that's what I did. I started checking out all the books that I could find on the Island. At the time, there weren't many books available. The ones that were in print, were usually reported lost. However, the more I continued my research, the more I became inspired by the Island and the more my imagination began to come alive. Just reading about the Cockpit Country fascinated me. I learned about Obeahism and Myalism, which became the premises behind the fight between good and evil.

Read more: http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=cultc&action=display&thread=462#ixzz1PDq004hW

Little O.T from the topic but I just wanna throw this in there Whatbox ,haven't had the chance to checkout his comics yet bot since you are into anime maybe you would like to check this brother out although he is not Anime strictly speaking.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

^I will check it out, Brada.

-

-

Oh yeah one more conspiracy consistency was the theme of reptiles vs. Mario & Luigi "apes", and the theme of apes and reptilians in dragon ball (except, both were alien, and the reptilian who was an antagonist did not remain so).

The humanoid / saiyan can attain higher levels of being, at least in terms of power, even posessing the ability to go full on giant ape. If I remember correctly, there were not many of them left before Goku becomes the most powerful guy in the universe, as a more advanced alien race i forget had been wiping the more primitive Saiyans out.

This thread thought had come and gone a number of times, it's just i'm just now posting it. Didn't originally fathom the conspiracy or Richard Poe ancient Egyptian stuff, the latter (A Egyptian) stuff just came to mind as a good addition to posting Wagadou, and by the time I typed all that out, I had forgot things like the far off tangent vegan circle of life thought I had ( [Big Grin] get far out ideas that pop into my head and go) and some of the details on the saiyans.

But this thread is for anything Reptilian and any thing with African symbols.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

-

I recall there was this thread on African board games and influential games and I was surprised that like 3 or 4 of the games they had to play and played (and were excited about) at the end of the year in one of my advanced classes were African including Backgammon and Mancala I think (the latter I'm sure of). The thread I'm talking about I think was not Marc Washington's Board games thread. Not only was I surprised at how many games there were though (in the thread -- which may not have even been a board game themed thread), but that Moors played Chess, though, doesn't that originate in the Mid-East? Anyway..

I was the same surprised when I discovered the same thing, like three or four of the games in this 7-game family pack of games -Xmas gift mostly gathering dust and getter pieces lost were African as well, including Mancala and this time for sure Backgammon.

Never did get the handg of that Mancala.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Get over yourself. Just because someone says you have piercing eyes doesn't mean they mean it literally. Funny guy you are honest [Big Grin]

Whatbox
Member # 10819

The Suten (or "Pharaohs") would sometimes play out battles before hand or during war, perhaps superstitiously as one would do with Voodoo dolls, or so I've read. My bet though is that this was done perhaps in order to simulate possible outcomes.

-

Since this is turning into an arts tangent thread might as well link to threads on tangents.

Ancient Egyptian sexuality

Ife / Nok / Benin / West African Art thread.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by I AM Skip Gates Jr.(Nephew Edition):

Whatbox have you been putting salvia in your bong again?

You're on your Timothy Leary Sh|t again.

LOL I have to agree. Whatbox, this thread is is even stranger than your other one about blackness and 'The Matrix'. No offense, but I really hope this is just wild imagination and not drugs.
Posts: 26267 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

To what do you refer?

I do not have a thread on 'blackness and the matrix', I have a thread on Ancient Egyptian deities and symbols in film / media.

In main this was about reptilian creatures appearing in African stories, and peripherally ones world wide (including modern conspiracy theory).

Now, as explained by the story the snake was sacrificial (in that story), and so the interesting Rich Poe Cain chapter came to mind. Err, at least, the beginning of it before I decided to type the whole thing out.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Ok, can we please stick to the thread topic?

The Dbz bit was related in that the reptilians thing is apparently a more worldwide thing than the continent of Africa. The Cain, Wenis and Osiris mention was concurrent with what the Wagadou myth was really about in my opinion.

O.T. again, but..

Speaking again of Wenis the eater:

-

[Pictured: Hannibal, from the film Hannibal

quote:
It is Shesmu who carves them up for Wenis,
Cooks meals of them for hime in his dinner-pots.
Wenis eats their magic, swallows their spirits ...
And the pots are scraped for him with their women's legs....
Wenis feeds on the lungs of the wise,
Likes to live on their hearts and their magic....
Lo, their power is in Wenis' belly.

- was found inscribed on Pharaoh Wenis's temple sometime between around 2375 and 2345 B.C.

-

Also in the (Richard Poe again) Chapter Osiris the civilizer:

quote:
Journalist Patrick Tierney found evidence that such rites may continue to this day in some Indian communities of the Andean highlands. One Peruvian engineer told Tierney that every pillar of a certain stone bridge across the Ilave River was believed by the locals to contain the body of a child who had been sacrificed. "The people think that sacrificing and burying a child inside makes the bridge strong", the engineer explained, "so the river won't carry it away."

Anthropologists call such offerings foundation sacrifices because the victim is usually buried in the building's foundation. By means of such bloodletting, the builders bribe the envious gods into allowing the new building to stand. Moreover, the sacrificial victim is believed to haunt the building ever after, serving as its guardian spirit.

Foundation sacrifices were common in the ancient Near East. The Bible says that when Hiel of Bethel rebuilt the city of Jericho, during the time of King Ahab, "He laid its foundations at the cost of his firstborn son Abiram, and he set up its gates at the cost of his youngest son Segub." Many scholars interpret this passage to mean that Hiel sacrificed his sons and buried them beneath the new city -- a Canaanite ritual all too familiar to archaeologists of Syria-Palestine. Ancient buildings in this region are often found with the skeletons of sacrificial victims - usually infants - buried in their foundations.

The foundation deposits placed in Egyptian buildings strongly suggest that at one time, Egyptian masons too may have protected their handiwork with an offering of human life. By the Old Kingdom period, however, these hypothetical human victims had already been completely replaced with bread, wine, and oxen. The substitution of food and drink for human victims - if indeed, that is what the foundation deposits signify - may well have been yet another ripple in the chain reaction of compassion initiated by Osiris.

It goes on to account how Mexican Aztecs, though their ruler - initially horrified at the notion of no sacrifices - in disbelief asking Cortes "How can you want us to lose the whole city?", found the idea of no sacrifice appealing (awe and envy) rapidly converting after, after demonstrations (smashed idols replaced with other images, followed by a solemn mass), instead of expected disaster ensuing the opposite happened (needed rain, the next day infact).

It then Compares Osiris (based on his tale) in the ancient mediterranean [or as mentioned, Ethiopia, Arabia, India, and Greece] to them, being an ancient version.

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you have the nerve to critisize smokers
http://thenile.phpbb-host.com/ftopic2328.php

[Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com