EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » YAPers - (Y Alu polymorphic (YAP) insertion)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: YAPers - (Y Alu polymorphic (YAP) insertion)
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nyasha has been making such a pest of her/himself with the rather simple-minded questions about the Andaman Islanders, and other Eastern Blacks, that I thought a little clinic on the subject would be helpful - Ya Nyasha might be a troll, but what the hell. BTW - I noticed that no one else got into the specifics, am I the only YAPer on the board? Or maybe some of you don't know.

First some words of Wisdom.

quote:
Originally posted by MelaninKing:

Even if DNA analysis could be utilized, it would be not only unreliable, but unverifiable, lacking any uncompromised reference absent of mutations, deletions, and inherent technological error. Jews understand this, and this is why there presently are no Open Source specifications for DNA analyzers. They are all proprietary, and therefore, unvalidated or verifiable.

Point being, genetic typing is not really a science. It is an on-going investigation - nothing more. Nyasha has made the mistake of thinking that it is definitive - IT IS NOT!

Case in point - ME!

I am a hybrid E/I with YAP

Lets see: that would make me an African, European, Asian, Polynesian - child of the world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This starts a little confusing - read on)

In human genetics, Haplogroup DE is a human Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup. It is defined by the single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) mutations, or UEPs, M1(YAP), M145(P205), M203, P144, P153, P165, P167, P183.

Haplogroup DE is often referred to by the most well-known unique event polymorphism (UEP) which defines it, the Y-chromosome Alu Polymorphism (YAP). The YAP mutation was caused when a strand of DNA called Alu, which copies itself, inserted a copy into the Y chromosome. A Y chromosome that has the YAP mutation is called YAP-positive (YAP+), and a Y chromosome that does not have the YAP mutation is labeled YAP-negative (YAP-). Haplogroup DE is an estimated 65,000 years old.

The majority of DE male lines can be categorized as being in either Haplogroup D (Y-DNA), which likely originated in Asia, the only place where it has been found, or haplogroup E, which is believed to have originated in East Africa or the Near East. The remainder are said to be in the paragroup DE*, confirmed cases of which are extremely rare.

Haplogroup DE is found in Africa (Haplogroups E and DE*) and East Asia (Haplogroups D and DE*) but is largely absent in between these two regions. The presence of DE across widely separated regions has confounded investigators trying to reconstruct the migration of humans from Africa to Asia. At some time, there was an extinction of DE lineages in West, South and Central Asia. Autochthonous DE lineages are absent in India, an important region in the dispersal of humans in Asia. However DE lineages have been detected in relict populations of the Andaman Islands. Underhill et al. 2007, suggest the possibility that deleterious mutations in some DE carriers may explain the extinction of DE lineages in India.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A recent insertion of an alu element on the Y chromosome is a useful marker for human population studies.
Hammer MF.
Source

Laboratory of Molecular Systematics and Evolution, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721.
Abstract

A member of the Alu family of repeated DNA elements has been identified on the long arm of the human Y chromosome, Yq11. This element, referred to as the Y Alu polymorphic (YAP) element, is present at a specific site on the Y chromosome in some humans and is absent in others. Phylogenetic comparisons with other Alu sequences reveal that the YAP element is a member of the polymorphic subfamily-3 (PSF-3), a previously undefined subfamily of Alu elements. The evolutionary relationships of PSF-3 to other Alu subfamilies support the hypothesis that recently inserted elements result from multiple source genes. The frequency of the YAP element is described in 340 individuals from 14 populations, and the data are combined with those from other populations. There is both significant heterogeneity among populations and a clear pattern in the frequencies of the insertion: sub-Saharan Africans have the highest frequencies, followed by northern Africans, Europeans, Oceanians, and Asians. An interesting exception is the relatively high frequency of the YAP element in Japanese. The greatest genetic distance is observed between the African and non-African populations. The YAP is especially useful for studying human population history from the perspective of male lineages.

YAP insertion signature in South Asia.
Chandrasekar A, Saheb SY, Gangopadyaya P, Gangopadyaya S, Mukherjee A, Basu D, Lakshmi GR, Sahani AK, Das B, Battacharya S, Kumar S, Xaviour D, Sun D, Rao VR.
Source

Anthropological Survey of India, Kolkata-700 016, India.
Abstract

A total of 2169 samples from 21 tribal populations from different regions of India were scanned for the Y-chromosome Alu polymorphism. This study reports, for the first time, high frequencies (8-65%) of Y Alu polymorphic (YAP) insertion in northeast Indian tribes. All seven Jarawa samples from the Andaman and Nicobar islands had the YAP insertion, in conformity with an earlier study of Andaman Islanders. One isolated case with haplotype E* was found in Dungri Bhill, a western Indian population, while YAP insertion in northeast India and Andaman tribes was found in association with haplotype D* (M168, M174). YAP insertion frequencies reported in the mainland Indian populations are negligible, according to previous studies. Genetic drift may be the causative factor for the variable frequency of the YAP insertion in the mainland populations, while the founder effect may have resulted in the highest incidence of haplotype D among the Andaman Islanders. The results of YAP insertion and the evidence of previous mtDNA studies indicate an early out of Africa migration to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The findings of YAP insertion in northeast Indian tribes are very significant for understanding the evolutionary history of the region.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re; Genograpic Project - Supposedly YAP evolved from M168 in or around Ethiopia, and then crossed southern Arabia into Asia as M174, but also continued north into Egypt and the Middle East as M96, and also turned west into central Africa as M2.

FAMOUS YAPers (my kinsman) He, he.

Egypt

-

Sumer 2500 B.C.

-

Elam/Persia

-

India

-

Thailand

-
 -

-

Vietnam

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
FAMOUS YAPers (my kinsman) He, he. continued.

Andaman Islands

-

China - Shang

-

Japan - Jomon

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Nyasha - On the subject of race:

THESE A BOTH Y-dna haplogroup "R"

The first one is a Dravidian Indian __________ The other is a Dravidian Indian Albino.
 -  -

This European is also Y-dna haplogroup "R"

-

This is an Asian _______________________________ This is an Albino Asian (with make-up)

-  -

This is a "MULATTO" Asian.

-

Obviously "GENETICALLY" there is no such thing as RACE. There are those who are Melaninated, and those who are NOT - Albinos: and those who are a mixture - Mulattoes!

Of course RACE as a delineator of phenotypes, does exist.

zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back migration notions dismissed - the YAP insertion

-

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5920 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova

Man Zarahan comes through as usual.

This new chart should put to rest that Yap and DE are AFRICAN lineages. I hope people like Lioness, Rahotep read this because it blows there notions out the water.

Good Job.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com