EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » ImageShack HEADS UP!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ImageShack HEADS UP!!
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went looking for images I placed in my ImageShack
account only to find them missing. After going through
the entire album I found that ImageShack lost/destroyed
about 10 - 15% of the images I entrusted them with,
many of which I did not save on a storage device of my own.

Let this be a heads up for anyone as naive as I was
to trust an online service with precious irreplaceable images.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confirming Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
incase you are not aware of their disclaimer, if there is a certain lapse of time where your images do not receive any traffic, they will summarily delete your file. It is nothing personal or conspiratorial. So, it aint a matter of trust, it is a matter of you not reading the disclaimer to those free hosting sites.

You are exhibiting the typical Black entitlement behavior.

Posts: 1340 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never said anything about personal or conspiracy.

Just as an example some images frequently hit from
here are gone and some truly personal images not linked
anywhere on the net but just stashed for safekeeping
are still there.

No rhyme or reason to the axing and my intent is
to let others naive as myself to look out for
themselves and not face the disappointment of loss.

Nothing racial or entitling about it at all. The
only thing I'm entitled to is air to breathe and
ultimately my demise.

CT why don't you do the world a favor and commit
suicide and make the world a better place with
one less negro in it. Don't wait, do it now!

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confirming Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1340 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proof that CT is talking out his ass.

ImageShack FAQ

quote:

How long will my uploaded files be available?

Your files will only be deleted if they do not adhere to our Terms of Service. If you are registered, your files will be available forever. If you are not registered, any file that you upload will continue to be available if it is accessed by anyone at least once per year.

quote:
Should I leave a backup of my uploaded files on my computer?

ABSOLUTELY!

Unpredictable events can occur, and we would like you to have a backup of your uploaded files on your computer.

Like I said, the fault was my naivete.
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
" If you are not registered, any file that you upload will continue to be available if it is accessed by anyone at least once per year."

Silly Niggard.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Ignorant negro, are you so stupid as to not see
that the words "my ImageShack account" means I
am registered.

Stop shuckin n jivin and go rid the world of one
negro menace, yourself, don't delay die today!

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use several computers(Laptop and desktop networked) plus back on a USB HD. Then stash that one away in a safe place. Online storage is too expensive. . .and unpredictable.
That reminds me a I saw 3TB selling for just over $100. Storage is cheap now.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
stop lying, you aint register them. You have the free account, liar!

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Ignorant negro, are you so stupid as to not see
that the words "my ImageShack account" means I
am registered.

Stop shuckin n jivin and go rid the world of one
negro menace, yourself, don't delay die today!

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^The two arent mutually exclusive; I'm registered there, but I've never paid for anything.
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
^You are not afforded the priviledges (s/p?) of a paid subscriber. What applies to free anonymous posters applies to free registered posters; both have minimal rights, and this would include a definite time frame to storing of files on the servers.

If alTakruri were a paid subscriber, he would not be here crying like a little beeyotch.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't ask you to give me a rundown on Imageshack's policy.

In that post I replied to, you made a false distinction between being registered and having a free account, as if one cannot be registered and have a free account at the same time.

And you might want to go take a reading comprehension course, as the FAQ is pretty clear on its - apparently false - promise, that pics uploaded to a registered account stay there permanently. There is no time constraint as you've falsely asserted. There is, however, a condition, that must be met after the period of each year, but I don't see how your ignorant ass is capable of knowing that alTakruri didn't meet that condition, without him having shared the specifics with you.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chosen1
Member # 18528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chosen1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was referring to paid registered acct.

quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
I didn't ask you to give me a rundown on Imageshack's policy.

In that post I replied to, you made a false distinction between being registered and having a free account, as if one cannot be registered and have a free account at the same time.

And you might want to go take a reading comprehension course, as the FAQ is pretty clear on its - apparently false - promise, that pics uploaded to a registered account stay there permanently. There is no time constraint as you've falsely asserted. There is, however, a condition, that must be met after the period of each year, but I don't see how your ignorant ass is capable of knowing that alTakruri didn't meet that condition, without him having shared the specifics with you.

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol.. now we now Confirming Truth and AfrocentricL
are the same people. He forgot to switch his screen
name. lol

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a rule of thumb, it is generally wise to have a backup for any uploaded thing you value on your computer.

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He admitted that sometime back. He said he forgot his password on the other or some silly story like that. I suggested for him to "auto log". You know, make it idiot proof. That probably also went over his head.

Maybe it is a shared prison computer.

quote:
Originally posted by zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova:
lol.. now we now Confirming Truth and AfrocentricL
are the same people. He forgot to switch his screen
name. lol

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Afronut has mental problem..no lie.
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com