EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The Study Of African Civilization S.O D Boring? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Study Of African Civilization S.O D Boring?
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Anyone having a young son should give him Dick Gregory's autobiography "Nigger" (1964). It's probably the first book I ever bought for myself.

Unfortunately Dick made himself irrelevant by trying to mimic Gandhi.

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Gregory did very well considering he started out as a ~400lb., Gin guzzling, chain smoking comedian. By all rights, he should have been dead 30 years ago.

His health focus is really needed today with the obese and High Blood Pressure/Diabetes prone Blacks we see today.
Dick Gregory's "Cooking With Mother Nature" is a must have cook book, for blacks.

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MelaninKing:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
MK - I can only tell you what I know first hand:

I was in New York when Malcolm was killed, there was no gnashing of teeth. There was no sense of a great leader being killed. It was strictly a crime story. The assassins had already been identified as fellow Muslims, and that sort of thing was not unexpected from Black Muslims.

I was in Illinois when MLK was killed. Then there was gnashing of teeth, because nobody knew how Blacks would respond.

The MX cover was very elaborately staged. The majority of Negroes did not stand with the Nation Of Islam (muslim) and although blacks knew that whites wanted Malcolm dead, the stage pointed the finger at the NOI. What were blacks to do, burn down NOI mosques?
I recall a great deal of sadness in New York, and a feeling of helplessness, but you're right. No riots.
Still, Malcolm X and Ali were as influential on the black American psyche as MLK and The NOI.
Today, the NOI is merely a shell of what it was back then.

Also, regarding the riots, many blacks participated in the riots as a release of their personal frustrations with the system. Many gave no real thought to MLK, were not members of the NAACP, or believed in King's Turn-The-Other-Cheek philosophy, but used King's assassination as a trigger to vent their own release.

No Black Americans did not stand with NOI, and never would. It is just too different. Even though Farrakhan gets trotted out every once in a while, and is cheered, that's as far as it will ever go.

The Turn-The-Other-Cheek philosophy is why I turned away from MLK. But I found the Panthers too scary, them Niggers were crazy! So it was SNCC for me.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Given the choice, which would you have done,
Kathleen Cleaver or Angela?

-  -

MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely Davis!!!

I'd take Nina Simon over both though.

--------------------
Melanin King 4Shared Ebook and video depository;
http://www.4shared.com/u/vprmsqkz/1027fc89/melaninking.html

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
An honest question to all E/S members is the study and discussion of African civilizations outside Kemet boring? I mean we can go weeks even months at time without bringing up a single African civilization outside Kemet/Kush south of the desert and if not for Jeri not even Axum Christian or pagan get paid much attention, we dig deep into European history,Indian,Meso -American,Asian and others and the board are just dominated with those about questions on phenotype and rarely of culture even.. some can trace the history of European royals with exact detail. But what of lands like Ghana were their royals any less important than lets say Bohemians?? Is the rise of Shaka and the political intrigue before and during his reign any less important some Welsh Duke? I mean how important are the descendants of these families are today in either the building up or hampering of Africa's growth.

I am not saying that other areas of the world that
Africans touched should not be studied but I only wish more people would put equal emphasis on the more neglected but not devoid of civilization history and culture on other parts of the Continent.

No. This forum has created many threads dedicated to other areas of Africa not pertaining to Nile Valley Civilization, And as far as your point on 'equal emphasis' goes, well not every civilization in Africa has received the same sort of anthropological emphasis as Nile Valley Civilization has.
Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I'd take Nina Simon over both though. [/qb]

-
 -

Friday, May 14th 2010
Mary J. Blige To Play Nina Simone In New Film

-

Posts: 43045 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I don't like these type of women.

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
^ I'd take Nina, but have to leave Mary.
I find the mind as equally as attractive as the physical. Mary is vastly lacking in the mental area while Nina's mind is like an angel's.

--------------------
Melanin King 4Shared Ebook and video depository;
http://www.4shared.com/u/vprmsqkz/1027fc89/melaninking.html

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no use for women that look like men. We're looking at pics here, not assessing their minds.

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
^ I don't know any man who has real titties and a slit.
Nina sho don't sing or write songs like a man either.
Mary? She don't write songs, letters, or nothing.

I think you must be a white boy who likes women who look like boy scouts.

-

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
quote:
^ I don't know any man who has real titties and a slit.

Sure?? [Big Grin]
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting topic.
Posts: 2587 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Indeed!

--------------------
state of mind

Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JujuMan:
Indeed!

Yes.
Posts: 2587 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com