EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » African Athletic Prowess: How to Explain it (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: African Athletic Prowess: How to Explain it
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The biannual World Athletic Games held in Daegu, South Korea just closed up. I saw most of it on the television and what was again very obvious is that blacks, who make up approximately 16-17% of the world's population came away with more than 50% of the medals--especially in the track events.

The Russians did OK in some of the track events and the Eastern Europeans did well in some of the field events--but the East and West Africans--in this instance the transplants from Jamaica and U.S.--just blew the opposition away in the track events.

In the sprints, a Frenchman named Le Maitre got a bronze in the 200 and is seen as some kind of "white hope" in this area.

Unfortunately, no Asian--South or East--won anything in track--despite having more than 50% of the world's population.

Interestingly enough, I also saw the world judo championship held in France. The French won over all of Asia, Europe, and the Americas. But guess what: the French team was mainly black. It was an interesting heavyweight final to see the the Africa-phenotyped "Frenchman" from Guadeloupe easily tumble the German champion in a quick flip.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The question is: was there something in the Arican environment that produced the body types and physiology that are so efficient in human locomotion.

The West African sprinters--male and female-- are usually powerfully built or just well-proportioned with adequate musculature while the East African distance runners are usually slender with little body fat. The East African women--contrary to stereotype--are usually lean with almost no gluteus maximus. Meaning--just flat in the back.

If Africans decided to compete seriously in track events such as javelin, hammer, pole vault, discuss the results could be interesting.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
The question is: was there something in the Arican environment that produced the body types and physiology that are so efficient in human locomotion.

The West African sprinters--male and female-- are usually powerfully built or just well-proportioned with adequate musculature while the East African distance runners are usually slender with little body fat. The East African women--contrary to stereotype--are usually lean with almost no gluteus maximus. Meaning--just flat in the back.

If Africans decided to compete seriously in track events such as javelin, hammer, pole vault, discuss the results could be interesting.

I would assume the body type of the African is more suited to that sort of endeavor than that of a Neanderthal or those types that are partly derived from the neanderthal. if you get my meaning.
Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
African Roots of the Olympics:

Kenya: Racing All Began in Africa, the Home of the Olympics

The East African (Nairobi)

OPINION
24 August 2008
Posted to the web 25 August 2008

Philip Ochieng
Nairobi

JANETH JEPKOSGEI, PAMELA Jelimo and Mercy Cherono are three Kenyan girls who took part in the Beijing Olympics.

They are also pedigree Nilo-Hamitic. If they had lived a few thousand years ago, they would have qualified for apprenticeship as top priestesses of Asiis, the creator Goddess of the Nilo-Hamitic Kalenjin.

For, among these peoples and — through them — their neighbours, especially around the Mediterranean, stamina and fleet of foot were the major criteria for temple service — which was the origin of the Olympic Games.

In the beginning, then, the Olympics were neither “Games” nor “Greek” in any strict sense of those words. First, the races had nothing to do with the “sportsmanship” or “spirit of fairness” which the institution has claimed ever since Europeans reinvented it just over a century ago.

On the contrary, the Olympics began as foot races to qualify as priestesses of the Triple Goddess. Indeed, later the races turned into deadly combats for the privilege of becoming the consort of the matriarch, the Goddess’ Alter Ego on earth.

Another completely false — if universally popular — assumption is that the “Olympics” were so called because they originated around Olympus, the mountain astride Thessaly and Magnesia in northeastern Greece. Greece was far from the scene of the original action.

Thus Robert Graves may mislead you when he writes — in his book The Greek Myths — that Mount Olympus was the home of Eurynome and Ophion. The reader may naturally conclude that the great Irish poet and historian is referring to that same Thessalonian Olympus.

Yet Graves’ statement is of supreme importance. For these two deities were the respective creator Goddess herself and her serpentine demiurge of the matriarchal Libyo-Ethiopians, otherwise known as Pelasgians, Danaans and Cadmeains, the autochthons of that southeastern European country.

And they were the ones who gave it the name Greece, the adjective Greek being but the English rendition of the Nilotic term Graikoi (from Koi, “people of” or “worshippers of,” and Graiai, “the Grey One.”)

The Graikoi were called so because they were devotees of the goddess in her phase as crone (when she was “hoary with age.”)

The history and mythology reveal that Olympianism refers not just to the activities that developed into the modern games but to the whole way of life — the people’s means of coming by a livelihood, their political institutions, the religious crucible in which all of it was played.

IT WAS A HARD-NOSED WAY OF appeasing the matriarchs and their followers on the Grecian plains below Olympus. For, although they had been defeated, they remained the majority and, therefore, a potential threat to the security of the new system.

One strategy of the patriarchal mythographers was to cause all the goddesses and their male exponents (like Dionysus and Apollo) to be mythically “reborn” from Zeus’ own body to enable the Hellenic patriarchs to claim that these were all children and, therefore, also subordinates of Zeus.

Attempts were made to mildew their brains by some other method so that they now always supported patriarchal causes, attitudes and teachings. “I am all for the father,” the Goddess Athene herself — hitherto the unchallenged judge — grovels during some debate soon after her “rebirth” from the brow of Zeus.

To make assurance double sure, there was a permanent male casting of vote in the Olympian council so that male victory was now automatic after every debate.

Western tutelage is familiar with Hera, Io, Athene and Artemis (all of them names of one and the same Goddess) and with Apollo, Dionysus and such other originally Nilotic deities, but only in their “reborn” or subdued Hellenic status.

Europe knows them only after they have been transformed into entities completely subservient to the machistic assumptions, schemes and deeds of Zeus of the Hellenes and his male satellites. In the Internet today, every Western blogger describes Athene as a “daughter of Zeus.”

Graves’ statement also raises an inevitable question. Where exactly was the Olympus of Eurynome (“the Universal Ruler”) and Ophion (“The Serpent”)? Nobody that I am aware of has ever posed that question. Everybody, including even Robert Temple (in The Sirius Mystery), assumes that it stood exactly where Hellenic Olympus stands, beyond Thessaly.

Yet the autochthonous Greeks called Omphalos — their socio-religious umbilical cord — did not lie anywhere north of the intrusive Gulf of Corinth. It did not lie even in sacred Boeotia and Attica. It lay, rather, in Arcadia, the heart of the Peloponnesian peninsula, decidedly south of the gulf.

As Temple tells it, Arcadia was derived from the same Nilotic word Arqh (meaning “silver”) which has spawned such terms as arc, ark, argo, argonaut, arcane, architecture, archaeology and argentina.

ARCADIA’S SUPREME EMOtional significance lies in that it was the place where the native Greeks were holed up when the Hellenes poured into their country.

All this strongly suggests that, in pre-Hellenic times, Olympus was the Pelasgic name for a Peloponnesian eminence and that this same name was what was given by the related Cadmeians to the mountain beyond Thessaly, but that, with the triumph of the Hellenes, the name became confined by decree to this northern eminence.

It suggests that the Arcadian significance of Olympus declined and was forgotten. Indeed, on certain maps of ancient Greece, including one printed by Graves, we find a place called Olympia and, significantly, it is situated on the southern shores of the gulf, in the Peloponnesian kingdom of Elis, a district of Arcadia of extraordinary holiness to the Greeks of African pedigree, the Pelasgians.

Indeed, Graves tells us specifically that the Olympic Games were named after this Arcadian Olympia, and not after the Thessalo-Magnesian Olympus. He writes: “[Some] say that… males… the Curetes… protected Zeus’s cradle in Crete, and that they afterwards came to Elis and raised a temple to propitiate Cronus.

“Their names were Heracles, Paeonius, Epimedes, Iasius [and] Acesidas. Heracles, having brought wild-olive from the Hyperboreans [the coeval Britons] to Olympia, set his younger brothers to run a race there, and thus the olympic games originated [my underscoring].”

More @ http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/africa-home-of-the-olympics-the-black-greeks/

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it has to do with limb proportions
Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Not really--because you will have to argue that East Asians and South Asians just don't have the right limb proportions to compete with Africans in the short and long distances.

In the sprints it looks more like sheer muscle power with its neuro connectors firing away at great speed. Maybe Africans have it more than others.

The long distances require enormous powers of concentration, powers of endurance, mental toughness and calmness. East Africans apparently have such more than others.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Not really--because you will have to argue that East Asians and South Asians just don't have the right limb proportions to compete with Africans in the short and long distances.

This IS what I am arguing

with the exception of certain individuals who don't fit the norm

(lioness productions)

Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Given that East and South Asia are home to more than 60% of the world's population, certainly the probability is high that there would be enough Asian outliers in terms of limb proportions who would be standing next to Usain Bolt et al. for the finals in the 100 metres.

No, it's something different. Fast reactions, muscle power, etc.--but even those traits don't explain it all.

Again for the long distances--still a bit of a puzzle that Africans reign supreme.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I notice a great habitual difference in terms of physicality in lifestyles, between highly black, and highly white areas, where the kids in the one are much more regularly active in that regard (when not doing TV or games),

Just giving my own experience, since I'm not one for just-so type explanations in this regard.

Here are like three things that are more objective / quantitative facts people've told me about, to break away from the more subjective / wishy-washy nature of this thread, though I must say these seem like they can break both ways:

I've come across a few possible explanations:
  • Greater bone density *on average* amongst blacks which somehow transfers into something to do with muscle somehow (may also inversely {i.e. reductively} influence hangtime though in more X-games type sports).
  • Ethiopians and East Africans in general tend to be very gracile, which would appear ideal as it's the body type distance runners' bodies seem to conform to as they become accustomed to distance running. Conversely, I've read West Eurasians are more often suited to heavy lifting.
  • More fast/snap muscle coordination and actual quick-twich muscles [lamin: see -- the shake move]. Reminiscent of Kunta Kinte in Alex Haley's Roots, it'nit?
Anyway, anyone can shake, it's just a good combination of circumstance, creativity and skill, though I will have to add that those who possess speed already are already at a slight advantage, because they already threaten to get away just by their speed.

In terms of East vs. West Africans, the latter seem more suited to short distance running / events while the Ethios PWN at long distance!

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Given that East and South Asia are home to more than 60% of the world's population, certainly the probability is high that there would be enough Asian outliers in terms of limb proportions who would be standing next to Usain Bolt et al. for the finals in the 100 metres.

No, it's something different. Fast reactions, muscle power, etc.--but even those traits don't explain it all.

Again for the long distances--still a bit of a puzzle that Africans reign supreme.

You are delving into a problem when you indulge the word "supreme" and attach it to ethnicity.
Others do the same it ways we might not like

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As in Mongoloid / Jewish IQs reign supreme?

I'm niether East African nor Chinese, yet I see neither of the above things as something I don't like. Well, I guess I'd like it better if it said Whatbox reigns supreme .. oh, nothing in particular, just reigns supreme in general [Cool] .

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Lioness

"Supreme" means "the best". East Africans are the world's best in distance running. And in a situation where all other populations have the same opportunities for training.

So what's wrong with saying that?

quote:
Others do the same [in] ways we might not like
Like, for instance?
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lioness's stuff a good 80% of the time is just dumb trolling.

Anyway.

Where I'm at though, the average person won't make any West East African distinction.

Infact because of its drought & poverty problems Ethiopia very much opitimizes "Africa".

So it's not even necessarily in a distance-running context but usually in a pure speed one that "black African"-fast which is the same if not less than "Ethiopian"-fast (just phrases I've heard) gets heard.

Even if in reality West Africans are outright faster than East Africans (even if this may only be true in general).

Also, Ethiopia is a Mountainous area, I've heard that that is how some explain it. The distance running, that is. Less air, like people who've been up in the Mountains'll tell anyone about.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3ZXqeUO3kU
Ouch!!

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See; Melanin, Nerves, Muscle, and twitch factor.

In short, the higher the melanin content, the stronger and faster signals propagate through the body. Not unlike sending a electronic signal through steel versus a superconductor, which melanin is characterized as.

It explains why black athletes such as Jack Johnson, Ali, Floyd Mayweather, Michael Jordan are superior physical models.

Although the NBA/ABA were once 100% filled with White/Jewish "athletes, today we see none able to compete on the level of blacks.
If you take time to watch one of these old clips of the old Jewish dominated ABA/NBA, the footage is almost laughable they are so pasty (non-melaninated), uncoordinated and non-athletic.
No wonder during the time of jack Johnson, they prohibited the competition between Whites/Jews and blacks.

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are a bunch of girls to think I'm actually opposed to East Africans.

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
European "Super-Man" Cookies

'Black Man' Cookies Are Big in Romania?

Via Gawker: A report that Romania is selling "Black Man" chocolate-flavored cookies. Based on a photo posted in Copyranter, the cookie appears to have coarse hair, closed eyes, a wide nose and big lips. It is sporting a Superman cape with a "B" inscribed on a plate in the front.

This looks like the latest in a long line of consumer products designed to profit from racial stereotypes. Remember Obama Waffles, which were sold by a conservative political forum? And who could forget the Obama Chia Pet?

Not that we expect Europeans to view racial politics and cultural sensitivity the same way we do, but how about having a little respect -- and, perhaps, some common sense?

Come on, a "Black Man" cookie is crazy.

-

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suggest you'll look at this.

Athlete Colin Jackson lets scientists loose on his body and mind to discover the secrets of his amazing talents. He goes into a brain scanner, under a microscope and even jumps out of plane to answer a question that effects us all. Are people like Colin born with superhuman potential and others destined to be couch potatoes? Nature or nurture - what makes us who we are?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-mHQACvZfc

http://video.yandex.ru/users/undz/view/4/

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Whatbox,

Nothing subjective here. I actually looked at the Daegu games and saw that Kenyans, not Ethiopians are the masters of distance running. If you compile all the wins for both groups for the last 10 years you will see that in the professional and amateur distance running Kenyans(population 35 million) have outdone Ethiopians(85 million people) by the ratio of 3 to 1 in 1, 2, 3 finishing.

The Kenyans have dominated anything from 800 metres to marathon in the last 10 years and when the men don't get first place up pop the women and they do. And they are masters of the steeple chase. Nobody can touch them.

I say the hole thing is a puzzle because in West Africa there are lots of gracile people all over the place from the coasts all the way up to the Sahel.

For the sprints it's to be noted that Jamaica with a population of almost 3 million can produce so many top sprinters. Its not about muscles totally either: Usain Bolt is built for the 400 and 800 yet he destroys everybody in the 100. Then you have the white Frenchman LeMaitre who is France's best sprinter--bronze in the finals 100--who is not muscled at all and quite pale in colour. Maybe he's just one of those rare outliers. But the French are fussing over him.

And noteworthy too is black prowess in judo. How to explain that?

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MK is such a stick-in-the-mud!

I think "Black Man" Cookies are GREAT!

See, that's why you Negros will forever be poor - no imagination! Once again a White man has to show you the way - and you still don't get it.

The cape says it all - Niggers are Supermen - make it work FOR you!

-

I'm personally going to look into a line of "Black Man" sex aids for the ladies - a sure winner.

Then "Black Man" nutritional supplements - run like "Bolt".

Then "Black Man" dance studios - get some rhythm in your White ass.

And a "Black Man" escort service - on the QT.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Melanin King,
Those cookies may be some kind of subliminal cannibalism. You know that one way to come to terms with your enemy is to eat him. You acquire his strengths and powers. It could be that blacks are just amazing humans to whites--subconciously.

Maybe what they tell themselves is that despite all that beating we put on them they are still around--unlike Autralian Aboriginese and Native Americans.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lamin - it's not subconscious - ever been to America? Blacks are worshiped for their prowess.
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lamin

No ethnicity has gone through as much Hate, Oppression like Blacks and are still around to talk about it.

Blacks have survived like no others and are still one of the most hospitable people around. Still hear never left. These Black Man cookies is what it is. Something to wonder about. I really don't know if it's a good thing or not the eyes closed is something that is iffy to me.

All you hope is that Unity grows with Blacks and they spread it to other peoples. Blacks and Whites can do SO much together and it just takes people reaching out there Hands, for peace to be promoted.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

See, that's why you Negros will forever be poor - no imagination! Once again a White man has to show you the way - and you still don't get it.

-

I'm personally going to look into a line of "Black Man" sex aids for the ladies - a sure winner.

LOL, I have nothing against the concept itself, IF it were just harmless marketing, but unfortunately, Whites/Jews always have to find a way of messing up a wet dream by drowning it in their own racism and demented psychosis.

For example, does the company also have a "white man" vanilla cookie, and would it find a profitable niche in Europe?

I'd like to see the company's marketing data showing the product's popularity among white males versus females, popularity among different income levels, and I'd LOVE to see the television advertising commercial.

The packaging looks more French than Romanian? Plus, the spelling is in English.

Is that a creamy white filling in the middle?

Mike, the Jews have already beaten you with their "Mandingo" line of black sex aids.

It appears the company is located in Turkey.
Here's a better picture of the packaging.

-

-

Even though it's called the Black man cookie, it is available in either white, milk, or dark chocolate.

Why is White Chocolate White?
Pretty much the same as why black & White Albinos are white.

White chocolate contains no cocoa solids, therefore it contains less theobromine than other chocolates that do have cocoa solids.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

Cagla Food Industry & Trade Ltd.

chocolate manufacturer.

Number of Employees: 101 - 500 People

No. of R&D Staff: 5 - 10 People

Year Established: 1978

Main Markets: North America
South America
Western Europe
Eastern Europe
Eastern Asia
Southeast Asia
Mid East
Africa
Oceania

Total Annual Sales Volume: US$5 Million - US$10 Million

-
Legal Representative/Business Owner: Umut Beyazpinar

Company Website:

http://www.caglacikolata.com/index.php?islem=hakkimizda&lang=eng
 -

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MelaninKing:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

-

LOL, I have nothing against the concept itself, IF it were just harmless marketing, but unfortunately, Whites/Jews always have to find a way of messing up a wet dream by drowning it in their own racism and demented psychosis.

For example, does the company also have a "white man" vanilla cookie, and would it find a profitable niche in Europe?

I'd like to see the company's marketing data showing the product's popularity among white males versus females, popularity among different income levels, and I'd LOVE to see the television advertising commercial.

The packaging looks more French than Romanian? Plus, the spelling is in English.

Is that a creamy white filling in the middle?

Mike, the Jews have already beaten you with their "Mandingo" line of black sex aids.

It appears the company is located in Turkey.
Here's a better picture of the packaging.

-

-

Even though it's called the Black man cookie, it is available in either white, milk, or dark chocolate.

Why is White Chocolate White?
Pretty much the same as why black & White Albinos are white.

White chocolate contains no cocoa solids, therefore it contains less theobromine than other chocolates that do have cocoa solids.

Blacks come in multiple colors. [Wink] jokes aside. You're right, there isn't such thing as white chocolate.

In Holland there was a brand with pastry named: Negerzoen translated as Negro kiss.

A few years ago a Dutch black activist put an end behind it, calling for a ban of such name. It now is called different. I think it's called "sweet kisses" or something like that.

-

There is also another pastry called Moor koppen translated it's Moorish head.

-

In Germany there is a chocolate brand Sarotti-Mohr.

-

http://www.sarottimohr.com/Mohren.htm

There are many examples to be given.

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ish Gebor AKA Troll Patrol

Man Ish. All these chocolate have white filling.

Are they trying to claim White Wash? I believe it's all sublimnal cheapshots but what can I say.

Life ain't easy.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
 -

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the lioness

I hope you know that Eggplant does NOT come in White. I could careless what your pic says.

GOD never made white eggplant. This is man made by people inleague with KILLuminati.

Why even post this?

Peace

Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Brown sugar?

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perahu
On Vacation
Member # 18548

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Perahu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why Negroids are the better runners

But it should be added that West African sprinters are not the best (genetically) for the long range, nor are East Africans the best for sprints. The versatile field is dominated by Europids and Mongolids and extremely long range (Marathon) is rather balanced, if the run goes through hilly areas, Eurasians do better again me thinks.

Negrids have a lower weight and subcutaneous fat on average relative to their muscles, what makes them such good runners too. But without their muscle structure, f.e. progressive Europid males could compete with them easily.
But those West African Negrids were selected for small group sprint hunting rather than large social organisations and big group hunting strategies. That made them more individualistic and sexual oriented (less group plans, easier survival of individuals), more masculine and aggressive (especially males, thats a reason why Negrid females are (so much - females are fit generally better in the liberal Western school system) more successful in a Western school system). Such small group (sprint) hunters wouldnt have won in other regions of the world (f.e. Europe, Arctic hunters) for various reasons, so this specialisation on that would have been disadvantageous elsewhere most likely (bad temperature control, high need for physical energy but at the same time somewhat lower endurance, low group efficiency etc.)
His body type is not that extreme for a Negrid with the exception of his muscles partially and efficiency in short range runs. He is generally not that extreme and rather physically progressive for Negrid standards if its about his head and facial features.

So basically, this West African type was really bred for the sprint and explosive muscle power - its his prime advantage, even the only one if compared with other types.

East African types (Nilotid, Aethiopid) are more leptomorphic build, less muscles, long extremities, whats good for long range in general (with low energy consumption in particular) and typical for mobile groups. An environmental factor for Ethiopia and Kenia is the higher topography - thin air is always good for lung development and on the long run such things are not just modifications, but are also racially selected, which leads to more efficient oxygen use and again a reduction of useless mass (like muscles you dont need - same like in leptomorphic herder types).
Dry heat is another factor which strengthened the same trend.

They have more long muscles, but less muscle and fat mass, an efficient respiratory system, are adapted to higher areas (thin air), leptomorphic build (and rangy) for that and other reasons best in long range runs = East Africans. They dominate in aerobic sports obviously.

West Africans on the other hand have a higher muscle mass, especially a higher percentage of a certain muscle type, but still the body fat and weight is low, the masculine tendency extreme. They are better in anaerobic (especially explosive short time power) sports as long as no constant strong muscle power is needed and long extremities are disadvantageous.

Some sources I found:
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/305/5684/637.summary?rbfvrToken=9e84da1dd1790e5fa002eb22735718b4b75e1e63

Unfortunately no access:

Over the years there have been more than two hundred studies comparing the body composition of athletes, with the work of British physician James M. Tanner the most famous. His The Physique of the Olympic Athlete, published in 1960 after the Rome Olympics, found an ideal body for each sport, although the study noted considerable overlap in types - a classic bell curve. Sprinters were the most muscular. Beginning at 400 meters on up to the marathon, athletes competing in these events were progressively less muscular in the upper body. Long-distance runners were generally small, short-legged, narrow-shouldered, and ectomorphic, or lacking in muscle.

For years it was axiomatic that muscles have two types of fibers - white, or fast-twitch, which were thought to be adapted for power movements, such as leaping or sprinting; and red, or slow-twitch, which were adapted for endurance. Now we know the model is more complicated. There are in fact two different types of fast-twitch fibers, one more metabolically efficient. Whites on average have a higher percentage of slow-twitch fibers than West African blacks who generally have more of both types of fast-twitch fibers.

The West Africans, by a ratio of approximately two to one, had more of the larger fast-twitch fibers. The researchers concluded that the force generating capacity of type-II muscle fibers at high velocity, the speed and tempo of movements, and the capacity of an individual to adapt to exercise training are all genetically influenced.

For aerobic sports:

Noakes's colleague, Bengt Saltin, head of the Muscle Research Institute in Denmark, has come to the conclusion that certain population groups, including Northern Europeans, who are notable endurance runners and cross-country skiers, may have superior fatigue resistance encoded in their genes. He has found that Scandinavian distance runners, Kenyans, and South African blacks all have consistently lower blood-lactate levels and perform more efficiently than athletes from other regions, the likely result of their having evolved in mountainous regions. Population genetics - ancestry - is the key determinant.

Here the authors forgot to mention the different lifestyle their ancestors had, they were more mobile people, usually herder warriors (like East African Aethiopids, original Nordid variants) and of leptomorphic type with longer extremities.

But still leptomorphic Europids are not as specialised:

In a subsequent study Saltin brought several groups of Kenyans to the Karolinska labs in Sweden, where he was then working. Muscle-fiber distribution was similar for the Kenyans and Swedes. But biopsies of the quadricep muscles in the thighs indicated that the Kenyans had more blood-carrying capillaries surrounding the muscle fibers and more mitochondria within the fibers. That's important because mitochondria act a little like power stations, processing the glucose with oxygen brought in by breathing into energy. The Kenyans also were found to have relatively smaller muscle fibers than the Swedes, which Saltin speculated might serve to bring the mitochondria closer to the surrounding capillaries. This process aids in oxidation, bringing more "fuel" to the mitochondria, the engine of the muscles.

They have more of the muscle enzymes that burn fat, and their glycogen reserves are not burned as quickly, which improves endurance.

But in a temperate and even more cold climate, this would lead to too much energy and temperature losses.

Saltin has privately suggested that Kenyans appear to be innately efficient, durable, and fast - with the most perfect aerobic potential measured so far on earth.

The key point is that these biological characteristics are not unique to either West or East African blacks. These characteristics are seen in all populations, including whites. However, based on the limited number of studies available, there seems to be more African Blacks with such characteristics than there are in other populations.

My opinion is that other energy losses and keeping heat were not as important in Subsaharan Negrid Africans than in other groups.

http://run-down.com/guests/je_black_athletes_p2.php

Of course extreme leptomorphy is one sided overspecialisation, and being good at long distance runnings is not enough for being versatile. So like almost always, too extreme is not that desirable, even if advantageous in special circumstances.

Another link:
http://www.jonentine.com/reviews/chi_trib.htm

Posts: 695 | From: وكان المصريون القدماء القوقازين | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Perahu,
The first part of your post is a straight cut and paste from crackpot, J.P. Rushton. Looks like you forgot to paste in some words.

You really know little about pre-modern African sociology. The facts are that poeple lived the group cohesion life in villages that subsisted mainly on agriculture. That's why in most there was no word for cousin. The word for such is "brother" or "sister". Aunts and uncles also play the role of mother and father. In all of this the family structure is "extended" not "nuclear".

And in fact I thought "individualism" is something whites cherish along with "freedom" which is supposed to be the central tenet of modern Western life.

Note too that many West Africans have long extremities which allows them to excel in the triple jump and the high jump.
This year(Daegu) the triple jump was won by a West African transplant from the tiny island speck of Grenada in the Caribbean. And of course, there are the U.S. basketball players with their long legs and arms.

The Tanner Study Debunked:
Usain Bolt the greatest sprinter of all time is not muscled at all. He is tall, lean and has long extremities.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
the lioness

I hope you know that Eggplant does NOT come in White. I could careless what your pic says.

GOD never made white eggplant. This is man made by people inleague with KILLuminati.

Why even post this?

Peace

KING you art mistaken. The eggplant, Solanum melongena, is considered a vegetable but is botanically a fruit. Early varieties of eggplant were smaller and white, resembling eggs, hence the name.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

quote:
Whatbox,

Nothing subjective here. I actually looked at the Daegu games and saw that Kenyans, not Ethiopians are the masters of distance running. If you compile all the wins for both groups for the last 10 years you will see that in the professional and amateur distance running Kenyans(population 35 million) have outdone Ethiopians(85 million people) by the ratio of 3 to 1 in 1, 2, 3 finishing.

The Kenyans have dominated anything from 800 metres to marathon in the last 10 years and when the men don't get first place up pop the women and they do. And they are masters of the steeple chase. Nobody can touch them.

I say the hole thing is a puzzle because in West Africa there are lots of gracile people all over the place from the coasts all the way up to the Sahel.

For the sprints it's to be noted that Jamaica with a population of almost 3 million can produce so many top sprinters. Its not about muscles totally either: Usain Bolt is built for the 400 and 800 yet he destroys everybody in the 100. Then you have the white Frenchman LeMaitre who is France's best sprinter--bronze in the finals 100--who is not muscled at all and quite pale in colour. Maybe he's just one of those rare outliers. But the French are fussing over him.

And noteworthy too is black prowess in judo. How to explain that?

Some things are probably just inexplicable / inexplainable.

quote:
Perahu,
The first part of your post is a straight cut and paste from crackpot, J.P. Rushton. Looks like you forgot to paste in some words.

You really know little about pre-modern African sociology. The facts are that poeple lived the group cohesion life in villages that subsisted mainly on agriculture. That's why in most there was no word for cousin. The word for such is "brother" or "sister". Aunts and uncles also play the role of mother and father. In all of this the family structure is "extended" not "nuclear".

And in fact I thought "individualism" is something whites cherish along with "freedom" which is supposed to be the central tenet of modern Western life.

Note too that many West Africans have long extremities which allows them to excel in the triple jump and the high jump.
This year(Daegu) the triple jump was won by a West African transplant from the tiny island speck of Grenada in the Caribbean. And of course, there are the U.S. basketball players with their long legs and arms.

The Tanner Study Debunked:
Usain Bolt the greatest sprinter of all time is not muscled at all. He is tall, lean and has long extremities.

Yup, another so obviously retarded post by this guy. His intellect appears to be at the level of lioness, Clyde, and crew (I call them the 90%-of-the-Time-Ignores-crew). Mentally noted.

What I'm wondering though is if people with smaller feat are faster or slower. I remember they were often faster as a kid.

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The biannual World Athletic Games held in Daegu, South Korea just closed up. I saw most of it on the television and what was again very obvious is that blacks, who make up approximately 16-17% of the world's population came away with more than 50% of the medals--especially in the track events.

^There is no athletic prowess to black people. Black tend to dominate the short distance sprints but long distance have competition from Eastern Europe and Asia. Black people suck at swimming, skiing, skateboarding, extreme sports, javelin and other areas. Don't forget that it was the Ukrainian women team that won bronze in relay out racing the other black teams and Russia won bronze in 4x400m outsprinting the other black teams. There is no athletic prowess to black people.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
The post was about the IAAF TRACK and FIELD meet. Blacks won most of the medals and that's a fact. Cuba has been impresive in filed events over the years.

You are right about swimming, skiing, etc--but only because blacks don't train in those areas. If they did they would dominate.

You mention lomg distance running. Blacks from Kenya are the masters of these distances with Ethiopia coming in second. The competition from the rest of the world is minimal.

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The post was about the IAAF TRACK and FIELD meet. Blacks won most of the medals and that's a fact. Cuba has been impresive in filed events over the years.

You are right about swimming, skiing, etc--but only because blacks don't train in those areas. If they did they would dominate.

You mention lomg distance running. Blacks from Kenya are the masters of these distances with Ethiopia coming in second. The competition from the rest of the world is minimal.

^Blacks train in swimming and still don't dominate. The long distance runners have stiff competition from Asian and Eastern European countries. I can see a white person beating a black in sprint but don't see a black person beating a white in swimming.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboo:
quote:

^Blacks train in swimming and still don't dominate. The long distance runners have stiff competition from Asian and Eastern European countries. I can see a white person beating a black in sprint but don't see a black person beating a white in swimming.
Swimming doesn't attract lot of blacks, as in sport.

Anyway, do you know who this is?

-

-

-

-

MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:
quote:
quote:

-

-

-

-

Best to ignore BettyBore. Obviously, she is a white boy or a Somali who hasn't even heard of the winners of the long distance marathons.
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
When there's competent training--as someone who follows sports--blacks have been known to rout the white opposition in swimming and chess.

I reading a while back where a black swim team from Pennsylvania(?) U.S. just routinely routed the opposition. It was at school level though. The same with chess.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
it has to do with limb proportions

lol! Funny as ever, and just as dumb. [Razz]
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
European "Super-Man" Cookies

Come on, a "Black Man" cookie is crazy.

-

LMBO! This is too hilarious and ignorant to even get angry at because its obviously not meant to offend anybody and that's the funniest part. Someone could do a great skit on Saturday Night Live with this one. Crazy is not even the word. This is why i keep saying stop expecting Europeans and other people to be some kind of supermen. They are not perfect. They are just human beings with obviously just as much tribal fear of the other as any other place.

they may pretend to be more societally developed but that's the hypocrisy.

(I don't hear a hue and cry about the Tomahawk yielding red skins in U.S. logos either.)
Racism at its best though. And look - it looks like the real superman is a black man. lol!

Oh just noticed. That hair can be cornrows, too - how creative.

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
When there's competent training--as someone who follows sports--blacks have been known to rout the white opposition in swimming and chess.

I reading a while back where a black swim team from Pennsylvania(?) U.S. just routinely routed the opposition. It was at school level though. The same with chess.

They always try to tell us we can't achieve this or that...any!

-

-

Even gangster rapper Biggie Smalls (The Notorious B.I.G.) was a novice chess player who won a few prizes, most don't know.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

-

-

-

Best to ignore BettyBore. Obviously, she is a white boy or a Somali who hasn't even heard of the winners of the long distance marathons.
Could be, even in tennis blacks aren't overall represented. Yet, manage to do very well.

Serena Williams
Born: 26-Sep-1981
Birthplace: Saginaw, MI

Nationality: United States
Executive summary: Winner of 20 Grand Slam titles

Serena Williams is a world-ranked professional tennis player, one of very few African-Americans to dominate that sport. Her sister Venus Williams is also a top-ranked player. Serena is three inches shorter, 25 pounds lighter, and a year younger than Venus. Their father, Richard Williams, has coached and, some say, harangued the girls since childhood -- or even earlier. He says he was watching tennis on TV in 1978, and when he saw how much prize money could be won, he decided on the spot that tennis winnings could be his family's path to success. He started talking his wife -- already the mother of three girls from a previous marriage -- into having more children.

Serena turned professional in 1995, at age 14. By 1997, she was ranked #304 in the world when she defeated two Top 10 players and jumped to #102. She cracked the top 100 in 1998, after defeating #2 Lindsay Davenport in Sydney, and won her first career title at the Open Gaz de France in 1999. A 2003 victory over her sister Venus gave Serena her fourth Grand Slam title in five attempts, but then she injured her knee in the finals at Wimbledon, and was sidelined for eight months. She is the first black woman to win a Grand Slam )

High School: (home schooled)
    University: Fashion Design, Art Institute of Florida

Winner, Wimbledon (mixed doubles) 1998
    Winner, US Open (mixed doubles) 1998
    Winner, French Open (women's doubles) 1999
    Winner, US Open (women's singles) 1999
    Winner, US Open (women's doubles) 1999
    Winner, Wimbledon (women's doubles) 2000
    Winner, Australian Open (women's doubles) 2001
    Winner, French Open (women's singles) 2002
    Winner, US Open (women's singles) 2002
    Winner, Wimbledon (women's singles) 2002
    Winner, Wimbledon (women's doubles) 2002
    Winner, Australian Open (women's singles) 2003
    Winner, Australian Open (women's doubles) 2003
    Winner, Wimbledon (women's singles) 2003
    Winner, Australian Open (women's singles) 2005
    Winner, Australian Open (women's singles) 2007
    Winner, US Open (women's singles) 2008
    Winner, Wimbledon (women's doubles) 2008
    Winner, Australian Open (women's singles) 2009
    Winner, Wimbledon (women's singles) 2009
    Winner, Wimbledon (women's doubles) 2009
    Winner, Wimbledon (women's singles) 2010
    Olympic Gold Medal 2000 (women's doubles tennis)
    Olympic Gold Medal 2008 (women's doubles tennis)
    Associated Press Athlete of the Year (female) 2002
    Mothers Against Drunk Driving National Board of Advisors (2003-05)
    Endorsement of Avon 2002
    Endorsement of McDonald's 2002
    FILMOGRAPHY AS ACTOR
    Hair Show (15-Oct-2004)

Official Website:
http://www.serenawilliams.com/

Copyright ©2011 Soylent Communications

-  -

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Kenyan Sets World Record in Berlin Marathon

-

BERLIN — Not content to cover 26.2 miles in a neat loop, Patrick Makau of Kenya turned the Berlin Marathon into his own personal conga line Sunday while setting a world record of 2 hours 3 minutes 38 seconds.

Just before Mile 17, Makau swung from one side of the flat course to the other, once, twice, three times, then surged. This zigzagging tactic exposed and dropped the previous record holder, Haile Gebrselassie of Ethiopia, who had run 2:03:59 in Berlin in 2008.

The race kept growing more futile for Gebrselassie, who did not finish. He stopped briefly after Makau’s swerving and then again for good just before 22 miles, experiencing a surprise and debilitating flare-up of exercise-induced asthma, his agent said.

Gebrselassie also dropped out of the New York City Marathon after 16 miles last November, citing a knee problem. He briefly retired, then reconsidered, but will again be forced to confront his athletic mortality.

While Makau, 26, became an early men’s favorite at the 2012 London Olympics, Gebrselassie’s stirring international career — considered by many the greatest ever — appears to have reached irreversible decline. At 38, he seems to have set his last world record and surrendered to emerging runners who might soon cover the marathon under 2:03. That time would have been unthinkable a decade ago.

“A new generation is coming that is running very well,” said Makau, who averaged 4:43 per mile and shaved 70 seconds off his previous best of 2:04:48, which was run at the 2010 Rotterdam Marathon.

Not all of the older generation is ready to concede, though. Paula Radcliffe of England, 37, the women’s world-record holder, ran her first marathon in nearly 23 months Sunday after giving birth to her second child and easily qualified for the London Games with a third-place finish in 2:23:46.

In a Kenyan sweep, Florence Kiplagat won the women’s race in 2:19:44 and became half of what may be the world’s best marathoning couple. In April at the Boston Marathon, her husband Moses Mosop (2:03:06) and fellow Kenyan Geoffrey Mutai (2:03:02) both ran faster than Makau’s Berlin time. But the Boston race does not qualify for a world record because of its elevation drop and its failure to meet international requirements for a loop course.

In the Berlin men’s race, six pacemakers formed a V-shaped formation, leading a pack of five elite runners as if they were migrating geese. They stayed on record pace the entire race, with the lead group going through halfway in 1:01:43. By 16.7 miles, the pacemakers were down to two for the only remaining contenders, Makau and Gebrselassie.

Makau then veered from one side of the road to the other three times, with Gebrselassie drafting a step behind him. He thought it might confuse Gebrselassie and also tire him. It did.

“He was trying to use me to maintain the pace,” Makau said. “I decided not to carry anybody.”

Makau then stepped on the accelerator and Gebrselassie could not respond.

“He knew that Gebrselassie was a front runner,” said Makau’s agent, Luis Posso. “Once there was some space, he couldn’t catch up.”

Gebrselassie slowed, then stepped off the course, put his hand on his stomach and bent over, struggling to breathe. He has experienced exercise-induced asthma during his career but not in recent months. In fact, he did not use his inhaler Sunday, said Jos Hermens, Gebrselassie’s agent.

“Maybe he should have taken it,” Hermens said.

Less than a minute later, desperately needing a fast time to preserve any chance at making the Ethiopian Olympic marathon team, Gebrselassie jumped back into the race. One pacemaker, then another, eventually drifted back to assist him, but he stopped again, unable to breathe sufficiently enough to hold his pace. He will probably look to run the Dubai Marathon in January seeking qualification for his fifth Olympics, Hermens said.

“It’s the end of an era, but not the end of Haile,” Hermens said.

By 20 miles, the last pacemaker dropped away, like the booster stage of a rocket. Makau blazed ahead on his own for the final 6.2 miles. In April, he had fallen at the London Marathon but recovered to finish third in 2:05:45. There was no such accident Sunday as Makau ran unimpeded, arms swinging wide, repeatedly blowing his nose, drawing away with a muscular style that made him the fastest marathoner in history.

He might have run a second or two faster, but Makau had to jump over a small advertising placard in his final strides to align himself with the tape at the finish line. One of the pacemakers, Stephen Kwelio Chemlany of Kenya, hung on for second place in 2:07:55, four minutes behind the winner.

“This has been the greatest day of my running life,” Makau said. “When I woke up, my body didn’t feel very good. As the race went on, I felt better. At 25 kilometers (15.5 miles), I felt I could break the world record. It’s a great thing to beat Haile, one of my heroes.”

And, he added later, it was great to beat an Ethiopian, especially one who has set 27 world records, has twice won Olympic gold medals at 10,000 meters and has been a primary challenger to Kenya’s primacy in East African distance running.

“Everyone in Kenya is very happy,” Makau said.

Meanwhile, Gebrselassie was left to consider a career inevitably muted by age. Even for an athlete as remarkable as he has been, there are only a finite number of great races in a runner’s legs.

“Whatever happens, he’s always going to be looked at as probably the greatest male distance runner the world has ever seen,” Radcliffe said of Gebrselassie. “I hope he doesn’t retire, but he’s achieved so much. After some point, you have to say, ‘My body’s probably done with it.’ ”

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Not a lot of blacks are into speed skating. Yet manage to do very well in competition.

Prestigious Awards: Oscar Mathisen Award (2005,2009); Major Taylor Award (2006)
World Ranking:  First (Adelskalendar, since 9 March 2009)

Titles:  Olympic Gold Medalist (2006, 2010); Olympic Silver Medalist (2006, 2010); World Record Holder (Current), 1000m, 1500m, Allround Points; World Allround Champion (2005, 2006); World Sprint Champion (2009); World Champion, 1000m (2007, 2008, 2011), World Champion, 1500m (2004, 2007, 2009);  World Cup 1000m Champion (2006, 2008, 2009, 2010); World Cup 1500m Champion (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)

Shani Davis was born on Friday, August 13, 1982, in Chicago, Illinois. Raised by his mother on the city's south side, he started roller-skating at local rinks at age two. By age three Shani was darting around the roller rink so fast that skate guards would chase him just to ask him to slow down. Seeming to become bored with roller-skating, at age six a coach suggested that Shani switch to ice skating. Shortly thereafter, his mother started working for an attorney, Fred Benjamin, whose son happened to be involved in speed skating at an elite level. It was at that time that Benjamin suggested that Shani give speed skating a try.

Shani joined the Evanston Speedskating Club at age six and within two months started competing locally. Though immediately taking to ice, at competitions Shani was generally more interested in running around with his skating friends and playing video games than he was with competing. Nevertheless, by age 8 he was winning regional age-group competitions and began to hear about the Olympic ideal from his competitors and friends at the Northbrook Speedskating Club. Shani's mother encouraged him to pursue his full potential, and in an effort to build his endurance, woke him most mornings to run a mile on a track close to their home.  As there were -- and still are -- no speed skating clubs in inner city Chicago, at age 10 Shani and his mother moved to the far north side of the city to be closer to the Evanston rink.

"My mom never thought of herself first, and I credit most of my success to her. She continues to manage my career and is always there for me."

Shani won five National Age Group Championships (1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, and 2003) and also won a North American Championship in 1999. Though Shani was the first Black speed skater to earn a spot on the U.S. Olympic Team in 2002, Shani does not concentrate on making Black history. Shani began making skating history at age 17 when he became the first U.S. skater to earn spots on both the short track and long track Junior World Teams and accomplished that feat three years in a row in 2000, 2001 and 2002. At 22, Shani won his third consecutive U.S. All-Around Championship and Regional Qualifier (long track events) and became the first U.S. skater to make all three World Teams in the same season (World Sprint, World All-Around and World Short Track), winning medals at all three events and ultimately winning the 2005 World Allround Championships in Moscow, Russia.  At 23, Shani won Gold and Silver at the 2006 Olympics in Torino, Italy, and also repeated his World All-Around Title in Calgary. In the 2006-2007 season, Shani won world titles in the 1000 meter and 1500 meter events.  The following season (2007-2008) Shani repeated his 1000 meter World Title. The 2008-2009 season saw Shani win his first World Sprint Title in Moscow, Russia, and his third 1500 meter World Title in Vancouver.  In 2009-2010, he broke two world records (1000m and 1500m), won Gold and Silver in the 2010 Olympic Winter Games -- becoming the first speedskater to repeat as Olympic 1000 m Champion -- and he won his third consecutive Overall World Cup Titles in the 1000 and 1500 meters.

Not yet 30, Shani has traveled all over the world competing in Canada, Hungary, Italy, Finland, Poland, Germany, Russia, the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Korea, China and Japan. He is beloved and respected by speedskating fans everywhere he goes, and he even possesses a World Passport.  He is also beloved by people at home, especially in his hometown of Chicago, Illinois, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and even in Washington, DC, where he inspired the creation of Inner City Excellence (I.C.E.), a skating-based youth development program rooted in Olympism that serves hundreds of children each year. 

Having completed the 21st year of his speed skating career and after many stellar performances, Shani looks forward to continuing his pursuit of excellence far into the future.

Personal records

• Distance | Time | Record
  • 500 m | 34.78 |
  • 1000 m | 1:06.42 | Current world record
  • 1500 m | 1:41.04 | Current world record
  • 5000 m | 6:10.49 |
  • 10000 m | 13:05.94 |
  • samalog | 145.742 | Current world record

Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the program on the History channel is anything to go by, about modern humans outperforming Neanderthals in a combat situation, because they would have been more agile due to their tropical body plans vs. the cold adapted stature of Neanderthals, then that might partly be at work here as well. Accordingly, the wider pelvis and shorter limb bones of the Neanderthal would have required more expenditure of energy during running than their modern human counterparts would have. So, in that sense, perhaps the relatively more heat adapted body proportions of athletes of recent African descent impart a slight advantage in agility, i.e. to the exclusion of other steps towards athletic-preparedness.

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

-

-

-

^ I'm familiar with the American swimmer. Lots of blacks are attracted to swimmer and enter swimming clubs, but they just too slow and lack endurance to make it to the top level. There are several American swimmers that are pro but too slow to make it to the Olympics or win national titles.
Ponsford
Member # 20191

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ponsford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anthony Nesty is from Surinam,previously Dutch Guiana.
Posts: 121 | From: Guyana | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com