EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » did the Egyptians act black?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: did the Egyptians act black?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from what you know of the ancient texts and historical records, did the Egyptians act in a black type manner?
Was their behavior black and how black was it?

Lp 2011

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
Coulden't find a working class couple..so I used middle class.

Sure they did even calling non-relatives brother and sister,now picture this duet in some cozy lil underground spot in the Village,Blkyn Or Harlem,the stage is set with a brother on acoustic guitar with a sister by his side both on high chairs blue stage lights hitting the brick wall,but they are not singing they are poetry reading.

1 Sister without Peer

My one, the sister without peer,
The handsomest of all!
She looks like the rising morning star
At the start of a happy year.
Shining bright, fair of skin,
Lovely the look of her eyes,
Sweet the speech of her lips,
She has not a word too much.
Upright neck, shining breast,
Hair true lapis lazuli;
Arms surpassing gold,
Fingers like lotus buds.
Heavy thighs, narrow waist,
Her legs parade her beauty;
With graceful step she treads the ground,
Captures my heart by her movements.
She causes all men's necks
To turn about to see her;
Joy has he whom she embraces,
He is like the first of men!
When she steps outside she seems
Like that the Sun!

2 My Brother Torments My Heart

My brother torments my heart with his voice,
He makes sickness take hold of me;
He is neighbor to my mother's house.
And I cannot go to him!
Mother is right in charging him thus:
"Give up seeing her!"
It pains my heart to think of him,
I am possessed by love of him.
Truly, he is a foolish one,
But I resemble him;
He knows not my wish to embrace him,
Or he would write to my mother.
Brother, I am promised to you
By the golden of women!
Come to me that I see your beauty,
Father, mother will rejoice!
My people will hail you all together,
They will hail you, O my brother!

3 My Heart Flutters Hastily

My heart flutters hastily,
When I think of my love of you;
It lets me not act sensibly,
It leaps from its place.
It lets me not put on a dress,
Nor wrap my scarf around me;
I put no paint upon my eyes,
I'm even not anointed.
"Don't wait, go there," says it to me,
As often as I think of him;
My heart, don't act so stupidly,
Why do you play the fool?
Sit still, the brother comes to you,
And many eyes as well.
Let not the people say of me:
"A woman fallen through love!"
Be steady when you think of him,
My heart, do not flutter!

http://www.humanistictexts.org/egyptlov.htm#Sister Without Peer

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
 -
... now picture this duet in some cozy lil underground spot in the Village,Blkyn Or Harlem,the stage is set with a brother on acoustic guitar with a sister by his side both on high chairs blue stage lights hitting the brick wall,but they are not singing they are poetry reading.

Maybe at bushbaby in Fouta-town, eh AGÜEYBANÁ?
Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the lioness

Let me state Lioness, Of Course the AE acted Black. They were true living Brothers abd sisters.

Brada put it right when he stated the poems. Big Hipped women are Known in the Black community and what follows is Ahem other asspects.

AE lived the Brotherhood better then any other Black community of the time. We also know they wre big on pumping up there ethnicity over others.

What you should ask is, What makes the AE's Non Black.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
they were big on pumping up their ethnicity over others.

What you should ask is, What makes the AE's Non Black.

Peace

The AE's were racist?
Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the lioness

Now Now Girl, I did not say that at all.

If anything they were ethnocentric. They emphasized KMT as the Men of Men.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lioness the Kemities were not racist but as king pointed out they were certainly ethnocentric like most people...hell even Jamaicans whose only major influence on the world is through music and culture are ethnocentric..there used to be a popular chant in Intl games that goes something like this
WE ARE JAMAICANS WHO ARE YOU!!
Now that's coming form a lil Island that could fit quite easily in the ass end of Florida.. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
what ethnicity were the Egyptians ethnocentric about?
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Anyone who was not Kemetian.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Anyone who was not Kemetian.

so there wasn't a concept of black unity with people like the Nubians?
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Who were the "Nubians"??
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Now that's coming form a lil Island that could fit quite easily in the ass end of Florida..
 - You nuh easy atall.....

-

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'less you forget and keep the sidestep

quote:
the lioness

What makes the AE's Non Black?

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
'less you forget and keep the sidestep

quote:
the lioness

What makes the AE's Non Black?

there's no such thing as black

or white

these terms were made up so people can play games

-

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
So why you asked if the Egyptians act black? what kinda black were you asking about? you see you started playing  - and got yourself pawned.. [Big Grin]
the Iioness,
Member # 19312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Iioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what the hell is "acting" black?
Posts: 558 | From: forum | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black origin culture man. [Cool]
Posts: 525 | From: Terra | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
so there wasn't a concept of black unity with people like the Nubians?

Some. There were different clicks. It all depend on what click you rollin' wit.

In all seriousness, all Nubians, for Nub nu (Gold city) was a city in Kemet. And even if your "Nubia" refers to the region today straddling the border of Egypt and Sudan, this is where Kemet started out at and constantly took Princes and Queen mothers from, so the answer "all Nubians" stands for them as well. See, "Nefertari Prophesy".

I have a feeling though, your Nubians refers to Southerners typically not considered Egyptians, all collectively referred to as Nehhesu, like the Medjai and Kushites. Well, traditional enemies of Egypt could include Southerners, "Libyans" (folks to their West, and Asiatics (South West Asians). At times for instance the Medjay were enemies, during others they were a bow-specializing millitary unit of Kemet.

I think during a period in time the name Kemet extended to the general Nehesu, though I'm not quite sure how far this went geographically speaking.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Whatbox you got it, I know she go it that's why decide to be a no show.

All those who drank from the Nile

http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=egyto&action=display&thread=500
see here.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
So why you asked if the Egyptians act black? what kinda black were you asking about?

If you don't know you better aks somebody
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Lioness I ax you!! are you saying you are a NOoo body?? [Big Grin]
If you don't know you better aks somebody

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Just bringing a pic (I've seen before) from a thread into what I feels a less meaningless one.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^^^ good evidence that the Egyptians acted black, thanks.
Look at Ramses, he has the screw face expression. You can see that carries on to the present day
 -

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The kinship of Egypt and Africa
“Now the Ethiopians, as historians relate, were the first of all men… They say also that the Egyptians are colonist sent out by the Ethiopians, Osiris having been the leader of the colony… and add the larger part of the customs of the Egyptians are, they hold, Ethiopian, the colonists still preserving their ancient manners. For instance, the belief that their kings are gods, the very special attention which they pay their burials and many other matters of a similar nature are Ethiopian practices, while the shapes of their statues and the forms of their letters are Ethiopian.” Diodorus of Sicily.

Diodorus drew is account most from the books of Agarharchides of Cnidus and the geographer Artemidoros of Ephesos, as well as from certain other historians whose homes were in Egypt. Diodorus corroborated these written accounts, he says, by conversing with Egyptians priests during his stay in Egypt and by consulting “with not a few ambassadors from Ethiopia… who were then in Egypt.” On the strength of these inquiries, Diodoros confidently concluded that Agatharchides, Artemidoros, and the rest had been “accurate in all they written.”

Many archaeology, anthropology, and linguistics show that may key aspects of Egyptians culture were indeed brought up from the south by migrating African colonists. The Afro-Asiatic language from which the Egyptian language descended almost certainly came from the south. Joseph Greenberg pointed to Ethiopia as the homeland of this ancestral language. Another linguist, Christopher Ehret, concluded that Afro-asiatic speakers lived on a strip of land stretching along the red sea coast all the way from Nubia to northern Somalia. Also, this territory seems to encompass the fabled land of punt, lending support of the theory that punt was the ancestral homeland of some of the Egyptians’ ancestors. Ehret believes that a group of Afro-asiatic speakers left their homeland between 12,000 and 10,000 B.C. and migrated north into Egypt. Archaeologists have confirmed that early settlers from this region brought many of the skills, customs, and beliefs from which Egyptian civilization was built.

In ancient Egypt, the king was not supposed to reign unless he was in good health. Originally, when his strength declined, he was really put to death. Many African societies would put their kings to death when they showed signs of weakness or old age. For example, the king of the varozwe, a Shona people of Zimbabwe was strangled to death as soon as his hair began to gray, his teeth to fall out, his sight to fail, or his sexual potency to dimishish. A 16th century Portuguese traveler named J.Dos Santos recorded a similar customs of the kings of Sofala. He wrote “it was formerly the custom of the king of this land to commit suicide by taking poison when any disaster or natural physical defect fell upon them, such as impotence, infectious disease, the loss of their front teeth, by which they were disfigured, or any other deformity or affliction.”

Most importantly ancient Egyptians are known for their mummies. In fact, African people did mummify their dead, much like the Egyptians. Some would smoke dry their deceased kings, warp their bodies in cloth, and keep them at hand unburied, for years at a time. Often the internal organs would be removed, as in Egyptians mummies. When Sonni Ali, the emperor of Songhai, died in 1492, for example, his sons gutted his body and filled it with honey.
Ancestor worship provides another cultural link between Egypt and the rest of Africa. Most African peoples impute to the souls of dead ancestors a godlike ability to bring good or bad fortune to living. Ancestral spirits, for that reason, are placated with rich offering and elaborate rituals to want thier favor. The souls of dead kings, in particular, are revered for their power and wisdom. In Uganda, kings are believed to continue watching over their people long after death. Special temples are built through which their spirits can be consulted for advice.

Egyptian regilion reveals its African roots in many other respects as well. Greek and roman writers expressed shock at the menagerie of cats, snakes, donkeys, birds, crocodiles, beetles, hippopotami, cattle, and baboons that populated the Egyptian pantheon. Yet, animal god remain, to this day, a characteristics features of many African cults. Like so many other Africans, the Egyptians wore masks and animals’ tails during religious rites and used hand clapping in their festivals. Egyptian boys and girls were subjected to circumcisions, possibly as a rite passages to adulthood. Male and female circumcision remains, to this day, a widespread practice throughout Africa.

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Kenndo great^ info but wasted here, for rest assured this is a throw away thread,Lioness want to know if the Kemites(the Blacks) acted liked modern blks lets say like AAs so it's a question of culture than looks at this point, that's why I made use of that poetry above.
1 like AAs the Kemites called non relatives brothers and sisters.
2 Like AAs they sported Afros,Dread locs,shave heads,the women wore hair weave made from hair of Asiatic women. used Bees wax for
 -
The best clue comes from Egyptian wigs," says Taylor. "The hair is
often coated with beeswax." Such wigs, which have been found in
Egyptian tombs, would have been expensive and probably restricted
to the nobility, says McCreesh.

Read more: http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=egyto&action=display&thread=861#ixzz1YkYtcmqO

3.Like Black men almost universal,we like that our women with some junk in their trunks(Phat Ass) not Fat Ass.
4.Like us they loved watermelon,bird,okra,beans,goat,beer and wine.
5.Like us they had mad game see the poem above the singer D Angelo could make that in a remix no problem.
6. they had attitude take for instance this scene when the brotherman at the top began to outsourcing good paying jobs to them Greeks, 200,000 of just them up N bounced.

Now it happened, that on one occasion the garrisons were not relieved during the space of three years; the soldiers, therefore, at the end of that time, consulted together, and having determined by common consent to revolt, marched away towards Ethiopia.
Psammetichus, informed of the movement, set out in pursuit, and coming up with them, besought them with many words not to desert the gods of their country, nor abandon their wives and children.
"Nay, but," said one of the deserters with an unseemly gesture, ( He grabbed his croatch a very blk thang to do..like saying theez nutz) "wherever we go, we are sure enough of finding wives and children."
Arrived in Ethiopia, they placed themselves at the disposal of the king.

HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump

--------------------
"Kiaga Nata"

Posts: 200 | From: Akahara | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com