EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Racial Psychology : study notes for cassiterides (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Racial Psychology : study notes for cassiterides
element
Member # 19569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for element     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cassiterides made a comment about how rare it is to see a black women with her natural hair . He also posted a link to Arthur kemps march of the titans article.

http://marchofthetitans.com/blog/?p=21

I was surprised to hear this from cassiterides as this is a very private & controversial subject.

This is my perspective..

The images will speak for themselves.

-

-

-

The brands are owned by Revlon,Loreal,Ponds or Emani

Ponds skin whitening cream advert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tRasuTtMJo&feature=related

skin whitening for asian men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kqd9zaI698&feature=related

-

-

Do you think barack obama would have been elected with an afro , braids or dreadlocks?

Posts: 149 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness is a guy IRL
cassiterides banned yet again
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness is a guy IRL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL at the first photo.

The box says ''African pride''?

How can Blacks have pride when they are artifically straightening their hair so they can look like whites? Its self-hate not pride.

Posts: 2408 | From: My mother's basement | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least he is catching on ie "Blacks" He! He! He! Check Mate! Now it’s time to move on.

What's this a Freudian slip? Next you would be saying the AEians are Black Africans. ie Blacks born in Africa.

You know what. . .I think you are a closet Afro-centric.

quote:
Originally posted by XXXX:
LOL at the first photo.

How can Blacks have pride when they are artifically straightening their hair so they can look like whites? Its self-hate not pride.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a stupid thread.

How is Afro Hair only confined to black people and how are blacks the only people to straighten their hair.

Caucasians with Red Hair have the thickest hair of all whites, here is what many of their hair looks like in its natural state..

-

-

-

-

-

-

So if Hair=adaption or in Cas-shitty's case race why are the Epitomy of a cold adapted Human, a Red Head, exibiting a hair type found among Tropical Humans.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Africans have different hair types. The idea that AA who perm their hair want to look white is unfounded. How do you know these women don't want to look Asian or Native Americans, as these are the people world famous for long Silky hair that is the envy of even white women.

And LOL, at people who think blacks are the only ones buying Perms, Weaves and extensions. White Women are notorious for butying it. and LAstly majoirity of whitehair is not even "Straight" but Stingy and thin and frizzled in its natural state..

-

-

You can see the real state or texture of White Hair when European males grow their hair long, it looks like horrible.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-busoY7yRUG8/Tjp6zuRG89I/AAAAAAAAAGo/dk_vnjzy9V0/s1600/hairstyle+long+hair+man+8.jpg

http://ui03.gamespot.com/258/longhairgeek.jpg

-
^^^^^
Look at this stringy tangled thin excuse for hair. Looks like a mangy dog.

Was it not the Chinese who called Europeans "Dog People" when they first arrived in China.

This is the Hair that women including 99% of White Women want to Emulate..

-

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness is a guy IRL
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness is a guy IRL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
How is Afro Hair only confined to black people and how are blacks the only people to straighten their hair.

Ulotrichous (wooly) haired races -

Capoids
Negroids
Negrillos (African Pygmy)*
Negritos (Asian Pygmy)*

*The racial origins and classification of the Pygmies is still disputed.

These are the only wooly haired races.

Caucasoids and Mongoloids are not wooly-haired.

quote:
Caucasians with Red Hair have the thickest hair of all whites, here is what many of their hair looks like in its natural state.
One of those has artifical hair texture. However the others are curly haired not wooly.

See diagram again -

-

Curly hair is not wooly. This is something the Afronuts never can accept.

Posts: 2408 | From: My mother's basement | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by cassiterides:
[QUOTE]

Blah Blah

These are the only wooly haired races.

Caucasoids and Mongoloids are not wooly-haired.

quote:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
African have always had pride in long hair..

These Hairstyles are far more interesting and beautiful than some long stingy haired mangy European style..

-

-

-

-

-

element
Member # 19569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for element     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Jari

I dont know where you from but it's rare to see a black women with natural hair in the western world. Its alarmingly disproportionate in the uk.

Curly hair is not unique but it's only black children who are being targeted with harmful kiddie relaxer products. Their is no product researched ,marketed at non white children..

My family is Jamaican & theirs a racial component & it's projected & passed from mother to daughter.
Black men dont have hair issues..

Ive also noticed many african families starting to wig & weave really young children.

Asian, native americans have never had the same profile,promotion or elevation as a standard of beauty throught history in the western world.

It's undeniable that self hate is still prevalant.

Posts: 149 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Here is the problem. Majority of Black Women whom I know and interact with don't want to look like white women. Most black women have variations of style only seen on black women..

Alot of these styles embrace shorter hair

What most AA women hairstyle look like..

http://thirstyroots.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Black-Hair-Styles-in-1990%E2%80%99s.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UG29bHh29C0/TgQqN1_8yyI/AAAAAAAAACU/Z7EUp4t0kZc/s100/Short+Black+Hair+Styles.jpg

http://hairstyles.free-beauty-tips.com/images/b1.jpg

When black women grow their hair long, or straighten it or get extensions etc, it has nothing to do with being white.

Are there black women who want to be White, of course, but these people are few and far between. Majority of Blacks DO NOT...want to be a white person. If anything blacks want to be "Mixed" or Lightskinned with black features. If anything African Americans have a facination with the Mixed look.

And about this natural look, black people do not have a set look or hairstyle. Some of Us are not even from West or Central Africa but from East Africa and Madagascar, some of Our ancestors had straight and wavy hair.

And I don't see wanting to looked Mixed as Self Hate. Is there "Self HAte" Yes, but its not what Cash-itty is trying to make it. There are very few black people who desire the Stingy Dog hair that most whites including Ca-shitty has. and BTW My Dad is a Mulatto, Mulatto blacks are and have been a vital part of the Black Community. Some Mulattos want to be "Blacker" and are sometimes the most Anti-White, Pro Black members of the community. I personally can't stand most Mulatto men, but the women are a different story.

I can only speak for my community, maybe in Jamaica yall are running around wanting stringy dog-piss hair instead of the beautiful Afro hair the Most high gave you.

Damn, as a teen I always wanted a Afro, Dreads, and Braids... I would never want some thin dog-piss hair.

Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fact is most black women have been conditioned to prefer hairstyles that don't reflect their hair type.

I struggle to see how this basically means black women want to be white or don't love themselves.

Posts: 525 | From: Terra | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -
Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yada yada.

I find it funny that in order to speak on the issue and help buttress the claim of the preponderance of this sentiment, they feel the need to not only show a picture of a woman who relaxed her hair, but then show a guy with a low hair cut next to versions of them with unkempt unruly (at least with the woman) hair grown out shortly . While were I choosing pictures to illustrate that point I agree that the popularity of those two styles are the way I'd go in terms of illustrative pics, however I also think if this is both that profound and pervasive, then why would that be necessary? In a way, at least; another obvious way of looking at it would yield the rhetort that it is perhaps because it is so common that people otherwise would not notice or think of it, or perhaps to illustrate this to outsiders, or perhaps that not enough people are aware of it.

Anywho, one has to ask imo at which point - which at this point in time depending on where you go you will find natural grown hair more common but typically these people either have money i.e. are higher class or don't i.e. are lower and don't really care as much as higher lower class and low to middle middle class people do - do these hairstyles, i.e., various perms, the fade, & lowcut, become simply habitual / traditional?

At the same time I have noticed it (the hair thing, the natural hair reluctance), and plenty of other blacks have noticed it and even become annoyed by it (possibly they barely thought of changing up and saw the resistance they were previously naive to and interpreted as extreme). And it's not just a certain type, a.k.a. the high class, of black person that notices it, but one from any class or place.

And so, I've gone places, just out (and about) and encountered individuals at least half or in the majority, with grown out natural hair, in a formal proffessional (white collar workplace) setting (so, not at all low-class), and have also travelled, such as to big cities such as New York (you even see it in the commercials nowdays, not so uncommon whatsoever) and seen plenty of people walking around with their hair in all kinds of styles, oblivious to gay queefs for threads (like this), chipper, just going on about their business happy as can be (apparently, at least for that moment).

So I ask again, at what point is it just habit? And why is it habit -- it is possible that it is one that may not necessarily fade away, as others have; prior eras saw fros, braids, and shaved heads fade in and out of style, and for some of those, back in (while all of those still exist in the spare individual). It's possibly for a reason, such as that fros are harder to tame, and like why spend more time on your hair than on other things, if there's an area with which you can be relatively lazy, and plenty of females say they like short hair, then, why the funkadelics not? I do remember at a younger age in earliest elementry school and pretty much throughout it (mostly white, we'd moved from somewhere but it was preschool and also I think had mostly whites) being asked "why is your hair bald" (fades equated to bald back then for them) at a very young age (small child), and subsequently not preferring to get it cut real low, but as I've grown I've overheard comments of growner and grown WHITE women saying they liked the faded haircuts on black dudes and actually in general like guys' short haircuts, although growing up a lot were oblivious to this practice, which is understandable when you consider the popularity of the fade, combined with how short it is juxtaposed with the average volume / size of the white male head's hair.

Oh yeah, and my very first thought: another possible reason why this is so would be obvious. Considering black people's recent status and position compared to whites, would one really expect the opposite? I mean how retarded is that question (they ask on the [linked] site), when you really apply a single brain-cell and a half to think of it?

Here are random videos, one of a Rapper's view on the subject, another just a random video of someone with that hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2AL_uA-EqY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVAjsLQ0hKg

By the way, sortof back in the context of the status of blacks (who at one time couldn't have hair like that period and do certain things) and whites thing I just mentioned two lines ago: whites weren't even allowed (without harrassment, physical and otherwise) to wear their wild hair-dos in places like schools and stuff until a couple decades ago when the 'wild' rockers wildly up and did it, to put the question in further perspective.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Damn, as a teen I always wanted a Afro, Dreads, and Braids... I would never want some thin dog-piss hair.

lol, I permed my head twice, the results were like (in front of the mirror) wtf, !, it was funny, ... but then I liked it .. but did not want to keep it.

I'm no CattWiliams I guess.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The truth is that black women no longer like their own natural hair. It isn't a fad. It is something that has been passed down as a tradition from generation to generation. Black women teach their children to scald themselves straightening their hair at a young age. This has been going on for quite a while. However, even as late as the 80s, most girls and women looked down on other black women who wore extensions in their hair. It was a subject of scorn and ridicule. But all of that changed within the last 20 years or so to the point where now you have to count the number of women who are not wearing fake hair. It doesn't make absolutely any sense for 20 year olds to be wearing fake hair, even in afro styles. But that is common in America today.

And now it is spreading all over. Even women in Africa are doing it.

Yes, it has to do with standards of white beauty. If all the models, actresses and personalities on TV were black with Afros and most of the people in the beauty ADS and in the fashion shows, this wouldn't be an issue. But because the standard of beauty in the world has been defined around a European paradigm, straight blonde hair has become a standard of beauty.

This European standard of beauty was forced on African Americans because of the history in America where nappy hair was degraded and derided by the larger white society. During slavery, ironically, nobody really cared what the hair looked like. But once slavery ended and blacks began trying to integrate and assimilate, this really took effect. The conditioning comes from the fact that when black women went to get jobs they wanted to look "non threatening" and appealing to white men. And of course curly Afro hair was not what most white men wanted to see. Hence, the trend towards straightening the hair. Not only in jobs but in society in general, Afro textured hair was looked down upon initially by the larger white society and then by black society trying to "fit in" with white standards of beauty.

As a result of this being passed down from generation to generation, now people just do it automatically as if it is normal for blacks to straighten their hair. And so some people think that it isn't a "white thing" but in reality it is. The same goes for Africa, where 50 years ago you hardly saw straightened hair as opposed to some sort of braided hair, Afro or some other African hairstyle. But now, they are imitating the hairstyles of the Afro-Americans due to the influence of Afro-American culture in the media. The same thing is going on in the black communities of Europe as well.

The point is that it has gotten to the point where black women are literally destroying their hair in order to follow non natural beauty trends. No other people on earth go as far to adopt unnatural standards of beauty.

http://gma.yahoo.com/hair-extensions-beauty-trend-dangerous-beauty-192152597.html

You can go to youtube and find hundreds of videos of women who have had their hair damaged due to trying to wear extensions and weaves. And not only on you tube but all over the net. But black women still continue to destroy their hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyqRfMbYDJ8

http://atlantapost.com/2011/04/19/exploring-the-connection-between-black-women-braids-weaves-and-hair-loss/
(because they braid their hair under the weave)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDxkrjT2r20&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInclELTFt8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-UmWVcYFRM&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIWKlOcASrQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62kT43h73HM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly, it's just mind control [Big Grin]
Posts: 525 | From: Terra | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
LOL at the first photo.

I can't stand this dude but he's right when it comes to the straightening of the hair - there is no reason why we should be straightening out hair for nothing!!! Perms kill our hair; period!!!
Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness is a guy IRL
Member # 18409

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by element:

It's undeniable that self hate is still prevalant. [/QB]

Because wooly hair is hideous. Black children even choose white dolls with long straight hair over their own race dolls.
the lioness is a guy IRL
Member # 18409

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Horus G:
Exactly, it's just mind control [Big Grin]

Nope it isn't because in parts of Africa where no whites are, blacks are artifically straightening their hair. Hair straighteners sell as much in Africa than in Europe or America.

People just need to accept Negroid phenotypic traits are ugly. This has nothing to do with racism. All races are different in beauty.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Ancient Egyptians imported hair from Asiatics too, as well as often (both sexes) shaved their heads and wore wigs, though not all (such as soldiery and certain other types).

-

-

-

-

This:

-

was more rare an exception, and even in these cases women had wigs (afro wigs, or braided hair wigs made from "african hair").

Doug: was it because Indiana Jones cracked the wip on them too? Or what?

What happened?

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Whatbox, stop stop, stop... honestly it's not neccessary [Big Grin]
Whatbox
Member # 10819

quote:
Nope it isn't because in parts of Africa where no whites are, blacks are artifically straightening their hair. Hair straighteners sell as much in Africa than in Europe or America.

People just need to accept Negroid phenotypic traits are ugly.

Mmm, I just doubt it. That last part.

It could very well be though that straighter hair is seen as feminine.

Perhaps the opposite is so of nappy hair though.

Women do like the black guys after all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsNVWe7EzUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kkXogn8Oeo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQ7_B81ydA&feature=related

What Attracts white women to black men by Youtuber "bigblackJohnson"

By the way:

What Black guys and Asian girls have in common.

j/k [Big Grin]

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Whatbox:
Ancient Egyptians imported hair from Asiatics too, as well as often (both sexes) shaved their heads and wore wigs, though not all (such as soldiery and certain other types).

-

-

-

-

This:

-

was more rare an exception, and even in these cases women had wigs (afro wigs, or braided hair wigs made from "african hair").

What happened?

Wearing a wig is not the same as burning your hair with hot combs and chemicals or applying weaves and extensions that destroy the hair. And the wigs you see were most often for the elites and not necessarily for the everyday folks. And the wigs were in Afro Styles that could also be done with natural hair.

-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24332240@N03/4258113924/in/set-72157618669698385

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRlQEmumk5s

They weren't wearing "non African" or European looking wigs.

- http://www.flickr.com/photos/annaberthold/2677325326/sizes/l/in/photostream/

The fact is that Africans invented hair care, body adornment and cosmetics. That does not change the fact that in the world today the beauty industry is dominated by a European beauty ideal that causes many women to do unnatural things to meet that ideal. Ancient Egypt is not America and what happened in America over the last 200 years was in no shape or form connected with the culture of ancient Egypt.

Black women all over the world have all sorts of hair, from straight to curly and so forth. They don't need to imitate whites to be beautiful. Heck, the most popular weaves and hair extensions often come from Indian women..... who are often black themselves.

PDF research on what "good hair" is for black women:
http://www.pasocsociety.org/bellinger.pdf

Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya'll don't get it.

I take my vaulable time and post significant information on Stockholm Syndrome and it's more advanced form Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome (PTSS), and you haven't absorbed a word.

If guess you figure that PTSS is only relative to Africans who have experienced slavery, but it's not. Albinos have been even more scarred by PTSS symptoms, since they have been emerged in slavery for a much longer interval than blacks.

Short term expose to captivity leaves it's victims in a state of emulating their captors, explaining why Albinos tan excessively, and blacks (most women) lighten their skin and straighten their hair. Symptoms effect women at a greater degree because they really are, psychologically, the weaker sex.
Albinos researchers and planners understand the above, which explains why they hire black women and not black men, and why the majority of their corporate product marketing focuses on black females versus males.

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
quote:
 -

And the wigs were in Afro Styles that could also be done with natural hair.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4258113924_f998750021_b.jpg

True dat, I've seen them before (a plethora), and it makes me to wonder if those Asiatic servents were at all wearing wigs. I doubt they were.

Actually though, I thought I mentioned in my own very post that they wore wigs made of Africoid hair. It's just that I also mentioned that they shaved their heads, wore these wigs, and then also traded with / imported hair from the Asiatics.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
 -

And the wigs were in Afro Styles that could also be done with natural hair.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4258113924_f998750021_b.jpg

True dat, I've seen them before (a plethora), and it makes me to wonder if those Asiatic servents were at all wearing wigs. I doubt they were.

Actually though, I thought I mentioned in my own very post that they wore wigs made of Africoid hair. It's just that I also mentioned that they shaved their heads, wore these wigs, and then also traded with / imported hair from the Asiatics.

You said
quote:

What happened?

Implying that somehow the hair practices of the ancient Egyptians was equivalent to that of black Americans.
element
Member # 19569

I think the usa has had a major influence on promoting the unnatural through its musical superstars..They can also play out roles in their videos.

we have Beyonce, Rhianna ,Tina turner, whitney houston, chaka khan, Mary j blige ,Lauren hill, Diana ross,Janet jackson.

I couldn't find many natural images of the above but this is made me smile.

Aretha franklin.14th century strasbourg moor?

-

Dark skinned women are also neglected for lighter skin in hip hop videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=wW_Vtp-JzV4&gl=US

Racial psychology: study notes for cassiterides black history month.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look I am not sure about the hair relaxer thing after all that's a mainly female thing but all women like to fuk with their hair some braid it,bald it color it,weave it,perm it,curl it, wig it,locs it..but only the black woman who got scolded for it,why is that??
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

quote:
You said
quote:

What happened?

Implying that somehow the hair practices of the ancient Egyptians was equivalent to that of black Americans.
No, it's more the reverse, that our practices are like theirs.

I was just pointing out that I'm on the side that doesn't see hair style as definitive proof of how big your head / ego is blown up, nor do I see that as that important an issue to maintain.

To each his own, though.

Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Whatbox...stop...leave this sort of thing for real life [Big Grin]

-

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-
 -

-

-

-

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tanning Salon and Melanoma

-

-

-

Melanoma

-

-

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

-

-

-

-

This:

-

What happened?

Wearing a wig is not the same as burning your hair with hot combs and chemicals or applying weaves and extensions that destroy the hair. And the wigs you see were most often for the elites and not necessarily for the everyday folks. And the wigs were in Afro Styles that could also be done with natural hair.

-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24332240@N03/4258113924/in/set-72157618669698385

- http://www.flickr.com/photos/annaberthold/2677325326/sizes/l/in/photostream/

The fact is that Africans invented hair care, body adornment and cosmetics. That does not change the fact that in the world today the beauty industry is dominated by a European beauty ideal that causes many women to do unnatural things to meet that ideal. Ancient Egypt is not America and what happened in America over the last 200 years was in no shape or form connected with the culture of ancient Egypt.

Black women all over the world have all sorts of hair, from straight to curly and so forth. They don't need to imitate whites to be beautiful. Heck, the most popular weaves and hair extensions often come from Indian women..... who are often black themselves.

PDF research on what "good hair" is for black women:
http://www.pasocsociety.org/bellinger.pdf

All tha long flowing HAIR... . . it's just pharoahmones... [Big Grin] :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWwxCGghRAw&feature=related

Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ancient African females like the one featured here beat their modern counterparts to it, in sporting the long straight hair look:

-

This was long before these Africans even knew Europeans existed.

Another way to lengthen the hair, was to braid hair into thin long locks...again, long before these Africans knew anything such as Europeans existed:

-

-

So, when "Black" females straighten their own natural hair, they are merely following a long tradition of treating hair. It is no more anomalous than European females treating their hair and stylizing it, including braiding it.

It's been a ball to see apologies or excuses being made for how "Black" females treat their hair. [Smile]

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put this in another thread by accident earlier; I just real-eyesed this.... [Smile] however, I won't ask unu to forgive the duplicity:

http://artemissousa.glogster.com/naturalwoman/

^ click!

quote:

NATURAL WOMAN

When was the last time you felt the warm scalp of a woman
Run your fingers through her hair
Twisted her natural locks through your fingers
Or walked your fingers through the rows of braids
Just like walking through fields of corn

When did you see the true beauty of your African Woman?
Or saw a flawless dark skin?
Or kissed her natural plump lips?

From the days of slavery black women were told “You gotta have hair like “Massa” ,
Don't want no nappy haired black as sin gal in the house”
The beautiful black women were kept in the cotton fields
While those that had lighter skin,
The products of the slave masters were kept as house slaves
If your hair was long and straight, without a natural crinkle it was your bonus,
a passport to heaven,
a ticket to the illusion of freedom

Now, I hardly see an original black woman
They all seem to have become Chinese, Indian and European
Flicking about hair that is not their own
That may be from a horse, a yak or plastic factory
Afraid to show their natural beauty
Afraid because their men have been conditioned to think that a perfect woman has straight hair and fair skin
Afraid because their sisters would laugh and tease them for their tight curls

Wake up!
Have you ever really looked at the beauty of a black woman, all natural and dark?
They way her teeth and eyes sparkle in contrast to her skin
The way her hair feels soft like the ends of an ear of corn
Or woolly like that of a new born lamb
Twisting and curling itself through your fingers
True feelings exploding through the shaft of natural hair

Men! Treat a natural woman with respect
Women! rise up for the natural woman who dared
For her inner strength and inner pride have made her able to go against the norm
To show her true self
Just the way God made her-----------------
Perfect
A beautiful black woman

-
Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
Tanning Salon and Melanoma

-

-

-

Melanoma

-

-

Tanning, the idealization of black beauty!
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
quote:

Ancient African females like the one featured here beat their modern counterparts to it, in sporting the long straight hair look:

-

Another way to lengthen the hair, was to braid hair into thin long locks...again, long before these Africans knew anything such as Europeans existed:

-

-

So, when "Black" females straighten their own natural hair, they are merely following a long tradition of treating hair. It is no more anomalous than European females treating their hair and stylizing it, including braiding it.

It's been a ball to see apologies or excuses being made for how "Black" females treat their hair. [Smile]

Africans brought to America were not wearing their hair like this 300 years ago. African Americans more often than not wore their hair in natural styles or braided for most of their history. And the origin of hair decoration predates even Egypt in the interior of Africa. Of course Africans invented hair decoration and treatment. That isn't the point.

The history of hair straightening in America has nothing to do with Egypt or Africa in general. Hot hair combs are specifically an African American development and along with that came the concept of chemical relaxers, which again are a strictly African American development. Both of these were created specifically to allow black women to have the straight hair that was seen as preferred and desired by the larger society: white society. The issue is that these processes have destructive and painful side effects with the weaves that are currently in style being the most destructive. Yes, hair treatments and even hair weaving originated in Africa, but those treatments were more than likely not destructive like these current practices. And it makes no sense to deny the documented history of the history of hair preference and the domination of European beauty standards on the African American hair care industry.

The ancient Egyptians wore wigs and weaves. But they were not second/third class citizens in a foreign land subjected to abuse and mistreatment by a larger society of non black people with different standards of beauty that were against natural African beauty.
quote:

Origins

3,400 B.C. is roughly the first documentation or proof of hair weaves. The Egyptians weren't fans of any body hair, minus their heads. They wore extravagant wigs, sewn-on hairpieces and braids.

Materials

The first hair-weaves were bought or traded human hair mixed with dyed sheep's wool. The Egyptians used resin, braids and beeswax to attach the extensions.

Misconceptions

Typically, when you think of hair weaves and decorative wigs, you picture women having the most elaborate hair pieces. However, in Egyptian times, men's hair weaves outshone the ladies (see Resources).

Function

The reason that wigs and hair extensions were so popular in ancient Egypt was because of the diversity. They wore bright blue, red and gold wigs, along with the traditional black. Hair lice also helped it become popular. Many Egyptians kept their hair cropped and bodies shaved to prevent any insect infestation.

Read more: Where Did the Hair Weaving Technique Originate? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5015053_did-hair-weaving-technique-originate.html#ixzz1b9esKRLA

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5015053_did-hair-weaving-technique-originate.html

http://theweavebar.blogspot.com/2010/10/origins-of-human-hair-weaves-ancient.html

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Thank you, the first intelligent post Ive seen so far, thank you Explorer.

Noted these same people bitching about AA wanting to look "white" by relaxing their hair will claim straight hair is an African Trait when the topic turns to Horn of Africans and Black Berbers and Egyptian Mummies..

[Roll Eyes]

quote:
Originally posted by The Explorer:
quote:

-

-

-

element
Member # 19569

"Do not remove the kinks from your hair--remove them from your brain" .... Marcus Mosiah Garvey 1887-1940

Part two of the 20 minute complexion obsession documentary has a white doll black doll test.. check the hairstyle of the black doll at 5.07..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZrxXnsMEIM&NR=1

African pride history month

-

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Please show me any group of blacks anywhere on the planet outside those with naturally straight hair who ever treated their hair to make it look like this:

-

-

Those aren't even close to this:
 -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/carsten_tb/5907960059/in/set-72157627129389380/

-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/historian77/3714972980/
But also note that their hair is somewhat straight to begin with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-textured_hair

The only group I can say that has done this to some degree that I know of is the Fulani:
 -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53529808@N06/5813365631/

And note the comment from the flickr page:
quote:

Many black women all over the world sew, braid and glue fake hair to their real hair. Many hide their textured curls by putting chemicals and heat mechanisms to enable hair to stay down. Recently, a friend of mine began to feel ashamed of her dependence on synthetic hair. She thought that she was subconsciously trying to make herself look more European, and that this was a bad thing. As I tried to convince her to ignore her worries, I showed her pictures of Fulani women who have using foreign objects in their hair to adorn themselves for centuries. This was proof that just because a black woman changes her hair texture, color or style, this does not necessarily mean that she is trying mimicking European hair.

And my only comment is that the processes used by the ancient Egyptians(shaved heads/wigs), Africans (braiding, natural treatments) and others is that they weren't destroying their hair by using chemicals and burning to achieve their hairstyles. They used natural processes to achieve those looks. That is totally the opposite of the destructive methods African Americans have been using since the times of C. J. Walker and maybe even before. There is no proof that Fulani women's hair is being destroyed by these hairstyles and many Fulani have straighter hair to begin with.

-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/babasteve/4986235318/

But it isn't like below either.

Straight hair for people with naturally curly hair is only 100 years old. It isn't some ancient Egyptian recipe. Sorry.

This is strictly an African American development:
 -
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:AMHS-10.jpg

Especially when their hair naturally looks like this:
 -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/unpleasantpheasant/5916566066/in/photostream

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^^
The People who have their hair like that are a god damn minority in the AA community.

A google search of AA hairstyles shows what most AA hairstyles look like..MAJORITY A short or Curly hairstyles that embrace the natural hair of AA women.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=kjrmc&cp=22&gs_id=2d&xhr=t&q=african+american+hairstyles&tok=3icKiJrj48AgM3OI6AsnMQ&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1090 &bih=706&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Majority of AA women hairstyles are like this..

-

-

-

So this makes me wonder if any of you trying to bash AA's as being self haters even live round AA people.

and Please spare me, All of Africa was colonized except Ethiopia and Liberia, so how do you know this facination with "White" hair and features did not come from that. North Africans, Somalis and Ethiopians etc are notoriously racist against so called "Bantus", something that was not present before European and Arab/Persian influence, Are we to blame AA for this behavior as well. ...??

Are we to blame AA for the Tutsi/Hutu genocide?? What about in India, are we to blame that on AA as well.

Majority of AA women running around with their hair like that are either mixed or creole.

get real..

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Images of large groups of AA people

-

-

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__sevVxB2Yy4/TA9T309fP1I/AAAAAAAAAFE/hJw5FybDOAg/s1600/Brittany's+JBC+pix.jpg [/img]

http://tell.toledo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/phpJX2pK4thumb.jpg

http://progress-index.com/polopoly_fs/1.866343!/image/1811003945.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/1811003945.jpg

-

http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2006/06/19/ba_juneteenth159pg.jpg

http://blogs.roanoke.com/communitycurrent/files/2011/06/cw_juneteenth6.jpg

-

http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocregister/lead/ln0ge5-b78811223z.120110618170432000g65104gp6.1.jpg

http://media.nola.com/east-jefferson/photo/9787643-large.jpg

-

what majority of AA women hairstyles look like...

Where are all these Black AA women trying to look white???

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
^^^^
The People who have their hair like that are a god damn minority in the AA community.

A google search of AA hairstyles shows what most AA hairstyles look like..MAJORITY A short or Curly hairstyles that embrace the natural hair of AA women.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=kjrmc&cp=22&gs_id=2d&xhr=t&q=african+american+hairstyles&tok=3icKiJrj48AgM3OI6AsnMQ&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1090 &bih=706&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Majority of AA women hairstyles are like this..

-

-

-

So this makes me wonder if any of you trying to bash AA's as being self haters even live round AA people.

and Please spare me, All of Africa was colonized except Ethiopia and Liberia, so how do you know this facination with "White" hair and features did not come from that. North Africans, Somalis and Ethiopians etc are notoriously racist against so called "Bantus", something that was not present before European and Arab/Persian influence, Are we to blame AA for this behavior as well. ...??

Are we to blame AA for the Tutsi/Hutu genocide?? What about in India, are we to blame that on AA as well.

Majority of AA women running around with their hair like that are either mixed or creole.

get real..

Which of the 3 are wearing their own hair in a natural style?

Like I said earlier, the use of weaves and extensions in AA society has risen in the last 20 years and is now very prevalent, on top of the perming and relaxing that was always common.

My point is that the processes used to create the styles are destructive to the woman's head.

Please show me anywhere on the planet or in Ancient Egypt where they used destructive means to achieve such hair styles. Shaving the head is not necessarily destructive. Weaving other peoples hair or fake hair is also not necessarily destructive either. However, the processes used for African American hair are destructive and this is because of the history of the American hair care industry.

Africans didn't have chemical relaxers and perms even 500 years ago. And African hair as well as black peoples hair all over the world vary in texture, so they style it all kinds of ways. That fact doesn't make the African American methods and styles any less destructive on their hair.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member

WTF, All of those styles look nothing like a Hair Style worn by White Women or non black women, so what is your point. Africans have always changed their hair styles that look nothing like their natural state..yet retain an obvious African style..

-

-

-

http://www.onlinenigeria.com/fulani%20woman2.jpg

blog

-

Like I said earlier, the use of weaves and extensions in AA society has risen in the last 20 years and is now very prevalent, on top of the perming and relaxing that was always common

All women of all races use weaves and extensions and majority of AA that use such get styles that embrace black hair. Majority The ones who get their hair straight do not do so to emulate white women but Mixed black women. As I said White Women do not have straight hair but Thin, stingy hair, Asain women are the ones who have "Silky" straight hair. White Women perm and staighten their hair t emulate Asians.

Please show me anywhere on the planet or in Ancient Egypt where they used destructive means to achieve such hair styles.

Again majority of AA are not perming their hair enmasse for the very reason that it damages black hair. Majority of AA get braids or wear weaves, not Perms.

Shaving the head is not necessarily destructive. Weaving other peoples hair or fake hair is also not necessarily destructive either. However, the processes used for African American hair are destructive and this is because of the history of the American hair care industry.

Read above, majority of AA wear extensions, Weaves or Braids not Perms, and Im not a woman so I can't comment on why the ones who perm their hair do so. Even then Majotiry of AA who get Perms get a style that is worn by Black Women only, not to emulate white women.

Africans didn't have chemical relaxers and perms even 500 years ago. And African hair as well as black peoples hair all over the world vary in texture, so they style it all kinds of ways. That fact doesn't make the African American methods and styles any less destructive on their hair.

As I said Africans were colonized and subjugated as well. Your blabbering that AA introduced Perming and Skin Lightening to Africans is unfounded. Step into Somalia, North Africa and even some SSA nations and you will find Blacks hating on other Blacks who appear more Bantu. No where in our History have AA genocided other AA who appear more Bantu, that was an African thing.

You Africans have your own self hate issiues that have nothing to do with AA's.

You only bash AA because we are an easy target.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:

WTF, All of those styles look nothing like a Hair Style worn by White Women or non black women, so what is your point. Africans have always changed their hair styles that look nothing like their natural state..yet retain an obvious African style..

-

-

-

http://www.onlinenigeria.com/fulani%20woman2.jpg

blog

-

Like I said earlier, the use of weaves and extensions in AA society has risen in the last 20 years and is now very prevalent, on top of the perming and relaxing that was always common

All women of all races use weaves and extensions and majority of AA that use such get styles that embrace black hair. Majority The ones who get their hair straight do not do so to emulate white women but Mixed black women. As I said White Women do not have straight hair but Thin, stingy hair, Asain women are the ones who have "Silky" straight hair. White Women perm and staighten their hair t emulate Asians.

Please show me anywhere on the planet or in Ancient Egypt where they used destructive means to achieve such hair styles.

Again majority of AA are not perming their hair enmasse for the very reason that it damages black hair. Majority of AA get braids or wear weaves, not Perms.

Shaving the head is not necessarily destructive. Weaving other peoples hair or fake hair is also not necessarily destructive either. However, the processes used for African American hair are destructive and this is because of the history of the American hair care industry.

Read above, majority of AA wear extensions, Weaves or Braids not Perms, and Im not a woman so I can't comment on why the ones who perm their hair do so. Even then Majotiry of AA who get Perms get a style that is worn by Black Women only, not to emulate white women.

As I said Africans were colonized and subjugated as well. Your blabbering that AA introduced Perming and Skin Lightening to Africans is unfounded. Step into Somalia, North Africa and even some SSA nations and you will find Blacks hating on other Blacks who appear more Bantu. No where in our History have AA genocided other AA who appear more Bantu, that was an African thing.

You Africans have your own self hate issiues that have nothing to do with AA's.

You only bash AA because we are an easy target.

Jari, the way African Americans treat their hair is not the way Africans treat their hair and is certainly not the way the ancient Egyptians did it.

You said it yourself. Therefore, comparing the history, culture and circumstances of African Americans and their hair treatment to Africa or Egypt makes no sense. They aren't the same. In the American historical development of hair styles and treatment, race is most definitely an issue and trying to deny or downplay it makes no sense. Now today's African American women may not think of it that way, but that does not change the history or development of chemical processes and heat treatments for African American hair which only really came about 100 years ago and are definitely rooted in the history of racism in this country.

I am talking of the social and cultural history of the way hair is treated among African Americans and you are claiming it is purely simply Africans being creative........ and race has nothing to do with it. Right.

It doesnt make sense to compare AA hairstyles to African hairstyles, especially since those you posted are 100% natural. And none of those hair styles match the popular styles of African American hair and weaves.

Please show me where any of those Africans had to go through any sort of special chemical process or have weaves and extensions applied to have those looks. They didn't. And that is the point. All Africans don't have the same hair texture and therefore the same hair styles. I already acknowledged this. But that doesn't make the hairstyles and processes used by African Americans "natural". Chemical relaxers and straightening combs are not "natural".

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^
All of this and you still have not proven that majority of AA walk around with hair styles trying to emulate White women. And on the damaging effects of Perming, Well what do you think AA did before Perms and staightening was invented?? Nothing you have posted proves majority of AA want to look like white women, if anything it would be an insult to majority of AA to say they want to emulate white women.

Is there any European influence on AA vanity abd beauty standards, Yes....I mean AA have been living around European people for almost 400+ years, what do you expect. However any influence of Europeans on AA is greatly retuned. European Americans are a bunch of cultureless Sponges who go around emulating different peoples. Even the southern Drawl so cherished and characteristic of White Southerners was heavily influenced by AA speak and so called "Ebonics". From Music to Dress to Accents and culture AA have influenced whites, so please spare me on this "Self Hate" b.s

You and the others would never claim whites who go around saying "Naw" "Summa-Bitch" Naa I aint goin do nuthin" "We's Aint" Uhhh-Huh...etc have "Self Hate"...

You won't say a white person playing Jazz and Rock and Roll has self hate..

And how do you know if Perming and Staightening Chemicals had been invented that A. Egyptians and Berbers etc would not have used them back in the day. If anything its Africans esp. Somalis, Ethiopians and Latino/Hispanic Blacks who run around with their Hair like Whites and Meztizo/White Spanish women.

I would bet money if you went to African Communities esp. Horners, North Africans, and Nilotics and Latino/Hispanic blacks and asked them what color they are majority would give you any and every other color except black and many would claim to be Jews, Arabs, Spainards, White, Indian/Native America anything besides and African. While majotiry probaly 90% of AA even the Mixed ones would claim to be black.
As I said you Africans have your own issiues and hatred against Bantu looking Africans esp. In North Africa and the Horn, blame yourselves and your colonial and subjugated history by Europeans not AA's.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
^^^
All of this and you still have not proven that majority of AA walk around with hair styles trying to emulate White women. And on the damaging effects of Perming, Well what do you think AA did before Perms and staightening was invented?? Nothing you have posted proves majority of AA want to look like white women, if anything it would be an insult to majority of AA to say they want to emulate white women.

Is there any European influence on AA vanity abd beauty standards, Yes....I mean AA have been living around European people for almost 400+ years, what do you expect. However any influence of Europeans on AA is greatly retuned. European Americans are a bunch of cultureless Sponges who go around emulating different peoples. Even the southern Drawl so cherished and characteristic of White Southerners was heavily influenced by AA speak and so called "Ebonics". From Music to Dress to Accents and culture AA have influenced whites, so please spare me on this "Self Hate" b.s

You and the others would never claim whites who go around saying "Naw" "Summa-Bitch" Naa I aint goin do nuthin" "We's Aint" Uhhh-Huh...etc have "Self Hate"...

And how do you know if Perming and Staightening Chemicals had been invented that A. Egyptians and Berbers etc would not have used them back in the day. If anything its Africans esp. Somalis, Ethiopians and Latino/Hispanic Blacks who run around with their Hair like Whites and Meztizo/White Spanish women.

I would bet money if you went to African Communities esp. Horners, North Africans, and Nilotics and Latino/Hispanic blacks and asked them what color they are majority would give you any and every other color except black and many would claim to be Jews, Arabs, Spainards, White, Indian/Native America anything besides and African. While majotiry probaly 90% of AA even the Mixed ones would claim to be black.
As I said you Africans have your own issiues and hatred against Bantu looking Africans esp. In North Africa and the Horn, blame yourselves and your colonial and subjugated history by Europeans not AA's.

Jari, I said the styles of African American hair are a byproduct of American racism and a European standard of beauty. And yes, that is the root of why black women in America spend so much money on chemicals and treatments to alter their hair. That is not an "ancient Egyptian" tradition, even if weaves and wigs originated in Africa.

Show me some Africans who ever processed their hair to make it look like this:
 -

What hairstyles were the Africans wearing in West Africa before they were brought to the Americas? Certainly not anything like what you see today.

The point is that you are deying that the African American hair styling phenomenon is a recent trend driven primarily by the development of chemicals and processes to treat African American hair and make it straight. It is not an ancient African process. You have not disproven this and it is that process that is destructive.

Bottom line, the question is why don't black women wear their hair the way it came out of their mommy's tummy? And if you get to the bottom of that then you will see where I am correct. You don't spend billions of dollars treating and processing something that you like as it is naturally. Sorry, just because some black women have deep seated issues of denial, that doesn't mean subconsciously that self-hatred isn't a core issue.

Purely an American phenomenon:
quote:

Hair relaxing is a type of lotion or cream which makes hair less curly and easier to straighten by chemically "relaxing" the natural curls.

Alkaline relaxers were informally discovered in the United States during the 19th century when Garrett Augustus Morgan, an African-American, observed that it is possible to change the basic structure of the hair shaft when certain chemicals penetrate the cortical layer.

As a clothing manufacturer, Morgan experimented with a liquid that gave sewing machine needles a high polish and prevented the needle from scorching fabric as it sewed. Accidentally, he discovered that this liquid not only straightened fabric but also hair. He made the liquid into a cream and began the G.A. Morgan Hair Refining Company.

In addition, Morgan also made a black hair oil dye and a curved-tooth iron comb in 1910, to straighten hair.

With the proceeds made from Garrett Morgan’s hair refining company, he funded other projects that lead to his invention of the gas mask, traffic signal and, before his death, a self extinguishing cigarette.

http://www.blackamericaweb.com/?q=articles/news/the_black_diaspora_news/13308

-
Garret Morgan (note the hair)
quote:

Morgan's first employment in Cleveland was as a sewing-machine repairman, and within a short time he acquired and managed his own shop. It was during this time, or so legend has it, that Morgan wiped his hands, which were covered with a lubricant used for the machines, on a bit of wooly cloth. When he returned to the shop the next day, the cloth was smooth. Interested in replicating this result, he experimented on a neighbor's Airedale dog, whose hair became so smooth that its owner "drove the cur from his house," not recognizing his own pet. Satisfied with his experiment, Morgan tried the same preparation on his own hair, and thus was born G.A. Morgan's Hair Refiner. From this preparation Morgan evolved a wide line of hair products, such that a few years later he could rightly claim to offer "the only complete line of hair preparations in the world."

-
http://www.ric.edu/faculty/rpotter/morgan.html

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
You keep ducking and dodging the point. The Point is that majority of AA don't want to look white. And any European influence on AA beauty standards is minute. AA women want to look mixed with black features. Plain and Simple.

Also I showed you large groups of AA's and majority don't have Perms majority wear Weaves or extensions.

Also How the hell do you know if Perming Chemecals had not been invented in the B.C era or Middle Ages that Africans like the Berbers and Egyptians would not have used them. Majority of Mixed Africans break their necks to deny or disown their African lineage unlike AA's many whom will be Red Haired and colored Eyed and will be the most racist anti white blacks in our community. You have African women running around in Burkas and Veils from Arab Influence and Africans going around tracing some minute Arab and Jewish Lineage speaking Arabic and facing Mecca 5 times a day, so how the hell do you know if some of these Africans would not have used Perms and Chemicals back in those days??

Ill say it for the 3rd time many Africans have a problem with Bantu looking Africans esp. In North Africa and the Horn and the Nile Valley. You people have been Subject to Eurasian people for thousands of years, walking around Praying to a Rock in Mecca 5 times a day and discriminating against Bantu Africans.

Go talk about your own self hate issiues and bootlicking history and subjugation in your own lands. Stop trying to paint AA as Self Haters or trying to put your facination with Skin Bleach on the hands of AA's..

Look in the Mirror bub..

quote:
quote:
^^^

Jari, I said the styles of African American hair are a byproduct of American racism and a European standard of beauty. And yes, that is the root of why black women in America spend so much money on chemicals and treatments to alter their hair. That is not an "ancient Egyptian" tradition, even if weaves and wigs originated in Africa.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
You keep ducking and dodging the point. The Point is that majority of AA don't want to look white. And any European influence on AA beauty standards is minute. AA women want to look mixed with black features. Plain and Simple.

Also I showed you large groups of AA's and majority don't have Perms majority wear Weaves or extensions.

Also How the hell do you know if Perming Chemecals had not been invented in the B.C era or Middle Ages that Africans like the Berbers and Egyptians would not have used them. You have African women running around in Burkas and Veils from Arab Influence and Africans going around tracing some minute Arab and Jewish Lineage speaking Arabic and facing Mecca 5 times a day, so how the hell do you know if some of these Africans would not have used Perms and Chemicals back in those days??

Ill say it for the 3rd time many Africans have a problem with Bantu looking Africans esp. In North Africa and the Horn and the Nile Valley. You people have been Subject to Eurasian people for thousands of years, walking around Praying to a Rock in Mecca 5 times a day and discriminating against Bantu Africans.

Go talk about your own self hate issiues and bootlicking history and subjugation in your own lands. Stop trying to paint AA as Self Haters or trying to put your facination with Skin Bleach on the hands of AA's..

Look in the Mirror bub..

quote:
quote:
^^^

Please stop with the rhetorical questions and face facts. Africans who were brought to America were not wearing their hair this way. They used natural processes on their hair, including braiding. They were not straightening it.

You simply are making a non argument. Africans in Africa never straightened their hair the way African Americans do, using heat or chemicals. Africans with straighter hair wore styles that showcased that natural hair texture. Ancient Egyptians wore wigs, which means they didn't alter their own hair or they used extensions. Show me an ancient Egyptian hair style that looks like those straightened styles found on African Americans. You wont find any. But if you do it is primarily because many Nile Valley people have hair that is naturally straighter than others.

At this point you are simply going against history to make an argument that makes absolutely no sense.

Why? Because you haven't shown where these artificially permed and relaxed styles of hair were ever found in West Africa or ancient Egypt at any point in history before Africans got to America.

the lioness is a guy IRL
Member # 18409

Rate Member
quote:

Especially when their hair naturally looks like this:
 -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/unpleasantpheasant/5916566066/in/photostream [/QB]

Virtually none of them want that though.

Blacks hate their natural wooly hair texture and they crave straight long hair like whites.

Black children still choose white dolls e.g. the long haired blonde barbie dolls over their own race.

It is nothing more than self-hate. Most afrocentrics however on this forum are in denial of this.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com