EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » MIKE111,QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE AMERICAN MOUND BUILDERS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MIKE111,QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE AMERICAN MOUND BUILDERS
kikuyu22
Member # 19561

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kikuyu22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did they predate the Ice Age Asian migration from Siberia over the Siberian landbridge?
Were they connected with the Olmecs who I understand were in place before 3000 bc?
Was there one main migration or a series of population movements?
Were they a central organised polity or basically individual occasionally hostile tribal groups?
So far,I've read their skull types were SSA,Australoid and Melanasian and I'm trying to piece together the wider picture

Posts: 433 | From: nairobi | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kikuyu22 - Excellent questions: and as usual, because Blacks have left this type of research to Whites, there really is no clear cut answer.

My own opinion, is that they were different populations, possibly arriving from different places and at different times.

This is a map of the authenticated remains in the America. Note, these are NOT the oldest finds, some others go back to perhaps 40-50 K B.C.

-

Link to the study.
http://www.realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Data/Cranial_morphology_of_early_Americans.htm

Seminoles of Florida are probably the oldest in the U.S. But unlike the Mississippians, they were not mound builders - that I know of.

-

The Mississippians were mound builders and they ranged all over the central U.S. To me, mound builders are the same, or related to, pyramid builders. These ranged from Peru to Northern U.S.

To me these people were undoubtedly Africans, I won't hazard a guess as to how they got there. But look at the evidence.

-  -

-  -

To me, those artifacts scream AFRICA!

Whereas, to me, the look of the people west of the Mississippi is more Polynesian - just my opinion.

-

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Continued:

When it comes to the Tsimshia of Canada, I have no clue.

-  -

Could they be related to these Mongols?

-  -

I haven't a clue!

More here.

http://www.realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Americas/US_and_Canada.htm

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Continued:

The Olmec, by phenotype appear to be west/central African, assuming - NOT safely - that everyone is in the areas where they originated.

-

By phenotype, the Peruvians appear to be Polynesians.

-

Whereas the Aztec and Maya - because of their prominent noses, don't really seem to match up with any modern populations that I know of.

To complicate matters even more. Look closely at the Maya hair, I used to think that it was straight hair, but looking more closely, it appears to be Dreads.

-

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
kikuyu22 - Just to screw with your head some more:

This is an Olmec:

-

This is a modern Ethiopian.

-

There is a string of pyramid cultures in Africa, which follow a long dried up waterway stretching from East Africa to West Africa.

-

-

-

Africans DEFINITELY had boats that could cross the Atlantic.

Compare the Pinta:

66 feet long and with a width of 23 feet - carried 26 men.

-

King Khufu's ship 3,000 B.C.

143 ft. in length

-

kikuyu22
Member # 19561

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kikuyu22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
kikuyu22 - Excellent questions: and as usual, because Blacks have left this type of research to Whites, there really is no clear cut answer.

My own opinion, is that they were different populations, possibly arriving from different places and at different times.

This is a map of the authenticated remains in the America. Note, these are NOT the oldest finds, some others go back to perhaps 40-50 K B.C.

-

Link to the study.
http://www.realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Data/Cranial_morphology_of_early_Americans.htm

Seminoles of Florida are probably the oldest in the U.S. But unlike the Mississippians, they were not mound builders - that I know of.

-

The Mississippians were mound builders and they ranged all over the central U.S. To me, mound builders are the same, or related to, pyramid builders. These ranged from Peru to Northern U.S.

To me these people were undoubtedly Africans, I won't hazard a guess as to how they got there. But look at the evidence.

-  -

-  -

To me, those artifacts scream AFRICA!

Whereas, to me, the look of the people west of the Mississippi is more Polynesian - just my opinion.

-

-

Hmmm.....for the time being,given the evidence it seems we'll have to accept that though they were black,they were of different types.
Posts: 433 | From: nairobi | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kikuyu22
Member # 19561

Rate Member
Mike111,I've just been looking at some videos about the mound builders and some conclusions are clear:
-these guys weren't nomadic Khoisan type wanderers
-it appears the mounds were an inextricable segment of an increasingly urbanised culture;the largest mound at poverty point is suspected to be a religious centre.
For those unaware,look at the size!
quote:

Poverty Point combines mounds with an aspect of ancient Rome Ð an amphitheatre.Ê Consisting of concentric ridges 5-10 feet high and 150 wide, the construction has a diameter of 3Ú4 of a mile, five times the diameter of the Colosseum in Rome.Ê The ridges were built with 530,000 cubic yards of earth (over 35 times the cubic amount of the Great Pyramid of Giza). ÊOf the earth mounds, one has a base of 700 feet by 800 feet and is 70 feet high.Ê It is shaped like a bird.
http://www.crystalinks.com/pyrnorthamerica.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM6XdbYqX00&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLA41FC6D171638D66
Whether they were mixed groups of Africoids or single tribes its increasingly obvious they were an extremely significant population in early America.
One can only wonder where there cultural trajectory would have reached had it not been interrupted by the 'discovery' of America.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com