EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Urgent! - copyright is disappearing all!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Urgent! - copyright is disappearing all!
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for malibudusul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I typed "Ranefer" in google images

and appeared this message

"Due to a complaint we received under the U.S. law Digital Millennium Copyright Act (Copyright Act Digital Millennium) 1 result (s) were removed from this page. To read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal, go ChillingEffects.org."

copyright It is damaging our work
research

"copyright" The real goal is censorship?

Save all
on your computer

Buy an external hard drive
1TB, 2TB... (terabyte)

Posts: 2922 | From: World Empire of the Black People | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malibudusul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The second step should be
censoring the forums
somehow really
the forums are already
censored because whites
rule the forums
and always expel us.

therefore
need to do a forum our.

Posts: 2922 | From: World Empire of the Black People | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malibudusul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wikipedia will be offline
protest

http://catonsville.patch.com/articles/poll-how-will-you-survive-the-wednesday-wikipedia-blackout-cd4bc6f7

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah if they can't get you one way with SOPA now stalled in Congress, they will get you another way.. some of the elders once said freedom ain't free,btw whatever happened to wiki leaks??

quote:
forums are already
censored because whites
rule the forums
and always expel us.

therefore
need to do a forum our.

That part is on you if you like or can't stay from racist or white dominated forums to make your argument.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google is currently Getting the messege out on SOPA, lets hope it does'nt pass.
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asante-Korton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Megaupload Shut down

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16642369

quote:
Megaupload, one of the internet's largest file-sharing sites, has been shut down by officials in the US.

The site's founders have been charged with violating piracy laws.

Federal prosecutors have accused it of costing copyright holders more than $500m (£320m) in lost revenue. The firm says it was diligent in responding to complaints about pirated material.

Investigators denied a link to recent protests against proposed piracy laws, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The US Justice Department said that Megaupload's two co-founders Kim Dotcom, formerly known as Kim Schmitz, and Mathias Ortmann were arrested in Auckland, New Zealand along with two other employees of the business at the request of US officials. It added that three other defendants were still at large.

"This action is among the largest criminal copyright cases ever brought by the United States and directly targets the misuse of a public content storage and distribution site to commit and facilitate intellectual property crime," said a statement posted on its website.
Third-party sites

The charges included copyright infringement, conspiracies to commit racketeering, copyright infringement and money laundering.

A federal court in Virginia ordered that 18 domain names associated with the Hong Kong-based firm be seized.

The Justice Department said that more than 20 search warrants had been executed in nine countries, and that approximately $50m in assets had been seized.

It claimed that the accused pursued a business model designed to promote the uploading of copyrighted works.

"The conspirators allegedly paid users whom they specifically knew uploaded infringing content and publicised their links to users throughout the world," a statement said.

"By actively supporting the use of third-party linking sites to publicise infringing content, the conspirators did not need to publicise such content on the Megaupload site. Instead, the indictment alleges that the conspirators manipulated the perception of content available on their servers by not providing a public search function on the Megaupload site and by not including popular infringing content on the publicly available lists of top content downloaded by its users."

Before it was shut down the site posted a statement saying the allegations against it were "grotesquely overblown".

"The fact is that the vast majority of Mega's internet traffic is legitimate, and we are here to stay," it added.

"If the content industry would like to take advantage of our popularity, we are happy to enter into a dialogue. We have some good ideas. Please get in touch."
Blackouts

The announcement came a day after thousands of websites took part in a "blackout" to protest against the Stop Online Piracy Act (Sopa) and the Protect Intellectual Property Act (Pipa).

The US Chamber of Commerce has defendend the proposed laws saying that enforcement agencies "lack the tools" to effectively apply existing intellectual property laws to the digital world.

Industry watchers suggest this latest move may feed into the wider debate.

"Neither of the bills are close to being passed - they need further revision - but it appears that officials are able to use existing tools to go after a business alleged to be inducing piracy," said Gartner's media distribution expert Mike McGuire.

"It begs the question that if you can find and arrest people who are suspected to be involved in piracy using existing laws, then why introduce further regulations which are US-only and potentially damaging."

Posts: 1064 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is absurd, how does the U.S have the authority to take action on individuals abroad.
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Megaupload is considered a “cyberlocker,” in which users can upload and transfer files that are too large to send by email. Such sites can have perfectly legitimate uses. But the Motion Picture Association of America, which has campaigned for a crackdown on piracy, estimated that the vast majority of content being shared on Megaupload was in violation of copyright laws.
Read more: http://techland.time.com/2012/01/19/feds-shut-down-megaupload-com-file-sharing-website/#ixzz1jyR2OP1h

The Crazy part is the Motion Picture Industry has been doing well, so what gives. They think they can stop bootlegging, fat chance.

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asante-Korton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think whats even more wierd is that swizz beatz was found to be the CEO of megaupload

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2012/01/megaupload_swizz_beats.php

Posts: 1064 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Anonymous Striking back against the Gov. in retaliation for Megaupload takedown.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd8UWnJ2KLE&feature=g-u-u&context=G26d82b1FUAAAAAAAAAA

Things are getting exciting..

I guess the Maya were right afterall, Sh#t is going down in 2012!!

Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was way ahead of the OP, Wikipedia et al. who protested yesterday or recently, in zeroing in on internet censorship associated with "copyright" laws and measures:

Back in July 2011, I brought up this otherwise little known topic, which essentially went unnoticed:

Internet Censorship getting Stronger than Ever?

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What came first, copywrite infringement, also known as piracy to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars a year, or potential censorship in some form?

Is Hollywood and maybe other artists all lying about piracy? They may be. I don't know.

Would anyone here want to have a copywrite and have someone else make money while you lose it? Well maybe the product is overpriced? Does that justify infringement? What's more important, yapping on the internet about sometimes meaningless stuff, or the world economy being made a shambles by those who know how to do it? Lots of easy conclusions to draw ain't it.

Article above:

"The fact is that the vast majority of Mega's internet traffic is legitimate, and we are here to stay," it added.

Sounds good with the 'vast''. So is this an admission of wrongdoing on Megaupload's part?

Speculating: the 'vast' may represent 3 billion a year. What does the less than vast represent: 500 million a year? Chump change ain't it. I'm sure they, whoever that may be, can afford to lose it; for a musician just make another song no one wants.

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Dude, you realize that the internet as we know it thrives on some form of "Piracy", even the website of the person who proposed this very bill had Pirated material.

Second, don't be fooled Hollywood is doing the best in years, this is simply a way for Hollywood to use the gov. to knock out competition, Cronie Capitalism. The fact of the matter is most people BUY official videos and music.

The U.S gov. has no right to be policing the internet. I don't wanna sound rude, but its the older generation such as yours and the folks making these laws in Congress and the House that are ruining something they don't understand.

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
''Dude, you realize that the internet as we know it thrives on some form of "Piracy", even the website of the person who proposed this very bill had Pirated material.''

Well I'm sure the piracy *has been* tolerated until it got out of hand according to those who see that way.

''Second, don't be fooled Hollywood is doing the best in years, this is simply a way for Hollywood to use the gov. to knock out competition, Cronie Capitalism. The fact of the matter is most people BUY official videos and music.''

I do agree the vast majority of people probably do buy material. I do.

''The U.S gov. has no right to be policing the internet. I don't wanna sound rude, but its the older generation such as yours and the folks making these laws in Congress and the House that are ruining something they don't understand.''

And Obama stepped in and said wait a minute, let's think this through.

While I'm in sympathy with you on the older folks need to be leave somethings alone, conversely, couldn't this be a reason why the older folks have gotten involved because of younger folks who can't be trusted? This website, and others, notwithstanding?

Recall my comment many months back about my generation in the late 60s and early 70s saying don't trust anyone over 30. The implication was I think, if you're 30 and over, you must be out of college and working for or in the system somewhere, that is business... of any kind. Do you see what I mean.

The fact is when things get out of control then it brings ''unwanted'' eyes into the picture.

I'm just letting you see the other side in terms of why it comes down this way to another's dislike.

And the U.S. government may not be the only country flailing its arms when this much money is involved.

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
The Problem is that the internet as we know it thrives on some form of Piracy. The Internet as we know it is the sole creation of people from Gen. X and younger, it has become a way to get information out to millions of people, no matter what the message is the internet thrives on Freedom.

The older Generation, the baby boomers don't understand this because you were the generation of corporate greed and corporatism. Hollywood want to simple knock out the competition and the gov. want to be able to control the internet. This Piracy issue is unfounded, its like trying to stop people from having sex until mairrage.

Its the Baby Boomers screwing America up, Citizens united, Lower Taxes on Millionaires, Outsourcing Corporations, Eroding of our civil liberties, The War on Drugs. Now you all want to ruin the last great thing, made great by the younger generations, the internet.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
quote:
Well I'm sure the piracy *has been* tolerated until it got out of hand according to those who see that way.
You realize that Piracy will be "Tolerated" for those who are immune to this bill, as in the companies and individuals who sign onto it. as I said before the very individual who drafted this law had pirated material on his webpage, and lets not even get into Hollywood and the movie industry, do you think the various pictures and images that mistakingly make it onto their films are paid for..lol

As I said the net exists on some form of piracy, this law is bogus.

quote:
I do agree the vast majority of people probably do buy material. I do.
So then what is the justification of this law. You do realize how rare it is to get a "Free" quality movie?? Most movies that you can find online usually are about at least a year old, anything else is usually low quality or requires a fee. meaning The Motion Picture idustry is losing little to any money on "Piracy"...so your comment about losing "Millions" of dollars is unfounded and based on propaganda. The only people who actually believe the MPI is losing "Millions" of dollars to Piracy and therefore blindingly support this law are usually the Ignorant(Older People) who have no clue about "Free Online Movies"..

In other words, you've been duped.

quote:
And Obama stepped in and said wait a minute, let's think this through.
Obama is a Spinless Neo-con blue dog Democrat who upholds Reaganite conservative policies. I doubt this clown if given the chance would veto SOPA or PIPA, how can anyone take him serious after signing the NDAA into law.

quote:
While I'm in sympathy with you on the older folks need to be leave somethings alone, conversely, couldn't this be a reason why the older folks have gotten involved because of younger folks who can't be trusted? This website, and others, notwithstanding?
We can't be trusted...LOOOL. Really, it was My Generation and the Generation X who created the internet and made it what it is today. The real people who can't be trusted is the folks who constantly screw up the world and America, you know the folks who just eroded our Civil Liberties in less than 10 yrs(Obama and Bush), Who have created massive Crime and Poverty via the bogus "War on Drugs"(Nixon), who made the ridiculous notion that Corporations are People resulting in what can only be described as the most ignorant and superficial set of people to run for office of the USA in history, folks like Herman Cain and Mitt Romney and Newt.

I think the people who can't be trusted are the older generations esp. when it comes to something you all have no real clue about.

quote:
Recall my comment many months back about my generation in the late 60s and early 70s saying don't trust anyone over 30. The implication was I think, if you're 30 and over, you must be out of college and working for or in the system somewhere, that is business... of any kind. Do you see what I mean.
Its not a matter of working for the system, its a matter of ingnorance plain and simple. For instance, your generation never grew up being able to communicate instantly to people from all over the world. In 9th and 10th grade(if I can remember correctly) I was able to talk to people from China, London, Ireland, Italy etc. By the time I graduated H.S Youtube was being launched, and Myspace was still around. Fastfoward 5 yrs, you have Blogs, Vlogs etc. More Important you have on youtube, people very critical of the Gov. and media, saying and revealing things the mainstream media never would. During the Bush administration it became clear that Bush was violating the Checks and Balances of the U.S constitution. Further it became clear that Bush had prior knowledge of 9-11 and decided not to take action. So what was ignored by the mainstream media became so Viral, Ispired so many people that eventually the mainstream media HAD to address these facts, now if you watch any documentary about 9-11 it will mention Bush's blunder. Something that would have been tucked under the rug had it not been for Youtube, the internet and Alternative Media.

Its gotten to the point that the Mainstream media is reeling to keep up with the appeal of the Alternative Media, and now we have the Social media like Facebook that has united and inspired protests all over the world, from the Arab Spring to the Occupy movement..... something that was unheard of a mere 5 yrs ago.

I mean do you understand now why folks of your age and calibur at the top Echylons of the Gov. are in dread and fear over the internet, after what has happened last year.

They don't understand it, they don't like it, they want to control it.

quote:
The fact is when things get out of control then it brings ''unwanted'' eyes into the picture.

I'm just letting you see the other side in terms of why it comes down this way to another's dislike.

And the U.S. government may not be the only country flailing its arms when this much money is involved.

Nothing is "Getting out of Control" as I said Hollywood and the MPI is making Record Profits. The fact remains you don't know what you are talking about, which is not your fault, but the reality is it is very rare to find a new quality movie online for free. Most movies for free are old and outdated. Viewing them for free is no different than watching a movie for free on Network T.V.

This SOPA/PIPA pass was simply the Corporate/Gov. attempt to control the internet.

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Federal prosecutors have accused it of costing copyright holders more than $500m (£320m) in lost revenue. The firm says it was diligent in responding to complaints about pirated material.

Investigators denied a link to recent protests against proposed piracy laws, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The US Justice Department said that Megaupload's two co-founders Kim Dotcom, formerly known as Kim Schmitz, and Mathias Ortmann were arrested in Auckland, New Zealand along with two other employees of the business at the request of US officials. It added that three other defendants were still at large.

"This action is among the largest criminal copyright cases ever brought by the United States and directly targets the misuse of a public content storage and distribution site to commit and facilitate intellectual property crime," said a statement posted on its website.
Third-party sites

The charges included copyright infringement, conspiracies to commit racketeering, copyright infringement and money laundering.

A federal court in Virginia ordered that 18 domain names associated with the Hong Kong-based firm be seized.

The Justice Department said that more than 20 search warrants had been executed in nine countries, and that approximately $50m in assets had been seized.

So the Federal prosecutors have it all wrong? And search warrants in nine countries? All this is bogus? I mean couldn't Federal prosecutors see though this bogus claim? And how did it manage to get this far if legal scholars didn't think it worth it? Are you sure you're right about this? How do you really know you are. You seem to be condoning piracy in some form. I mean you brought up one of the plaintiffs having pirated material on his site. So why didn't that disqualify him from getting involved any further?

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baMhDNZogEM&feature=g-all-bul&context=G2ada2c3FAAAAAAAAAAA
Clik ME.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
As I said Grumman you have no clue, man, no clue. You don't even know how the very companies/Corporation who promote this so called SOPA/PIPA etc. are in fact some of the worst abusers of Copyright violation and piracy.

You have no clue, esp. if you need the mainstream media to tell you.

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Interesting link Brada-Anansi.

JCMJ, why didn't you link that video? You're really passionate about this so I'm quite surprised you didn't locate it.

Bottom line: since everybody, on both sides of the issue, have their hands in the cookie jar then it'll shake out in who has the most money to spend in defense of their position.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Grumman Im passionate about a lot of things not just this. You should be too if you value the freedom of the internet, This is not the first time Corporations have tried to control and police the internet.

In most cases its the rich folks who have the influence and ability to influence law making.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do you think the price of storage is going up? THAT!! got me suspicious that something was/is up. The internet has/had leveled the playing field.

Oh well!

quote:
Originally posted by malibudusul:

Save all
on your computer

Buy an external hard drive
1TB, 2TB... (terabyte)

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ihsg
Member # 20238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihsg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I said Grumman you have no clue, man, no clue. You don't even know how the very companies/Corporation who promote this so called SOPA/PIPA etc. are in fact some of the worst abusers of Copyright violation and piracy.You have no clue, esp. if you need the mainstream media to tell you.

--------------------
_ _____________ _
This posting is from a volunteer
Coach Purse|New Nike Shoes|Nike Free

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com