EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » What Has Happened To Hip Hop (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What Has Happened To Hip Hop
africurious
Member # 19611

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for africurious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by asante-Korton:
quote:
Originally posted by africurious:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Confirming Truth:
^No OP. In fact, the thread takes into consideration the origin of rap. Your introduction in the thread states: "It has gone from this to this" as if to imply that Rap had degenerated in its social message and value over time. Well, I challenged that assertion - I set forth an argument to the contrary! Rap has produced what it intended from the onset of the hip hop movement.

"It has gone from this to this" simply means what used to be mainstream to what is mainstream today you idiot!
And if you want to argue the origins of rap you can take it all the way back to the west african griots who spoke poetry over beats which is what emceeing is.

Hip-hop has always been about catchy beats and rhymes and what you see now is just a continuation of that. The catchier, the wider the audience that will like it = more sales = more $ for the artist. Far more ppl want to jam rather than hearing good lyrics.

I think Nicki Minaj was a bad example to use for your critique though because she actually spits hard and has a bunch of thoughtful songs aside from the one you posted.

So you dont mind young black girls having this woman as there idol

-

Rather then someone like this

-

Posts: 214 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
africurious
Member # 19611

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for africurious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Yes, i'd rather young black girls idolize lauren but nicki minaj isn't that bad. She dresses weird sometimes but i don't see that's so bad. I'd rather the young not have to hear her lyrics definitely cuz only adults should but no way to stop that.

I think the scantilly clad women shaking their goods in videos and whose looks are tilted towards europe is a bigger detriment to young black girls.

Posts: 214 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
element
Member # 19569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for element     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that Rappers delight had it's share of materialism & escapism.

-

Bragging & boasting has always been an integral part of reggae & hip hop..And a lot of the lyrical content was also suggestive , x rated, crass or materialistic.

you can find many live hip hop recordings here with similar themes dating back to 1977.
http://old-school-hiphop-tapes.blogspot.com/

Pre 1977 examples would be amongst movies . parents who played the dozens or soundsystem soundclashes.

Prince buster
Lee perry
Max romeo
I roy
u roy
Big youth
The last poets ( Lightnin' Rod )
Blowfly
Rudy ray moore
Redd fox

Posts: 149 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
element
Member # 19569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for element     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
complexion obsession documentary for the curious & the passive aggressive imposters ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW_Vtp-JzV4&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZrxXnsMEIM&NR=1

quote:
Originally posted by blaccentric bull:
There is, unfortunately, one out-of-place, soar thumb in the photo. Can you guess which?

-

Posts: 149 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confirming Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, but the Negro lady looks like a primitive simian with a damn perm!

quote:
Originally posted by element:
complexion obsession documentary for the curious & the passive aggressive imposters ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW_Vtp-JzV4&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZrxXnsMEIM&NR=1

quote:
Originally posted by blaccentric bull:
There is, unfortunately, one out-of-place, soar thumb in the photo. Can you guess which?

-

Posts: 1340 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does she really have a chicken wing on her necklace...

My God, the Ignorance and stupidity is mind boggling..

quote:

-

[/QB][/QUOTE]
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confirming Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlike the others, you at least are willing to admit that rap, in its present form, is an evolution of early rap.

quote:
I agree that Rappers delight had it's share of materialism & escapism.

-

Bragging & boasting has always been an integral part of reggae & hip hop..And a lot of the lyrical content was also suggestive , x rated, crass or materialistic.

you can find many live hip hop recordings here with similar themes dating back to 1977.
http://old-school-hiphop-tapes.blogspot.com/

Pre 1977 examples would be amongst movies . parents who played the dozens or soundsystem soundclashes.

Prince buster
Lee perry
Max romeo
I roy
u roy
Big youth
The last poets ( Lightnin' Rod )
Blowfly
Rudy ray moore
Redd fox

Posts: 1340 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nikki Minaj Before and After..

-

-

-

-
^^^^^
She looked good before the surgery...but Im not gonna front, id probably still have sex with her though..just sayin

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
She is obviously trying to cop Lady Gaga, which I don't get it, her whole "Barbie" thing as weird and stupid as it was, was her own thing and was working for her...so why is she coping Gaga??

quote:

-

[/QB][/QUOTE] [/QB][/QUOTE]
facts
Member # 19596

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for facts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^You have no business acumen, do you? She is a shrewd salesman! Nicky and her handlers understand that in order to appeal to a wider audience, you must have a White or white-like image. The world loves everything WHITE. A hard truth for bozos like you, heh?

Do you think if she only cornered a niche-market (Urban Black music audience) she would make money? As much as Negroes love to buy 'knock-offs,' she would not have a chance in hell to make a profit off her craft.

Posts: 816 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The world loves everything WHITE. A hard truth for bozos like you, heh?
Translation: ''I love everything white''.
Confirmed Truth aka Gigantic aka Break the Bull is 50 year old disgruntled Hebrew Israelite bum, trapped in the body of a teenager.

quote:
to make a profit off her craft.
Schizophrenic fag, didn't you just put down Hip Hop, and now, when we're discussing Nicky Minaj, and how she's copying white Lady Gaga, we're talking about Nicki Minaj and her ''craft'' rather than ''material glorification'' and ''hostile/confrontational'' utterances, laid over a beat?

Senile two faced snake!

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her make up is poorly blended in this photo. around the mouth the top of her face is lighter than the bottom. All of the stars are throwing on whatever crazy garb they can to stand out. Didn't Katy Perry walk around in a box or something like that?
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

SMDH AND KMT...SHE FAVA ONE RASS CLOWN...SHE SHUDA SHAMED FE WALK BOUT AH LOOK SUH... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asante-Korton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN9zZoAr6Zs
Posts: 1064 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the white Niki Minaj:
 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn0FLKRxNc
Iggy Azalea -
PU$$Y

she's probably going to blow up. I checked out her other music. cute garbage

Posts: 42935 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ She nice [Big Grin]

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Actually, female white rappers is the in-thing in the southern Hip hop world. BTW..., she has a banging curvaceous bod'! Check out Deshawn and the White Girl Mob.

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
the white Niki Minaj:
 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn0FLKRxNc
Iggy Azalea -
PU$$Y

she's probably going to blow up. I checked out her other music. cute garbage

malibudusul
Member # 19346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malibudusul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE BEST HIP HOP OF UNIVERSE
RACIONAIS MC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxtWeUCyX6s

-

-

Posts: 2922 | From: World Empire of the Black People | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Some of the women who were considered sexy when I was a kid

-

-

-

-

-

None of these women went around like Nikki Minaj, Lil Kim was not seen as sexy in my circle.

facts
Member # 19596

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for facts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Lil Kim had an international appeal, unlike the ones you have in your post.
Posts: 816 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^^
LOL, Man STFU..Tyra Banks, Toni Braxton, Brady etc all had international success without acting like whores. Tyra Banks is probably the most famous Super Model currently both international and abroad, Toni Braxton's "Unbreak my heart" is an actual classic, unlike the garbage lil Kim has put out, name me a song Lil Kim has made that is still well known today like Toni Braxtons. Mya and Brandy simply decided not to push their careers after an early start, when I was young they were well known. Even other Famale Rappers like Salt and Pepa and Missy Elliot etc. never acted like whores like you and lioness are trying to imply.

This whole whorish, Lady Gaga bullcrap is a recent fad. Lil Kim was seen as a whore by my generation and so would Nikki Minaj had she came out back then, its this Soulja Boy, "Do the Dougie", Wocka-Flocka, watered down version of hip-hop that allows Nikki Minaj's wack rap to be popular. Hip-hop was watered down when I was a kid but nothing like this, at least we had Biggie, Tupac, the Old Emeniem, the old Nas etc.

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
^^^^
LOL, Man STFU..Tyra Banks, Toni Braxton, Brady etc all had international success without acting like whores. Tyra Banks is probably the most famous Super Model currently both international and abroad, Toni Braxton's "Unbreak my heart" is an actual classic, unlike the garbage lil Kim has put out, name me a song Lil Kim has made that is still well known today like Toni Braxtons. Mya and Brandy simply decided not to push their careers after an early start, when I was young they were well known. Even other Famale Rappers like Salt and Pepa and Missy Elliot etc. never acted like whores like you and lioness are trying to imply.

This whole whorish, Lady Gaga bullcrap is a recent fad. Lil Kim was seen as a whore by my generation and so would Nikki Minaj had she came out back then, its this Soulja Boy, "Do the Dougie", Wocka-Flocka, watered down version of hip-hop that allows Nikki Minaj's wack rap to be popular. Hip-hop was watered down when I was a kid but nothing like this, at least we had Biggie, Tupac, the Old Emeniem, the old Nas etc.

[Wink] Some of us do both remember and appreciate the times back when women artists sold their vocals rather than their bodies....

some great examples from a loooong list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HXiO951tBc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ret2I2MZ4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymuWb8xtCsc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NHH94tZzEs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUb3HjFEq6Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j19AWY78bM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvC3Ee5IAvk

[Cool]

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kikuyu22
Member # 19561

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kikuyu22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a theory I find quite plausible about how and WHY hip hop lost its way. Apparently it was infiltrated by the FBI to lead blacks astray.
“I believe that Death Row Records, which included dozens and dozens of police officers at all levels, according to a high-level police officer that investigated them, was a front company and was trying to continue penal coercion and mess up [Tupac Shakur's] head. Death Row, of course, published the most negative songs he ever produced."
http://hiphopwired.com/2010/06/18/book-claims-fbi-used-death-row-to-stop-black-activism/

Posts: 433 | From: nairobi | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
quote:

-

[/QB][/QUOTE]She is obviously trying to cop Lady Gaga, which I don't get it, her whole "Barbie" thing as weird and stupid as it was, was her own thing and was working for her...so why is she coping Gaga??

[/QB][/QUOTE]

... not really (I spotted the pink chicken wing too), Gaga really likes the crazy masks & hats.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hersi_Yusuf
Member # 20078

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hersi_Yusuf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nicki maybe ignorant and a bad role model but I'd still smash.

Ontopic: the Illiuminati is what is wrong with hip hop haven't you heard

Posts: 24 | From: ATL | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[b]I dare any to produce a rap song from the 70s
that did not objectify women or wasn't materialistic, confrontational or anti-social.

How exactly is Kurtis Blow's "CHristmas Rappin" 1979,
which sold almost half a mil copies "objectifying
women, materialistic, confrontational or anti-social"?
Do tell..

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
VIDEO: MIA -Bad Girls

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh6hGBU22799G9IpN0

-

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Break-the-bull:
^Lil Kim had an international appeal, unlike the ones you have in your post.

lol hilarious. You must be crazy.

How did you manage to escape from the nut-house?

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova:
[b]I dare any to produce a rap song from the 70s
that did not objectify women or wasn't materialistic, confrontational or anti-social.

How exactly is Kurtis Blow's "CHristmas Rappin" 1979,
which sold almost half a mil copies "objectifying
women, materialistic, confrontational or anti-social"?
Do tell..

Almost all the rap songs of that time had a party centered topic.

Of course, the Fat Back Band - Tim King III.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig3313DhcB8

And likely my favorit rap group ever: Funky Four Plus One More.

I will play fair, Rappin & Rocking The House" (1979).

But my favorit song by them is, It's the Joint (1980). I remember my Dad had it on tape, the first time I heard it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUUyGxRoDQY

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Hiphop and rap have always been about bling, bitches, and thuggery. You obviously don't know the history of it. Go listen to the lyrics in Rapper's Delight and educate yourself. Early rap sowed the seed for what we presently have.

Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight is probable one of the most famous rap song ever. You can even ask grand Ma and Pa. They sold millions upon millions of copies. From generation to generation. All social backgrounds. Internationally known from continent to continent etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z_3vVFrU_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC1ycy4fhz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LMoMSOlgzQ

Etc...I could go on a long time with this...obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diiL9bqvalo

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
No clown, I never said they did. But they are the forerunners to the "movement." They were part of the grassroots of hip hop and reflected the sentiment of that period of hip hop, clown.

I dare any to produce a rap song from the 70s that did not objectify women or wasn't materialistic, confrontational or anti-social.

quote:
Yes rappers delight invented hip hop lol

[/QB]
In fact where they came from there was no Hip Hop at that time. And those from the Bronx, NY were surprised to hear about them. But eventually were cool with it. (According to Kool Moe Dee).
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Notice how none of you posted lyrics from that era of hiphop to dissect. I am not suprised. I will oblige you hypocrites.

Sugarhill gang, "Rapper's delight" (excerpted)

i got two big cars that definitely aint the wack
i got a lincoln continental and a sunroof cadillac
(early form of material glorification, e.g., car)

but i wouldnt give a sucker or a bum from the rucker
not a dime til i made it again
(early form of hostile and confrontational rap/ hiphop language)

ya say im gonna get a fly girl gonna get some spankin drive off in a def oj everybody go, hotel motel holiday inn say if your girl starts actin up, then you take her friend (early form of of rap misogyny and the beginning of hyper-sexualization in rap)

but he looks like a sucker in a blue and red suit i said you need a man who's got finesse
and his whole name across his chest
he may be able to fly all through the night
but can he rock a party til the early light
he cant satisfy you with his little worm
but i can bust you out with my super sperm
i go do it, i go do it, i go do it, do it , do it
(confrontational, "beef," rap in its earliest form)

then she turned around and shook her behind
so i said to myself, its time for me to release
my vicious rhyme
(forrunner to Negro video vixens shaking their behinds in rap videos)

There was a lot more to the lyric but I think that this should suffice, as it drives the point across. I dare any of you to post up lyrics from the 70s and I will easily demonstrate those decadent, social elements to the lyrics.

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/onehitwonders/rappersdelightlyrics.html

I must admit, you do have a vivid imagination.

quote:

A Day In The Life lyrics

Songwriters: Mccartney, Paul; Lennon, John;

I read the news today, oh boy
About a lucky man who made the grade
And though the news was rather sad
Well, I just had to laugh
I saw the photograph

He blew his mind out in a car(?)
He didn't notice that the lights had changed
A crowd of people stood and stared
They'd seen his face before
Nobody was really sure if he was from the House of Lords

I saw a film today, oh boy
The English army had just won the war (?)
A crowd of people turned away
But I just had to look, having read the book
I'd love to turn you on

Woke up, got out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up, I noticed I was late

Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke (?)
And somebody spoke and I went into a dream
Ahh, ahh, ahh

Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall
I'd love to turn you on

quote:

Stones

? (It's self explanatory).

I can't get no satisfaction
'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try
I can't get no, I can't get no

When I'm drivin' in my car
And that man comes on the radio
He's tellin' me more and more
About some useless information
Supposed to fire my imagination
I can't get no, oh no, no, no
Hey hey hey, that's what I say

When I'm watchin' my T.V.
And that man comes on to tell me
How white my shirts can be
But he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
The same cigarrettes as me

I can't get no girl reaction

When I'm ridin' round the world
And I'm doin' this and I'm signing that
And I'm tryin' to make some girl
Who tells me baby better come back later next week
'Cause you see I'm on a losing streak

No satisfaction, no satisfaction, no satisfaction

quote:

The Doors — The End

This is the end, Beautiful friend
This is the end, My only friend, the end
Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyesagain
Can you picture what will be, So limitless and free
Desperately in needof somestranger's hand
In adesperate land
Lost in a Romanwilderness of pain(?)
And all the children are insane, All the children are insane
Waiting for the summer rain, yeah
There's danger on the edge of town
Ride the King's highway, baby
Weird scenes inside the gold mine
Ride the highway west, baby
Ride the snake, ride the snake(?)
To the lake, the ancient lake, baby
The snake is long, seven miles
Ride the snakehe's old, and his skin is cold
The west is the best, The west is the best
Get here, and we'll do the rest
The blue bus is callin' us, The blue bus is callin' us
Driver, where you taken' us
The killer awoke before dawn, he put his boots on(?)
He took a face from the ancient gallery
And he walked on down the hall
He went into the room where his sister lived, andthen he
Paid a visit to his brother, and then he
He walked on down the hall, and
And he came to a doorand he looked inside
Father, yes son, I want to kill you(?)
MotherI want tofuck you(?)
C'mon baby, take a chance with us X3
And meet me at the back of the blue bus
Doin' a blue rock, On a blue bus
Doin' a blue rock, C'mon, yeah
Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill (?)
It hurts to set you free
But you'll never follow me
The end of laughter and soft lies
The end of nights we tried to die
This is the end

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
There were many pre 1985 social commentary recordings mostly based around world war 3 or anti drug themes.

This track references the sphinx, Olmecs. Ghana, Mali & Songhay.

Gary Byrd And The G.B. Experience The Crown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epEQhxslprE

Further examples..

Kurtis blow - Tough
James brown Afrika bambaataa - unity
Funky Four + 1 - King Heroin
Jazzy jeff- king heroin
The rake - street justice
Captain rapp - Bad times ( Jimmy jam & Terry lewis )

Fatback band - Is this the future
SugarHill gang - Livin in the fast lane
Grandmaster Melle melle - white lines
Grandmaster Melle melle - Jesse ( endorsing jesse jackson for presidency )

Dr jeckyll & mr hyde ( Andre Harrell )- fast life
Divine sounds - what people do for money
Afrika Bambaataa feat.John Lydon - World Destruction
Project Future - Ray - Gun - Omics
Malcolm X / Keith LeBlanc- No Sell Out

Very few groups had long term album deals in the early 80's.So Many releases were independent 12 inch singles.

Run dmc has a few social commentary tracks but ...It's like that ...Is the most popular due to its re release in the 90's & inclusion on a grand theft auto video game.

I'm a dj musician & was born in the 90s. My father & brothers owned soundsystems so i collect a lot of 70's - 80s vinyl as the sound is unique. I could find many more but some recordings are really bad..

eg Mr t , School band recordings etc

Re..The message

Grandmaster flash in his autobiography claims that this recording which they were forced to record caused the breakup of the band.They were told to let an outsider ( Duke Bootee ) replace the groups rappers. Melle mel was the only featured artist from the original group on the track . His verse " a child is born with no state of mind " is recycled from superappin which was recorded before gmff5 signed to sugarhill records.

Melle mel & Flash also mentions the anti drug hypocrisy at the time. As artists were consuming drugs & creating anti drug records

Eg Melle mel - white lines

I guess you have to experience hip hop at an earlier era to really notice the changes & similiarities with Jamaica.

I think the late 80's was a key period as artists evolved with better budgets ,contracts , endorsements & more. There was also a drugs & gun epidemic in the usa & Jamaica..

Planet Rock - The Story Of Hip Hop And The Crack Generation documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6d7IyDKqdU

Not surprising considering were most came from, in social background.
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
FAIL. Hip hop reflects a realistic social state of American Negroes. You think posting up some lame ass song by Lenon and other white artists is going to prove otherwise? This is why Nigggers will never move forward. Always shucking and jiving.

quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:
quote:
Notice how none of you posted lyrics from that era of hiphop to dissect. I am not suprised. I will oblige you hypocrites.

ya say im gonna get a fly girl gonna get some spankin drive off in a def oj everybody go, hotel motel holiday inn say if your girl starts actin up, then you take her friend (early form of of rap misogyny and the beginning of hyper-sexualization in rap)

but he looks like a sucker in a blue and red suit i said you need a man who's got finesse

my vicious rhyme

There was a lot more to the lyric but I think that this should suffice, as it drives the point across. I dare any of you to post up lyrics from the 70s and I will easily demonstrate those decadent, social elements to the lyrics.

quote:

A Day In The Life lyrics

I saw the photograph

I'd love to turn you on

Woke up, got out of bed

Ahh, ahh, ahh

I'd love to turn you on

quote:

Stones

quote:

The Doors — The End

In adesperate land
It hurts to set you free
This is the end

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don Corleone where did you pick up that dude from [Big Grin]

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Fail, many people I know who listen to rap do very well in society and are higher educated. In fact they do better than you ever will. Even though I don't like modern hip hop, it has become a billion dollar industry. You only happen to look at the surface. As narrow minded as you are. Rapping about succes in life to you means failing.

Use your vivid imagination when it comes to the early pop songs and modern pop songs, see the connection already?

See how it has effected society as a whole. "The world isn't what it used to be". lol

Not only are you stupid when it comes to anthropology, archaeology etc..but also in sociology you don't score very well.

All the aspects you've mentioned earlier on already were long before hip hop was in existence. Tell me it's not so?lol

Is this moral?

This was the spinning point of something larger. Look and listen at pop music later on, up till now how it demoralized.

And a lot of these fans were drugs users too!

*Not everybody lives in your world of sucking and jiving.

Considering the many inconsequent failures by you, it's evident you aren't that well educated.

Real gangster rap started with NWA.

Real conscious rap with Grand Master Flash and the Furious 5, The Message. It can only make you wonder we it was called the message? There is also a second part of that song.

And at the same time you'll use the N-word at any unimaginable chance you get. As if it was invented by these young black males? Even the expression sucking and jiving dates back way before rap music. lol

Confirming truth.

quote:
FAIL. Hip hop reflects a realistic social state of American Negroes. You think posting up some lame ass song by Lenon and other white artists is going to prove otherwise? This is why Nigggers will never move forward. Always shucking and jiving.

quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol:
quote:

my vicious rhyme

quote:

A Day In The Life lyrics

I saw the photograph

I'd love to turn you on

Woke up, got out of bed

Ahh, ahh, ahh

I'd love to turn you on

quote:

Stones

quote:

The Doors — The End

In adesperate land
It hurts to set you free
This is the end

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Its has gone from this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PaoLy7PHwk

To This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6j4f8cHBIM

part 1 of KRS-ONE - Hip Hop Beyond Entertainment, a lecture on the history of Hip-Hop, culturally and politically. He talks about the Zulu Nation and the Black Panthers specifically, the second part of the lecture he talks more about spirituality, manifestation principles and the importance of trees.

Lawrence Krisna Parker (born August 20, 1965), better known by his stage names KRS-One (or simply KRS), and Teacha, is an American rapper. At the 2008 BET Awards, KRS-One was the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award for all his work and effort towards the Stop the Violence Movement as well as the overall pioneering of hip hop music and culture. Born Lawrence Parker in Park Slope, Brooklyn in the summer of 1965, the MC left home at 14 to become an MC and Philosopher. He came to live in a homeless shelter in the South Bronx, where he was dubbed Krishna by residents because of his interest in the Hare Krishna spirituality of some of the antipoverty workers. By the time he met youth counselor Scott Sterling, he was also writing graffiti as KRS-One (Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone). Together he and Sterling, a.k.a. DJ Scott La Rock eventually created Boogie Down Productions, releasing their debut album, Criminal Minded, in 1987. KRS-One has been a vegetarian since his youth. In the summer of 1984, KRS-One hit the music scene with a rap group called "Scott La rock and the Celebrity Three" with a record called "Advance". In a time when most rappers rhymed about cars, jewelry, alcohol, and the latest dance, KRS-One was rhyming about nuclear war prevention. Scott La Rock and the Celebrity Three was composed of Scott La Rock, Levi167, MC Quality, and KRS-One. After five largely solo albums under the name "Boogie Down Productions," KRS-One decided to set out on his own. On his first solo album, 1993's Return of the Boom Bap, Parker worked together with producers DJ Premier, Kid Capri and Showbiz,[disambiguation needed] the latter providing the catchy-yet-hardcore track "Sound of da Police".
In the words of the original uploader - KRS-ONE: Hip Hop Beyond Entertainment Recorded Live at Hip Hop 101 Temple University April 2004 A Video by Alex Goldblum Special

Thanks to the Philosopher of Hip Hop, Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everybody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybufC_3KJwk

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25kmuPSt60w

A more recent lecture, by KRS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBrlvOmxU6g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjJDhyW2BaY

Hip Hop Futures: A Lecture and Discussion

http://www.cornell.edu/video/?vidID=397

Teaching Hip Hop: A Lecture and Discussion

http://www.cornell.edu/video/?vidID=396

A Conversation with Hip Hop's Pioneers

http://www.cornell.edu/video/?vidID=394

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^Troll Patty, aren't you spending a little too much time on this?
although at this point in 2012, you have become lead spammer over zarahan.I guess that must count for something.
I mean CT or cassy right two sentences and in reply you write an eighteen page book, they got you doing the do

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
^^^Troll Patty, aren't you spending a little too much time on this?
although at this point in 2012, you have become lead spammer over zarahan.I guess that must count for something.
I mean CT or cassy right two sentences and in reply you write an eighteen page book, they got you doing the do

1). I have the time and money to do so.

2). None put you in authority to make any of your absurd claims.

3). Stop mimicking a black woman. It's preposterous.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
why do you say I'm mimicking a black woman? Do I accuse you of mimicking a black man?
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
why do you say I'm mimicking a black woman? Do I accuse you of mimicking a black man?

-
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Its has gone from this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PaoLy7PHwk

To This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6j4f8cHBIM

http://rmc.library.cornell.edu/hiphop/

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/April11/HipHopPrewrite.html

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/April11/HipHopCover.html

Afrika Bambaataa headlining Cornell symposium on hip hop

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
 -

MUTABARUKA call she ^ 'di blowjob barbie'  -  -  -

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

oi...

Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Thread

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
element
Member # 19569

some early hip hop & dancehall influences 1960 s - 1980's..

-

Lady reed was known as Queen b .. Lil kim pays homage to queen b..

Betty Davis was once married to Miles davis.Betty was criticised by the Naacp.

Millie jackson - The royal rapper was an x rated performer who influenced many females.

Rudy Ray moore ,Prince Buster was previously mentioned. we also have..

King yellowman
General Echo
Supercat
Josey wales

Adult's only content is now mainstream..

Most of the women are inspired by Madonna
France had serge gainsbourg. The uk had a reggae artist called Judge Dread..

@ Troll patrol Re. Rolling stone - satisfaction .

Billy Garner (Sugar Billy) - I got some. was a response.

Element the beatdigger..

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asante-Korton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u-wDFM5I2Y4

Are “Black People” About To Boycott Nicki Minaj??

Posts: 1064 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u-wDFM5I2Y4

Are “Black People” About To Boycott Nicki Minaj??

Di plastic 'blowjob barbie' aka Nicki Minaj is ah one rass eediat kmrt smh [Roll Eyes]
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Ah... she was just a lil' sis with a FAT ASS [Eek!] to me. What is a Black man to do when a FAT ASS is jiggling before his tormented eyes? [Big Grin]

But you folks here show your insecurities... You have elevated what should have been a simple "one time" nutt into some kind of ghetto royalty. Carry on I guess it's Fair [Wink]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com