EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Superior? Whatever man....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Superior? Whatever man....
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Bible is certainly superior over the Quran).
Let's be clear that this is simply your opinion, as 'superior' is subjective...personally I think they're both fulla sh*t for the most part; as both have been used to commit/justify atrocities except the Bible/Christianity takes the cake when it comes to historical atrocities against people done in the name of religion....

I mean, I could say The Kybalion is superior over both...I could say the Bhagavad Gita or the Upanishads are superior over the both of them...I could say the Scriptures that were decided not to be included in the many versions of the Bible that do exist, are superior to the ones included....

But that would be just my opinion...and people would resent it because who would I be to espouse one 'holy book' as being superior over someone else's? And that is my point with this post, who are you to say the Bible is superior to any book? THAT IS YOUR OPINION, AND NOTHING MORE.

The Bible not a consistent book, for the most part....if it were, there would not be so many versions, including denominations that use Bibles with a different number of books...you do know that during the 16th century, several books were removed from the Bible? Catholic editions still include these books...there is a version of the Bible with an extra psalm...It's also been proven that there is plaigerism (sp?) contained within the Bible, and that some books attributed to have been written by particular individuals actually were not...

Your 'superior Bible' also contains Imprecatory Psalms..this is fact....do you know what those are?

Let me help you:

quote:
For evangelicals, and especially those committed to expository preaching, imprecatory psalms pose perhaps the greatest challenge. Wenham describes the issues in the following way, ‘The Psalms are the most loved and most used part of the OT for very obvious reasons. But they also contain some of the fiercest expressions of hate towards enemies that are found anywhere in Scripture, and many commentators even of quite conservative disposition have lamented the psalmists’ lapse from grace. Churches have directed that some whole psalms and parts of others should not be sung.’[1]

It is true. A lot of conservative commentators who cherish 2 Timothy 3:16-17 hold the view that imprecatory psalms should not be appropriated for use in the church. Many see that the imprecations, which ask boldly for horrific violence to be done to their enemies, contradict the character of God and his desire for his people to be holy.

Short version, they are psalms people use to pray for harm on other people...

The Bible is used by some science workers in some obeah practices.....fyi.

And No, I'm not an athiest...definitely not a Muslim/Moslem...I know we have one Creator...

The Christian ideology is superior to everyone else talk is offensive to those who are not blind sheep and know better...at least please try include the words "it's my opinion that"...cah it's not Truth...

Have a nice day! [Smile]

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com