EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Sharpton threatens to escalate civil disobedience.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sharpton threatens to escalate civil disobedience.
facts
Member # 19596

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for facts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Al Sharpton: Civil disobedience will escalate if Zimmerman remains free

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-30/news/os-george-zimmerman-trayvon-al-sharpton-20120330_1_civil-disobedience-national-action-network-national-association

Does Al carry enough political clout & weight to force the Feds to make a move? It remains to be seen. We have between now and April 10.

Posts: 816 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
facts
Member # 19596

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for facts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talkradio host calls for Sharpton's arrest and removal from MSNBC...

http://www.schnittshow.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=454847&article=9976302

Sharpton may just become a liability to NBC.

Posts: 816 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
facts
Member # 19596

Member Rated:
NAACP condemns Sharpton's call for escalation in civil disobedience...

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Civil-rights-leaders-condemn-Sharpton-s-call-for-escalated-civil-disobedience/-/1637132/9863196/-/owq31pz/-/index.html

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sharpton called for an escalation in peaceful civil disobedience and economic sanctions"

WTF?! He's gotten into the sanctions rhetoric now? LOL!!! He's like a child that listens to grown ups talk (world leaders on Iran and Syria) and repeats what he hears. His first break in a major media outlet and he thinks he's a head of state. LOL

Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
facts
Member # 19596

Member Rated:
^Well, this aint the Sharpton from Brooklyn anymore, you know. Sharpton is in the big leagues now, so it stands to reason that he'd upgrade his rhetoric too! Economic sanction is preferred to boycott at this level! LOL!
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LocDiva
Member # 13393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LocDiva   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Al Sharpton first got his show I lamented his non-syllabic speech and other gaffes. I was pleasantly surprised. He's admitted to past mistakes and he earnestly tries to show balance views.
I watched MSNBC prior to his show and I can for a fact no other commentor would have devoted this much time to Trayvon Martin.
Like it or not Rev Sharpton serves a valuble purpose.
If you don't like him, avoid him. I avoid all lip-flapping. loud-talking. do-nothing people who don't get anything important work done. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Give God The Credit

Posts: 71 | From: Cleve OH | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are the facts!

-

-

-

-

-

-

Neighbor #1, male - Call begins 4:12

Police … I just heard a shot right behind my house. [4:14] They’re wrestling right in the back of my porch.

911 dispatcher:

You just heard one shot go off?

Neighbor:

It was either that or a rock at the window, I don’t know, the guy’s yelling “help” and I’m not going outside. [4:34]

911 dispatcher:

OK, you hear someone yelling for help?

Neighbor:

Um, I’m pretty sure the guy’s dead out here – holy sh*t! [5:03]

911 dispatcher:

OK, we have several people calling in also. Anything else that you heard?

Neighbor:

Uh, no. A guy yelling “help.” Oh, my God! Um, there’s a guy with a flashlight in the backyard now. I think there’s flashlights, and there’s a guy – I don’t know if that’s a cop.

911 dispatcher:

OK, we’ve had several calls in. Are you sure you heard voices? Was there just one …

Neighbor:

There’s two guys. There’s two guys in the backyard with flashlights and there’s a black guy down and it looks like he’s been shot and he’s dead. He’s laying and there’s multiple people calling. [5:50]

911 dispatcher:

OK, I have several officers going there, OK? Thank you. Bye.

Neighbor:

Bye.

Ends 6:00

Neighbor #2, Female - Call begins 6:01

911 dispatcher:

911 police, fire, and medical.

Neighbor:

Um, maybe both, I’m not sure. There’s just someone screaming outside [screaming could be heard – 6:15]

911 dispatcher:

OK, what’s the address they’re near?

Neighbor:

[Address omitted]

911 dispatcher:

OK, is it a male or female?

Neighbor:

It sounds like a male.

911 dispatcher:

And you don’t know why?

Neighbor:

I don’t know why. I think they’re yelling “help” but I don’t know. [6:32] Just send someone please, crap.

911 dispatcher:

Does he look hurt to you?

Neighbor:

I can’t see him and I don’t want to go out there, I don’t know what’s going on. [Screams could be heard – 6:47]

911 dispatcher:

Do you think he’s yelling “help”?

Neighbor:

Yes.

911 dispatcher:

Alright [inaudible]

Neighbor:

Just … there’s gunshots [6:55]

911 dispatcher:

You just heard gunshots?

Click here to hear gunshot [at 0.45]

Neighbor:

Yes.

911 dispatcher:

How many?

Neighbor:

Just one … [Speaks to someone in the room][ 7:05]

911 dispatcher:

[Inaudible] – possibly: Is someone bleeding?

Neighbor:

I don’t know. [Speaks to someone in the room]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, is he right outside?

Neighbor:

Yeah, pretty much out the back deck [7:25]

911 dispatcher:

Is he in front of it or behind that?

Neighbor:

He’s behind my house. [Stay away from the windows.]

911 dispatcher:

I don’t hear him yelling anymore. Do you hear anything? [7:34]

Neighbor:

No, I don’t because I’m hiding upstairs because there was a gunshot right outside our house. You obviously sent someone, right?

911 dispatcher:

Yes they’ve been dispatched. What’s your name and phone number?

Neighbor:

My name is [edited] my phone number is [edited.]

911 dispatcher:

How do you spell your last name?

Neighbor:

[Edited.]

911 dispatcher:

Do you hear any vehicles leaving or anyone else? Do you hear anything?

Neighbor:

There’s people out there and I don’t want to go down there. [8:14]

911 dispatcher:

Multiple people are yelling now?

Neighbor:

Yeah. [8:20]

911 dispatcher:

OK – we do have officers on the way. Call us back if you do hear or see anything suspicious like any vehicles leaving or anything like that, OK?

Neighbor:

OK.

911 dispatcher:

Alright, thank you. Bye.

Ends 8:44

Neighbor #3, female - Call begins 8:45

911 dispatcher:

What is your emergency – police, fire, or medical?

Neighbor:

Police please.

911 dispatcher:

For what address or [inaudible]

Neighbor:

I’m at [edited] – there’s someone screaming outside.

911 dispatcher:

Is it where you’re at?

Neighbor:

Yes, I heard a gunshot – hurry up.

911 dispatcher:

OK.

Neighbor:

Some just [inaudible]

911 dispatcher:

Do you see anybody? I don’t need you to go outside.

Neighbor:

There’s someone screaming – I just heard gunshots [caller frantic] [9:17]

911 dispatcher:

OK. Do you see anything? I don’t need you to go outside but do you see anything? Do you hear squealing of tires, anything?

Neighbor:

Hurry up, they’re right outside my house.

911 dispatcher:

OK. We are sending someone. Are you in Sanford?

Neighbor:

Yes.

911 dispatcher:

What is your name?

Neighbor:

I see a person now. [9:47]

911 dispatcher:

What is your address? [Asks neighbor to spell name and address] – asks How old are you?

Neighbor:

I’m 40.

911 dispatcher:

OK, do you see the officer?

Neighbor:

Yeah, but like, it’s behind my house – it’s not the front entrance, it’s near – oh my God.

911 dispatcher:

Near what? Tell me so I can tell them.

Neighbor:

Like, if you’re looking at my house it’s behind, by my back porch.

911 dispatcher:

OK – coming from behind your house?

Neighbor:

Yes, by the back porch.

911 dispatcher:

OK, stay on the line with me and update me. Did you see anything at all or did you just hear screaming?

Neighbor:

I just heard screaming and gun shots.

911 dispatcher:

OK. We have an officer there. Did you hear anymore gunshots?

Neighbor:

No, I don’t hear any more.

911 dispatcher:

So it’s one gunshot you heard?

Neighbor:

Yes.

911 dispatcher:

OK.

Neighbor:

Hurry up, hurry up. Hurry.

911 dispatcher:

There’s officers out there. If anything changes give us a call back but we do have several officers there. One officer is there, OK?

Neighbor:

Do they see anything?

911 dispatcher:

I’m not sure m’am. I just show that he’s there and that two other officers are on their way. OK? If anything changes or you hear any more give us a call back. Because as far as you know it’s coming from behind your house near your back porch area?

Neighbor:

Yes.

911 dispatcher:

When you heard the screaming, did you hear screaming of a female or of a male? [11:37]

Neighbor:

A male. [11:40]

911 dispatcher:

OK, so when you heard screaming it was a male screaming?

Neighbor:

Yes.

911 dispatcher:

OK.

Neighbor:

Oh, my God! The guy on top has a white t-shirt. [11:51]

911 dispatcher:

What do you mean guy on top? Did you see a fight? [11:59]

Neighbor:

I don’t know. I just looked out my window and the guy on top has a white t-shirt.

911 dispatcher:

A white t-shirt. Did you see what kind of pants?

Neighbor:

No.

911 dispatcher:

OK, he’s on top of what?

Neighbor:

I couldn’t see the other thing. I couldn’t see the person he was on. [12:16]

911 dispatcher:

But he’s on top of a person? [12:18]

Neighbor:

Uh, huh.

911 dispatcher:

OK, is he, the guy with the white t-shirt, did he get up and run?

Neighbor:

I don’t know – I came to the phone and called you. [12:29]

911 dispatcher:

OK. Was he White, Black, or Hispanic when you saw him?

Neighbor:

I couldn’t tell, it was completely dark.

911 dispatcher:

OK. Well, we have several units in route, OK?

Neighbor:

OK.

911 dispatcher:

Thank you, bye.

Ends 12:49

Neighbor #4, female - Call begins 12:50

911 dispatcher:

Fire, police, or medical?

Neighbor:

This is 911, correct?

911 dispatcher:

Correct. You need police, fire, or medical?

Neighbor:

I’m sorry, police or medical. I don’t know Ma’am. I’m at [edited] and someone’s yelling two doors down from me, screaming, hollering ‘help, help, help.’ There’s an elderly man that lives down here. I don’t know what happened and then I thought I heard like a gunshot inside. I don’t know – so probably ambulance.

911 dispatcher:

OK, how many shots did you hear?

Neighbor:

One. [12:22]

911 dispatcher:

How long ago was this shot?

Neighbor:

Just like, I just heard it. When I heard that I picked up the phone and called you. [13:29]

911 dispatcher:

Before calling 911?

Neighbor:

Yes, Ma’am.

911 dispatcher:

Is it coming from [edited].

Neighbor:

No, I live [edited] and I’m inside by my large sliding glass door and there’s somebody out in the back porch, I mean, two doors down there’s an elderly man that lives there. Somebody walking around with a flashlight. I don’t know who it is. Maybe the police are already here, I don’t know because someone’s out there with a flashlight. And I did hear something …

911 dispatcher:

Yes, they should have units that are there – wait one second.

Neighbor:

Oh, my God.

911 dispatcher:

And the screaming – was it a male or a female that you heard? [14:22]

Neighbor:

It sounded to me like a male, OK, and what I know is this neighbor since I’ve been here four years, there’s an elderly man that lives like 1, 2, 3, 4 doors down north of me. And I’m inside.

911 dispatcher:

Do you think it’s coming from your area not [inaudible].

Neighbor:

I really don’t know because I’m not outside Ma’am. But I’m sitting by my back sliding glass door. There's someone out there right now. I don’t see anything but their flashlights shining around.

But I did hear someone yelling ‘help, help, help’ or something like that. Oh my God or something, and then moaning and then I heard a “boom” and I picked up the phone and I called.

911 dispatcher:

OK, so did you see or hear anything else like a vehicle leaving?

Neighbor:

No, Ma’am because I’m in the back, and the back is like there’s just a walkway, there’s no – I mean if somebody was in the front in a car, I don’t know. But as far as the back here I did not hear any kind of vehicle, no.

911 dispatcher:

And what was your name?

Neighbor:

[Edited]. Boy, it was scary.

911 dispatcher:

And your phone number, is it [inaudible].

Neighbor:

Yes, Ma’am. There’s still somebody walking around with flashlights back there.

911 dispatcher:

It might be an officer, I’m showing there should be one on scene.

Neighbor:

OK, all I can see is lights shining back and forth, which I don’t see a person walking or anything. I just see a light so …

911 dispatcher:

Yes, it could be officers.

Neighbor:

Alright, thank you.

911 dispatcher:

No problem, Ma’am. Thank you.

Ends 16:05

Neighbor #5, female - Call begins 16:13

911 dispatcher:

911 – police, fire, or medical?

Neighbor:

Medical.

911 dispatcher:

What location are you at?

Neighbor:

I think someone’s been shot.

911 dispatcher:

Where at?

Neighbor:

Oh, my God!

911 dispatcher:

Where? [Inaudible] Why do you think someone’s been shot?

Neighbor:

Because they’re out in the backyard and a gun just went off and they said call 911. Now there’s people coming with flashlights. Get inside, get inside, get inside (sounds like she’s talking to her kids.)

911 dispatcher:

You said it’s in the backyard?

Neighbor:

Yes, in the backyard. Yeah.

911 dispatcher:

Is there someone laying in the backyard?

Neighbor:

Yeah, and there’s people around them now. Get inside, [name ommitted].

911 dispatcher:

Do you know if it’s kids?

Neighbor:

No, [talks to someone else then says] it’s a black guy

911 dispatcher:

We’ve got units on the way. What do you mean it’s a black guy – that got shot?

Neighbor:

I don’t know. “[Name ommitted], is it the black guy that got shot?” [17:24]

I see a black guy standing up.

911 dispatcher:

There’s a black male standing?

Neighbor:

Yeah, and there’s people coming out with uh, let me go upstairs and look out my window.

911 dispatcher:

Can you tell me what the guy’s wearing?

Neighbor:

Police are here. I think someone else called 911.

911 dispatcher:

It looks like they did. OK, you do see officers out there with that guy?

Neighbor:

I think that’s the black guy that I see.

911 dispatcher:

OK thanks. Bye. 

Ends 18:11

Neighbor #6, female - Call begins 18:12

911 dispatcher:

Neighbor:

I’m looking out my deck of my townhome and I heard someone screaming “help” and I don’t know, I heard like a bang. [18:18]

911 dispatcher:

Now you say you live at [edited]

Neighbor:

My townhome. Yes, I’m looking out my window of my backyard and someone is yelling and screaming “help” and I heard a pop noise and they’re both still out there right now and I don’t know what’s going on. [18:43]

911 dispatcher:

You’re not the only person that’s calling. We already have one officer on the scene and others on the way …

Neighbor:

Oh, good. Oh, my God! I see the person right now. I see him like walking. There’s a man coming out … there’s people coming out with flashlights [18:56]. Oh, my God! I don’t know what he did to this person. I can’t see, there’s a man walking with a flashlight right now.

911 dispatcher:

Dispatcher tries to talk, she talks over him and asks was it a male or a female voice that was screaming. [19:11]

Neighbor:

I guess a man, I don’t know. The man is up right now and someone’s coming over. I’m glad other people called. [19:19]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, we should be out there right now.

Neighbor:

I can open my window and hear it if you want me to. [19:27]

911 dispatcher:

You can still hear it?

Neighbor:

I’m looking out my window. Somebody’s over there taking a flashlight. I don’t know what’s happening. Someone’s on the ground. [19:37]

911 dispatcher:

You see someone laying on the ground?

Neighbor:

I think someone’s been shot. I don’t know what’s going on. [19:42]

911 dispatcher:

Calm down, stay on the line with me. Like I said, we have an officer on the scene.

Neighbor:

Oh, my God, they better hurry up. I don’t know if someone’s dead on the ground or something. Oh, my God! [19:52] 

911 dispatcher:

Are they laying down?

Neighbor:

I can see out my back window and there’s a sidewalk and grass and stuff. [Inaudible] There’s a man who’s out there with a flashlight with a man who’s been wrestling … [20:14]

911 dispatcher:

Is this person laying down in the street?

Neighbor:

No, you can see from my back window – people are coming over. [20:24]

911 dispatcher:

So is the person you see laying down, laying down in the street or in the grass?

Neighbor:

On the grass. Oh, my God. People are coming, there’s another gentleman with a flashlight. I don’t know if they’re police or not. Oh, my God, he’s shot, he shot the person. He said he shot the person.

911 dispatcher:

Who is saying they shot who?

Neighbor:

The people out there – um – a guy is waving his hands up saying he shot a person. I can see a police officer that’s with him right now. Oh, my God [inaudible]. [20:57]

911 dispatcher:

The dispatcher tells the caller police will handle the situation from here.

Neighbor:

Very distraught, says she can’t believe somebody’s been killed.

911 dispatcher:

Listen, we don’t know if they’ve been killed. We know they’ve been probably … [21:22]

Neighbor:

Frantic – no, he’s dead laying on the ground.

911 dispatcher:

Just because he’s laying on the ground …

Neighbor:

Oh, my God!

911 dispatcher:

Just because he’s laying on the ground doesn’t mean he’s passed. We have an ambulance on the way as well. [21:32] We’re probably going to pick him up and take him to the hospital.

Neighbor:

I didn’t see it because it was too dark and I just heard people screaming ‘help me, help me.’ And this person shot him. He was like wrestling with him, you know what I mean? On the ground, from what I could see, it was very dark. [21:47]

[She says she doesn’t want to be a witness initially, later says she’ll talk to police.]

911 dispatcher:

OK I’ll leave you as anonymous.

Neighbor:

I’m just scared. I can’t even believe … this is another person … Oh, my God, I hope [inaudible] this young boy. I’ve never seen anyone killed. This is like a nice neighborhood, this is like, you know, Oh, my God. I don’t want – I’m too scared to live here. [22:28]

911 dispatcher:

You don’t have to worry right now. We have many officers on the way and at least two officers on the scene now. So we are on scene, OK?

Neighbor:

Oh, my God. To see someone killed laying on the grass. Oh, my God. I want to know what happened. I want to know why would this man …

911 dispatcher:

Once the incident calms down a little bit you can probably try to ask one of the officers what’s going on. But in the meantime it’s probably best …

Neighbor:

Oh, my God. Here comes another police officer. It’s right outside my window. I mean, it’s like two feet [inaudible] and 10 feet from my window. [23:07] Oh, my God. Why would somebody kill someone like that.

911 dispatcher:

Of course we’re not going to know the details …

Neighbor:

Oh, I can’t look. I mean, the officer’s shining the light on the person – he killed someone. Oh, my God! Oh, my God! [23:29]

911 dispatcher:

Did you hear or see anything else suspicious before you heard …

Neighbor:

No, I was watching my TV [inaudible] my back window and I heard people talking out there and I was kind of like ‘oh, gosh, with the pouring rain, why would they be outside. I figured walking their dog or something. And then I heard more talking voices and I didn’t open my window and then I just, it looked like I saw two men talking to each other. It looked like they were wrestling each other and then I heard the man saying ‘help, help’ [24:04]  

I mean, I would have helped if I could have. He’s walking … the police officer’s bringing the person away that someone …

911 dispatcher:

Alright, stay inside your house for the time being. Once this thing calms down a little bit …

Neighbor:

Oh, God, I mean they’re looking at the person that’s dead … [very distraught – 24:29]

911 dispatcher:

You’re very emotional. You may want to step away from the window for the time being.

Neighbor:

[The dispatcher and neighbor discuss her calling friend or family to be with her – she’s extremely distraught.]

911 dispatcher:

Right now the best thing to do is probably stay inside. It’s probably going to just make you emotional looking out the window. You should probably walk away for now.

Neighbor:

I just can’t believe it, I wish I could have done something for the person.

911 dispatcher:

From what I can see, we possibly have the person that’s responsible so you don’t have to sorry about that for now.

Neighbor:

Yes, I know, but when someone yells for help, you wish you could have helped them. You know? I mean, I don’t have a gun or anything but … I am sorry but …

911 dispatcher:

That’s OK …

Neighbor:

I never – I can’t believe, I could never even imagine anything like this where I live, you know.

911 dispatcher:

Hindsight is always 20/20. The whole thing happened too quickly. I mean, you weren’t the only one that heard. Like I said earlier, a lot of other people called about it in your neighborhood.

Neighbor:

I mean, the people that like are back there, their porches are right there. They were probably like three feet. They could have ran out and helped the person, you know.

911 dispatcher:

Honestly, calling 911 is the best way to help this man, especially to get the ambulance rolling out there as fast as we could.

Neighbor:

OK, so people called even before I did?

911 dispatcher:

Yeah, we got a bunch of calls all at once so trust me, a lot of people in your area called in and an ambulance was rolling right away. Police as well. Right now I can tell you police might be out there for a while since they’re investigating a serious crime.

Neighbor:

Should I stay here or should I go down there and say anything? [26:53]

911 dispatcher:

For now you might just want to stay in your house and wait for things to calm down a little bit. Investigators might go door-to-door to see if anyone else might have heard or seen anything else out of the ordinary. Of course if you hear a knock at your door and it’s a police officer you probably should try to talk to them. It might make you feel a little better as well because they can tell you exactly what’s going on and details of whether or not you should be worried.

Neighbor:

I hear a lot of cars [inaudible]

911 dispatcher:

There’s probably going to be a lot of sirens. Trust me, the sirens will be over soon. They’re probably going to take this guy to the hospital if …

Neighbor:

I just heard them say something, all the cars are outside my house right now in the front. Sorry, I’m just shaking.

[Neighbor, dispatcher discuss friend for her support – she’s having a tough time coping with the situation. She suggests someone calling her for support, for trauma. Dispatcher suggests getting her some help if she feels she needs it – she said she can’t even hold onto the phone because her hand was shaking. Offers an ambulance to come check her out if needed. He suggests a victim’s advocate to come out and respond to her.]

Ends 32:42

Neighbor #7, female - Call begins 32:43

911 dispatcher:

Neighbor:

My brother said someone got shot behind our house.

911 dispatcher:

OK, what is the address out there?

Neighbor:

[Edited]

911 dispatcher:

Is your brother out there right now?

Neighbor:

No, he ran in the house.

911 dispatcher:

Do you know who was shot?

Neighbor:

I have no idea. I’m inside.

911 dispatcher:

OK. Is that the address where they’re at or the address where you’re at?

Neighbor:

It’s behind our house.

SANFORD, Florida (Isabelle Zehnder reporting) -- Moments before 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by 28-year-old neighborhood watch captain, George Zimmerman, neighbors made calls to 911. Below is a transcription of those calls. 

Warning: Some may find contents of the 911 calls disturbing. 

MSNBC provided 911 tape recordings of the night of the shooting. The first call is Zimmerman calling 911. Subsequent calls are nearby neighbors who also called 911. 

Click here to listen to Zimmerman's call and for a transciption of the call.

Neighbor #1, male - Call begins 4:12

Police … I just heard a shot right behind my house. [4:14] They’re wrestling right in the back of my porch.

Advertisement

911 dispatcher:

You just heard one shot go off?

Neighbor:

It was either that or a rock at the window, I don’t know, the guy’s yelling “help” and I’m not going outside. [4:34]

911 dispatcher:

OK, you hear someone yelling for help?

Neighbor:

Um, I’m pretty sure the guy’s dead out here – holy sh*t! [5:03]

911 dispatcher:

OK, we have several people calling in also. Anything else that you heard?

Neighbor:

Uh, no. A guy yelling “help.” Oh, my God! Um, there’s a guy with a flashlight in the backyard now. I think there’s flashlights, and there’s a guy – I don’t know if that’s a cop.

911 dispatcher:

OK, we’ve had several calls in. Are you sure you heard voices? Was there just one …

Neighbor:

There’s two guys. There’s two guys in the backyard with flashlights and there’s a black guy down and it looks like he’s been shot and he’s dead. He’s laying and there’s multiple people calling. [5:50]

911 dispatcher:

OK, I have several officers going there, OK? Thank you. Bye.

Neighbor:

Bye.

Ends 6:00

Neighbor #2, Female - Call begins 6:01

911 dispatcher:

911 police, fire, and medical.

Neighbor:

Um, maybe both, I’m not sure. There’s just someone screaming outside [screaming could be heard – 6:15]

911 dispatcher:

OK, what’s the address they’re near?

Neighbor:

[Address omitted]

911 dispatcher:

OK, is it a male or female?

Neighbor:

It sounds like a male.

911 dispatcher:

And you don’t know why?

Neighbor:

I don’t know why. I think they’re yelling “help” but I don’t know. [6:32] Just send someone please, crap.

911 dispatcher:

Does he look hurt to you?

Neighbor:

I can’t see him and I don’t want to go out there, I don’t know what’s going on. [Screams could be heard – 6:47]

911 dispatcher:

Do you think he’s yelling “help”?

Neighbor:

Yes.

911 dispatcher:

Alright [inaudible]

Neighbor:

Just … there’s gunshots [6:55]

911 dispatcher:

You just heard gunshots?

Click here to hear gunshot [at 0.45]

Neighbor:

Yes.

911 dispatcher:

How many?

Neighbor:

Just one … [Speaks to someone in the room][ 7:05]

911 dispatcher:

[Inaudible] – possibly: Is someone bleeding?

Neighbor:

I don’t know. [Speaks to someone in the room]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, is he right outside?

Neighbor:

Yeah, pretty much out the back deck [7:25]

911 dispatcher:

Is he in front of it or behind that?

Neighbor:

He’s behind my house. [Stay away from the windows.]

911 dispatcher:

I don’t hear him yelling anymore. Do you hear anything? [7:34]

Neighbor:

No, I don’t because I’m hiding upstairs because there was a gunshot right outside our house. You obviously sent someone, right?

911 dispatcher:

Yes they’ve been dispatched. What’s your name and phone number?

Neighbor:

My name is [edited] my phone number is [edited.]

911 dispatcher:

How do you spell your last name?

Neighbor:

[Edited.]

911 dispatcher:

Do you hear any vehicles leaving or anyone else? Do you hear anything?

Neighbor:

There’s people out there and I don’t want to go down there. [8:14]

911 dispatcher:

Multiple people are yelling now?

Neighbor:

Yeah. [8:20]

911 dispatcher:

OK – we do have officers on the way. Call us back if you do hear or see anything suspicious like any vehicles leaving or anything like that, OK?

Neighbor:

OK.

911 dispatcher:

Alright, thank you. Bye.

Ends 8:44

Neighbor #3, female - Call begins 8:45

911 dispatcher:

What is your emergency – police, fire, or medical?

Neighbor:

Police please.

911 dispatcher:

For what address or [inaudible]

Neighbor:

I’m at [edited] – there’s someone screaming outside.

911 dispatcher:

Is it where you’re at?

Neighbor:

Yes, I heard a gunshot – hurry up.

911 dispatcher:

OK.

Neighbor:

Some just [inaudible]

911 dispatcher:

Do you see anybody? I don’t need you to go outside.

Neighbor:

There’s someone screaming – I just heard gunshots [caller frantic] [9:17]

911 dispatcher:

OK. Do you see anything? I don’t need you to go outside but do you see anything? Do you hear squealing of tires, anything?

Neighbor:

Hurry up, they’re right outside my house.

911 dispatcher:

OK. We are sending someone. Are you in Sanford?

Neighbor:

Yes.

911 dispatcher:

What is your name?

Neighbor:

I see a person now. [9:47]

911 dispatcher:

What is your address? [Asks neighbor to spell name and address] – asks How old are you?

Neighbor:

I’m 40.

911 dispatcher:

OK, do you see the officer?

Neighbor:

Yeah, but like, it’s behind my house – it’s not the front entrance, it’s near – oh my God.

911 dispatcher:

Near what? Tell me so I can tell them.

Neighbor:

Like, if you’re looking at my house it’s behind, by my back porch.

911 dispatcher:

OK – coming from behind your house?

Neighbor:

Yes, by the back porch.

911 dispatcher:

OK, stay on the line with me and update me. Did you see anything at all or did you just hear screaming?

Neighbor:

I just heard screaming and gun shots.

911 dispatcher:

OK. We have an officer there. Did you hear anymore gunshots?

Neighbor:

No, I don’t hear any more.

911 dispatcher:

So it’s one gunshot you heard?

Neighbor:

Yes.

911 dispatcher:

OK.

Neighbor:

Hurry up, hurry up. Hurry.

911 dispatcher:

There’s officers out there. If anything changes give us a call back but we do have several officers there. One officer is there, OK?

Neighbor:

Do they see anything?

911 dispatcher:

I’m not sure m’am. I just show that he’s there and that two other officers are on their way. OK? If anything changes or you hear any more give us a call back. Because as far as you know it’s coming from behind your house near your back porch area?

Neighbor:

Yes.

911 dispatcher:

When you heard the screaming, did you hear screaming of a female or of a male? [11:37]

Neighbor:

A male. [11:40]

911 dispatcher:

OK, so when you heard screaming it was a male screaming?

Neighbor:

Yes.

911 dispatcher:

OK.

Neighbor:

Oh, my God! The guy on top has a white t-shirt. [11:51]

911 dispatcher:

What do you mean guy on top? Did you see a fight? [11:59]

Neighbor:

I don’t know. I just looked out my window and the guy on top has a white t-shirt.

911 dispatcher:

A white t-shirt. Did you see what kind of pants?

Neighbor:

No.

911 dispatcher:

OK, he’s on top of what?

Neighbor:

I couldn’t see the other thing. I couldn’t see the person he was on. [12:16]

911 dispatcher:

But he’s on top of a person? [12:18]

Neighbor:

Uh, huh.

911 dispatcher:

OK, is he, the guy with the white t-shirt, did he get up and run?

Neighbor:

I don’t know – I came to the phone and called you. [12:29]

911 dispatcher:

OK. Was he White, Black, or Hispanic when you saw him?

Neighbor:

I couldn’t tell, it was completely dark.

911 dispatcher:

OK. Well, we have several units in route, OK?

Neighbor:

OK.

911 dispatcher:

Thank you, bye.

Ends 12:49

Neighbor #4, female - Call begins 12:50

911 dispatcher:

Fire, police, or medical?

Neighbor:

This is 911, correct?

911 dispatcher:

Correct. You need police, fire, or medical?

Neighbor:

I’m sorry, police or medical. I don’t know Ma’am. I’m at [edited] and someone’s yelling two doors down from me, screaming, hollering ‘help, help, help.’ There’s an elderly man that lives down here. I don’t know what happened and then I thought I heard like a gunshot inside. I don’t know – so probably ambulance.

911 dispatcher:

OK, how many shots did you hear?

Neighbor:

One. [12:22]

911 dispatcher:

How long ago was this shot?

Neighbor:

Just like, I just heard it. When I heard that I picked up the phone and called you. [13:29]

911 dispatcher:

Before calling 911?

Neighbor:

Yes, Ma’am.

911 dispatcher:

Is it coming from [edited].

Neighbor:

No, I live [edited] and I’m inside by my large sliding glass door and there’s somebody out in the back porch, I mean, two doors down there’s an elderly man that lives there. Somebody walking around with a flashlight. I don’t know who it is. Maybe the police are already here, I don’t know because someone’s out there with a flashlight. And I did hear something …

911 dispatcher:

Yes, they should have units that are there – wait one second.

Neighbor:

Oh, my God.

911 dispatcher:

And the screaming – was it a male or a female that you heard? [14:22]

Neighbor:

It sounded to me like a male, OK, and what I know is this neighbor since I’ve been here four years, there’s an elderly man that lives like 1, 2, 3, 4 doors down north of me. And I’m inside.

911 dispatcher:

Do you think it’s coming from your area not [inaudible].

Neighbor:

I really don’t know because I’m not outside Ma’am. But I’m sitting by my back sliding glass door. There's someone out there right now. I don’t see anything but their flashlights shining around.

But I did hear someone yelling ‘help, help, help’ or something like that. Oh my God or something, and then moaning and then I heard a “boom” and I picked up the phone and I called.

911 dispatcher:

OK, so did you see or hear anything else like a vehicle leaving?

Neighbor:

No, Ma’am because I’m in the back, and the back is like there’s just a walkway, there’s no – I mean if somebody was in the front in a car, I don’t know. But as far as the back here I did not hear any kind of vehicle, no.

911 dispatcher:

And what was your name?

Neighbor:

[Edited]. Boy, it was scary.

911 dispatcher:

And your phone number, is it [inaudible].

Neighbor:

Yes, Ma’am. There’s still somebody walking around with flashlights back there.

911 dispatcher:

It might be an officer, I’m showing there should be one on scene.

Neighbor:

OK, all I can see is lights shining back and forth, which I don’t see a person walking or anything. I just see a light so …

911 dispatcher:

Yes, it could be officers.

Neighbor:

Alright, thank you.

911 dispatcher:

No problem, Ma’am. Thank you.

Ends 16:05

Neighbor #5, female - Call begins 16:13

911 dispatcher:

Neighbor:

Medical.

911 dispatcher:

What location are you at?

Neighbor:

I think someone’s been shot.

911 dispatcher:

Where at?

Neighbor:

Oh, my God!

911 dispatcher:

Where? [Inaudible] Why do you think someone’s been shot?

Neighbor:

Because they’re out in the backyard and a gun just went off and they said call 911. Now there’s people coming with flashlights. Get inside, get inside, get inside (sounds like she’s talking to her kids.)

911 dispatcher:

You said it’s in the backyard?

Neighbor:

Yes, in the backyard. Yeah.

911 dispatcher:

Is there someone laying in the backyard?

Neighbor:

Yeah, and there’s people around them now. Get inside, [name ommitted].

911 dispatcher:

Do you know if it’s kids?

Neighbor:

No, [talks to someone else then says] it’s a black guy

911 dispatcher:

We’ve got units on the way. What do you mean it’s a black guy – that got shot?

Neighbor:

I don’t know. “[Name ommitted], is it the black guy that got shot?” [17:24]

I see a black guy standing up.

911 dispatcher:

There’s a black male standing?

Neighbor:

Yeah, and there’s people coming out with uh, let me go upstairs and look out my window.

911 dispatcher:

Can you tell me what the guy’s wearing?

Neighbor:

Police are here. I think someone else called 911.

911 dispatcher:

It looks like they did. OK, you do see officers out there with that guy?

Neighbor:

I think that’s the black guy that I see.

911 dispatcher:

OK thanks. Bye. 

Ends 18:11

Neighbor #6, female - Call begins 18:12

911 dispatcher:

Neighbor:

I’m looking out my deck of my townhome and I heard someone screaming “help” and I don’t know, I heard like a bang. [18:18]

911 dispatcher:

Now you say you live at [edited]

Neighbor:

My townhome. Yes, I’m looking out my window of my backyard and someone is yelling and screaming “help” and I heard a pop noise and they’re both still out there right now and I don’t know what’s going on. [18:43]

911 dispatcher:

You’re not the only person that’s calling. We already have one officer on the scene and others on the way …

Neighbor:

Oh, good. Oh, my God! I see the person right now. I see him like walking. There’s a man coming out … there’s people coming out with flashlights [18:56]. Oh, my God! I don’t know what he did to this person. I can’t see, there’s a man walking with a flashlight right now.

911 dispatcher:

Dispatcher tries to talk, she talks over him and asks was it a male or a female voice that was screaming. [19:11]

Neighbor:

I guess a man, I don’t know. The man is up right now and someone’s coming over. I’m glad other people called. [19:19]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, we should be out there right now.

Neighbor:

I can open my window and hear it if you want me to. [19:27]

911 dispatcher:

You can still hear it?

Neighbor:

I’m looking out my window. Somebody’s over there taking a flashlight. I don’t know what’s happening. Someone’s on the ground. [19:37]

911 dispatcher:

You see someone laying on the ground?

Neighbor:

I think someone’s been shot. I don’t know what’s going on. [19:42]

911 dispatcher:

Calm down, stay on the line with me. Like I said, we have an officer on the scene.

Neighbor:

Oh, my God, they better hurry up. I don’t know if someone’s dead on the ground or something. Oh, my God! [19:52] 

911 dispatcher:

Are they laying down?

Neighbor:

I can see out my back window and there’s a sidewalk and grass and stuff. [Inaudible] There’s a man who’s out there with a flashlight with a man who’s been wrestling … [20:14]

911 dispatcher:

Is this person laying down in the street?

Neighbor:

No, you can see from my back window – people are coming over. [20:24]

911 dispatcher:

So is the person you see laying down, laying down in the street or in the grass?

Neighbor:

On the grass. Oh, my God. People are coming, there’s another gentleman with a flashlight. I don’t know if they’re police or not. Oh, my God, he’s shot, he shot the person. He said he shot the person.

911 dispatcher:

Who is saying they shot who?

Neighbor:

The people out there – um – a guy is waving his hands up saying he shot a person. I can see a police officer that’s with him right now. Oh, my God [inaudible]. [20:57]

911 dispatcher:

The dispatcher tells the caller police will handle the situation from here.

Neighbor:

Very distraught, says she can’t believe somebody’s been killed.

911 dispatcher:

Listen, we don’t know if they’ve been killed. We know they’ve been probably … [21:22]

Neighbor:

Frantic – no, he’s dead laying on the ground.

911 dispatcher:

Just because he’s laying on the ground …

Neighbor:

Oh, my God!

911 dispatcher:

Just because he’s laying on the ground doesn’t mean he’s passed. We have an ambulance on the way as well. [21:32] We’re probably going to pick him up and take him to the hospital.

Neighbor:

I didn’t see it because it was too dark and I just heard people screaming ‘help me, help me.’ And this person shot him. He was like wrestling with him, you know what I mean? On the ground, from what I could see, it was very dark. [21:47]

[She says she doesn’t want to be a witness initially, later says she’ll talk to police.]

911 dispatcher:

OK I’ll leave you as anonymous.

Neighbor:

I’m just scared. I can’t even believe … this is another person … Oh, my God, I hope [inaudible] this young boy. I’ve never seen anyone killed. This is like a nice neighborhood, this is like, you know, Oh, my God. I don’t want – I’m too scared to live here. [22:28]

911 dispatcher:

You don’t have to worry right now. We have many officers on the way and at least two officers on the scene now. So we are on scene, OK?

Neighbor:

Oh, my God. To see someone killed laying on the grass. Oh, my God. I want to know what happened. I want to know why would this man …

911 dispatcher:

Once the incident calms down a little bit you can probably try to ask one of the officers what’s going on. But in the meantime it’s probably best …

Neighbor:

Oh, my God. Here comes another police officer. It’s right outside my window. I mean, it’s like two feet [inaudible] and 10 feet from my window. [23:07] Oh, my God. Why would somebody kill someone like that.

911 dispatcher:

Of course we’re not going to know the details …

Neighbor:

Oh, I can’t look. I mean, the officer’s shining the light on the person – he killed someone. Oh, my God! Oh, my God! [23:29]

911 dispatcher:

Did you hear or see anything else suspicious before you heard …

Neighbor:

No, I was watching my TV [inaudible] my back window and I heard people talking out there and I was kind of like ‘oh, gosh, with the pouring rain, why would they be outside. I figured walking their dog or something. And then I heard more talking voices and I didn’t open my window and then I just, it looked like I saw two men talking to each other. It looked like they were wrestling each other and then I heard the man saying ‘help, help’ [24:04]  

I mean, I would have helped if I could have. He’s walking … the police officer’s bringing the person away that someone …

911 dispatcher:

Alright, stay inside your house for the time being. Once this thing calms down a little bit …

Neighbor:

Oh, God, I mean they’re looking at the person that’s dead … [very distraught – 24:29]

911 dispatcher:

You’re very emotional. You may want to step away from the window for the time being.

Neighbor:

[The dispatcher and neighbor discuss her calling friend or family to be with her – she’s extremely distraught.]

911 dispatcher:

Right now the best thing to do is probably stay inside. It’s probably going to just make you emotional looking out the window. You should probably walk away for now.

Neighbor:

I just can’t believe it, I wish I could have done something for the person.

911 dispatcher:

From what I can see, we possibly have the person that’s responsible so you don’t have to sorry about that for now.

Neighbor:

Yes, I know, but when someone yells for help, you wish you could have helped them. You know? I mean, I don’t have a gun or anything but … I am sorry but …

911 dispatcher:

That’s OK …

Neighbor:

I never – I can’t believe, I could never even imagine anything like this where I live, you know.

911 dispatcher:

Hindsight is always 20/20. The whole thing happened too quickly. I mean, you weren’t the only one that heard. Like I said earlier, a lot of other people called about it in your neighborhood.

Neighbor:

I mean, the people that like are back there, their porches are right there. They were probably like three feet. They could have ran out and helped the person, you know.

911 dispatcher:

Honestly, calling 911 is the best way to help this man, especially to get the ambulance rolling out there as fast as we could.

Neighbor:

OK, so people called even before I did?

911 dispatcher:

Yeah, we got a bunch of calls all at once so trust me, a lot of people in your area called in and an ambulance was rolling right away. Police as well. Right now I can tell you police might be out there for a while since they’re investigating a serious crime.

Neighbor:

Should I stay here or should I go down there and say anything? [26:53]

911 dispatcher:

For now you might just want to stay in your house and wait for things to calm down a little bit. Investigators might go door-to-door to see if anyone else might have heard or seen anything else out of the ordinary. Of course if you hear a knock at your door and it’s a police officer you probably should try to talk to them. It might make you feel a little better as well because they can tell you exactly what’s going on and details of whether or not you should be worried.

Neighbor:

I hear a lot of cars [inaudible]

911 dispatcher:

There’s probably going to be a lot of sirens. Trust me, the sirens will be over soon. They’re probably going to take this guy to the hospital if …

Neighbor:

I just heard them say something, all the cars are outside my house right now in the front. Sorry, I’m just shaking.

[Neighbor, dispatcher discuss friend for her support – she’s having a tough time coping with the situation. She suggests someone calling her for support, for trauma. Dispatcher suggests getting her some help if she feels she needs it – she said she can’t even hold onto the phone because her hand was shaking. Offers an ambulance to come check her out if needed. He suggests a victim’s advocate to come out and respond to her.]

Ends 32:42

Neighbor #7, female - Call begins 32:43

911 dispatcher:

Neighbor:

My brother said someone got shot behind our house.

911 dispatcher:

OK, what is the address out there?

Neighbor:

[Edited]

911 dispatcher:

Is your brother out there right now?

Neighbor:

No, he ran in the house.

911 dispatcher:

Do you know who was shot?

Neighbor:

I have no idea. I’m inside.

911 dispatcher:

OK. Is that the address where they’re at or the address where you’re at?

Neighbor:

It’s behind our house.

911 dispatcher:

Behind your house?

Neighbor:

Yeah.

911 dispatcher:

OK, you didn’t see anything else, or hear anything else?

Neighbor:

No. I wasn’t outside.

911 dispatcher:

OK. Did you hear the shot?

Neighbor:

I heard something then my brother ran in the house.

911 dispatcher:

OK. And your brother didn’t see anything else?

Neighbor:

My brother saw it.

911 dispatcher:

OK. Is your brother there right now?

Neighbor:

He’s next to me.

911 dispatcher:

OK, can you give him the phone?

Neighbor:

Yeah.

Brother:

Hello.

911 dispatcher:

Sir, what exactly did you see?

Brother:

I saw a man laying on the ground and he was held down screaming and I was gonna go over there and try to help him but my dog ran off the leash so I went and got my dog and then I heard a loud sound and then the screaming stopped. [34:10]

911 dispatcher:

OK, then did you see the person get shot?

Brother:

No.

911 dispatcher:

OK. Do you know the person who was shot or did you see the person who had the gun?

Brother:

No, I just heard a loud gunshot sound and then the screaming stopped.

911 dispatcher:

OK, we do have officers in the area right now.

Neighbor:

OK.

911 dispatcher:

OK, thanks a lot. Bye.

Ends 34:34

Above is a transcription of neighbors who called 911 moments before Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin. It was transcribed to the best of the transcriber's abilities, and is not meant to replace any official transcript of the call. 

You can listen to the neighbors' calls here from 4:12 to 34:34. 

On February 26, 2012, Trayvon Martin, 17, was walking home from a convenience store after purchasing an Arizona iced tea and Skittles. Moments later he was lying dead on the ground, shot to death by volunteer neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman, 28.

Trayvon Martin's father, Tracy Martin, was staying in his fiancee's gated Sanford, Florida neighborhood where his son was shot and killed while returning from a local convenience store. 

Continue reading on Examiner.com Neighbors' 911 calls before, during shooting death of Trayvon Martin transcribed - National unsolved cases | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/unsolved-cases-in-national/neighbor-s-911-calls-before-during-shooting-death-of-trayvon-martin-transcribed#ixzz1qg23dtt2

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Al Sharpton and the NAACP will just lead black people into error and mayhem. Foolish blacks better wake up and realize that these fake black "leaders" are nothing but the white devil. Trayvon doesn't exist and neither do Zimmerman.

What a name in Zimmerman for someone who looks mighty hispanic and ethnic. I would think he was german or white jewish with such a name.

Tray-Von. Are they serious. This is just a mockery of black people's choice of name and their unusual spelling and creative whenit comes to name picking. Whoever fell for this Trayvon-shooting-trick needs to get slapped.

Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^
 -

-

--------------------
"TRUTH IS LIKE LIGHTNING WITH ITS ERRAND DONE BEFORE YOU HEAR THE THUNDER" - Gerald Massey
"TRUTH IS FINAL" -Mumia Abu-Jamal

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboo:
Al Sharpton and the NAACP will just lead black people into error and mayhem. Foolish blacks better wake up and realize that these fake black "leaders" are nothing but the white devil. Trayvon doesn't exist and neither do Zimmerman.

What a name in Zimmerman for someone who looks mighty hispanic and ethnic. I would think he was german or white jewish with such a name.

Tray-Von. Are they serious. This is just a mockery of black people's choice of name and their unusual spelling and creative whenit comes to name picking. Whoever fell for this Trayvon-shooting-trick needs to get slapped.

Germans moved to Latin America too. The Jews with German sounding names originally are from Germany or Austria too.

From what is known, his father is white and mother Latina. He has black relatives as well.

http://www.policymic.com/timeline.html

Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com