EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Roman depictions of Egyptians

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roman depictions of Egyptians
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carlos Coke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have any Roman depictions of indigenous Egyptians?

Thanks in advance

Posts: 838 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The two dark figures facing the painter, so to speak, are Egyptians

quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
This is the original Black Modonna worship in Europe Isis as stated above..here you have Nile valley Priest..with their Roman counter parts giving homage to an African Goddess..they didn't hate they just appreaciate.
 -  -
Temple Of Isis Pompeii

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swenet - I believe all of those people are native Pompeiians and Herculaneum's. Both the Greeks and Romans adopted deities from the Egyptian pantheon, often just changing their names.

Additionally, though Albinos are often shown in the artwork that they present to us, in the actual volcanic ash mummified bodies of Pompeiians, one only finds Black people.

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed [Wink]
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/i-am-fishead-are-corporate-leaders-psychopaths/

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carlos Coke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Go away boring white racist.
Posts: 838 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by white nubian:
quote:
Originally posted by claus3600:
Does anyone have any Roman depictions of indigenous Egyptians?

Thanks in advance

-

How accurate are these Mexican depictions of blacks?

Did the Egyptians depict foreigners accurately or were their features distorted for political reasons?

White dubious, since your expertise is being a racist, you should be able to answer this best!

In my opinion those Mexican depictions are desertions, once invented why your racist ancestors in the Americans, who almost annihilated the Amerindian!

Appose to the ancient Egyptian depictions, showing the tropical adapted African from that region. Which you likely haven't seen plenty enough. loooool

Dorky white idiot.

-

-

-

-

The Narmer Palette boasts one of the earliest depictions of a king smiting his enemies. In the second and first millennia B.C., this image symbolized royal power throughout the eastern Mediterranean. On a wall of a temple to Amun at Medinet Habu, in Thebes, Pharaoh Ramesses III (1184–1153 B.C.) pummels an enemy.

-

The Narmer Palette boasts one of the earliest depictions of a king smiting his enemies. In the second and first millennia B.C., this image symbolized royal power throughout the eastern Mediterranean. The center of a seventh-century B.C., 8-inch-wide silver bowl from Idalion, on Cyprus, also shows a king about to strike an enemy with a mace.

Keep on dreaming and fantasizing about ancient Africa.

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In another thread, the Albino Nubian asks if Egyptsearch is already dead. Perhaps it is. In earlier times, many would have told claus that there are many depictions of the Romans in Egypt, probably made my Egyptian painters.

Search Fayum/Faiyum mummy portraits claus. There are about 900 Mummy Portraits excavated so far.

But of course, because they are two thousand years old, they were all in poor condition when recovered. They of course required the services of restorers to bring them back to a serviceable condition. As is always the case with restorations, some restorers are faithful to the original material, and some restorers are not, choosing instead to follow a personal or group agenda. Meaning that the work was done by Albinos, by now you should know how Albinos operate.

It's not quite what you asked for, but it should indirectly answer your questions. Since if you wanted to know what Egyptians actually looked like, there are thousands of images available already.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
^ But I understood that the Fayum portraits were of the 'colonial' Greeks and Romans. Some of the individuals look mixed-race, but I'm looking for depictions of the indigenous African Egyptians. I was hoping that the Romans might have produced loads of images.

I'm trying to build up a range of depictions of the Egyptians by foreigners-that was kind of why I asked for clarification in my other recent post on the Assyrian attack on Waset. Although I know realise that Africurious had already given some clarification regarding the Assyrian depiction of the attack at Waset

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007666

There's another on a kantharos that I came across recently on wikipedia of Herakles killing Busiris, but the Egyptsearch forum won't let me post html with parenthesis or something. If you google 'Wikipedia Busiris Greek mythology' you'll get it.

Could someone please insert/display the image (preferably enlarged) in a post? I have no idea how to.

Thanks in advance

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
claus3600 - Now I get it, you want to be able to say: see, the Greeks and Romans depicted Egyptians as Black!

Pure genius!

Just one problem:

If the Albinos created fake artworks, and said it was by Egyptians, why wouldn't they create fake works and say that they were by Greeks and Romans too?

Lets take Hercules, who was in both the Greek and Roman pantheons.

-

Hercules strangles the serpents
Painting from the House of the Vettii, Pompeii. 62-79 AD.

-

Heracles and Iphicles
(Heracles strangling two snakes in the crib)
Red figure pottery, 470 BC
Musée du Louvre, Paris

-

Heracles and the Hydra
Antonio Pollaiolo, 1460
Galleria degli Uffizi, Florence

-

Heracles and the Stymphalian Birds
Amphora with black figures, c. 500 BC
Musée du Louvre, Paris

-

Heracles and the Cretan Bull
Metope from Zeus temple, 460 BC
Archaeological Museum, Olympia

-

Heracles and Geryon
Black Figure amphora, c. 550 BC
Musée du Louvre, Paris

-

Heracles and Cerberus
(Eurystheus hiding in the bronze jar, again)
Hydria found in Cairéa, 530-525 BC
Musée du Louvre, Paris

-

Apollo and Heracles Fights Over the Tripod of Delphi
Attic hydria with black figures of the Painter of Madrid. c. 510 BC Museo Arqueológico Nacional, Madrid

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^More:

-

Heracles Slaying Nessus
Greek amphora, c. 610 BC
Archaeological National Museum, Athens

-

Hercules and Minerva (or Heracles and Athena)
Painting from the College of Augustali, Herculaneum, 62-79 AD.

-

Heracles and Atlas
(Athena on the left, again)
Metope from Zeus temple, c. 460 BC
Archaeological Museum, Olympia

-

Heracles Steals Diomedes' Mares
Stone relief, 2nd century BC
Museum of Delphi

-

Heracles as a boy strangling a snake (marble, Roman artwork, 2nd century CE)

Here is the one that you wanted.

-

There are a zillion of these, no point in going on.

Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, Herakles is described as blue eyed and yellow haired in ancient Greek literature.

Are you claiming the literature was faked by ancient albinos as well?

Posts: 1575 | From: - | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Here is a nice "Authentic" looking Heracles:

Just one problem, the Albinos have been known to allow a Black, just so that they could sneak in some Albinos, and then say; see it's authentic!

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
claus3600 - Please note Cass's (Anglo_Pyramidologist) statement above.

You may think that he is a juvenile liar, but actually he is quite typical of Albinos as far as history goes. Whatever lie they think that they can get away with, that's the lie that they will tell.

When it comes to what Albino say: If you want to try to figure out what is lie and what is only half lie, you must learn to triangulate.

Heracles was a divine hero in Greek mythology, the son of Zeus and Alcmene, foster son of Amphitryon and great-grandson (and half-brother) of Perseus. He was the greatest of the Greek heroes.

Note how Heracles father is depicted in Albino artwork.

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
So then claus, you will note that all of the above "Look" authentic, but obviously they all cannot be - albinos are quite expert in creating "Old" looking fakes. But the Greeks and Romans, like any other people, were quite serious about their Gods. They would not have Albino and Black Hercules.

So in the whole world, is there an image of Hercules that is 100% authentic? After all, such an image would have to be completely free of Albino handling.

Actually, such an image does exist:

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^It is in Persia that we also find the only 100% authentic depiction of a Roman Emperor also.

-

Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
^ Wasn't there something about Herakles being the Hellenized African Egyptian god, Khonsu?

Thanks for posting the kantharos image.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^It is in Persia that we also find the only 100% authentic depiction of a Macedonian - a Mulatto people (Alexander the Great was Macedonian).

-

Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
@Anglo

What do you make of the depiction of Busiris on the kantharos that Mike posted for me?

Go on, entertain us.

Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Claus, Negroids by that time were in Egypt. No one denies this.

The Greco-Roman art and literature containing depictions or descriptions of egyptians only goes back a few centuries BC.

The Busiris scene on the pottery is c. 450 BC.

This matches the Herodotus quote where he describes the egyptians as dark and wooly haired.

If you go back 2000 years earlier though, Egypt was ruled by Caucasoids.

Posts: 1575 | From: - | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
^ Claus, Negroids by that time were in Egypt. No one denies this.

The Busiris scene on the pottery is c. 450 BC.
This matches the Herodotus quote where he describes the egyptians as dark and wooly haired.
If you go back 2000 years earlier though, Egypt was ruled by Caucasoids.

Leaving aside the garbage of your last sentence - the dynasties were actually genetically less influenced by gene flow the further back in time you go - you're now admitting that- for a period of time, at least in your nonsensical view- the Egyptians were black, as described by Herodotus.

Yet, on 17 April, 2012 04:06 PM you wrote
Do you really think mainstream scholarship accepts the crackpot afronut theory the ancient egyptians were ''black''?
Name a credible authority who claims this.
I have access to JSTOR and hundreds of other peer review journal sites. Never have i come across a peer-reviewed article claiming the egyptians were Negroid/Black. They don't exist.
Within egyptology and academia there is no debate on this topic. It's just limited to the INTERNET... Every genuine scholar knows the ancient egyptians were North African in phenotype (Caucasoid), not Negroid.

So you actually have denied that the ancient Egyptians were black and have made a sustained, racist effort at doing so.

But now you give credence to Herodotus. Surprising that, given what you said about Diop's quoting of Herodotus in 'The African Origin of Civilization' on your Amazon.co.uk review
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A6GLCL1OAVODI?sort_by=MostRecentComment&display=public

'Diop has compiled a typical Afrocentric book of lies, linguistic twisting and selective quote mining. Diop like all Afrocentrics quotes from Herodotus, but alters the ancient Greek term 'melanochroes', meaning 'swarthy' to 'black-skinned' . Obviously there is a big difference between these terms, as someone can be swarthy (i.e with a tan) and not be a negro . Many ancient Greeks (like their modern descendants) have olive skinned complexions because of the Mediterranean climate, but that does not make them any more Black than a pale skinned Swede. There is more of the same sort of dishonesty throughout the book to do with linguistics. Ancient terms for curly hair, are found altered to 'coiled' i.e to fit the negro hair type ...

...I could go on about how rubbish this book is and the lies within it, but i think i've wasted enough time with this Afrocentric nonsense. Sorry Afrocentrics your dreams of a 'black egypt' are just that, dreams."

But now you're saying that Herodotus was correct in describing the Egyptians as black with woolly hair. Can you see why people here regard you as having no credibility?

Thule
Member # 18853

Rate Member
See the other thread. It is not my problem you can't read properly. Melanchroes means ''dark'' not ''black'' as i have always stated regarding the Herodotus quote. I don't shift my views. It is only Diop claiming melanchroes means black, and he has no credentials in this area.
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
^Maybe you might try to explain away your statement "Claus, Negroids by that time were in Egypt. No one denies this. The Busiris scene on the pottery is c. 450 BC.
This matches the Herodotus quote where he describes the egyptians as dark and wooly haired. "

Your reference to Herodotus here, in combination with the use of 'Negroids', absolutely is in keeping with the 'Afrocentrist' use of Herodotus when making the case that the Egyptians were black.

Vansertimavindicated
Member # 20281

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vansertimavindicated     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you have figured out, this entire board consists of ONE sick degenerate that has created ficticious names to talk to itself in. There is NOONE on this site that can be trusted but me. The only links on this site that can be trusted are the ones that I provide for you! Here is a link that you can use as a resource and can be trusted!
http://www.raceandhistory.com/

http://www.cbpm.org/index.html

When you have finished reading this post check out this site to learn the truth about history and ALL civilzations. Do NOT be fooled by the real history link that the filthy monkey created using the race and history link as a guide. This is the ONLY site that can be trusted

Isnt it funny how this one little link destroys all of the charts, graphs and pics that the filthy monkey lies to us with? You now understand why the filthy monkey continues to spam the board with photos of modern day populations that had absolutely NOTHING to do with ancient Egypt

http://dnatribes.com/dnatribes-digest-2012-01-01.pdf

The next time one of these degenerates tries to tell you a lie just refer the moonkey to the latest DNA analysis on the ancient Egyptians, and then tell the faggot to crawl back in its cave!

This pretty much destroys all of the outdated and fallaceous sources that the silly monkey uses doesnt it?

The pig just keeps showing us why these crackers should not exist! They have genetically recessive genes and ion 50 years they will be the minority in BRITAIN!! THAT ALONE SHOULD TELL YOU THAT THEY WILL EVENTUALLY DIE OUT LIKE THE UNATURAL ABOMINATIONS THAT THEY ARE!

Look at the low IQ monkey with its charts and pictures LOL tHE dna analysis does not matter to this monkey, because it lives in a world of fantasy! lol

Folks, the monkey performs at my commend. I am this monkeys master!But then again all one needs to do is take a cursury look at this monkeys youtube page to understand the tenuous grip on reality that this monkey has! LOL
http://www.youtube.com/user/phoenician7

When the DNA analysis irrefutably shows that the modern day populations of South Africa, West Africa anmd central Africa are the ancestors of the ancient Egyptians what does a low IQ monkey do???

The low IQ monkey shows pictures and charts and munbles on and on about haplogroups while completely ignoring what the DNA analysis of the ancient Egyptians actually says LOL

the DNA analysis irrefutably shows that the modern day populations of South Africa, West Africa anmd central Africa are the ancestors of the ancient Egyptians. Thats what the DNA says, thats what the science says. This monkey in all of its fake names is very pathetic isnt it?

Bookmark this link as it can definitely be TRUSTED

http://www.cbpm.org/index.html

Posts: 3642 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by claus3600:
^Maybe you might try to explain away your statement "Claus, Negroids by that time were in Egypt. No one denies this. The Busiris scene on the pottery is c. 450 BC.
This matches the Herodotus quote where he describes the egyptians as dark and wooly haired. "

Your reference to Herodotus here, in combination with the use of 'Negroids', absolutely is in keeping with the 'Afrocentrist' use of Herodotus when making the case that the Egyptians were black.

Very well, [Cool]
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com