EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » It Was God's Plan For Me To Kil Trayvon Martin (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: It Was God's Plan For Me To Kil Trayvon Martin
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asante-Korton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhF1cBgmj8eLLUsL30
Posts: 1064 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh, and the parents said it wasn't, yet both claim to worship the same Christian god!

But if you think about it Zimmerman's comments are more in line with Christian theology. For example, if it wasn't part of god's plan that Martin would be dead that night (whether by murder or self-defense) how then do the family justify their omnipotent Christian god? If things can happen without him willing or planning it that way then he is not all powerful or all knowing etc etc. Guess they didnt think about that one before they mouthed off again.

Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real tawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When he made the statement, it was to establish his Christian faith before the nation. At no time did he say it was "God's plan for me to kill Trayvon." People are running with that statement, taking it out of context. Any Christian knows that all circumstances in life are a result of God's elaborate master plan.

As they say, nothing to see here folks, move along.

Posts: 507 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LD, She was my heroine [Frown]

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khufu
Member # 17461

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khufu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“time and unforeseen occurrence befall [us] all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:11) So no matter how bizarre or unlikely the circumstances, tragic events are not predestined. This is what the Bible says.

Therefore, it was not in God's plans. Infact, God had nothing to do with the situation that occured between Martin and Zimmerman.

Posts: 98 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asante-Korton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
6 commandment: Thou shalt not kill.
Posts: 1064 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh, and the parents said it wasn't, yet both claim to worship the same Christian god!

quote:
But if you think about it Zimmerman's comments are more in line with Christian theology. For example, if it wasn't part of god's plan that Martin would be dead that night (whether by murder or self-defense) how then do the family justify their omnipotent Christian god? If things can happen without him willing or planning it that way then he is not all powerful or all knowing etc etc. Guess they didnt think about that one before they mouthed off again.
Christian theologians solved that one a long time ago with the posit that "humans have free will". It was part of God's omnipotency--as they argued--that humans be endowed with free will. Otherwise humans would just be mindless automatons.

Zimmerman is not too bright.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crush Black Lies:
When he made the statement, it was to establish his Christian faith before the nation. At no time did he say it was "God's plan for me to kill Trayvon." People are running with that statement, taking it out of context. Any Christian knows that all circumstances in life are a result of God's elaborate master plan.

stfu he said he regrets nothing and justifies his lack of regret by saying "it was God's plan not for me to second guess." If a black guy raped and killed a little white girl and said some bullsh!t like that you'd be rolling. The reason why people are interpreting it the way they are is cause he has absolutely no sense of regret for anything that happened according to what he says and is using God as a means not to second guess his actions.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
“time and unforeseen occurrence befall [us] all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:11)
LOL You idiot, this is no way solves the dilemma of the omnipotence of god and tragic events. If it is "unforseen" to god then he is not all knowing. If he knew it would happen and does nothing to stop it, then it was part of his plan. How can Zimmerman (according to Christian theology) or anybody do something that was against god's plan? This means god is not all powerful.

The notion of fee will doesn't adequately address it either because even if you argue god gives free will to humans he still knows what they will choose and allows it. Logically, the fact that this happened under the watch of an all powerful god means that it was part of his plan that Martin die that night.

As a Jew,Christian,Muslim you can't escape this.

Christian theology is on Zimmerman's side here. Again Martin's parents arent too bright.

I think somewhere in the bible (Isiah?) it says that god creates evil. This reconciles the problem of an omnipotent god and an evil world. But it raises other more troubling questions...
quote:
Originally posted by asante-Korton:

This is stupid on so many levels I swear you must be six or something. lol
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real tawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor translation, seeing as the Jews killed to eat and when in war. A more accurate word would be "murder."

quote:

Posts: 507 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
George zimmerman is a murderer period .Trayvon Martin was minding is own business walking home from the convenience store with a bag of chocolate and can of ice tea on his hand .That racist mestiso stereotype him call him a fucking coon follow him and murder him with a gun .Zimmerman say there was a fight .It doesnt matter to me he started the fight by desobeing the dispatch order and follow the teenager .All the so call bloody head and nose of zimmerman are fake zimmerman family and police cover up of an assassination of an innocent black teenager .Zimmerman father is a retired judge with connection and knowledge that he is using to work the system .Now there is a media propaganda that zimmerman is not a racist,it is gods will like he is a christian .He is going toget rich out of Trayvon Martin murder he already raise $250,000 online .Zimmerman is going to have book deal,interview etc while the mother lost his handsome 17 years old son .Im a kamite if I did what zimmerman did Ill be in prison doing 25 to life .Racisme is still a live .

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
Of course he regrets nothing, dodo! How could he regret shooting Trayvon when he believes there was no other alternative other than to shoot him during the confrontation? When you regret something, it usually means you had options available but chose the wrong one. Were he to regret shooting the kid, then indirectly he would be admitting fault.

quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:
quote:

stfu he said he regrets nothing and justifies his lack of regret by saying "it was God's plan not for me to second guess." If a black guy raped and killed a little white girl and said some bullsh!t like that you'd be rolling. The reason why people are interpreting it the way they are is cause he has absolutely no sense of regret for anything that happened according to what he says and is using God as a means not to second guess his actions.

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
quote:
LOL You idiot, this is no way solves the dilemma of the omnipotence of god and tragic events. If it is "unforseen" to god then he is not all knowing. If he knew it would happen and does nothing to stop it, then it was part of his plan. How can Zimmerman (according to Christian theology) or anybody do something that was against god's plan? This means god is not all powerful.

The notion of fee will doesn't adequately address it either because even if you argue god gives free will to humans he still knows what they will choose and allows it. Logically, the fact that this happened under the watch of an all powerful god means that it was part of his plan that Martin die that night.

Christian theology is on Zimmerman's side here. Again Martin's parents arent too bright.

I think somewhere in the bible (Isiah?) it says that god creates evil. This reconciles the problem of an omnipotent god and an evil world. But it raises other more troubling questions...
quote:

This coming from someone who is trying to make excuse for a murder LOL you are a joke
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Shooo, go away child!
quote:
Of course he regrets nothing, dodo! How could he regret shooting Trayvon when he believes there was no other alternative other than to shoot him during the confrontation? When you regret something, it usually means you had options available but chose the wrong one. Were he to regret shooting the kid, then indirectly he would be admitting fault.

quote:
quote:

Oshun is not too bright.
Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
Still defending the murderer, clown?

quote:
Shooo, go away child!
quote:

quote:
quote:

Oshun is not too bright.

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
Poor translation, seeing as the Jews killed to eat and when in war. A more accurate word would be "murder."

quote:

Was he in a middle of a war? was he trying to eat trayvon? Stop trying to make sense out of a stupid book
Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
Humans have free will, yet within the framework of God's master plan. God continues to exercise sovereign control over human affairs, including free will, and right down to the most trivial and mundane matters. Must I quote references in the Bible where God interferes with and, even violates, human free will?

quote:
Originally posted by lamin:

quote:
Christian theologians solved that one a long time ago with the posit that "humans have free will". It was part of God's omnipotency--as they argued--that humans be endowed with free will. Otherwise humans would just be mindless automatons.

Zimmerman is not too bright.

Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
No turd, it is a poor translation because the Hebrew "ratsak" is correctly translated into English as murder. The word commonly used to identify killing of animals or when engaged in war is "tabak." What you find in the ten commandments is ratsak, not tabak.

quote:
quote:

quote:

Was he in a middle of a war? was he trying to eat trayvon? Stop trying to make sense out of a stupid book

Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
well geez!!! It has not even gone to court yet. Are you schizophrenic?

quote:
Originally posted by mena7:
George zimmerman is a murderer period .Trayvon Martin was minding is own business walking home from the convenience store with a bag of chocolate and can of ice tea on his hand .That racist mestiso stereotype him call him a fucking coon follow him and murder him with a gun .Zimmerman say there was a fight .It doesnt matter to me he started the fight by desobeing the dispatch order and follow the teenager .All the so call bloody head and nose of zimmerman are fake zimmerman family and police cover up of an assassination of an innocent black teenager .Zimmerman father is a retired judge with connection and knowledge that he is using to work the system .Now there is a media propaganda that zimmerman is not a racist,it is gods will like he is a christian .He is going toget rich out of Trayvon Martin murder he already raise $250,000 online .Zimmerman is going to have book deal,interview etc while the mother lost his handsome 17 years old son .Im a kamite if I did what zimmerman did Ill be in prison doing 25 to life .Racisme is still a live .

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Of course he regrets nothing, dodo! How could he regret shooting Trayvon when he believes there was no other alternative other than to shoot him during the confrontation?

Did I specifically say he didn't regret shooting Trayvon? No I didnt I said he regretted nothing about the incident even the events where he got out the car and followed him which created the whole series of events with no probable cause. Nothing, not even the things he did wrong on his part, does he regret. He says to the fam he didnt know Trayvon was so young as if, had he known this it would've meant anything if he could go back and do it again. but then goes on Hannity and says he doesnt regret anything? That he'd have done the same thing looking at it retrospectively? Wtf Dont appologize to the family if your gonna then go on Hannity and say theres nothing to regret--nothing you feel sorry for doing...

quote:
When you regret something, it usually means you had options available but chose the wrong one. Were he to regret shooting the kid, then indirectly he would be admitting fault.
HE HAD THE OPTION to listen to the person on the phone and NOT follow Trayvon with NO probable cause he individually did anything wrong! Hannity even tries to guide the conversation in that direction. But Zimmerman said he didnt regret anything, and would not, even in do ANYTHING differently to prevent it and thats where my problem lies.

quote:
Oshun is not too bright.
 -
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Oh my, why have you turned against Zimmerman so? Oh shyt, the black ancestry part! Ok got ya! lol lol
quote:

quote:
Shooo, go away child!
quote:

quote:
quote:

Oshun is not too bright.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:
No I didnt I said he regretted nothing about the incident even the events where he got out the car and followed him which created the whole series of events with no probable cause. Nothing, not even the things he did wrong on his part, does he regret.
How do you know that? He thought he was on to a burglar. Maybe Trayvon was scouting the place to rob. We don't know.
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Anguish, Zimmerman even when asked to look at the event retrospectively feels regret for nothing. The issue here isnt what he thought at the moment, but that he says feels NOTHING even after learning Trayvon wasn't armed, and had family that lived nearby. Knowing what he knows, he would do it again and wouldn't second guess what he did because it was "God's will." He is either sly or truly is dumb enough to think he can place responsibility for the choices he made of his free will on God. If everyone could there'd be no hell. He says that he feels no regret even though he said he was "sorry" to Trayvon's family and didnt realize he was so young. Again he shouldn't say "sorry" if he is missing the key ingredient for an apology: A SENSE OF REGRET for his actions. Way for him to switch gears. smh
Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
Turn back to the dark side, Luke. [Eek!]

quote:
Oh my, why have you turned against Zimmerman so? Oh shyt, the black ancestry part! Ok got ya! lol lol
quote:

quote:
Shooo, go away child!
quote:

quote:
quote:

Oshun is not too bright.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:
Anguish, Zimmerman even when asked to look at the event retrospectively feels regret for nothing. The issue here isnt what he thought at the moment, but that he says feels NOTHING even after learning Trayvon wasn't armed, and had family that lived nearby. Knowing what he knows, he would do it again and wouldn't second guess what he did because it was "God's will." He is either sly or truly is dumb enough to think he can place responsibility for the choices he made of his free will on God. If everyone could there'd be no hell. He says that he feels no regret even though he said he was "sorry" to Trayvon's family and didnt realize he was so young. Again he shouldn't say "sorry" if he is missing the key ingredient for an apology: A SENSE OF REGRET for his actions. Way for him to switch gears. smh

Whether or not Trayvon was armed or had a family has nothing to do with it. According to him, and the forensics back him up, he was being punched senseless and had to defend himself. Why is that so hard to understand? Think for yourself instead of letting the herd do it for you.
quote:
He is either sly or truly is dumb enough to think he can place responsibility for the choices he made of his free will on God.
According to the theology God is ultimately responsible. It sucks, but that what the religion says.
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Whether or not Trayvon was armed or had a family has nothing to do with it.
It has everything to do with it. He said looking at it in retrospect he wouldn't have done anything different. Which means he wouldn't even with the knowledge the guy wasn't armed, and had no intent to break in any homes have changed anything that he did. That INCLUDES his following the guy which he could've prevented.

quote:
quote:
He is either sly or truly is dumb enough to think he can place responsibility for the choices he made of his free will on God.
According to the theology God is ultimately responsible. It sucks, but that what the religion says.
People argue pre determination, but coming from Zimmerman it sounds like bullsh!t. If predetermination prevents you from feeling any remorse,any sense that in retrospective you'd do anything different DONT APOLOGIZE TO THE FAMILY. Dont express you REGRETTED anything! He still had the choice to feel retrospectively he wouldn't follow Travyon. God also holds us accountable for our sins, especially those for which we feel no regret towards. There is also the issue of hell. If God didnt want people to feel things like remorse or regret, why is there hell? Why even go to him for forgiveness?
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Zimmerman has reopened a contentious (an sometimes embarrassing) debate on gods supposed omnipotence and the existence of evil in the world.

"When we read the Scriptures, we find out God doesn’t always get what he wants. He’s disappointed and upset when things go wrong,” he said."
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/19/zimmerman-shooting-gods-plan/?hpt=hp_c2

WTF????

This is a very existential god, a normal human who like the rest of us can't control events and hence goes through the usual existential anguish. [Eek!]
quote:
and had no intent to break in any homes
Really? How do you know this?
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
I dont even know why it opened a debate. Zimmerman apologized to the Martins, something that sits contrary to arguing against regret or retrospective second guessing because of "God's will"
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:
God also holds us accountable for our sins,
Really? How can this god hold anyone to "account" when he is not even all knowing? Does he even know why people do things? He gets disappointed which means he doesn't know. He isnt all knowing so who is he to judge all?
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
Zimmerman has reopened a contentious (an sometimes embarrassing) debate on gods supposed omnipotence and the existence of evil in the world.

"When we read the Scriptures, we find out God doesn’t always get what he wants. He’s disappointed and upset when things go wrong,” he said."
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/19/zimmerman-shooting-gods-plan/?hpt=hp_c2

WTF????

This is a very existential god, a normal human who like the rest of us can't control events and hence goes through the usual existential anguish. [Eek!]
quote:
and had no intent to break in any homes
Really? How do you know this?
Are you going to just sit around like a fool and suggest anything, even with no credible evidence should be taken as "truth." Zimmerman had no credible evidence and apologized to the Martins because he didn't know Trayvon was so young. He talked as if he, knowing more about Trayvon wouldn't have assumed he was a burglar worth profiling.
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
God also holds us accountable for our sins,
Really? How can this god hold anyone to "account" when he is not even all knowing? Does he even know why people do things? He gets disappointed which means he doesn't know. He isnt all knowing so who is he to judge all?
You call this debate embarrassing yet still continue. I'll ask once more: if Zimmerman truly believes "God's Will" removes any room to retrospectively do things different, why apologize to the Martins?
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Dear professor X, you are the one suggesting that Trayvon had no intent to break in any homes. Now I know you can read minds and shyt but what other evidence do you have sir that this was indeed the case?
quote:
I'll ask once more: if Zimmerman truly believes "God's Will" removes any room to retrospectively do things different, why apologize to the Martins?
Because even if it as he believes that it was gods will he still feels sorry for their loss and hurt? [Roll Eyes]
quote:
You call this debate embarrassing yet still continue.
Its embarrassing for religious freaks. Try to keep up.
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
anguishofbeing will keep defending george zimmerman because when he looks at george he sees himself, a racist coward
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
Dear professor X, you are the one suggesting that Trayvon had no intent to break in any homes. Now I know you can read minds and shyt but what other evidence do you have sir that this was indeed the case?

So you're going to make assumptions with no credible evidence? I think not. The burden of proof is on YOU. Thats besides the point and misses the big picture. ZIMMERMAN apologized sayin he didnt know Trayvon was so young. This mans that there was an element of the scenario he didn't know before, but had he known it things would play out differently. Zimmerman conveys 1. Regret. 2. Explains he thought Trayvon was much older. Even if we take away the issue of whether or not Zimmerman would still assume robbery with no probable cause, when talking to the Martins he suggests that he would do things differently if he had the chance, but then goes to Hannity suggests otherwise. Your nitpicking and focusing on minor details.

quote:
quote:
I'll ask once more: if Zimmerman truly believes "God's Will" removes any room to retrospectively do things different, why apologize to the Martins?
Because even if it as he believes that it was gods will he still feels sorry for their loss and hurt?
"sorry" convey regret for ones actions. Regret conveys a desire to do a previous event different. Zimmerman says "sorry" then uses God to suggest he shouldn't feel he should have done anything differently. In short while saying he was sorry to the Martins, he says he's not sorry on Hanity, he feels no regrets. He is inconsistent with whatever ideological position he's trying to push to defend what he did. "Gods will" is irrelevant or he wouldnt have said sorry to the Martins in the first place. If he were ideologically consistent he wouldnt feel the need to feel sorry for their loss because it was God's will that it happened.

quote:
quote:
You call this debate embarrassing yet still continue.
Its embarrassing for religious freaks. Try to keep up.
"keep up?" Lol practice what you preach. All I need to say to that... [Roll Eyes]
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Breaking into a home with a bag of skittles, ice tea and some spare change? LOL.

While the rest of the world has realized the breaking in thing was nothing but a figment of Zimmerman's racist/paranoid imagination, Angelina is still stuck in Februari, when it was still arguable what Trayvon was doing in the neighborhood.

This, of course, mirrors Angelina's slow pace when it comes to more scientific subjects.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Whether or not Trayvon was armed or had a family has nothing to do with it. According to him, and the forensics back him up, he was being punched senseless and had to defend himself. Why is that so hard to understand? Think for yourself instead of letting the herd do it for you.
quote:

Key words right there....that's what THE RELIGION SAYS.....

-

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Forget debating what it says, Zimmermans actions of apologizing to the Martins contradicts a position of no regret because of "God's will"
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Forget debating what it says, Zimmermans actions of apologizing to the Martins contradicts a position of no regret because of "God's will"

Indeed...an apology is what-

a·pol·o·gy
   [uh-pol-uh-jee]
noun, plural a·pol·o·gies.
1. a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another: He demanded an apology from me for calling him a crook.

2. a defense, excuse, or justification in speech or writing, as for a cause or doctrine.

apology (əˈpɒlədʒɪ)

—n , pl -gies
1. an oral or written expression of regret or contrition for a fault or failing
2. a poor substitute or offering
3. another word for apologia

[C16: from Old French apologie, from Late Latin apologia, from Greek: a verbal defence, from apo- + logos speech]

The whole point in making an apology to someone, is to express your remorse for whatever harm and/or offense you've committed against that person...hence why I never apologize to anyone unless it's genuine- I don't believe in giving 'false apologies'....

-

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:
So you're going to make assumptions with no credible evidence? I think not. The burden of proof is on YOU.
You keep repeating this because you have no where else to go. You, like sweetie, have no idea what his intentions were that night. The fact that he has skittles and ice tea doesn't mean he was not scouting the area to rob or to come back. duuuh! lol I don't know what his intentions were and neither do you. What we are more certain of is that he physically attacked Zimmerman that night.

As for his apology I dont know why you and the fake dread above cant understand. Religious people arent rational, so they will feel "sorry" for a tragic event even though they believe it was "god's will". Thats their way of rationalising tragedy in a world controlled by an all powerful god. They do this all the time. No brainer. Martin's mother is the one who has to explain to her church how is it that an all powerful god had nothing to do with her son dying that night. [Eek!]

Khufu
Member # 17461

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khufu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

quote:

Obviously there has been an misunderstanding. I said:“time and unforeseen occurrence befall [us] all.” Meaning tragic events such as natural disasters, accidents, being at the wrong place and at the wrong time, etc. No where in that scripture it said that such events was unforseen by God.

2 Not necessarily. For example: If I knew that a Tornado was headed towards the next town and did nothing to warn the people, then was it my plan for the loss of life that the Tornado took? The same here with God.

You have a Predestinarian view.
This concept would mean that, prior to creating angels or earthling man, God exercised his powers of foreknowledge and foresaw and foreknew all that would result from such creation, including the rebellion of one of his spirit sons, the subsequent rebellion of the first human pair in Eden and all the bad consequences of such rebellion down to and beyond this present day. This would necessarily mean that all the wickedness that history has recorded ( crime, immorality, oppression, resultant suffering, lying, hypocrisy, false worship and idolatry) once existed, before creation’s beginning, only in the mind of God, in the form of his foreknowledge of the future in all of its minutest details. If the Creator of mankind had indeed exercised his power to foreknow all that history has seen since man’s creation, then the full weight of all the wickedness thereafter resulting was deliberately set in motion by God when he spoke the words: “Let us make man.”.

God has the capability to know from the beginning the finale. However, God does not have to use this capability, just as he does not always have to use his immense power to the full. He wisely uses his ability of foreknowledge selectively. He uses it when it makes sense to do so and fits the circumstances.

3 No where in the Bible does it says that God creates Evil.lol If true, it would be in direct conflict with God’s moral standards and qualities, which includes justice, honesty, impartiality, love, mercy, and kindness.

You asked: "How can Zimmerman (according to Christian theology) or anybody do something that was against god's plan? This means god is not all powerful". It was never God's plan from the start.lol Like I said, God did not having anything to do with the situation that took place between Zimmerman and Martin. If it was God's plan every choice we make in life, then why would God make his intelligent creatures "accountable for their acts" If it was his plan right from the get-go?

Posts: 98 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:
No where in that scripture it said that such events was unforseen by God.
Which mean your reply was pointless. The argument here is waht god wanted, his plan, his will, wish etc etc.
quote:
It was never God's plan from the start.lol
Then he is not all powerful.
quote:
If it was God's plan every choice we make in life, then why would God make his intelligent creatures "accountable for their acts"
Because he is irrational like those that made him up. If he is all powerful, how can all tragedy not be part of his plan???? If he did not want tragedy in the world there would be none. Simple no brainer.
quote:
No where in the Bible does it says that God creates Evil.lol
Isaiah 45, God says "I make peace, and create evil".
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
So you're going to make assumptions with no credible evidence? I think not. The burden of proof is on YOU.
You keep repeating this because you have no where else to go. You, like sweetie, have no idea what his intentions were that night.
You dont prove a negative "sweetie" so learn about logical fallacies and shut that sh!t up. Your the one with nowhere to go here thats why your still on that. Even I gave you this point the big picture is still in tact. Zimmerman already apologized, which means he said he he regretted his actions and that he didnt know he was so young. Then he goes on Hannity and says he IN retrospect would change nothing even with the knowledge he has now cause "its Gods Will". Cept if it was Gods will and you regret nothing WHY apologize. You havent answered this til now, relying on an unimportant area of discussion to avoid that the proof of Zimmermans lies are easy to detect when looking at the big picture. Your problem "sweetie" is that you fail to understand he is not being ideologically consistent. I'm going to have to repeat this word to make sure you dont miss my main point here. So lets say it somemore:

He is not ideologically consistent

There. Apologizing and saying he didnt know Trayvon was so young as if that would change anything and then using God to express he'd do nothing different later. He's inconsistent.

quote:
As for his apology I dont know why you and the fake dread above cant understand. Religious people arent rational, so they will feel "sorry" for a tragic event even though they believe it was "god's will".
This is not the same as the common form of "irrationality" you speak of. If someone dies, and people tell the family "we are sorry for your loss, but it was part of Gods plan for them to go" that means if it were in the individuals power, they would've prevented it, but it was God's will not theirs. This is obvious when we think about how we use the word sorry. We use it with the notion of we would take back something that happened did IF WE HAD THE THINGS NEEDED TO CONTROL THE PROBLEM. In fact this actually isn't all that irrational.Acknowledging that they couldnt control the situation and that it was the plan of a higher power doesn't change this.

Zimmerman is different. He said that IF he had simply known Trayvon was as young as he was things would've been different (yea right). He was willing to place himself in a position of what he would've done if he had more control of the situation (in this case, more knowledge). He then says he'd have changed nothing even with control because to think in those terms is now wrong.

His way of using God and sorry isn't common and looking at his rap sheet, I dont think he truly cares about religion in this. If God told him not to second guess why did he do so in front of the Martin family? Why did he say he didnt know Trayvon was so young. Which is also, another lie IIRC cause he didnt he say on the tape Trayvon was a teen? If so thats just more reason to think hes a just a pathological liar as if his lying for bail and being crafty enough to speak in code wasnt enough.

Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
Here is a scripture that goes right to the point:

Amo 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done [it]?

quote:
quote:
No where in that scripture it said that such events was unforseen by God.
Which mean your reply was pointless. The argument here is waht god wanted, his plan, his will, wish etc etc.
quote:
It was never God's plan from the start.lol
Then he is not all powerful.
quote:
If it was God's plan every choice we make in life, then why would God make his intelligent creatures "accountable for their acts"
Because he is irrational like those that made him up. If he is all powerful, how can all tragedy not be part of his plan???? If he did not want tragedy in the world there would be none. Simple no brainer.
quote:
No where in the Bible does it says that God creates Evil.lol
Isaiah 45, God says "I make peace, and create evil".

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:
You dont prove a negative "sweetie" so learn about logical fallacies and shut that sh!t up.
What a jackass you are. Its not proving a negative, it you backing up your claim, "and had no intent to break in any homes"

Now how do you know this? Explain.
quote:
He's inconsistent
Because religious people are suppose to be rational and consistent right? lol

I wonder if you are as ticked off about the twelve blacks that died yesterday as you are about one thug wanna be?
quote:
He then says he'd have changed nothing even with control.

Because he believes he did nothing wrong stupid. His claim is self-defense so what is there to regret other than a fool that had to die for his own stupidity? He is saying he's not sorry for acting on his suspicions but he is sorry for their loss.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKRAFPHD8W4

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:

Amo 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done [it]?

Jackass, that aint the point. Do try to keep up.

Did god create evil? The bible says he did. In fact it would be a necessary claim in light of the view he is suppose to be all powerful. If evil has another source then he is not all powerful, and there goes one of Christianity's more important claim.

Khufu
Member # 17461

Rate Member

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You, like sweetie, have no idea what his intentions were that night. The fact that he has skittles and ice tea doesn't mean he was not scouting the area to rob or to come back. duuuh! lol I don't know what his intentions were and neither do you.

You're so clueless, its mind boggling. The only reason why you're entertaining this scenario (that Trayvon was scouting the area), is because Zimmerman put that idea in your feeble mind, LOL.

Zimmerman's suspicion wasn't even rational; he was clearly paranoid, and here you go, parroting him. You're so phucking impressionable, lol.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
blah...blah...blah

^Rat! Bo-Rat! Police Rat....

-

Neighborhood watcher! [Big Grin] [Razz]

-

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real tawk
Banned
Member # 20324

Rate Member
mother fucker, I was helping you out! ungrateful bastard! [Mad]

quote:
quote:

Jackass, that aint the point. Do try to keep up.

Did god create evil? The bible says he did. In fact it would be a necessary claim in light of the view he is suppose to be all powerful. If evil has another source then he is not all powerful, and there goes one of Christianity's more important claim.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com