EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » FOOD STAMPS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FOOD STAMPS
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10101.html/#a0=3

All my live I heard about Food Stamps, only now I read about it. We do not have any of that in Holland or Surinam. I see a lot of people, young men, begging in Paris or sleeping in the street. They often have a dog. Less so in Holland, but it’s on the rise. A heartbreaking sight that makes one thankful for the little one has.

In Holland they give people without income money. People also get child benefit, help with rent and medical insurance.

The medical insurance is getting way out of hand with doctors demanding huge salaries. Institutes for the poor get quickly high jacked by the rich as a source of free money. Next year every Dutch, sick or not will have to pay € 230 per person, every year. Sick people all have running debt settlements with the insurance agencies.

Some are getting help managing their payments; receive only € 50 a week for food, for three years.

There are private Food Banks, groups who give out free food packages, after thorough screening. Usually stuff past the due date, or fresh things with a little brown on the edges. They also allow people to buy second hand clothes.

Homeless shelters are really only for drunks and crazies and junks, and young immigrant men fallen on hard times. Terrible places to be.

There are safe houses for women and their children who are abused. Young women who are mistreated by their parents, who want to force them into a marriage or something.

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... a basic average guideline for the food stamp program will show that an average family of 4 can expect an amount up to $500 per month for food stamps. This figure will greatly vary based on the age of the family members and medical needs. A single person household will show an expected average of up to $200 per month. Again, these figures are averages and not state specific.

http://www.welfareinfo.org/payments/

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:
... a basic average guideline for the food stamp program will show that an average family of 4 can expect an amount up to $500 per month for food stamps. This figure will greatly vary based on the age of the family members and medical needs. A single person household will show an expected average of up to $200 per month. Again, these figures are averages and not state specific.

http://www.welfareinfo.org/payments/

I know a lady in MD who has been job-seeking for over a year, whose only income is unemployment at UNDER $325 a week and is over-qualified for medicaid coverage by $96 and eligible for about $12/month if that in food stamps (she doesn't get them she said the hell kinda groceries is she gonna buy for $12/month)....she has no minor children btw her one child is 18 or 19 now....

I guess at under $325 a week, she is supposed to be able to make her mortgage payment, her utilities, be able to adequately eat and afford healthcare smh kmrct.....

*note: from what she's told me, she's current on her mortgage- unemployment is enough to keep it paid; she makes a choice every time she gets $: eat or keep her utilities on, and I've noticed she's lost OVER 20lbs since this time last year she said eating for her is a luxury til she finds another job b/c she needs her lights water and gas; that she's gotten used to going to bed hungry at night [Frown] smh....I take her plates of food sometimes...I've helped her buy groceries when my own finances allow for it...

And she's a yte gyal lol.....but mi nuh watch that because mi nuh HEARTLESS eno!

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egmond Codfried
Member # 15683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egmond Codfried   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for a link to explain further. With stamps, what do they look like, people buy groceries. but they can exchange them to for other purposes.

We eat to much anyway, but eating is always aklso a divertion, a joy, part of our social lives. We can survive on water, but to have some beer would be nice.

i can survive on very little, and i will go and pluck nettles in the park, or wild garlic if i must. Ate plums from a wild tree, made chutney from the rest. black berries, many summers ago, from the bushes on my way to the libary. Once took a dead duck home, who died from fear as children were chasing them, cooked it, but did not like the gamey taste.

I felt like a person from a Toni morisson novel.

Posts: 5454 | From: Holland | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com